Start by marking “Victor (Chicago Blaze, #3)” as Want to Read:
Victor (Chicago Blaze, #3)

Victor

(Chicago Blaze #3)

Lindy

They don’t call me Belinda Boring for nothing. It’s my name, after all. And for a 23-year-old with plain brown hair who still lives at home and gets tongue tied over nothing, it’s a fitting one. I’m not even one of those quiet girls with a hidden talent,
Published July 16th 2019 by Silver Sky Publishing, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Victor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Victor

Start your review of Victor (Chicago Blaze, #3)
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
“He’s a hockey star with a headboard full of notches. She’s a shy NHL concession worker at who’s never been kissed.”

Let’s reward the whore with a virgin so he’ll see Jesus when he deflowers her. 🥴😳🙄

Fuck me sideways! 🤦🏻‍♀️
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead, 1.5*

Unfortunately this one didn't quite measure up to book 2

Spoilers, mild ranting and obscenities ahead

1) In book 1 and 2 we met secondary characters Lily and Jonah, everyone loved Lily and it was clear she and her husband loved each other very much. Here Lily confesses to Lindy that she's pregnant and shortly after we're told she collapsed and died. Why was such a sweet and epic love destroyed??? Especially as she'd just found out she's pregnant???? If Jonah is paired with some
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Some people might think that a successful professional NHL player may have a lot to be happy about. Yes, money and fame changes things but it isn’t a magic wand that transforms everything in your life. Victor knows he is lucky to be doing something he loves and being paid well for it. He was not born into a life like he is living now, in fact it was the complete opposite.

Victor is going through a bit of a rough patch in his career, he’s struggling with his game and getting a lot of flack for it.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Victor is a slump, one that could put him back on the second or third line. Trying to refocus his head and his game Victor starts putting all of himself into extra practices, but a painful childhood secret keeps throwing up roadblocks. Unable to help stop this, Victor has no choice but it reach out and hope the justice system can do its job. Victors game starts to turn thanks to some advice given to him by an arena employee. Becoming fast friends with Lindy, Victor quickly realizes his
Elizabeth
Jul 16, 2019 marked it as nope-nope-nope
I'm so tired of manwhores and virgins, is there no other combination to write about? Its 2019 *bangs head on wall*
Heroesinbooks
Andrea Fleury
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Victor and Belinda

Victor is a NHL hockey player. Belinda ( lindy ) is a sweet girl who works at a concession stand at the arena. She has a secret. Victor has been her favorite hockey player. She even had a poster of him on her bedroom wall. One night lindy works over night cleaning machines. During a break she walks down to the rink and Victor is there alone. Next thing she knows they start chatting. This is there story..
M.E. Carter
I can't WAIT for you guys to read this one.
Lisa Mandina
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really connected with this main character. I'm totally with her on not wanting to accept what "my league" is. It sucks, but maybe I have to. I know unlike Lindy, I'll never be lucky enough to have a hot hockey player turn out to be the guy I meet and fall in love with, and who falls in love back with me. But enough about me, let's talk about how good this story was. It was a page-turner. I really liked both characters, they were just real, and while I totally connected with Lindy, Victor was a ...more
Clau
Nov 22, 2019 rated it liked it
A cute romance between an ordinary girl and a hockey player. I liked that the main characters start as friends, and then they switch to something more (though that was part of the reason the story feels slow in the beginning).
Lula Pantoofle
So hot hockey star Victor is losing his edge. A chance meeting with concession worker Lindy has him back on form and an unlikely friendship develops.

This is a cinderella storyline. Lindy is the lowly, down-trodden staff member who impresses Victor with her hockey knowledge and passion. It’s a trophe which I really enjoy. I love a heroine who properly enjoys hockey and knows her stuff. I liked Lindy’s dad and their relationship. It was really sweet.

Why only three stars?

This was a sweet tale but
Laura ~Passion flower

Victor (Chicago Blaze, #3) (ARC) was graciously provided to me by Inkslinger PR for an honest review. I have voluntarily read this book and have provided my honest opinion.

