Start by marking “Undone (Start Up in the City, #3)” as Want to Read:
Undone (Start Up in the City, #3)

Undone

(Start Up in the City #3)

The only vow shes ever been prepared to make is not to say I do

Running a major tech company without breaking a sweat? No problem. But being bridesmaid at her best friends wedding is giving Jess Cohen a bad case of the jitters. Maybe thats because shell have to face the grooms brother, Jakethe man shes been avoiding for the last two years. Jake, who Jess dumped mercilessly,
Published February 25th 2020 by HQN

To ask other readers questions about Undone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undone

Start your review of Undone (Start Up in the City, #3)
Zoe
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Engaging, emotive, and rewarding!

Undone is a heartwarming, second-chance romance that brings together the sweet, kindhearted Jake whos still hopelessly in love with the one woman who doesnt seem to want him back, and the independent, stubborn Jess who may finally have found the one man to help her overcome all the hurt and baggage from her past.

The writing is smooth and tender. The characters are dependable, loyal, and multifaceted. And the plot is a passionate, touching tale filled with
Shelby
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Jess is so excited to be the bridesmaid in her best friends vow renewal ceremony, where shes re-marrying Jesss business partner. The only problem? The best man is the grooms brother, Jake, who Jess secretly dated behind their friends backs. And their breakup was a little messy to say the least.

Jake was heartbroken when he was ready to take their relationship to the next level and Jess instead broke up with him. He moved across the country to California to work at Stanford as a doctor. But being
Jamie beauty_andthebook_
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There has yet to be a Kelly Rimmer book I have read and have not given 5 stars to and Undone is no exception! I've read all the books in this series so far (they all can be read as standalones but are all worth the read) and I have to say, Jessica and Jake are my favorite couple. This book is filled with so much heart and all the feels as well as some steam - making it the perfect romance to escape with right now!

Thank you to HQN for an advanced copy. All opinions are my own.
Jen
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will read anything that Kelly Rimmer puts out! Im not usually a romance book reader but I jumped at the chance to read this romance trilogy. I enjoyed book 3, as I was wholly invested in the characters by this point. This was a sweet and perfect ending to this trilogy! Im glad I stepped out of my genre comfort zone to try something new because these books were fun and put a smile on my face. Thank you to the publisher for the advance reader in exchange for my honest review. ...more
b.andherbooks
This is going to be a fairly spoiler-y review. That said I think it is important to read the CWs for this one because I was not prepared for what stood in store for my reading experience based on the cover and blurb.

CW: (view spoiler)

You ever start reading a book and immediately go oh f*ck this is
Heather andrews
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jake is just so charming, Jessica. Clara is a dog. Shes He groans and reaches for his phone. Shes a dog. An actual dog. Thats her species, not an insult. Now can you put some clothes on and stop acting like a crazy jealous person so I can apologize for being an a***ole back there? Oh the thoughts this woman gets when her man is thoughtful, "oh, I am going to give that man the blowjob of his life tonight." I liked this book, I loved Jake. ...more
Blodeuedd Finland
This book suffered a bit cos of Corona, I mean who could stay of the net while trying to listen? I know I know, my bad!

I couldn't really get behind Jess, sure late in the book we do learn why she doesn't want something steady. And yes I get it, but you know, if you actually talk about it then maybe things can work out.

Jake is a sweetie. Omg, why did he keep trying? I would have moved on.

Commitment phobic with issues from the past meets dreamguy, smexy times, hearts broken. Second chance and last
Ashley *Booksbrewsandbarks*
I loved this book so much more than I ever expected! Thank you, Kelly Rimmer, for creating such a strong, independent female who owns her flaws but does not see the lack of children in her life as making her incomplete or less of a person or woman. The character of Jess is unfolded to the reader beautifully, later by layer, no matter how painful those layers are to face. At the same time, those layers are revealed to Jake, who is someone every man should take a lesson from in regards to how he ...more
Kera (featherboundbooks)
Samantha (WLABB)
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was so difficult understanding why Jess would let a man like Jake go, but don't worry, because once Rimmer let me in on the full story, I did understand her choices a lot more. What happened to Jess was heartbreaking, but I never stopped believing that she and Jake belonged together. My eyes got watery every time Jake reflected on how much he loved Jess, and he really was a wonderful unicorn man. An utterly sweet and heartwarming second chance romance!

