Start by marking “The Legend of Griff” as Want to Read:
The Legend of Griff

The Legend of Griff

When a noble, orphaned farm boy discovers a magic sword in the woods one morning, he is forced by circumstance to embark upon a quest to liberate a kingdom, defeat a tyrannical king, and restore a princess to her rightful throne. You know… that old chestnut…

Unfortunately, things go horribly awry when shortly after beginning his journey, a terrible accident befalls our her
Published December 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Legend of Griff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Legend of Griff

Dana Ilie
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
***** Book provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. *****
First I have to say that the message I receive from the author sold the book. This is how to approach a potential reviewer.
What I like most was the humor and the fantasy tropes twisted and turned…..
The hero from the village, is the Chosen One, he’s receiving a magical sword, and from there is something else. I don’t like spoilers so I tell you that this made the story more refreshing.

The writing is very good and for me the
Bradley
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-shelf, fantasy
Competent and amusing, this fantasy turns the traditional fantasy trope on its head in a very familiar way. You know, get that hero-laden orphan, a magical sword of destiny... and kill him.

It's a thing, now. And at the moment, I'm still amused by the trend and would still like to see more of it... until I don't. :)

This particular book crams just a few days into its delightful pages, adding tons of cool and light-hearted plot that mixes in polite goblin hoards, jackass humans, a truly legendary y
Leona  Carstairs
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review, fantasy
Fun concept, great execution.

I'd like to thank the author for granting me a free PDF in exchange for my honest thoughts in the form of a review. Let's do this!

The Legend of Griff is a one of a kind adventure story. It's uniqueness stems from the tropes it subverts and mocks. It uses the Chosen One trope but turns it on its head in a way that really made the story refreshing.

I enjoyed how the story takes the typical "Bad Guys" (aka Goblins, Trolls, etc) and let's us see through the eyes of one
Tiera McMillian
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars for me. So just to start off with the feel of the book I was getting "The Black Cauldron" vibes the entire time. I am not sure why.. maybe the pig farmer thing? The orphan and sword thing? I couldn't shake it throughout the story. I really loved the "spoof" factor in the book. The author seemed to take popular fantasy tropes and basically make fun of them in a very entertaining fantasy story. Instead of the handsome young hero with a tortured past off to save the world with his magic s ...more
Kyle Dougherty
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tbrindr
A short, fun romp with some very on the nose humor. 3.5/5

This is a fun story that follows a few different characters around The Kingdom of Lohr. While most of the POV characters are pretty good I wasn't very engaged in Astrid's chapters.

Overall this book as some very promising moments. While the humor can be hit or miss it definitely adds a feeling of whimsy to the store and makes some of the more standard parts of the story enjoyable.

The only thing that stopped me from enjoying this further was
Celeste
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Although part of the fantasy genre (trolls, goblins, dwarves, etc.), the author put his own little twists and turns that I thoroughly enjoyed throughout the novel (a bit of his own mix, the good kind I'd say). Not only was the story very well written, I appreciated the additional information the author provided in order to give the readers better context of the characters, the environment, and of the past that lead to the characters existence in the story. I also enjoyed and appreciated the hist ...more
Doug
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Funny and flamboyant

This book is reminiscent of some of my favorites. Christopher Moore and Terry Pratchett are clapping somewhere knowing another author is carrying the torch.

Griff is a splendid romp. Quirky and fun with enough twists to keep you reading past bedtime. I enjoyed the characters and plot line and will read the subsequent books. I recommend you do too.
Fiona Andrew
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Prof. Dr. Pablo Schabes
A wonderful piece of literature for all ages! It’s fun it’s humorous and very much in the tradition of fantasy reads. I would recommend it for middle aged children, hahaha! The characters are very well drawn and cannot wait for the sequel. I wish all success to the writer.

Wonderful piece of fiction , very well written with a strong sense of humor and in the tradition of recent works of fiction. I wish all the best to the creator and cannot wait for the continuation of the story... the cover illu
Tala Wakanda