Start by marking “Gnosis” as Want to Read:
Gnosis

Gnosis

Psychics, government conspiracies, and dangerous criminals swirl like a summer storm around 17yo parkour enthusiast Samantha Black.

When a series of crushing headaches lands Sam in the hospital, she wakes to an imaginary voice in her head: Alexander, an adorable ten-year-old who claims to be a telepath. The doctors think Sam’s brain was damaged after a stroke, but they’re
Published May 8th 2019 by Rick Hall

To ask other readers questions about Gnosis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gnosis

Start your review of Gnosis
Milda Page Runner
3.5* rounded up because I had fun
Sci-fi action thriller with psychic powers and secret government agents. Main character is 17 so don't expect wisdom, science, thought through decisions; do expect someone impulsive, self-centered and emotional and lots of running jumping etc that comes with parkour. I had to suspend my disbelief few times but on the whole it was an engaging easy read - exactly what I was looking for.
Evelina | AvalinahsBooks
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who's into fast paced aventure scifi / speculative / urban fantasy
This has honestly been one of the best books I've read all year so far! I've been trying to remember whose blog post I read that prompted me to buy it so I could thank them - but I can't, for the life of me, remember who it was. I guess it was a year ago. But thanks, friend, whoever you were. This book rocked. It was so fresh, I got through it so fast and was incredibly entertained. By the way, I was in a book slump. This book got me out of it!

It's fast paced, it's unexpected, it's quite a wild
Whispering Stories
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book Reviewed on www.whisperingstories.com

Teenager Samantha Black is a parkour enthusiast something that has come in handy since her police officer dad was murdered and no-one seems to be looking into his death.

She has been tracking one of her father’s partner’s squad cars, listening in to conversations to find out if any new information about her father’s murder has come to light, however, she has to stay at close range to the car to listen in.

The police though are after her and one mistake cos
Meredith Rankin
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
I had never read an urban fantasy novel and fantasy is on my thanks-but-no-thanks list. But when Rick Hall told me the premise of Gnosis, it intrigued me. There's mystery and thriller elements. I really enjoyed this book. Here are a few reasons why:

Samantha Black is one heck of a heroine.

She's determined, strong, and hot-headed. She's a parkour enthusiast, which is something like military obstacle training minus the military. (Think jumping from rooftop to rooftop, climbing up or down brick
Blu McCormick
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gnosis could be a TV series. To me, the draw is the characters that stay with you long after you read about them. Not to mention, the compelling science fiction elements that are unpacked in reveal upon reveal. You won’t know what is going on at first but probably won’t care as you’ll be too busy enjoying Sam’s journey as she figures out her next move while constantly dodging her pursuers.

Picture a spunky teen with an arsenal of parkour gymnastic moves, who is vulnerable but not weak, her coura
Tamara
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!! can't wait for the sequel!
Gerry C Hall
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down!

Powerfully written, riveting drama on nearly every page, great character depictions, wonderfully interwoven sub-plots. One of my new favorites!
Wendy Wanner
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wild ride! Urban fantasy goes parkour crazy.

From page one, I’m endeared to rebellious, self-possessed teenager Samantha Black. Her first-person narrative and stellar parkour moves whirl you across the city as she searches for her father’s murderer. For a YA novel, the story is set up with all the right ammo — a lovable, but flawed heroine and a mystery to solve. But it quickly morphs into so much more.

When Sam’s (the shortening of her name says it all!) worsening headaches land her in th
Robin Hall McCrea
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was great. It's very imaginiative and suspenseful. I hope there is a sequel.
Rosie Amber
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gnosis is a young adult urban fantasy novel. Samantha (Sam) Black has run away from her foster home, because she’s frustrated at the lack of police progress in finding her father’s murderer. However, something else is happening to Sam; she’s having severe headaches.

Jumping further into the story, Sam develops a virus called Trella Gondii, which translates into a symbiotic character call Alex who now shares her head and her memories. He can hop into the heads of others, too, but the pair are now
Gerry C Hall
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put this book down! It is powerfully written, has drama on nearly every page, has great character depictions & wonderfully interwoven sub-plots. It keeps you guessing all the way to the end. It has become one of my new favorites! ...more
Matt McAvoy
Apr 29, 2019 rated it liked it
“Gnosis” is generally entertaining and well-written by Rick Hall, even if, for my tastes, there aren’t things about it which particularly stand out. It falls very firmly in the young-adult / sci-fi / fantasy camp and features all the usual formulaic elements of this contemporary cross-genre: the resourceful but unwitting teen heroine, with psychic abilities bordering on superpowers and shady government figures in pursuit, to either kill her or harness her ability. The author himself, to my knowl ...more
E Marek
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book for those that enjoy action, strong female leads, unique paranormal settings, and honestly anyone that enjoys good writing.