Now, I am curious if there will be a
Jacqueline
Stunning

This book was really phenomenal. I was surprised when I got to the end and nary a steamy scene in sight! But honestly the writing was just so damn good I wasnt mad! Well, I wasnt *that* mad.

I honestly dont think Ive ever read a story like this one. Jake and Jess were so real & well crafted, and reading their story was just heartrending, and then so undeniably satisfying!! I was particularly drawn to Jesss character- I feel like Ive known a number of women like Jess, but this feels
Shirley Ririhena
It was okay, I adore their friendship, the six of them and i like both main characters they deserved respect. Story wise it's good and solid, i really like Jess background how she strive and become who she is now because of what happened to her. But that's it, I like it but doesn't impressed me either, though i would read Mitch's story if the author decided to write it.
Cardyn Brooks
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jess and Jake's love story about grown-ups who stumble across the tripwires of each other's past traumas offers nuanced portrayals of how much effort recovery and real love require. Compassion, compromise, trust, and vulnerability combined with humor make Undone a compelling read. Themes from To Kid or Not to Kid and variations on domestic abuse and violence resonate too.
Shruti
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The only reason this isnt 5 stars is because while Jess is completely valid and incredibly amazing, both her and Jake had some eye narrowing moments - that while very human and realistic - made me more irritated than I wanted to be. ...more
Megan
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was like a really bad teen romance. It was easy to read, but felt like it was an episode of Gossip Girl.
Ashley *Booksbrewsandbarks*
Pelusa Rivera
Jan 30, 2020 rated it liked it
I think I may have liked this book the best, we had met Jess from the very beginning and after reading the last book, we wanted to know what happened with Jake and boy did we. I have to admit that sometimes Jess annoyed me however we got to see why. Jake is wonderful and I liked him as a bookboyfriend an then some..We went thru some emotions with this book, sadness, happiness and laughter...Good bye my friends until Kelly writes a new series..

Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author...(netgalley)
Jilianne
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Looove this book. I love the characters in this series so much. This one is another second chance romance and I am living for it. It was fun seeing Jake and Jess together, especially during their little dates. The angst in this book was great. Also, I'm really hoping that Mitch gets his own book. There is gonna be a 4th book, right? I hope it'll be his book.

ok. spoilers ahead

do not read

(view spoiler)
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Undone is the third book in the Start Up in the City series, but the only one I have read/listened to. I had no problems following the story, but having said that, I will have spoilers when I go back and read the first two. Jess Cohen is the main character in the story. She is preparing to stand up for her best friend Izzy (Isabel) at her second wedding to one of Jess's partners Paul. The problem is that Jess has to face Paul's brother Jake, the man she is still in love with.

This is Jess and
LJT
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
UNDONE by Kelly Rimmer is a well-conceived novel with an amazing heroine.

As the CEO of a successful technology company, Jess Cohen can command a boardroom with the best of them. However, her personal life is a different story. Although she has an awesome group of supportive friends, she has never shared her tragic past with any of them. Jess has become an expert at dodging her former life. She protects her heart and soul by never seeking out a romantic relationship. However, one man has the
Clare Perry
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kate Vale
Another in the Startup in the City series, in which CEO Jessica Cohen not only doesn't want to be part of her best friend's wedding, but also doesn't want to have to deal with the groom's brother, one gorgeous Jake Winton, the man she's been trying to dig out of her heart for years. He knows that, but can't seem to stop loving her, even though he knows she can't tolerate the thought of any kind of commitment, even to him.

When the wedding goes off with a hit, she's not out of the woods, though,
Kate (kate_reads_)
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved Undone so much! This is the third book in the series - but you could start here.

