Start by marking “Libby Lane (Jasper Creek, #1)” as Want to Read:
Libby Lane (Jasper Creek, #1)

Libby Lane

(Jasper Creek #1)

Jasper Creek is home. I’ve lived here my entire life. So I couldn’t have been more excited when we bought the fixer upper on Libby Lane. That was until “we” became “I”. After I cried out every ounce of my heartbreak with a hammer in my hand, I learned how to be happy alone. Now, all I need is a porch swing, the warm country breeze and a glass of sweet tea. But when I run ...more
Published November 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Libby Lane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Libby Lane

Start your review of Libby Lane (Jasper Creek, #1)
Tracy *To the point Reviews*
DNF

Geez! I feel like the super underdog here. I found this book to be a snoozer. I guess because it was too predictable and there seemed to be lacking a deeper element of chemistry between the two MC's.

I love small town, down home books. The lack of what felt like a town in this story. other than the dinner and the few houses they lived in, left me bereft of imaginings.

I lost my interest after a few chapters.

Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This first in her Jasper Creek series is about Cora, who has spent her life in the small town of Jasper Creek, and it's newest resident and police officer, Wyatt. Cora has been content on her own, working in her mother's flower shop, spending time with her best friend Blake, and getting over heartbreak from years earlier. But when she meets the new cop in town and he starts stopping by to swing on her porch, sometimes talking and sometimes just being content, she starts to feel things that she ...more
Amy Popewiny
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Literally where can I start?! Five stars doesn't feel like enough to be honest.

Cora lives in a super tiny southern town Jasper Creek. Now this is the type of town that everyone knows everyone and everyone knows your business before you even do it! A new cop moved to town named Wyatt but no one has met him yet. That is until Cora finds herself in a tangle with a snake out in the woods. Wyatt saves the day but has an arrogance about him that makes Cora instantly consider him a jerk. After Wyatt
Joy Westerfield
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great start to this charming new series! The story of Cora and Wyatt will melt your heart and you will fall in love with these characters. Cora is a young woman who is trying to put her life back together. She lives in the small Southern town of Jasper Creek where everyone knows you and your business, so secrets can't usually be kept. When she meets Wyatt, a new detective, she feels that maybe he is her way to getting back on her feet. Wyatt has his reasons for moving to Jasper Creek and ...more
Courtney Anderson
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet small-town romance that made me feel like I was there on Libby Lane in Jasper Creek hanging out with some friends and family. Cora was a sweet but tough country girl who loved her friends hard, loved her sweet tea, and strong willed. She meets the gruff Wyatt one day while running and gets herself injured and they quickly learn that they are neighbors. She soon realizes that there is more to him than meets the eye, that he is caring, loyal, hardworking, and she has a strong ...more
Tracey Vuolo
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing

CE Johnson is making a name for herself with Libby Lane. This book has something for everyone and I couldn’t put it down. Wyatt and Cora met in an unlikely way and I knew they were going to give each other a run for their money in more ways then one. Their sass and fire combined with their love and devotion will make you smile. You need to read this book for the flowers, the box, sweet tea and porch swings alone. Just when you think you have everything figured out, there are a some surprising
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
5 Stars

Cora has grown up in the small town of Jasper Creek and Wyatt is the new cop in town that no one knows much about. Paths cross regularly and feelings are fought valiantly but in the end the chemistry between this couple is undeniable. Full of snark, sarcasm, friendship and a heavy dose of attraction, this couple is on a road to a happily ever after. The route is not smooth and they will come against some major obstacles but in the end you will love every moment of unraveling this mystery
Bonnie Natola
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Libby Lane is a country cute contemporary romance with a hint of southern drama and suspense that blends so well like the sweet tea they serve in the novel!! CE Johnson is a genius with this story based on the characters she’s written alone. The characters in this book are everything!!! Especially Mae, She is my older spirit animal!!! I loved this book so much and think you all will love it too!!!!
Wendy Livingstone
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a new series, and what a fantastic introduction this story is! This is Wyatt and Cora’s story, which is beautifully written, with undeniable chemistry, intrigue, mystery, suspense, heartbreak, betrayal, unexpected twists, which all lead to a humorous and sweet read. I was totally captivated throughout this addictive page turner, and I cannot wait to read more from this talented author, whose work I highly recommend for all.
Cassie Ashford
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love Cora’s spunk! She doesn’t pull any punches with Wyatt. That is exactly what he needs. They are two magnets drawn together and they struggle with that at first.

Once they come to terms with where they are going their lives become so much more than they could have imagined alone.