"A Heart-Breaking, Gripping, and, Heart-Warming Read"

A sweet, heart-warming, squeal-worthy, yet absolutely gut-wrenching, addicting read has the emotions of this reader vying for attention as the after-affects of this new read vary between greatly stunned to a desperate needy state of warmed loving goo that teeter ba
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
Victor is a star player for the Chicago Blaze but if he can’t get his head back in the game his first line position is in jeopardy. It is speculated that his break-up from his most recent celebrity girlfriend has him tied up in knots, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. Victor is hiding something dark from his past.

After an adorable meet-cute Victor tried to friend-zone concession seller, Lindy, but soon can’t seem to get her out of his mind and dreams.

“...our happiness can’t be conta
JudyAnnLovesBooks
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full Disclosure time - I am a huge fan of hockey romance novels (HUGE FAN) and this is my first Brenda Rothert book. Victor and Lindy are adorable. Their first meeting is in an empty hockey arena. She floors him with her hockey knowledge and he surprises her by being down to earth and approachable. They become friends and eventually more. This is a very sweet romantic book and I look forward to reading more from this series.
Nance
I haven’t read a hockey romance in a while. But, this was wonderful! A little short, but I loved Lindy and Victor. Their romance was filled with awesome chemistry, and Victor found someone to love him for him. And, Lindy, what a sweetheart! I have to read me some more of these hockey romances...
Hannah
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I devoured this book in one sitting. It was amazing! Second of all, I don’t know if I have ever loved a heroine more. Lindy is a huge sports fan who meets her crush, who is even better in person. Hello, it’s my ultimate fantasy come to life!
Cyndi Becker
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: july-2019
Brenda Rothert delivers yet another wonderful book in the Chicago Blaze series. Her heroes ( hockey players) and heroines ( the women that love them) are complex and we see this deftly in Victor and Lindy's story. Their meet cute centers around Victor Lane is doing a late night skate at the Ice Arena where Belinda or "Lindy" Boring works in the concessions area. While the two may have shared the same air space, it's not until this moment where things get interesting

This was a great read on so ma
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Who doesn’t love to see great things happen to good people? I know I do! And I loved to see Lindy and Victor find their happily ever after!

But it wasn’t easy. Not at all.

Lindy needed to move out of her comfort zone—to embrace life more. To enjoy living in the moment versus just living. And Victor helps with that—he’s larger than life, and also her secret, long time crush. Which is something Victor doesn’t let her forget. LOL

And Victor. Man, he’s hiding in plain sight. Hiding his true self, that
Karen
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2nd-read
Your covers are so hot!!! I'd buy the poster!!

This was the sweetest book I've read in a long time. This young lady was such a real every day Chicago Southsider living with her widower father. They are a great family.

Victor is an elite NHL player but came from single mother who was drug/prostitute. He even took bus home from his chemo treatments as a young kid. Despite all his background he excelled in hockey by working hard.

We like these characters. Lindy is innocent and while Victor dated actre
Jenifer
In a sea of bad books, Brenda Rothert is always my life raft. Opening one of her books is comforting knowing I'm going to get top-notch quality writing, a great cast of eclectic characters with a hero and heroine you love to root for, and a story that is engaging, emotional (there's usually a gut punch or two in there), unique, and generally hard to put down followed by a book hangover. And her hockey writing is always on point.
I don't have enough words of praise for Victor! Victor & Lindy are
Happily Mary After
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-july
Victor is the third, standalone book in Brenda Rothert’s Chicago Blaze Hockey
series, and this sports romance is utterly endearing and deeply moving. Full rec on Frolic to follow soon.
Jill M
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hot-athletes
My downfall is a great hockey romance and Victor checked off everything for me. This book was everything I needed. The slow burn. The chemistry. The sexy hockey player. The innocent sweet girl. Brenda wrote a sweet slow burn romance to fill any romantic heart.
Diane Plourde TDC Book Reviews

I devoured this amazing 5 star story that consumed me from the very first page read to the very last one.