I loved this book. The writing style was everything I could have asked for, enough detail to understand the setting and tone of the action without droning on for pages. The action was punctual and surprisingly easy to follow. And the dialogue was engaging and felt like it told me all about the characters without needing to explicitly state their
Mark Schultz
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a phenomenal and original story! I love it! Samantha is so resourceful; I love the parkour action also. Alexander is downright adorable. He wants to help so bad.
Rick has wowed me with his writing! His plotting is magnificent, the scene-setting is excellent. I don’t think he wasted a single word. Everything moves the story forward, as the mysteries are peeled back one at a time. Brace yourself, for there are many twists and turns! First person POV does it for me every time, no head-hopping
Brad
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
A very entertaining book!!
I'm a fan of sci-fi, fantasy, and urban fantasy novels. I don't mind reading YA novels if they are written well. Gnosis certainly delivered on that!!

I love that the book starts literally 30 feet in the air and never looks back. Solid action with a parkour twist. Great fun.

Sam, Alex, Melvin, and even Buddy were lovable characters, each with their own well-developed personalities.

I have recommended this book to my friends and would happily recommend it to anyone looking f
Amy Sage
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't put down my phone and pick up a book as much as I should, so it took me a while to start this after buying it. But once I started, I couldn't put it down! The writing style is clever, easy to follow, and gets you hooked into the story quickly. I've also read and watched plenty of fantasy movies and novels, but this was a wonderfully fresh and unique take on the superhero theme. And of course, I always love a badass female protagonist. <3 ...more
Cynthia Curtin
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I give this book a 5/5 and let me tell you why: the characters were so well written that I miss them and I want to reread the book just to hang out with them some more. The action never stopped and I never grew tired of it. And the story was AWESOME! The voices in my head concur that you should read this book and they also express that they would be pleased to meet with Samantha and Alexander again.
H. M. Mills
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rick Hall's, Gnosis is a wonderfully written and descriptive piece of fiction that's fresh and imaginative and filled with strong well developed characters. Some you'll love and some you'll love to hate. It's fast paced with riveting action, suspense and drama that will leave you breathless. I highly recommend this book.
T. M.  Evenson
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gnosis: A Psychic Urban Fantasy is Great Read!

The author Rick Hall had my attention from the very beginning. I really liked the character San and her familiar. With constant governmental interference, Sam was constantly in danger and on the run.

I heartedly recommend reading this book. It kept my interest (and anxiety up) throughout the whole book from chapter to chapter.
Gretal Elaine
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve never read an urban fantasy book before Gnosis. I truly loved this book! It is such an original concept and the excitement never ended. It kept my interest and I kept picking it up to read “just a little more”. The book was well written. I hope there is a series!
Katherine
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has some of my favorite topics including psychic or psionic abilities. I also loved the fast pacing of the book especially in the beginning and the end.
Misti
Oct 12, 2019
Vincent Easley II
Jul 14, 2019
Katherine
Aug 04, 2019
Joanne Gleich
rated it did not like it
Aug 12, 2020
Jackie Bornstein
Jul 14, 2020

• Leveled
  • Interference
  • The Nephilim Called Hane (Monster Boyfriends #2)
  • River of Harmony (An Insanity #1)
  • What Rose Forgot
  • The Shamer's Daughter (The Shamer Chronicles, #1)
  • The Day That Saved Us
  • はたらく魔王さま! 14 [Hataraku Maou-sama! 14] (The Devil is a Part-Timer Manga, #14)
  • Dream of Darkness (The Rise of the Light, #1)
  • はたらく魔王さま! 16 [Hataraku Maou-sama! 16] (The Devil is a Part-Timer Manga, #16)
  • はたらく魔王さま! 15 [Hataraku Maou-sama! 15] (The Devil is a Part-Timer Manga, #15)
  • Quest for the Keys (LEGO Elves: Chapter Book)
  • The Heir to the North (Malessar's Curse, #1)
  • The Naming (The Books of Pellinor, #1)
  • A Dance with Fate (Warrior Bards, #2)
  • The Harp of Kings (Warrior Bards, #1)
  • Bound by Truth (The Chained Maiden #1)
  • Invisible Born (Dragon Force #1)