Start by marking “I Will Follow Him (Oceanic Dreams #5)” as Want to Read:
I Will Follow Him (Oceanic Dreams #5)

I Will Follow Him

(Oceanic Dreams #5)

A bachelor party on a cruise ship. What could go wrong?

When private detective Francie is hired to spy on a groom-to-be as he and his bachelor party set sail for the Caribbean, she thinks she's landed herself a week of paid vacation. Between lounging in the sun and sipping margaritas, she just needs to--best case scenario--report back that he's on the up and up, or--the unf
Published July 15th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about I Will Follow Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Will Follow Him

Start your review of I Will Follow Him (Oceanic Dreams #5)
DJ Sakata
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

Even though I’m in my thirties, I still look exactly like I looked when I was sixteen. My hair is blonde and my eyes are bluish and, for some annoying reason, people often ask me why I look so confused. You’ve heard of resting bitch face? I guess I’ve got resting ditz face.

He’s not all that attractive, but like my mom always told me, “Francie, it’s not about the packaging. It’s about the gift inside.” Then she’d add, “With that being said, it wouldn’t kill you to go to aerobics c
Berit☀️✨
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun! Fun! Fun! This was a quick easy breezy lighthearted story that put a huge smile on my face! This is the second book I’ve read this week that took place on a cruise ship, makes me want to go on another cruise! This is the fifth book in the “Oceanic” series, but each book is written by a different author so they can definitely be read as standalones. The perfect book to pack in your beach bag for a lazy afternoon read in the sun.

Francie has landed herself a gig as a private detective. Her ne
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Even though this novella is part of the Oceanic Dreams series, I believe it is a stand alone as previous books are written by different authors so really doesn’t matter if you start with this one or any of them in actual fact.

What better setting than on a cruise ship! I’ve got to admit I’ve never been on one but it sure sounds fun. Then again neither has the protagonist in the story, in fact she’s never travelled abroad or anywhere that far from home!

I had to feel sorry for Francie. Even though
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
This book made me smile. A lot. I enjoyed Francie's humor and the sometimes awkward situations she found herself in. It was entertaining and I love to be entertained while reading! This story is short- novella in length- and it was over before I was ready. This is my first book by Holly Tierney-Bedord and I probably won't be reading her previous books just based on content and what I'm comfortable with but if she writes more like this one, I'll be ready to snatch it up. 😁

Content: drink
Rachel Gilbey
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the moment I discovered this series existed I knew I had to read them, and in fact pre-ordered all of the books - after all I love books with exotic locations, and I love cruising, so what could be better than romantic comedies set on a cruise ship.

I Will Follow Him despite being the fifth book, is the first one I have sat down to read, and i have thoroughly enjoyed it. It can easily be read as a standalone, as each book is written by a different author, with just the theme in common, as f
Elaine
This is a laugh out loud, fun holiday romance novella. Private Detective Francie is hired by a bride-to-be to keep an eye on her fiancé whilst he goes on a cruise for his stag/bachelor party. Francie can't resist this opportunity to enjoy an expenses paid vacation, sounds like a dream job. However she really didn't anticipate becoming friends with the groom and his party or falling in love with his best man. Get ready for a bridezilla who wants all the details, immediately, day or night, a dream ...more
Jena Henry
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five Reason this novella gets 5 stars:

Written by one of my favorite authors, Holly Tierney-Bedord

Part of a super series- Oceanic Dreams. This is book 5 in the series.

The series is about cruising and romance.

The main character Francie can hold her own and I hope she gets her own book series.

Great lounge chair, beach or patio read!

I have read many other books by Holy Tierney-Bedord. From my past reviews of these books I have used phrases like, “spotlights delightful characters, and overflows with
Jane Hunt
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this quirky, humorous novella, part of a series of eight books, by different authors. Each is a standalone read connected by the cruise ship. Romantic comedies, they are lighthearted and reminded me of a twenty-first-century version of the 1970’s ‘ The Love Boat’, television series.

