Start by marking “Behind Blue Eyes (Stockholm Murders #1)” as Want to Read:
Behind Blue Eyes (Stockholm Murders #1)

Behind Blue Eyes (Stockholm Murders #1)

The perfect man.

The perfect life.

The only problem is the dead body on the beach.

Investigative reporter Ellie has just given up her life in London to be with the man of her dreams in Sweden when she stumbles across a half decomposed skeleton on Midsummer’s eve.

She’s flung into a murder investigation in a country where she doesn’t speak the language and doesn’t know a soul.

E

Published April 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Behind Blue Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behind Blue Eyes

Start your review of Behind Blue Eyes (Stockholm Murders #1)
Linda Strong
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ellie is an investigative reporter who has given up everything ... he job, her apartment, her friends, her family ... all for a man she calls the love of her life.

She's moved to Sweden where she knows no one except her boyfriend, doesn't know the language, and his friends don't seem overeager to welcome her to their clique.

At a barbecue, she decides she's had enough and leaves to go stroll the beach. What she finds is a body ... or the skeleton of one.

That is freaky enough, but then she starts s
Kelly Van Damme
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Back in February I reviewed the first Glasgow Kiss (Dark of Night) instalment and I enjoyed Claire’s writing style and sense of humour a lot so I could not pass up the opportunity to read her latest novel. I’m happy to report that I got exactly what I thought I would get: that wicked sense of humour, despite the rather dark events.

Behind Blue Eyes is the story of Ellie, who is from England and stumbles (quite literally) over a Viking on a beach somewhere and falls madly in love with him. His nam
Samantha Gonsalves
Behind Blue Eyes by C.S. Duffy is the first installment of the Stockholm Murders Book series and its one helluva start! I've not read any of C.S. Duffy's previous works but now I think I must get started on that list. I found this book to be fast-paced, suspenseful and ultimately very unputdownable. I finished this in one day because I really needed to get the bottom of this gripping whodunnit.
Ellie James, an investigative reporter has given up her life in London to follow her one true love Joha
Jannelies
Behind Blue Eyes is a story revolving around a very small group of friends. And one of them is a killer. From the cover text it is obvious that Ellie is not the killer, but who then? Ellie will find out, and we, the readers, have an advantage because there are short chapters in which the killer speaks to us, explaining what an how, although it took me until almost the end of the book to discover the killers' identity.
This is a great book, with great characters, a good plot and very well written
Karen Whittard
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, well, well this book makes for a rollercoaster of a ride. This book throws you around like washing in a tumble dryer. Throwing twist and turns at you until right at the very end. When the author is ready to lay out what has exactly been happening in this book and then boom everything makes sense. Wonderful.
Samantha Gonsalves
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Tracy Wilkin
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Behind Blue Eyes is book one Stockholm Murders by CS Duffy. Having not sampled this authors work, I went in with a curiously open mind. I wasn't let down. This story was quality and quantity.

Mystery and suspense is what surrounds Ellie when she finds herself in the thick of a murder investigation. I am a fan of thrillers, and Ellie and Johan provided me with everything I could wish for in a mystery. These characters have an edge that is captivating and the story captures the essence of suspense
Celine Godfrey
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The blurb says it all so I won't repeat it here.

Having read all five books in her Dark of Night (aka Glasgow Kiss) series, but not being a Nordic Noir lover .... I left this one. But the author recently added a second in the series so it tweaked my interest cos I love a series! Got the second one but had to read the first one first.

Glad I did. I love the way this author writes. So easy and flowing. And her protagonists are just normal people so easily relatable. Very creatively interwoven charac
LianaReads blog
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book so much for many reasons. I've never been in Sweden and was such an interesting experience to read this book where our heroine, a Brit was trying to adapt to her new life and boyfriend in Sweden, but found it a bit difficult as they are different from what she was used to in England.
Being a journalist, her brain can't stop thinking about founding the real stories behind some cold cases of mysterious disappearance of a few local people.
I was so invested in the story th
Emandherbooks
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5⭐️
I was gifted this book In exchange for an honest review!

Overall I enjoyed it, it had a good story and good development. I grew to have strong feelings towards all the characters (for better or worse).

It was a little slow to build up in the beginning and the very ending was a little too quick for my liking! I’m not entirely satisfied with how it was all fired up! However I didn’t predict the killer, which is always good!

