Start by marking “Burn (Melt, #4)” as Want to Read:
Burn (Melt, #4)

Burn

(Melt #4)

Manhattan is falling apart, and with it so are the people, including Alice and Bill. And, at their remote cabin, new developments require critical decisions to save the life of a loved one....

A new, intensely thrilling series, MELT has received unanimous praise from beta readers and early reviewers alike. Written by JJ Pike and Mike Kraus, MELT examines a part of our
Published May 24th 2019 by Muonic Press Inc

To ask other readers questions about Burn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burn

Start your review of Burn (Melt, #4)
James L Pagano
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kick Ass

You have been able to shock and awe. Thank you. I am glad that the survivors are being reunited with each other. It going time to kick some serious ass.
Pam Shelton-Anderson
There is a lot of bouncing around in this book and most of the characters in focus, Christine, Petra and Barb are all basket cases in one way or another. We spend a lot of time with their inner conversations and neuroses and that made the story very hard to follow. The idea of taking a post-brain surgery patient out of the hospital immediately and bouncing her along in a car with no downside so far seems very improbable. I mostly was worried about the dogs in the end.
kelly
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Addicted

I disagree with some of these reviews. You must read this book and not skip anything. It answers a lot of questions and brings you so much closer to the characters . Barb is amazing!!! Christine is amazing !!! after you read this you understand them so much better. Love this series! Great book!!!!!!
Linda Turnbow
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed the first four. Waiting on five-Raze! The intentions of a few good are twisted by the one bad! Figures, right! But such is humanity and I am enjoying this new look at a dystopian series.
Doghouse Gav
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Looking forward to book 5

Picked up nicely from book 4. Good integration of old and new characters. Good story line and we'll written. Set nicely for the next book.
Teresa Botti
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling

I waited with bated breath for the forth book and I'm sorry I read it so quickly!
So much action , brilliantly packed into one book.
I will wait impatiently for number 5,
Charla Hale
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling!!!!

I love that each book centers on getting to know each of the central characters! Both Petra and Christine, different in their own right, have both grown during Burn. And Barb! What a character! Heartbreaking and heroic! Job well done!!!
Catherine
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
On fire

Exciting and engaging. I could not put the book down until I read to the end. Looking forward to read MELT 5
Lisa
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Sarah Crawford
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Manhattan is dying. More buildings are crumbling and fires are getting worse. What survivors there are head for a flotilla of boats trying to evacuate as many people as they can.

Christine (K&P science division) wants Angelina so she can study her and get an idea of just what happened to her and how the MELT affects human bodies.

Barb, the religious fanatic, kills a guy and rescues a baby. She begins an attempt to rescue as many people as she can (and dogs.) Paul ends up joining the group so
Sabrena Phillips
Oct 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
I hate this whole series!

This story has been drug out til you want to puke! I've never seen a book with so many characters that need to be committed. You've also given us too many people to try to keep up with. You're constantly adding more people to the list and expanding the storyline while making no progress to resolve this story. It makes me ill to think there's still another book yet to come and we've still gotten nowhere. Someone save me from this series. I'm physically I'll!
Benita M. Williams
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Still reading

goid read except finding at times to much of the "self talk / mind games" going on zi gound myself saying geezze just get on with the story. But alot of back ground ingo is given in these times of "self awareness" parts. The how why and cause of each persons actions and reactions to the world before them. That is why I gave thes book a 4 star rating its good but gets bogged down in places.
Dale Lambert
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Melt book 4 held my interest. The storyline was back on track after veering off in book 3. I am still curious enough to want to know how the disaster is solved. Meld seems unstoppable now it is capable of being carried ever onward by animals and humans. The domino effect is truly terrifying.
Yes, I'll be buying book 5.
D. E.
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A JJP/MK SYFY Novel (MB - 4) ATPASS

JJP/MK have penned the fourth SYFY novel in the Melt series. The problems continue to exist and our intrepid lady continues to discover what had been added to the KP formula. The Melt areas have increase and continue to grow. This is an excellent read for the genre.....DEHS
Allison A
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Too many heroes?

I'm enjoying the books. I am. Only... Every person is morphing into a non-idiot with incredible courage and integrity. I'd like to think it's possible but really... It does stretch the bounds of imagination (even more than the usual limber movements required by PA fiction).
Sabrina Lyons
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of this type book in general ,but was getting kind of bored of the genre so I didn't think I'd love this book as usually they follow the same old routine. But this one blew my mind it was so refreshing to have an end of the work type scenario with such a twist I loved it. The only thing I hate about a series like this is having to wait for the next book to come out.
Tina Langford
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Surviving Melt, is it possible.

From the beginning of this series, I have been sitting on the edge of my seat. Not stopping, turn one page after the other. What a thriller, extremely suspenseful. Read the Melt series. It is one of the best books I have read this year.
Sandra L.
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast read

This was a fast read because you are unable to put the book down. Can not wait to get started on the next book.
HOLLY CLAGHORN
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-reading
Enjoyed reading the 4th book of the melt. now reading the next book in the series.
Karen
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent

A continuing tale of survival and perseverance in the face of a true disaster. The characters come to life with courage and loyalty.
CHRISTINE HARDING
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was very exciting.
K J
bruce patterson
Aug 26, 2019
Vicky Mullen
Jun 01, 2019

• Last Light - The Last Light Book 1: (A Thrilling Post-Apocalyptic Survival Series)
  • Cold Snap - The Last Light Book 2: (A Thrilling Post-Apocalyptic Survival Series)
  • Dark Void - The Last Light Book 3: (A Thrilling Post-Apocalyptic Survival Series)
  • Hard Road - The Last Light Book 4: (A Thrilling Post-Apocalyptic Survival Series)
  • The Ruin (Solar Crash, #3)
  • The Deception (Solar Crash, #5)
  • The Fall (Solar Crash, #2)
  • Scattered (The Long Night #2)
  • Turbulent: A Post Apocalyptic EMP Survival Thriller (Days of Want Series Book 1)
  • The Collapse (Solar Crash, #1)
  • Hunted: A Post Apocalyptic EMP Survival Thriller (Days of Want Series Book Two)
  • Turmoil: A Post Apocalyptic EMP Survival Thriller (Days of Want Series Book Three)
  • The Long Night (The Long Night #1)
  • Showdown (The Long Night #6)
  • The Recovery (Solar Crash, #4)
  • All That Remains (Lone Survivor #1)
  • Reapers (The Long Night #4)
  • Betrayed (The Long Night #5)

Melt (9 books)