Start by marking “XV (War of Roses, #1)” as Want to Read:
XV (War of Roses, #1)

XV

(War of Roses #1)

WHEN HATE BECOMES OBSESSION…

Published May 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about XV, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about XV

Start your review of XV (War of Roses, #1)
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description
description I read this author's THE SAVAGE FALL duet, and although I wasn't a fan of how she wrapped that duet up I still felt she had some fantastic writing chops. When I read the synopsis for this one I thought it would be right up my alley. Plus, I figured I would be more prepared for the level of darkness this author likes to impart after tackling the above mentioned duet. (lol)

description

And indeed this one isn't for the faint of heart, that is for sure. The writing was excellent. The pace perfect. The plot i
Silver
Jun 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
WTF did I just read? This book was pretty up there in confusing Bullsh*t as Amo Jone’s Silver Swan series. Nothing makes sense. It’s this constant cycle of rape -> being punched unconscious so the book has a scene change -> suicidal ideation/threat of murder -> some itty bitty snippet of the main character’s real identity -> repeat. This main character is suffering from “too stupid to live” syndrome and Mischa is bananas. No I do not find this to be romantic at all. ...more
*Lisa*
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mind-f-ck, dark, 2-stars, wtf
Not what I was expecting at all. I don’t know how I feel about it.
Beyond The Covers Blog
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: carrie
XV is about revenge but what happens when the wrong girl is taken?

Ellen has been taken by a Mafia man set on revenge he thinks that she is her sister but when he finds out she's not who he thought she was what will happen? Will he kill her? Will he keep her and try and get information out of her to use against her family or will he fall in love with her and keep her?

All in all it was a good book but I was just hoping for a little bit more suspense!
Marianne Post
May 17, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Little one? GAG.
Katie Bug
XV: Fifteen War of Roses Book 1 by Lana Sky

Ellen Winthrop has always grown up in the background in her home. Her sister Briar preferred the attention and material things. As sisters, Ellen is pretty, but Briar has always been considered beautiful.

Mischa Stepanov has been locked in a mafia blood feud with the Winthrop family for years. Each side taking a victim and now its his turn and he will mark them as XV.

When Ellen was a child a boy with a knife broke into her room but instead of hurting he
Treasa
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
PHENOMENAL!👍👍👍👍👍
HOLY HELLL! Just BREATHE!!!!!
My heart was hammering with adrenaline just reading the prologue, I hadn't even made it to the beginning of Chapter 1 and was already hooked needing more.
Don't think. Don't move. Just Breathe!
I can't think. I can't move. I'm wound so tight I'm not sure I can breath, but I refuse to stop digesting the vile impacting words at a greedy pace as I'm pulled into the darkness. Just shove me into my coffin and throw in the rest of series or my soul will neve
Abby
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Jewel
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this dark romance. Didn't expect it to be so controversial, to be honest. Nor did I expect it to be so well written.

I loved the dynamic between the hero and heroine. Both of them are so broken and full of pain. It's interesting to see their insane connection, especially because neither of them know anything about tenderness or love. They both just ignore their emotions, focusing on survival and revenge above all else.

This is a very slow burn romance. The hero is too brutal and
Jennifer Hinson
"Every man has a story to explain away the demons that eventually consume him. I’ve learned the history of one. I’m not keen to learn another."

I bought this book a little while back, always skipping it in favor of standalones or the newest hyped up release. Needing a book I could switch between Audible and Kindle formats, I figured it was as good of time as any to dive into this story....one I knew would be dark and depraved, I was so incredibly right.

"I don’t crave him how a woman should w
Becky Ballenger
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was AHHHHMAZING!!!! So phenomenally written!!!!! Lana Sky had me on the edge of my seat, turning pages like a mad woman!!!! Five HUGE STARS for Lana Sky
LauraAnn
Nov 07, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I’m sorry but to me this book was terrible. Like I don’t even understand at all. Where the hell is the story other than the man dude is a sadistic rapist? This is not a love story or a romance book. From the blurb about the book this was not what I was expecting at all. People need to be warned for triggering purposes. I skipped through all the abuse and sexual assault and that left me about nothing to read. There is barely a story here.
KittyLuvr
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome, excellent, intensely devastating & harrowing emotional plunge into hearts & minds so deeply & thoroughly scarred, it seems that scars are the only thing remaining.
Make no mistake, this is an extremely dark & riveting story & the 2 main characters, Ellen (h) & Mischa (anti-H) are tortured, tormented & SCARRED mentally & physically beyond imagination. Ellen preserves her sanity through mental escape & detachment, while the other barely hangs on to his through brutal revenge & d
Jennifer / JG's Reads
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2019
Initially, I was undecided on what rating to give this book. It is well written and is an interesting, intense, mafia, dark romance story. Although, I wouldn't necessarily call this book a romance because there aren't really any "romantic" feelings between the 2 MCs (Mischa and Ellen). Which is one of the factors that contributed to my indecision on my rating. This is the first book of a 3 book series, so I know that there is going to be a lot more to the story that will develop over the course ...more
WendyW ~ Girls Just Wanna Have Books
𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒑𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒆-𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒖𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒆

If you’re looking for a traditional mafia book, this is not it. Although there are elements of a mafiya, it is more of a backdrop in this story. I find this story to read more like a dark romance. It is 𝒕𝒉𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒍𝒚 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌 and 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒍𝒚 𝒃𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒂𝒍, these are the types of things in a story that my little black heart rejoices amongst.

The thing that I admire and appreciate about Lana Sky is that she has an aptitude to cultivate a story that is alluring and she wri
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description

I am not even sure where to begin. There was some messed up stuff happening in this book. If you are looking for a romance, stop, this is not it. If you are looking for sunshine and roses, this is not it, so move on. If you are looking for something, that hours later you still can't wrap your head around what just went down, then yeah this is that type of book.