Jess is a really great heroine - shes an independent successful CEO who also has realistic flaws and history that she chooses to keep to herself. Shes fiercely loyal to her friends/chosen family - even while building up some walls around herself. When asked to be a bridesmaid in her good friends wedding - of course shes there. Even though it means seeing Jake again. Jake - the guy she broke up with suddenly 2
Becky Baldridge
Mar 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Undone was a hard one to get through for a variety of reasons. First, it's a slow burn - a very slow burn, which isn't a favorite trope for me. But the biggest thing that made it so hard to get through is the sheer amount of angst in the book. Don't get me wrong, this isn't the normal type of second chance romance angst. Nope, this is stuff that hits you right in the gut and tears your heart out, fiction or not. I won't give spoilers, so I'll just say to be cautious because this one could be too ...more
Loves
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an early review copy from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review and all thoughts are freely given and unbiased.

I hadn't read the previous books in the series but that didn't impact my enjoyment of the book and it can easily be read as a standalone.
You meet the characters from the previous books early on in the story and their interactions together are very humorous and heart warming and it sets the scene for Jess and Jake's storyline. Jess is the bridesmaid and Jake is the
Lynne
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pbkreader
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jake and Jess have had a non-relationship for a few years. First the hated each other, then they had a secret sexual relationship and then Jess broke it off. Now with Jake's brother, who is also Jess's business partner getting married they are thrown back together.
Jake is seriously the kindest most patient man I've ever met in or outside of a book! Will his patience pay off?
Kelly Rimmer creates wonderfully full characters , complete with history and a compliment of friends we want to get to
Laurel
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to NetGalley for the opportunity to read this ARC in exchange for an independent review.
I love Kelly Rimmers books and therefore eagerly anticipated reading this one, which is the third in a series with the same characters. Where each ones focuses on a different couple's relationship. Each can be read as a standalone.
Reading one of this authors novel is like listening to your friends chat about their lives and loves. Its easy, emotional and so real.
This was a beautiful love story
Ashley
Jan 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Although I found the heroine of this story a tad bit insufferable at times, the heartwarming parts of the story were able to outweigh my frustrations. Undone is a very cute book about love, friendship, boundaries, and vulnerability, and I'm definitely looking forward to reading the others in the series. It's entirely character-driven, but if you're okay with a book that's light on plot and heavy on feelings, this is the romance for you.

Thank you to Netgalley and Harlequin for an ARC of this book
Michelle
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: x-netgalley
Another great story by Kelly Rimmer!
I read the first book in this series and instantly loved Jess. She's fierce, independent, loves her friends hard and takes no crap.
This is her story and what a story it is. You learn why she is so independent and strong. Her past. *sigh* She keeps so much hidden from everyone, including her closest friends.
Jake is such a loving character. I adored him. He stuck to his heart and worked under all of Jess's layers to understand her.
My only issue with this story

• Whiteout (Survival Instincts, #1)
  • The Need
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • Christmas After All: The Great Depression Diary of Minnie Swift, Indianapolis, Indiana, 1932 (Dear America)
  • An Island Christmas
  • Seven Days of Us
  • Holidays on Ice
  • The Story of Arthur Truluv (Mason, #1)
  • Big Lies in a Small Town
  • The Flowers of Vashnoi (Vorkosigan Saga, #14.1)
  • Almost a Bride (Destination Love, #2)
  • The Ex Effect (Washington Wolves, #2)
  • The Wives
  • The Only Plane in the Sky: An Oral History of 9/11
  • The Path Made Clear: Discovering Your Life's Direction and Purpose
  • Vampires Like It Hot (Argeneau, #28)
  • Miracle on 5th Avenue (From Manhattan with Love, #3)
  • Jinxed (Jinxed, #1)
Kelly Rimmer is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestselling author of ten novels, including The Secret Daughter and The Things We Cannot Say. Shes sold more than one million books, and her novels have been translated into more than 20 languages. Kelly lives in the Central West of New South Wales with her family and fantastically naughty dogs, Sully and Basil.

Start Up in the City (3 books)
  • Unexpected (Start Up in the City, #1)
  • Unspoken (Start Up in the City, #2)