Start by marking “The Kraken of Cape Madre: A Creature Feature Horror Suspense (Lorestalker Book 2)” as Want to Read:

Spring break will never be the same after a legendary creature rises from the depths.

It’s been almost two years, but the nightmares still haunt Miriam Brooks—grisly images of her brother being slaughtered. A relaxing Spring Break at the beach seems like a good way to put some distance between her and the troubling past, but paradise shatters when she saves a tourist from
Published June 3rd 2019 by Evolved Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Kraken of Cape Madre, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kraken of Cape Madre

Ash †Reviews of a FearStreetZombie†
Barnett has skills. He has the ability to take a reader anywhere and everywhere and make you feel every bit of emotions his characters are feeling.

I hate sea books. Won't even lie there. But I loved Barnett's first Lorestalker book, so I knew I could trust this book would be just as amazing. It. Did. Not. Fail.
Oh man, this book is one of a kind for me, literally. Haha.

The pacing was perfect and the tension. Oh gosh the tension was crazy. I felt like a rubberband pulled to tight. The buildup w
Amanda
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked this one even more than the first book in the series! The characters got fleshed out further without sacrificing the fast-paced nature of his writing. He is such an intelligent writer, and I found line after witty line that I can’t imagine finding anywhere else. I love watching the progression of this author and his characters! I was rather sad to see the book end😭.
Alicia Smock
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
2019 is proving to be an amazing year for talented new authors in the writing community and many of these authors are coming from the publisher readers need to keep their eye on: Evolved Publishing. One such author, J.P. Barnett, released his debut novel, The Beast of Rose Valley, in early March. This debut marked the first in his creature feature suspense Lorestalker Series. Now, just a few months later, readers can read the next in Barnett’s promising new series with the release of The Kraken ...more
Rachael
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The latest books from one of my favorite new authors is the kind I couldn't put down. It's the perfect book for a day at the beach, although you might want to swim before you start it as there are some scary things happening in the waters of a coastal Texas town. The characters became my friends quickly and still surprised me at times with the wisdom they shared. It's a fast paced mystery and a quick read but this author is so good at weaving in some of the complexities of life: the pull of addi ...more
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
Wow! J.P. Barnett blew me away with The Kraken of Cape Madre! It is hard for me to really get into a thriller, folklore story. But Barnett will hold his readers captive and drawn to the mystics of his characters with this book. Mariam, she was perfection. I felt her need to protect. I could feel the hair on my arms standing. Book friends! If you need some suspense, thriller, folklore in you life, THIS IS IT!

Dean Palmer
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again Mr. Barnett takes the reader on a fast, energy filled journey into the world of Cryptids. His writing is smooth and fast. Not only is the story fast paced but it reads fast. The author doesn't put in a lot of extraneous things that pull you out of the story. I was able to read the entire book in one plane trip, reading the last page as the plane touched down. From his first book you can see that Mr. Barnett has honed his craft and is keeping the story exciting and well written.
Lisa Perez
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so GREAT! One of the best books I've read in a long time. I seriously couldn't put it down. I read the whole book in just 36 hours. The characters were fleshed out and I really cared about them. There were no slow spots. It was funny, intelligent, and surprising. I absolutely loved it. Miriam is my favorite.
Mistie Walser
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exiting and hard to put down! Loved it. Really enjoy having a smart, badass girl for the main character.
Kyle May
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked the first book, but thought this one showed growth in Barnett's writing. I liked the pace of the story and I felt the suspense of the story pushing me to finish the book quicker than planned.
Gr74
Aug 08, 2019
Coreen
Jun 19, 2019
Dee Shirley
Sep 09, 2019
J.P. Barnett
Jun 03, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Bonnie
Rob Greene
Aug 27, 2019
Francis Hicks
Aug 28, 2019
J.P. Barnett grew up in a tiny Texas town where the list of possible vocations failed to include published author.

As a child, J.P. consumed any book he could get his hands on. The likes of Stephen King, Michael Crichton, and Dean Koontz paved the bookshelves of his childhood, providing a plethora of fantastical and terrifying tales that he read way too early in life. Though the effect these books