I like dark and diabolical, I like books that make me question my own morals so I was excited to dive into this one. I can say, I was not
Tiffany
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
XV: Fifteen left me absolutely breathless. It was a dark and brutal story with scenes of unthinkable violence. It was so well written, with many secrets and twists, I couldn't put it down. It does end in one heck of a cliffhanger and has me anxiously waiting for book two.

Ellen was the ultimate underdog, she had been all her life. From a young age she was hidden away, a dirty little secret, and never measured up to her half-sister. Then she became the wife of an abuser, someone who only wanted ca
Kim BookJunkie ~ Editor & Proofreader

**Review of the audiobook**

STORY
I’ve listened to over 600 audiobooks and I’ve never had the problem I had with this one, struggling to follow the storyline. Sure, I always zone out when listening to an audiobook at some point, but I always catch on again after a quick rewind. However, no matter how many times I rewound this book, I always seemed to be confused about something. 50% in, I still didn’t know which character was the villain! I also kept feeling like there were gaps in the st
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
SALE
→ On sale for maybe a limited time. Grab your copy now! ←

abuse

→ Submit or subscribe to The DARK Newsletter! ←

Blurb:
WHEN HATE BECOMES OBSESSION…
Mistaken for her beautiful half-sister, Ellen Winthorp is taken captive by a madman who declares that she will be his "fifteen": the fifteenth victim of a vicious mafia blood feud. Armed with only her instincts, Ellen must resist her captor for as long as she can—which is easier said than done the more she's exposed to the complex man beneath the beast.

Because
Ga Books LoverX
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book, just wow, so dark and so perfect. If you are questioning you should read this book, let me help you with that--- do it! Lana Sky is a queen in the dark romance series that sometimes jumbles lines and I freaking love it.

Ellen grew up with her half sister Briar but lead a completely different life. The two girls looked similar to each other and Ellen ends up being kidnapped when her captors thought she was Briar. During this time she is not treated well and geez this woman is freaking u
Shaley- Pretty Little Book Blog
XV absolutely CONSUMED me. Lana Sky has me captivated from the first chapter. She dragged me into a world that was so dark and mysterious. So many secrets. So many unknowns. I couldn’t put this book down.

Lana Sky is a goddess of darkness. Her characters are brutal, gruesome, mysterious, and dark. I was stripped bare while reading. Mischa is so mysterious. I wanted, no, I NEEDED to know more. I NEEDED to know what happened next. There are still so many unanswered questions that left me wanting.

Th
lives238
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
FUCKING BLOODY HELL!!!
WHY THE FUCK DIDNT I START THIS SOONER!!!
*calms down a bit*
Fucking bitch!!! Like I am just and just in love with this series!!!
I was excited to start Lana Sky’s books and this is the first book I read written by her and like I am literally in love with her writing!!!❤️
This book has such amazing twists and turns!!! The characters are amazing!!! Although in this the main characters acted as complete idiots but I understand why they did that.
Mishca and Ellen or shall I say Ros
Shelli
This was a really good, fast paced read! Once you start it, you won't want to put it down til the end. Ellen is such a sad, abused character. She's had to go through so much in this life! Mischa is SO dark and disturbed, so messed up... but there is a reason for his madness! Keep reading and you'll understand. The ending just blew me away, left me sitting here in shock and saying what just happened?? I can't walt for book 2! If you love dark romance, you'll want to read this one!
Reyne Clark
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have decided Lana Sky is one of my very favorite dark romance writers and this book is one of the reasons why. It is definitely dark, but it is also gritty and edgy and complex and multi layered. It is riveting and emotional and dramatic and leaves you wanting more. I loved everything about this book and can't wait to see where things go in the next one. If Dark Romance is your thing, if complex characters are what keep you reading, then this will entertain you immensely. 5 Stars!
Sonya
This was the best ever! I loved every dark, intense moment! This is a must read folks! On to book two!!!!
🅙𝔲𝔩𝔷
Beneath The Covers Blog
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sonal, 2020-reads
Full review can be found HERE --> https://beneaththecoversblog.com/2020...

~Sonal
Kelly
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved-it, 6-stars
Ellen is a pawn in a vicious game between Robert and now Mischa. She is accustomed to the torment and cruelty of Robert, has grown to expect and crave his darkness. But now, she is captured by someone else, a different darkness, the rules have changed.
This story was so compelling and interesting, it kept my focus and now I am wanting more of this story!
Katie Bug
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
XV: Fifteen War of Roses Book 1 by Lana Sky

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Rules of Bennett (Rules of Bennett, #0.5)
  • You Will Bow
  • You Will Break (Rules of Bennett Book 2)
  • Unholy Union
  • The Fall of Sin
  • Beauty in the Broken
  • Diamonds in the Dust (Diamonds are Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • Ruthless Prince (Ruthless Rulers #1)
  • The Sins of Saint: A Dark Romance Novel
  • Covetous
  • Unorthodox (Sick Love #1)
  • Sinful Palace (Ruthless Rulers #2)
  • The Rise of Saint
  • Diamonds in the Rough (Diamonds are Forever Trilogy, #2)
  • Devil's Bargain
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • The Bloody Bride (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #1)
I am a quirky writer from the US who dabbles in dark, paranormal and contemporary romance. My stories aren't always typical, but contain a little something for everyone.

War of Roses (4 books)
  • VII: Seven (War of Roses #2)
  • I (One) (War of Roses Book 3)
  • The Complete War of Roses Trilogy