Start by marking “Waking the Dead (Book 2 of The Dead Series)” as Want to Read:
Waking the Dead (Book 2 of The Dead Series)

Waking the Dead

(The Dead Series #2)

Hyacinth always assumed dying would simplify her life. But when her new boss, Archangel Michael, sends her on her first official mission—to retrieve a powerful rock from a collector in Germany—things go downhill fast. For one thing, the Dead keep popping up, expecting her to guide them to the Afterlife. For another, her part-demon nephew Geordi's powers are starting to lea ...more
Published May 27th 2019 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Waking the Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waking the Dead

N.N. Light
Hyacinth Finch wants nothing more than to be left alone, especially when it comes to the Dead, but her boss, Archangel Michael, has other ideas. He needs her help to not only retrieve one of his rocks from a collector in Germany, but he tasks her to be an afterlife sorter. The only problem: Hyacinth has trouble telling who’s alive and who’s dead. Good thing she has her dead French cop friend/lover Eric to help her.

Things go from bad to mega bad when she, her nephew Geordi and Eric meet with the
Mary Brannian
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hyacinth just wants to protect her nephew Geordie from the demons and from her dead sister’s ex-husband’s demon-linked family. She will go to the ends of the earth to keep him safe… and she may have to do just that.
When Archangel Michael tasks Hyacinth with finding and retrieving “his” rocks in addition to assisting souls on their way to the afterlife, the last thing Hyacinth needed was more pressure. Still trying to find a way to stay on earth to raise and protect Geordie, Hyacinth finds hersel
Christine Grabowski
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
I admire anyone who can write a good 2nd book of a trilogy. I believe it is most challenging one to write since the world has been created, yet the entire plot line cannot be wrapped up. But Kerry Blaisdell did a fantastic job. If you enjoyed Debriefing the Dead, I think you will enjoy Waking the Dead. It has the same great characters, including Hyacinch. The book is told in 1st person, and It's her great quirky voice that carries the book. The book is far from serious, but is such a fun, creati ...more
Jill James
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think anything could be better than Debriefing the Dead, but Ms. Blaisdell has upped the game with Waking the Dead. The storytelling is unique and original, sometimes sad, sometimes funny, but always full of love and family. Can't wait for the next book!!
Wicked Humor
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Waking the Dead, book 2 in the Dead Series, is a continuation of Debriefing the Dead, and picks up a few months later. Hyacinth Finch has continued on her quest for Archangel Michael’s rocks, so there is a new paranormal mystery and new bad guys, but the same ongoing love triangle.

The paranormal story has the pacing and feel of a cozy mystery, but one with aspects that reminded me of the first Indiana Jones movie.

The love triangle is interesting, as Hyacinth must sort out her feelings for the t
Nina Campbell
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Waking the Dead by Kerry Blaisdell is the second book in The Dead Series. This book continues where book one left off but a stand alone novel. This book is full of interesting characters who include a dead aunt Hyacinth with a demon nephew Geordi, her demon ex-boy friend Jason, a ghost Eric, and angel Michael. The main character Hyacinth is trying to do the job she agreed to do which is to find and collect special shards of rock for Michael before hells denizens can collect these same shards. Th ...more
Linda
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am not sure how this author is not more popular. Her writing and stories easily rank right up there with New York Times Bestselling authors I read. Confounding. If y'all aren't reading this series, you are missing out! This is one of those books that I couldn't wait to read and was put out whenever Adulting made me put it down. My ONLY complaint is now I have to wait for Book 3 to continue the story, and I don't know how long that wait might be.

**for the record, I was given an early copy of th
Heidi
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am really impressed with this author and their way of weaving words, mythologies, religion, and the dichotomy of death and life in a way that is believable. The first book in this series hooked me, and now this one has me fully invested in this idea of being both dead and alive, and all the complexities that involve being human combined with the aforementioned idea. Now I’m inspired to read more about ancient history and religions. Kudos to the author.

I received an ARC via Booksprout from the
Sheila Lee
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is book 2 in the Dead series by Kerry Blaisdell and picks up where book 1, Debriefing the Dead, ended. Hyacinth is still working for Michael in sorting dead souls and finding the missing shards of Michael's staff. There is a diverse group of characters assisting Hyacinth on these missions. But as she zeroes in on one of the shards, Hyacinth ends up in a heap of trouble. With a lot of ingenuity and luck, this book reaches a stunning conclusion.
Amanda
"Fans of television shows like "Constantine" or "Supernatural" will absolutely love this book!"

Check out the whole review at InD'Tale Magazine:

InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

Fans of television shows like “Constantine” or “Supernatural” will absolutely love this book.

Read full review in the 2019 June issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Tina
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Waking the Dead by Kerry Blaisdell. I loved the story it contained, which drew me in, and the characters seemed to just speak to me.

Kerry Blaisdell
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Blaine
Nancy Jones
Jun 20, 2019
Ashley
Jun 20, 2019
Kerry Blaisdell is the award-winning author of The Dead Series, including DEBRIEFING THE DEAD (Book One)— 2019 HOLT Medallion double winner for Best Paranormal & Best First Book, Romance Writers of America RITA® finalist, Booksellers Best: Best First Book nominee, and Royal Palm Literary Award semifinalist—and WAKING THE DEAD (Book Two).

Born in British Columbia, Canada, she has since lived al

The Dead Series (2 books)
  • Debriefing the Dead (Book 1 of The Dead Series)