Start by marking “H_NGM_N: Murder is the Word” as Want to Read:
H_NGM_N: Murder is the Word

H_NGM_N: Murder is the Word

Every murder has a story.

Every story begins at home.

Tampa newscaster Tori Younger is saddened to learn her childhood friend, Brooke Martin, hung herself from the old water tower in their hometown. Tori hasn’t spoken to Brooke in years and doesn’t feel comfortable returning to attend the services. Then cryptic text messages from Brooke’s cellphone change her mind.

Attending
Published April 6th 2019 by Milford House Press

Linda Strong
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it

When well-known newscaster Tori Younger learns of the suicide death of a childhood friend, she faces a touch decision. Go back home and pay her respects or send flowers and stay home. She was humiliated by a man who proposed marriage and then didn't bother to show up for the wedding. Mortified, she packed her bags and never looked back ... until now.

The funeral behind her, she starts receiving text messages from her deceased friend' s phone ... but how can that be? No one admits to having the ph
Billie
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every murder has a story.
Every story begins at home.
Attending the funeral, Tori confronts a past that still haunts her and questions the text messages haunting her now. Her investigation
Samantha Gonsalves
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hells bells! H_MNGM_N is a superb, fast-paced, nail biting thriller.
When the news of Brooke Martin's apparent suicide reaches Tori Younger, her childhood friend, she's torn between going back to their hometown to pay her last respects or sending her condolences to her family. Five years ago Tori left town for good, after suffering a heartbreak and has good reason to keep away. But a gnawing thought that Brooke wouldn't just kill herself leaving behind a five year old takes hold and Tori cannot r
Sarah Simone
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy cannoli! If you are looking for your next read, look no further. Buy this... read this... thank me later!! Wowza! This is an intense murder mystery that will keep you up all night reading! I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough! Cryptic! Tori’s a well known newscastor and her childhood friend Brooke recently hung herself which sends Tori back home to face her own demons and help figure out what happened to Brooke! This is a page turner and it’s written so incredibly well. I love a good thril ...more
Jessica Belmont
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. WOW. H_NGM_N by JC Gatlin was intense, addicting, fast-paced…all from the very beginning. I might have held my breath through the entire book. I know one thing, I didnt sleep. I had to keep reading. There was no pause where I felt like I could leave this one…I just needed to finish the story.

JC Gatlin knows how to hook you. He leads you on a dark, twisting road that you don’t want to get off. I read this one late into the night, and I’ll be honest, it spooked me. It’s such a compelling nove
Lillie
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Warning: Do not start this late in the evening, intending to read a couple of chapters before going to bed. If you do, you probably won't get any sleep, because you won't be able to stop reading until you get to the end. A very fast pace, lots of twists and turns, an abundance of suspects and red herrings, constant tension, and high drama will keep you awake all the way to the satisfying and surprising conclusion.

I received a copy of the book from the author, but I voluntarily wrote this review,
Marina Spirova
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am a woman who likes a good crime novel. I have to confess that good crime stories are my weakness. Every time I read a crime novel I try to guess the three big questions: Who, How and Why? I assume that most crime-lovers out there share the same vice. I ques that for an author to give just about the right amount of information on the mystery is a great challenge. If the author gives too much information, that the reader does not have to finish the book to solve the mystery. If he or she gives ...more
Lisa Millard
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down! It's fast-paced and the characters are very likable. The dialogue is fresh and the story is well-crafted. Gatlin's style of writing holds you in its grip until the last page! This story is not predictable. It's engrossing and I found myself not wanting to be interrupted from reading it because I couldn't wait to see how the story unfolds. Well-developed characters and it moves so fast. I've read all of Jc Gatlin's books and this might just be his best yet!!
Kristell Talbot
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A_a_i_g!!!! What a wickedly gripping and original book! I absolutely adored it , from the chapter titles to the nuanced characters, this novel really is one of a kind . I thought I knew where the story was going but like any good magic illusion the trick is not what you think... I can only recommend and truly say that if you love thrillers as much as I do, this is the one you don’t want to miss!
Mynnie
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet another wonderful book by one of my favorite authors
Mynnie
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once I started reading I couldn't put it down
Rebecca Pirkle
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this read! Had me hooked from the first page and I couldn't quit reading. Had alot of twists and turns. I highly recommend this book.
Jen
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I found the chapter headings interesting and unusual. The plot was Ok, and I did want to know the answer.
Jessica Bronder
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tori Younger is a new reporter that hears about her childhood friend hanging herself from the old water tower. Tori is torn about going back for the funeral since she has her own demons that ran her out of town but she bites the bullet and returns home. While at the funeral, Tori has her own past to work through but starts questioning if her friend really killer herself leaving her five-year-old daughter alone and at the scene of the crime.

Tori’s curiosity is peaked and she starts looking into
Therese Doucette
Kimberly
May 09, 2019
Cora Jablonski
Jun 17, 2019
JC Gatlin lives in Tampa, Florida. In addition to regular fishing trips, he wrote a monthly column for New Tampa Style Magazine, then began penning several mystery/suspense stories. He also maintains a blog about new home building, an industry he has worked in for over 12 years.

Coming from a large family with five brothers, JC grew up in Grapevine