There were some minor spelling omissions which I picked up on but overa
Achour
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, rec
Behind Blue Eyes is a psychological thriller full of suspense and twists.

The book takes place in Sweden and features Ellie, a smart investigative reporter, who has given up everything for the love of her life, Johan. She moved from London to Sweden she had never been before and where she knows no one and doesn't speak the language. There, she tries to be part of the group of Johan’s childhood friends, not without difficulties. Each of them drags his own secrets which they did not want Ellie to k
Jan Willemson
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was walking around in Stockholm when I accidentally stumbled upon this book's presentation in the local English bookstore. It was so intriguing to hear from a British lady in Stockholm presenting her book about a British lady in Stockholm, together with the description of how being a stranger in a new culture can give rise to a psychological thriller. I simply had to buy this book, and I was not disappointed.

Not to give too much away -- it is a romantic crime story in the Nordic Noir setting.
Debi
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Behind Blue Eyes (Stockholm Murders Book 1) by CS Duffy

5 ++++++++ Stars

WOW!! And Holy Crap….

I just finished this and my heart is still racing...What a book!!

I don’t even know where to start with this review, I do know that this book sits among my favorites so far in 2019, and in this genre definitely in my tops of all time.

There were times while reading I had to slow down and work through some things, this author plotted this story so perfectly and even when I’d get confused for some reason I
Hannelore Cheney
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you NetGalley and BooksGoSocial for the eARC.
Having read a couple of Ms. Duffy's Glasgow-set series and not liking them much (unlike most other enthusiastic readers), as a Scandi Noir fan I was curious to read her new one set in Sweden.
Ellie, an investigative journalist in London, moves to Sweden to be with her new love, Johan. Despite his flaws (which includes lying), she decides to give him a chance. She's a smart, rational woman, but it's tough to admit you might have made a huge mistak
Meenu Annadurai
Jun 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-copy
I received this review copy by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Netgalley.
Review
Behind blue eyes by C.S Duffy is the first book in the Stockholm murders series. It is a psychotic thriller with abundance of suspenses, surprises, twists and thrill which increases the anticipation of the readers to the peak with every passing page. There are books which will take an avatar of a page turner towards the end but this book fires up right from the very beginning. It is undoubtedly c
K
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet another great read from this author. Well written and kept me engaged right from the start. Very cleverly written to ensure that you are not sure who is responsible until the end; I wonder if this is going to be another series? I sincerely hope so.
Jane
May 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I absolutely enjoyed this book and I was immediately hooked from the first page. The story flowed well and kept me guessing until the very end. The characters were likeable and relatable. I recommend to anyone looking for a fun read full of suspense.

Thank you to Claire Duffy, BooksGoSocial, and NetGalley for an ARC of this book.
Olivia Hahne
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Literally could not put this book down. I had bought it to read by the pool on holiday, thought I would take a sneak peak, and ended it up finishing it before I even got on the plane. Funny and gripping, it’s like your best mate recounting a story when you’re on a night out, that is so thrilling that you can’t bring yourself to go home as you want to hear more. CS Duffy transports you to life on Södermalm and the Swedish archipelago, with a healthy dose of realism about what it’s like to move to ...more
KL Cassanello
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ellie's a reporter, and she gives up her life in London to move to Sweden with Johan. Shortly after arriving, she discovers a partially decomposed body on the shore. Turns out it's Johan's former girlfriend, who went missing last year. Even though there is no evidence to tie him to Sanna's death, a lot of people still believe that he murdered her. The Johan they all describe is not the Johan that Ellie knows. But every once in a while, a little bit of doubt creeps in. She can't work yet, so she ...more
Sharon
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is a thrilling mystery that grabbed my attention from the get-go. It’s a definite page-turner and a must read if you enjoy a good mystery. It’s fast-paced and enthralling, so grab a copy, make a cuppa and get ready for one brilliant read!

Heather Bane
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this mystery. I found it suspenseful and one of those books that was hard to put down. CS Duffy did an outstanding job on the story and characters. Can’t wait to read more from this author. I highly recommend reading.

Lisa
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ibbb-year-3
This is a wonderfully put together murder mystery. The author does a good job of laying the false and true tale at the same time. They characters were interesting, likable and unlikable at the same time. The story flowed fairly well. It kept me wanting to know more so i read this fairly quickly.

