Start by marking “Undone (Start Up in the City, #3)” as Want to Read:
Undone (Start Up in the City, #3)

Undone

(Start Up in the City #3)

The only vow she’s ever been prepared to make is not to say “I do”

Running a major tech company without breaking a sweat? No problem. But being bridesmaid at her best friend’s wedding is giving Jess Cohen a bad case of the jitters. Maybe that’s because she’ll have to face the groom’s brother, Jake—the man she’s been avoiding for the last two years. Jake, who Jess dumped
Published February 25th 2020 by HQN

To ask other readers questions about Undone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undone

Start your review of Undone (Start Up in the City, #3)
Shelby
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Jess is so excited to be the bridesmaid in her best friend’s vow renewal ceremony, where she’s re-marrying Jess’s business partner. The only problem? The best man is the groom’s brother, Jake, who Jess secretly dated behind their friends’ backs. And their breakup was a little messy to say the least.

Jake was heartbroken when he was ready to take their relationship to the next level and Jess instead broke up with him. He moved across the country to California to work at Stanford as a doctor. But
Jen
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will read anything that Kelly Rimmer puts out! I’m not usually a romance book reader but I jumped at the chance to read this romance trilogy. I enjoyed book 3, as I was wholly invested in the characters by this point. This was a sweet and perfect ending to this trilogy! I’m glad I stepped out of my genre comfort zone to try something new because these books were fun and put a smile on my face. Thank you to the publisher for the advance reader in exchange for my honest review.
b.andherbooks
This is going to be a fairly spoiler-y review. That said I think it is important to read the CWs for this one because I was not prepared for what stood in store for my reading experience based on the cover and blurb.

CW: (view spoiler)

You ever start reading a book and immediately go oh f*ck this is
Heather andrews
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jake is just so charming, “Jessica. Clara is a dog. She’s—” He groans and reaches for his phone. “She’s a dog. An actual dog. That’s her species, not an insult. Now can you put some clothes on and stop acting like a crazy jealous person so I can apologize for being an a***ole back there?” Oh the thoughts this woman gets when her man is thoughtful, "oh, I am going to give that man the blowjob of his life tonight." I liked this book, I loved Jake.
Kera (featherboundbooks)
Ashley *Booksbrewsandbarks*
I loved this book so much more than I ever expected! Thank you, Kelly Rimmer, for creating such a strong, independent female who owns her flaws but does not see the lack of children in her life as making her incomplete or less of a person or woman. The character of Jess is unfolded to the reader beautifully, later by layer, no matter how painful those layers are to face. At the same time, those layers are revealed to Jake, who is someone every man should take a lesson from in regards to how he ...more
Ashley *Booksbrewsandbarks*
Pelusa Rivera
Jan 30, 2020 rated it liked it
I think I may have liked this book the best, we had met Jess from the very beginning and after reading the last book, we wanted to know what happened with Jake and boy did we. I have to admit that sometimes Jess annoyed me however we got to see why. Jake is wonderful and I liked him as a bookboyfriend an then some..We went thru some emotions with this book, sadness, happiness and laughter...Good bye my friends until Kelly writes a new series..

Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author...(netgalley)
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Undone is the third book in the Start Up in the City series, but the only one I have read/listened to. I had no problems following the story, but having said that, I will have spoilers when I go back and read the first two. Jess Cohen is the main character in the story. She is preparing to stand up for her best friend Izzy (Isabel) at her second wedding to one of Jess's partners Paul. The problem is that Jess has to face Paul's brother Jake, the man she is still in love with.

This is Jess and
LJT
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
UNDONE by Kelly Rimmer is a well-conceived novel with an amazing heroine.

As the CEO of a successful technology company, Jess Cohen can command a boardroom with the best of them. However, her personal life is a different story. Although she has an awesome group of supportive friends, she has never shared her tragic past with any of them. Jess has become an expert at dodging her former life. She protects her heart and soul by never seeking out a romantic relationship. However, one man has the
Pbkreader
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jake and Jess have had a non-relationship for a few years. First the hated each other, then they had a secret sexual relationship and then Jess broke it off. Now with Jake's brother, who is also Jess's business partner getting married they are thrown back together.
Jake is seriously the kindest most patient man I've ever met in or outside of a book! Will his patience pay off?
Kelly Rimmer creates wonderfully full characters , complete with history and a compliment of friends we want to get to
Laurel
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to NetGalley for the opportunity to read this ARC in exchange for an independent review.
I love Kelly Rimmer’s books and therefore eagerly anticipated reading this one, which is the third in a series with the same characters. Where each ones focuses on a different couple's relationship. Each can be read as a standalone.
Reading one of this author’s novel is like listening to your friends chat about their lives and loves. It’s easy, emotional and so real.
This was a beautiful love story
Ashley
Jan 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Although I found the heroine of this story a tad bit insufferable at times, the heartwarming parts of the story were able to outweigh my frustrations. Undone is a very cute book about love, friendship, boundaries, and vulnerability, and I'm definitely looking forward to reading the others in the series. It's entirely character-driven, but if you're okay with a book that's light on plot and heavy on feelings, this is the romance for you.

Thank you to Netgalley and Harlequin for an ARC of this book
Cristie Underwood
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is typical Kelly Rimmer, extremely well-developed characters and plot. This is the third book in the Start Up in the City trilogy. Jess is a woman that doesn't need a man or children to define her, but she is jittery about being a bridesmaid in her friend's wedding and seeing her former lover. Such an ordinary premise could fall flat with another author, but Kelly Rimmer has a gift for taking the ordinary and making it extraordinary. I highly recommend this one.
Jessi
Jess Cohen and Jake Winton were involved for four months two years ago. Then he got serious and she freaked out. He ended up moving to the West Coast. There was a good job offer in oncology at Stanford but he was also slinking away to nurse his wounds. Now Jake's brother (who is one of Jess's best friends and business partners) is getting married so Jake and Jess are seeing each other again. It does not go well, not least because Jess insisted on keeping their relationship secret so no one knows ...more
Natalie

• Then You Happened
  • Feisty (Do-Over, #3)
  • Perky (Do-Over, #2)
  • Fluffy (Do-Over, #1)
  • Little Miss Perfect (Do-Over, #0.5)
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • The Need
  • Come Back for Me (Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • Christmas After All: The Great Depression Diary of Minnie Swift, Indianapolis, Indiana, 1932 (Dear America)
  • An Island Christmas
  • Seven Days of Us
  • Holidays on Ice
  • The Great Ex-Scape
  • The Story of Arthur Truluv (Mason, #1)
  • Headliners (London Celebrities, #5)
  • After the Rain (Destination Love, #4)
Kelly Rimmer is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestselling author of ten novels, including The Secret Daughter and The Things We Cannot Say. She’s sold more than one million books, and her novels have been translated into more than 20 languages. Kelly lives in the Central West of New South Wales with her family and fantastically naughty dogs, Sully and Basil.

Start Up in the City (3 books)
  • Unexpected (Start Up in the City, #1)
  • Unspoken (Start Up in the City, #2)