‘I Will Follow Him’, features Francie, a private investigator following in her father’s footsteps. She is hired to follow a bridegroom to be on his bachelor party by his suspicious fiancee. The party takes p
Alexandra
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute story about a endearingly quirky private investigator on a cruise with a mission, funny and sweet
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Will Francie’s professional life win over her love life?
I Will Follow Him by Holly Tierney-Bedord is a marvelous story about a shy girl finding herself, love and friendship aboard the Oceanic Aphrodite cruise ship. I so adored the story and it grabbed me from the beginning.
Francie Medding
Francie is our point of view and main character. She is a private invest
Kerry https://likeherdingcatsblog.wordpress.com Robinson
What a clever idea for a series of books.  All the novellas are set on board the Oceanic Aphrodite but each story is written by a different best-selling author.  Each book is a stand alone series and they can be ready in any order making this the perfect light, easy, breezy read for a holiday or a lunch-break treat.

The female protagonist in this novel, Francie, is a little different than most.  She's a young, intelligent, a little anti-social  private detective on a mission.  Her mission is to
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Summer brings on thoughts of vacations and lighter reads. This is one of a collection of books, written by various authors, set on a cruise ship, the Oceanic Aphrodite. It reads well as a stand alone and can be read easily enough in one sitting or lounging.

While Francie's assignment is to keep tabs on a certain groom-to-be, this cruise is designed for singles. As her own thirty-second birthday looms, Francie begins to question her own relationship status. She attempts to remain professional and
Els
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun series. Even if it would contain 10 times more books, I still would not tire of it. Each book is not only a new adventure, but it's getting to know a different author as well, because they are all written by different women.

It's a novella and thus not a load of pages, but that does not disturb me. It's not the number of pages but the content that make a good book. Some people might say that it's not possible to develop a character in a shorter story but that's not true at all.
Molly
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Evan fell in love and proposed marriage to a woman he thought he would spend forever with. And he signed a document that would give half the business that belonged to his family for generations to her if he cheated.

Then paranoid Danielle went off to Europe with her gal pals and he and his friends went to the Caribbean and Mexico. Along with a private detective she hired to catch him.

Francie inherited her PI firm from her father. The offer to go on a cruise to follow Evan seemed amazing- until
Kristi
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A week of paid vacation on a cruise ship, the perfect job right? Francie has been hired to spy on a groom to be and his bachelor party. Easy peasy, just sit around the pool, drinking margaritas makes for a nice relaxing vacation. While spying and reporting back that all's well or he's not behaving. Problem is between the relaxing in the sun and drinking those margaritas she's making mistakes. You can't become friends with the groom you're supposed to be following let alone become interested in t ...more
Adele
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I Will Follow Him is Book 5 in the Oceanic Dreams. Each book in the series is novella in size and can be read as a standalone story. All the books are centred around a cruise ship, so they sound like the perfect escapism reads to me.
What I enjoy about novellas is that they are a story you can read in one lazy afternoon. They are far more in-depth than a short story and you can get a real sense of the characters and storyline.
I Will Follow Him was such a fun, flirty read. When struggling Private
Tanya
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
she is a PI and she has to follow a grown to be on a cruise with other men to see if he is a cheater. She expects it to be easy but of course it will not be. She makes friends with the groom.and falls for his best man. What is she going to do? Can she keep her job? Will she be found out? See what will happen

Marie Bourgery
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Francie is hired to spy on woman’s finance while he’s on a singles cruise with his friends. She struck me as unprofessional and ditsy from the beginning and it was unbelievable that she had any connection to Mensa. The girl who hired her was selfish and rude sending her endless text messages that went through a wide range of mood swings from happy to angry and wanting to fire her for lack of response. There were some funny moments and a lot of crazy ones in this summer romance.
Pamela Devereux
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Francine Meddling is a private detective, following in her father's footsteps. She accepts an assignment that leads her to the Oceanic, love boat. Little did she know that she was going to be bit. Also the person she is working for is neurotic. I was laughing at some of the antics. I love the name the author came up for her boyfriend. Truth has a way of coming out because love demands it.
Heather Wamboldt
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this fun and fabulous beach (or cruise) read. It is lighthearted and has a great storyline. The characters are well developed, likable, and relatable. This is a truly delightful story that will make you smile.

Danielle Williams
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg so fantastic!!!

Okay so I was soooooo surprised by this story. I am always in awe on how these authors create love on this wonderful cruise ship. She did a great job being undercover but its hard when you have feelings for someone and dont want to lie to them. It was so cool how 8 people on the boat live in the same state and only minites apart.
Tiziana Langone
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it

This was a true surprise for me, reading this book.
I started reading it, without having too high expectations. Because you know it’s a novella, and the genre already makes you know what the end will be like.
So I thought it would be a book like so many, you can easily put it away without reading it, and not missing out.

