Start by marking “Mexico, a Love Story: Women Write about the Mexican Experience” as Want to Read:
Mexico, a Love Story: Women Write about the Mexican Experience

Mexico, a Love Story: Women Write about the Mexican Experience

Mexico has long cast a spell over its neighbor — and alter ego — to the north. Americans share its history, exalt its food, and honor its artistic luminaries. They cross the border in droves, heading to warm waters, busy city centers, open-air mercados, language classrooms, cousins’ living rooms, and majestic temples. Mexico inspires passion and adventure — and love. In th ...more
Published May 4th 2006 by Seal Press (CA) (first published April 13th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Mexico, a Love Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mexico, a Love Story

Jeanette  "Astute Crabbist"
This is a collection of twenty-two stories written by women about their experiences in Mexico. Each piece is about 10 or 15 pages long, so this is a nice book to have around and just read one or two when you have a little time or can't sleep at night.
The chief strength of this collection is the variety of experiences represented. These aren't all romantic gushy travel stories about vacations in Mexico. One woman spent a year teaching in a prison, another went as a volunteer and lived on an old b
Cindy
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was a delight for me. Having traveled to Mexico for the first time last May, I loved reading about the travel experiences other women have had in Mexico. Many of these short stories brought back to me images and feelings of my 9 days in Mexico. There were many wonderful reminders of the richness, warmth and diversity of Mexican culture.Very enjoyable collection of stories.
Shannon
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great collection of short stories about women's experiences in Mexico. Great insight into Mexican culture, traditions, and geography. I read this before and while travelling in Mexico and found that it really illuminated the cultural landscape of the country and helped me embrace the idiosyncrasies of the country.
Dina
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I borrowed this book while staying at Casa Holly in San Miguel de Allende. It is a lovely collection of short stories written by women and their experiences living and traveling in Mexico. All the stories were wonderfully written, some funny, sad & even profane. Some reminded me of my own adventures traveling in Mexico. I loved this book so much I found a copy in the San Miguel bookstore as a gift for my traveling companion, Barbara.
Nancy Leigh
A lovely collection of love stories that occur in Mexico. This book is a great read while traveling in Mexico or preparing to go.
Laureen Vonnegut
Mar 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
enjoyed reading most of the stories. even recognized one of the men in the puerto escondido story.
Anne
Nov 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Some great stories, some poor ones. Skip the ones you don't like. Gives a tiny taste of Mexico and made me want to visit. Could have used a more ruthless editor.
heartful
Jan 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
Read while travelling through Mexico, loved it.
Kathy
Arja Salafranca
Jun 05, 2017
Bernie Smith
May 09, 2011
Camille Cusumano is the author of Tango, an Argentine Love Story, a memoir of a woman who loved, lost, got mad, and decided to dance. She was an editor at VIA Magazine, the West’s award-winning travel publication, for 17 years. Her work has appeared in publications such as National Geographic Traveler, Islands, Country Living, the San Francisco Chronicle, North American Review, Los Angeles Times, ...more