Victor is a professional hockey player that is struggling to maintain the first line status. Lindy works in concessions at the arena. This is like a modern Cinderella kind of story.

I loved this amazingly written sports romance. These characters were just perfectly lovable. Lindy was a fierce and strong heroine. Victor had all kinds of facets. He had deep and heartbreaking secrets. This stor
Lynn
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I went into Victor, not having read the previous two books in the Chicago Blaze series and can attest that it can be read as a standalone. I think most women have felt like Lindy at some point in our lives and can appreciate her character. I applaud Breanda Rothert in writing about an athlete with a past like Victor. I've read less than a handful of books with the male lead that is the one and not the female. It wasn't the focus, but did affect the story and relationship in a realistic way. This ...more
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
This is the third book on the series but can easily be read as a stand alone. Great friends to lovers premise. Victor and Lindy seem to be an unlikely match, except for their love of hockey. I love romance that take the time to build that friendship and trust before anything goes further.

Loved Lindy's friends and family. I loved how Victor made her feel like she was worthy. Only a little bit of hockey in this one. Not my favorite of the series but still a great romantic read.

*Complimentary cop
Izzie d
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: sports
Nice story.
Shy virgin heroine.
Cinderella type situation.
Hero has some dark secrets from his past.
No intimate scenes other than the Hero and heroine.
Hero's ex cheated on him but not much detail of their relationship and the Hero is offered a ONS.
Heroine goes out on a date with a workmate as the Hero has told her he and her are just friends.
I wasn't keen they don't start anything romantic until at least 55%.

HEA.
E-Reader Addict
I’m not sure what happened with Brenda Rothert’s writing. I used to like her, but this series is making me cranky.

This book, specifically, I couldn’t even finish listening to. The dialogue was laughably insipid. I just couldn’t do it anymore, so I tapped out after listening to two hours of the five and a half hour long audiobook. I am definitely done with this series, and maybe even Brenda Rothert.
Tanya
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not having a family to support you and then finding a perfect stranger who treats you like the person you are and not the athlete that you are can make all the difference. This is what Victor finds with "Boring".

Blue ICEE and 3 old men will keep you laughing.
Michella
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this friends to lovers storyline. Victor and Lindy’s chemistry is a slow burn and so worth the wait. It’s definitely a great addition to this Blaze hockey series.
Missey Lewis
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Nice story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Wylde (Arizona Vengeance #7)
  • Dominik (Arizona Vengeance, #6)
  • Wild Tendy (IceCats, #2)
  • Logan (Carolina Reapers, #4)
  • Tacker (Arizona Vengeance, #5)
  • Kane (Arizona Vengeance, #8)
  • Connell (Carolina Reapers #3)
  • Shutout (Scoring #1)
  • Cannon (Carolina Reapers, #5)
  • Dax (Arizona Vengeance, #4)
  • Sawyer (Carolina Reapers #2)
  • Power Play (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #2)
  • Rafe (Arizona Vengeance #6.5)
  • Axel (Carolina Reapers #1)
  • In It to Win It (Wynn Hockey, #2)
  • This Is Wild (This is, #2)
  • Win Big (Wynn Hockey, #3)
  • This Is Love (This is, #3)
Brenda Rothert is the author of more than thirty Contemporary Romance novels. You can learn more about her books at her website, www.brendarothert.com, which features teasers, excerpts and trailers for her books. Follow her here:

Twitter: http://goo.gl/wYVa6E

Pinterest: http://goo.gl/tYSU3n

Website: http://brendarothert.com/

Goodreads: http://goo.gl/k2ueHQ

Amazon: http://goo.gl/47Va5y

B&N: http://g

Chicago Blaze (8 books)
  • Anton (Chicago Blaze, #1)
  • Luca (Chicago Blaze, #2)
  • Knox (Chicago Blaze, #4)
  • Alexei (Chicago Blaze, #5)
  • Easy (Chicago Blaze, #6)
  • Jonah (Chicago Blaze, #7)
  • Kit (Chicago Blaze, #8)