Start by marking “Jessie's Hope” as Want to Read:
Jessie's Hope

Jessie's Hope

Can a sliver of hope lead to everlasting love?

Years ago, an accident robbed Jessie Smith’s mobility. It also stole her mother and alienated her from her father. When Jessie’s high school sweetheart Matt Jansen proposes, her parents’ absence intensifies her worry that she cannot hold on to those she loves.

With a wedding fast approaching, Jessie’s grandfather Homer has a goa
Published June 17th 2019 by Firefly Southern Fiction

To ask other readers questions about Jessie's Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jessie's Hope

Betty
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a family story of faith and overcoming the difficulties life sometimes tosses our way. I was reminded of my own wedding, when family situations made a formal ceremony seem impossible. Back then, family and friends rallied to help us achieve a sweet, memorable day.
That’s what happens in Jessie’s Hope. When difficult situations cloud her vision and threaten to crush her dreams, Jessie chooses to hold on to her faith. For Jessie and Matt, help comes from unexpected places, proving that mir
Gail Hollingsworth
This was a wonderful story of overcoming life’s obstacles with a sweet country flare. At age ten Jessie survived an auto accident that killed her mother. After learning she was paralyzed and would live in a wheelchair the rest of her life, Jessie wished she would have died too. With her mother gone and abandoned by her father, Jessie felt like she was unloved and alone. But her mother’s parents took care of her and loved her like a daughter.
Jessie felt like her life was turning around after she
Randy Tramp
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An accident changed Jessie Smith's life. It left her wheelchair-bound, without a mother and alienated her from her father. Matt Jansen proposes to her. As the wedding nears Jessie's grandfather, Homer, wants the perfect dress for "his Jessie." Financial setbacks get in the way of that goal. In fact, a whirlwind of trouble hits them.

To heal from her past, Jessie initiates a search for her father, Wayne Riggs.

I was drawn into the story from the beginning. It was so hard to put down, I read it in t
Sandra
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you like your fiction with a Southern twang? I could actually hear the drawl when reading the dialog. I recommend this story about realistic characters finding hope in the face of bitterness, abandonment, guilt, and feeling unworthy.

Paralyzed at a young age, Jessie Smith plans a wedding to the love of her life, Matt Jansen, while her grandfather struggles to come to terms with his guilt over the accident that killed his daughter and paralyzed Jessie. Meanwhile, Jessie feels a need to reconnec
Amanda
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful story of love forgiveness, and God's infinite blessings.
Gail Johnson
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jessie's Hope is the story of a family in need of hope, healing, and restoration. Filled with the sights, sounds, and smells of the south, it was a delight to this southern girl's heart.
Christina Parker
Wonderful read!

I can’t wait for the sequel! I couldn’t help but think of how great a book this would be for my nieces (I will have to get them both a copy). It had several great moral lessons, mixed in with heartbreak and forgiveness, and topped off with a sweet little love story. Very well written...looking forward to the next!
Hope Bolinger
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a beautiful story! I absolutely love the depth of the characters and that the author tackles difficult topics in such poignant ways.
Kathleen Connolly
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jessie's Hope by Jennifer Hallmark keeps your attention from the beginning to the end. It contains both romance and mystery. I would recommend you read this book. It would make a good gift too...
Melissa Henderson
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet story of finding love, trust and forgiveness after tragedy. With Jessie's life different due to an accident in the past, can she find love and happiness? Will limitations cause her to lose hope? This is a heartwarming story that I enjoyed very much. I received a complimentary copy of the book. No review was required.
Sherida Stewart
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a good story of restoration through forgiveness and hope. I especially like the believable characters created by author Jennifer Hallmark and the way these characters overcame difficulties.

Wheelchair-bound Jessie Smith shows courage as she faces challenges and disappointments in her life. As a great hero, Matt Jansen is filled with compassion, devotion, and tenderness toward his fiancée. The townsfolk involved with preparations for the upcoming wedding add to the delightful story. If you
PJ Roga
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book, even though I'm not a big fan of romance. Jennifer put in enough action elements to keep my interest.
If you love romance, read Jessie's Hope.
Lenora Worth
Aug 14, 2019
Melody
Aug 16, 2019
Jennifer Hallmark
Jun 13, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jessica Sanderson
Jeffrey Bishop
Aug 15, 2019
Jessica Hatfield
Aug 17, 2019
Jennifer Hallmark writes Southern fiction and fantasy, an interesting combination that keeps the creative juices flowing. She’s published 200+ internet articles and interviews, short stories in several magazines, and has co-authored three book compilations.

Jennifer recently sold her first novel to Firefly Southern fiction (an imprint of Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas) with a release date