Start by marking “God of Manna” as Want to Read:
God of Manna

God of Manna

The hideous God of Manna has taken away the soul of Mortristan's father. Now, it is Mortristan's doom to find what his father never could: something worth living for.
But when Mortristan is forced to hunt an intruder in the God of Manna's paradise-city, he learns just how enslaved he is. As bad as life is with the God of Manna, it's impossible to live without him. Can
Published April 10th 2019 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about God of Manna, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God of Manna

Start your review of God of Manna
Kate Flournoy
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don’t quite know how to say everything I want to say about this book. It’s a fairytale, but it’s so much deeper than the fairytale stereotype. Its outwardly beautiful world is full of dark secrets, and while the characters can be both whimsical and amusing, they resonate with a depth of human sorrow rarely found in ‘actual’ fairytales.
The style is clever and engaging, full of little nuggets of wisdom and humor and a descriptive flair that paints the city of Elysigard and all its people in
Josiah
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I was waiting for the moment in this book when the story would fall into a certain plot type I was expecting it to fold into.

It didn't.

And instead the novella charted its own path in a direction I can only describe as unique and fitting.

As a novel story in the quasi-fairytale/mythological genre, it's rather fascinating and I would need to read it a second time to fully grasp it. What sold me the most on the story, however, was actually it's use of language.

Put simply: the style and word choices
Amy
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was the most extremely unique read. The experimental style and descriptions in this book rank it high on my shelves! Well-written, well-described and beautiful plot. It was a little hard to follow, due to the extreme writing technique, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.
Carrie-Grace
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cool book! (I ended up reading it in one day when I didn't actually intend to. :) I want to look through it again to catch more details, but I loved the author's descriptions and word choices, as well as the mix of fairy and real life. I'm also really impressed with the quality of the writing.
Gabrielle Pollack
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever read a book where you can see the writer's personality bleeding through? It may be in subtle, genius ways, but it's delightful all the same.

God of Manna is the third book I've read by Daeus Lamb and holds the same enjoyment as his other works. His prose is rich with strong, carefully selected words and witty wordplay. His characters are quirky and imaginative, and his story world intriguing.

But his tale wasn't all fancy words. Deep meaning hides behind God of Manna's allegorical
Chelsea R.H.
(I received a free copy of this novella from the author)
In one word, this novella is fascinating. But, in the end, I didn't enjoy it as mcuh as I could have, which I'll get into later.
First of all, a lengthy list of the things I did like!

-It was really well written! I admit that I'm wary of self-published books, because I've read several that have been badly written and badly edited. I didn't find that problem with this book. I didn't find a single typo. The phrasing was poetic and it was easy
Jenna “Meadow”  | The Book of Meadow
3.5 Stars
This little novella was quite unique, fascinating, and very well written. However, at the end I didn’t enjoy it quite as much as I thought I may in the beginning.

As I already mentioned, this book was very well written with poetic phrasing and wonderful descriptions of a land ruled by the God of Manna and his loyal high priests. This land is split into two areas; the outsiders who live outside the wall in a desolate wasteland and the insiders who live inside the wall with plentiful food,
Courtney
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novella is mysterious and beautifully written. I am only sad that it was not longer.

At first this book appealed to me but not enough that I couldn't wait to read it. If this is also you then I strongly urge you to get over that hurdle and read this book. I have been sent a lot of books lately and although they have all been good none really hooked me they way I know I can be. I began reading this short novel and thought this book will be the same. I was pleasantly surprised.

I have not read
Germaine
As Daeus is the person who came up with the amazing Show Don't Tell series, I of course I had high expectations for God of Manna.

In a exquisitely written story that I would liken to the style of Fyodor Dostoevsky, Daeus weaves great depth, interesting themes, and good worldbuilding into his tale. Would recommend for a casual afternoon read.
Taylor Clogston
I received this book for free.

This book has a breathtakingly mythopoeic opening, a touching and satisfying closing, and a middle that was a bit too quaint and quirky for my tastes.

If you love fable, allegory, and fairy tale stories, you'll find a lot to love here.
Matthew Sampson
That ending. Unexpected but so very fitting.
Jonathan Brown
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very solid short story; was anticipating it to go in many directions but I was rather surprised by and rather enjoyed the ending.
Matthew Roland
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Five Star rating should say enough.

Rarely do I burst out in praise for another book (unless that book was written by one J.R.R. Tolkien). However, I feel I can make an exception here.

To put it simply: the story is beautiful. As I soaked it up, every word, every sentence sung off the page. And even more rarely, all seemed to contribute something to the story. Furthermore, inside this engaging and evocative prose (and occasional poetry), there resides a depth that is not normally found in
Christina Weigand
Felicia
Jan 05, 2020

• Fawkes
  • Romanov
  • It's a Wonderful Life Study Guide: A Bible Study Based on the Christmas Classic It's a Wonderful Life
  • Thrawn: Treason (Star Wars: Thrawn, #3)
  • Phantastes
  • The Complete Fairy Books of Andrew Lang
  • The Shell Collector
  • Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Beginnings (The Lily Singer Adventures, #1)
  • Half Way Home
  • The Christian World of the Hobbit
  • YESHUA: A Personal Memoir of the Missing Years of Jesus
  • The Feast of All Saints
  • Dragon Untameable (Alveria Dragon Akademy's Untameables Book 1)
  • My Queen, My Mother: A Living Novena