I really enjoyed this book!
Kim Gauger
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Man oh man this book was freaking amazing! The perfect mix of suspense, love, and healing. Totally a true five star read and one you really don’t want to miss. Standalone with HEA and a twist you don’t see coming. Loved it!! I’m kinda in love with Wyatt too :) perfect book boyfriend material!!
Tarryn Knight
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I I’m in love with this book. I couldn’t put it down once I started reading it. It made me feel like I was right there in Jasper Creek. Another fantastic book from C.E. Johnson!
Olivia
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars for Libby Lane!

4 Stars for Libby Lane! This was a great read for a cold rainy day. I absolutely adored Cora and Wyatt, they were the best heroine and hero.
I can't wait to see who up next in Jasper Creek series.
Lea Coll
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was small town perfection. Loved every word. The fact that there was a hot cop was icing on the cake for me. I loved Wyatt and Cora and their porch swing. I can't wait for more in this series and I'm dying to know who's next.
Sassy Southern
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a book that had me on the edge of my seat dying to know what was going to happen next! I really loved these characters and once I started reading I couldn't put the book down.

There was some serious chemistry, hot steamy moments and some drama that kept me guessing until the very end.

A must read book for sure!
The Color of Ink
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This read has small town charm, romance, and an unexpected twist. It’s a perfect content combination that will keep you turning the pages. You’re going to really enjoy this one, so what are you waiting for.
Nanedsmomba
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot dang!! This is a sweet and intriguing book. Wyatt, the new police officer in town, and Cora were both trying to start over without looking for a relationship. They met in a very unusual way. He quickly became the “rude cop” to her, until they start spending some time in her front porch at night.
You get so sucked into this romantic story of a small town where everyone knows everything. You can’t stop reading it. You will fall in love with the characters as they feel so real. Romance, love,
Mom Seeks Smut
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wyatt and Cora have a connection right from the first contact... an excellent banter that they both feed off of. Their characters are both broken from things from their pasts and they truly don’t realize how much they need each and fight it every step of the way. Wyatt being a cop and Cora the mouthy neighbor with hidden secrets that give her sad eyes he sees from the first moment. Wyatt is the definition of a perfect hero.
A cute story that making you keep coming back for more.

Story
Heat
Jamie
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fallin love with the small town if Jasper Creek .love a great small town book , I love to read about small towns & get to know the people of the community. Libby lane makes for a feel good read. I recommend one clicking this afternoon read , you won't be disappointed.
Spunky N Sassy
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's Review~~~~~~~~~~

Great Book

This book was so sweet and swoonworthy! I fell in love with Jasper Creek and I can’t wait to go back!
Neelam
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Libby Lane was such a fun read! I didn’t realize when I started it there was an element of suspense. These have been my favorite types of books these days. I loved Wyatt and Cora. They are such a fun couple. Wyatt was so standoffish in the beginning but as he began falling for Cora, the reader realizes how sweet and romantic he really is. I love books like these-the gruff, alpha male falling for his woman and showing his sweet side. I am new to this author but will definitely be reading more!
M L Dyson
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Completely in love with this book!! The story was kept me entranced and was full of so many unexpected events!! I couldn’t put it down!! It’s full of twists and turns and a whole lot of hotness!! I loved Wyatt and Cora’s story! Can’t wait for the next book in this series!! ...more
Jenn the Readaholic
Nov 05, 2019
Rachel Marie
Nov 06, 2019

• Breaker
  • Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)
  • Once Upon A Holiday
  • Write You a Love Song (Love in Everton, #1)
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • Pierced Hearts (Southern Charmers)
  • Us, Again
  • Junior For The Mountain Man: A Secret Baby Romance Suspense Thriller (Mountain Daddies Book 2)
  • Just Ten Seconds
  • Biker Babe
  • Broken Miles: A Second Chance Romance (Miles Family, #1)
  • Triton (Soulless Bastards MC Daytona Chapter, #2)
  • Blind Attraction (Reckless Beat, #1)
  • Baby, I Do
  • Sweet Victory (BTU Alumni, #3)
  • Pregnant in Pennsylvania
  • Unlovely Things (Love By Design Book 2)
  • Undone
C.E. Johnson is an author of contemporary and suspense romance novels.

When not writing until all hours of the night (with lots of late night coffee runs), she loves to read books that feature a strong male with a soft spot for his feisty heroine. She prefers stories that rip your heart out completely, then kindly place it back into your chest with a HEA.

She lives in a suburb of Chicago with her