And yes, I finished it rather quickly, even for my standards, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t enjoy it!
As I have never been on a cruise, it made me dream about exotic locations, mee
Krista Walsh
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Very enjoyable series. Loved the different stores in the same singles cruise with some recurring characters. Very interesting and cute
Stephanie
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Carmen Davis
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
This book was so funny! Frankie was hilarious. There were a few times where she irritated me with how dumb she was but over all she was a hoot! Eli was a great guy and the plot was nice. Good, quick read!!

Proud Book Reviews
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After refreshing my memory on Goodreads, I knew I’d be in for a romance and it sounded like it was going to be funny. I will admit that I didn’t get much of an opportunity to laugh. But not because of the writing or the story!

Well, kind of because of the story. I read 2 chapters (so like 15 minutes of reading) before bed on the Monday night and noticed I’d read 16%. I then read on the bus to work the next morning and saw I’d reached 50% by the time I got to work. Read a bit more at lunch, then f
Jennifer Wertz
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed I will Follow Him. It is a quick fun, romance book. I love the characters and how they develop throughout the book. The romance between Francie and Eli is just sweet and perfect. The cruise ship setting is so fun and interesting. I love this whole series! Each novella is a stand alone so they can be read in any order. I highly recommend this book!

Bookmark Beth
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Francie is a private detective who is hired to spy on a woman’s fiancé during his bachelor party on a cruise ship. She gets a little too close to her subject and his group of friends—so much so that she begins to fall for one of his best friends, Eli. The story is full of humor that made me literally laugh out loud in almost every chapter! The romance is very endearing and I finished the book with a smile and a lighter heart.

This is a great, breezy read! Perfect for the summer!
Michele
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an Advanced Reader Copy in exchange for a voluntary review.

Francie Meddling of the F.N. Meddling Detective and Private Investigation Agency has been hired by a woman who is about to get married to spy on her soon to be husband, who is going on a cruise for his stag. She wants any proof that he is cheating or even thinking about it.

Francie is not your typical detective. Her idea of traveling is going to the local convenience store and her current boyfriend would cause you to lose the w
Sheena
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
An entertaining, funny story. There’s a Batchelor party on board a cruise ship and an undercover private detective checking out more than the groom to be.

Francie is not absolutely committed to her job, and I love her attitude to life and love, and Eli is her perfect match even if it takes a lot of drama to prove it. In fact there are a whole boat load of interesting characters.

A humorous and fun quick read... I received a copy of this book from the author via Quirky Blind Date with a Book.

« previous 1 3 next »

• Mind Reader
  • No More Bad Dates (High Tea, #1)
  • 1997 (90s Flashback, #2)
  • Give Me a Dream (Billionaires Abroad, #0.5)
  • Sooo Not Looking For a Man
  • Lilliana Jones and the Temple of Groom
  • It's Not PMS, It's You
  • She Loves Him...Not (Carter's Cove Beach Romance #5)
  • Godfather of the Bride  (Annabelle Archer #11.5)
  • Four Last First Dates (Cozy Cottage Café, #4)
  • Zen Queen
  • 1996 (90s Flashback, #1)
  • Perfectly Played
  • The Suite Life (Paradise Bay #3)
  • Come Home to Love (Aspen Ridge, #3)
  • In the Swim of Things
  • Cowboys Don't Marry the Beauty (Sweet Water Ranch, #3)

www.hollytierneybedord.com

Holly Tierney-Bedord is the author of over a dozen novels and novellas, including Sweet Hollow Women, Surviving Valencia, Right Under Your Nose, Bellamy's Redemption, and Murder at Mistletoe Manor. She is also the creator of mid-century dollhouse flipping blog www.flipthisminihouse.com and the author of several dollhouse and miniature how-to

Oceanic Dreams (8 books)
  • I Saw Him Standing There (Oceanic Dreams #1)
  • Time of My Life (Oceanic Dreams, #2)
  • Circle in the Sand (Oceanic Dreams #3)
  • I Thought It Was You (Oceanic Dreams #4)
  • Take a Chance on Me (Oceanic Dreams #6)
  • Shut Up and Dance With Me (Oceanic Dreams #7)
  • The Best of You (Oceanic Dreams, #8)

News & Interviews