This had to be tough on Ellie. Moving to a new place, learning their customs and not really having the support of her main squeeze. I agreed with many of her actions but I would not put up with the ruden
Erica Fish
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is nothing like reading a book and while you are reading all of the hair on your neck is standing on end the entire time. C.S. Duffy’s Behind Blue Eyes is just that, a supreme psychological thriller. The story had me turning the pages so fast because I could not wait to see what was coming next. I went on so many twists and turns that I needed to anchor myself because I did not want to miss what was coming up on the next twist. The story is about Ellie who left London to follow the man of ...more
Teagan C.
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, kindle
3.8/5

As far as murder mysteries go, Behind Blue Eyes is a reasonably unique entry to the genre.

Read my full review here.
Bridget
This is the first book I've read by C.S. Duffy and what a read it was!

"Behind Blue Eyes" is the first in the 'Stockholm Murders' series, and it had a soupçon of Scandi noir to it. Utterly compelling, intriguing and mysterious, I was hooked from the very beginning.

The story centres on Ellie James, an investigative reporter from London, who moves to Sweden after an intense, whirlwind romance with her true love, Johan. The author, C. S. Duffy's descriptions of Stockholm were beautifully written and
Michelle Austin
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Behind Blue Eyes was a good 4 star read and book one in the Stockholm Murders series. Once I started I was pulled right in.

Ellie has an interesting job, she is an investigative reporter. She decides to move to Sweden with her boyfriend, leaving everything behind.

While at a barbeque she decides to go for a walk on the beach. This is where things take a twist and she comes across a body. Ellie’s boyfriend acted a little mysterious about the body, was he involved? If not, does he know who was? Wi
Robin Rankin
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Behind Blue Eyes by CS Duffy is the first book in the Stockholm Murders series. I love a good mystery every now and again to change things up and I'm glad this was the one I picked. There were twists and turns and it kept me guessing until the very end.

Ellie's new life in Sweden ends up being so much more than she could have ever anticipated. She expected to get settled with her boyfriend Johan, meet people, find friends and get a job. That wasn't exactly what happened. She discovers a bunch of
Billie
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The perfect man.
The perfect life.
The only problem is the dead body on the beach.
Except Johan.
The love of her life.
Who she is beginning to suspect knows a lot more about the body than he is admitting.
Is he t
Jeanne Richardson
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 1st book I've read written by CS Duffy; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

Katie
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Behind Blue Eyes
By C.S Duffy
4 stars

I love finding a new author’s books to love and I think I have definitely found that with C.S. Duffy! I wasn’t sure what to expect with Behind Blue Eyes, it’s not my usual kind of read but there was just something about the blurb that made me want to pick it up and I am so glad that I did! I found the story and the characters really captivating and I really enjoyed reading a story set in completely different country to what I have read previously. The pace and
« previous 1 3 next »

• Smoke & Mirrors (Nite Fire #3)
  • Wayward (Billionaire Bodyguards Book 1)
  • The Good Neighbors
  • The Matchmaker's Match (Man's Best Friend, #3)
  • Too Hot to Handle (The Catch, #3)
  • Cult (Feisty Lawyers , #3)
  • Auburn Ride (The Delarosa Series Book 1)
  • The Last Dance
  • Rebel Jewel (The Jewel Chronicles, #3)
  • Discovery
  • Shameless (The Orphan Train Saga Book 2)
  • The Dreamer's Vengeance
  • Elemental Fae Academy: Book One (Elemental Fae Academy, #1)
  • Jumping the Shark (Paranormal Talent Agency, #5)
  • Elemental Fae Academy: Book Two (Elemental Fae Academy #2)
  • An Unexpected Sequel (Paranormal Talent Agency Book 4)
  • Who Did You Tell?
  • Devil's Due (Satan's Devils MC: Colorado Chapter #3)
C.S. Duffy writes psychological suspense thrillers with a healthy dose of black humour.

Her background is in film and TV. She has several projects in development in Sweden and the UK, and her thriller feature Guilty will be shot in April 2018 in Canada. She is the author of Life is Swede, a psychological thriller that was originally written as a blog - leading several readers to contact Swedish ne

News & Interviews