Start by marking “The Vampire Trap (City of Wishes #2)” as Want to Read:
The Vampire Trap (City of Wishes #2)

The Vampire Trap

(City of Wishes #2)

Elle and Dex concoct a plan to lure in the Allegiant vampires responsible for the recent spate of human abductions, but a surprising revelation threatens to change everything.

While Elle works hard to keep the ugly truth of who she really is from Dex, it turns out Dex is keeping a secret of his own.

~ ~ ~

CITY OF WISHES is an urban fantasy serialized retelling of Cinderella.
Published May 10th 2019 by Rachel Morgan

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire Trap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vampire Trap

Start your review of The Vampire Trap (City of Wishes #2)
Vanessa (bookfairy95)
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, retellings, 2019
Read this in one sitting and I have absolutely no negative remarks.

The episodes are short, yes, but still so much happened!!! Definitely a fast paced book.

I wish we got to know Xander and Olly better, as they seem like very interesting characters.

I love the development with Dex and Elle and I am excited to see where this is going, even though there was this rude interruption and I do have some idea about Dex's identity...

For Meredith, I do have more respect now, because she went against her
Rottgrl88
This is currently free on Amazon Kindle --- 07/25/2020

Caitlin
Okay. This? This is amazing. And the end? Phenomenal. How in the heck am I supposed to wait for the next one??

This next installment in the City of Wishes serial is even better than the first and so addicting. The plot thickens, things are revealed, characters come together but are then pushed apart. How did all of this happen in so few pages? I'm impressed.

I can't wait for this serial to be complete and the physical copy is in my greedy hands, so I can stand it in a place of honor on my bookshe
Siobhan
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank goodness part 3 is out already! Need to read what happens next!

I forgot how this series draws you in, making you want more, ending with such a cliffhanger that you need to know about the next episode (thank goodness the 3rd installment is out).

I am enjoying the Cinderella inspiration for this series, especially since it's a lil more kick butt and sassy for today's times.
J.M.
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great for busy mums with little kids who like a easy to read series.
Worthy of a binge read.
Highly addictive
Thank you for sharing you’re mini adventures with you’re readers Rachel
Love being able to arc review you’re books
💕💕💕💕 #Dex
Coco.V
Jul 14, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 Books 1-3 in the Series are FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (7/14/2020)! 🎁 ...more
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Vampire Trap is the second episode in Rachel Morgan's City of Wishes series. City Of Wishes is a Cinderella retelling. I love fairytale retellings and this one isn't a disappointment. I loved it and it's very well written. I love Elle, Dex and Sienna. Can't wait to continue this series!
Reader's  Show
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW the twist and turns!!!
Though it has a Cliffhanger... Its only makes me want to read more..
I really like the chemistry Dex and Elle have.. Though I did miss Dex's friends... I really want them to play a good part in future episodes
Definitely worth the wait for👍😍
Vanessa Eccles
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That ending, y,all! The second episode is even better than the first, which I didn’t think was possible. I love this series and can’t wait for the next one!
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Chris
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Vampire Trap is incredible. The Vampires are up to no good, dealing in Magic but vampires aren't suppose to be able to do magic. And what does Elle have to do with this and what is this secret about her Mom? These are questions still unanswered but the journey to those answers so far is an awful lot of fun.

In this part of the story Dex and Elle work together to set a trap for Azriel, the Vampire who initially tried to capture her. As they spend time together, their attraction to one another
Nisareen
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Following the vampire attack on her home, Elle makes a deal with Salvia. She will lure the vampires away in return for her stepmother reinstating her midnight curfew. Hoping to learn answers about her mother’s connection with The Allegiant, Elle agrees to act as bait for Dex in return for three vials of Fae Essence a day. With her goal of obtaining enough Essence to buy a third tier wish to gain her freedom close to being realised, she desperately tries to keep her slave status a secret from Dex ...more
Tonja Drecker
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book takes off where the first one in the series left off. So, it should be read as a series and not a stand-alone.

After the vampire attack on her step-sister at the house, Elle knows she needs to do something to stop the vampires...and figure out what they know about her mother. With Dex's and his friend's help, a plan is woven to captured one of the vampires and figure out what is going on. But catching a vampire, even with the assistance of fae magic, isn't a simple task. Not only must E
Caroline
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To start with I’d just like to warn fellow readers that this is the second part in a serialized story, so you should have read Part 1 first, and this part ends in a cliffhanger. Okay, with that out of the way, let’s get on with the review.
In the second installment of the City of Wishes story, The Vampire Trap, the plot of the Cinderella retelling thickens. In this part of the story, as the title suggests, we see Elle, Dex, and his friends trying to trap one of the vampires by using Elle as bait.
Kim
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, fantasy, retellings
City of Wishes 2: The Vampire Trap
By Rachel Morgan

Warning: highly addictive! This story is a continuation of the first book, The Memory Thief, and would not be understood without having read the first book. The first book is currently free, so please go there first. This story will have 6 different parts that all pretty much end in a cliffhanger – so be prepared to need to keep reading once you’ve finished one book. These are more like episodes due to their shorter length – this second episode i
Jan farnworth
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second installment in Rachel Morgan serial City of Wishes. What i love about this is each one is just a small short and sweet taste that keeps you checking to see if the next one out yet. So to set this up for you we have Ella who is a slave to her step-mom and step-sisters. She has a tattoo that is on her ankle that entrap her to whatever rules or curfews her step-mothers doles out. Ella has the ability to erase memories, which her step-mother knowing uses in cons. Ella uses it to s ...more
Coral Chanel (Reading Starlight)
*Spoiler freeish review*

I finished The Memory Thief and had to dive straight in to book 2 the first chance I got.
We pick up right where we left off in book 1 and there's not messing around with unnecessary drawn out recaps, you're right into the story.
The story continues to progress at a satisfying rate in book 2 and adds more layers and depth to the already outline plot for the narrative. We begin to meet new characters and form stronger bonds with characters we've already gotten familiar with
Kaye
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ONE AMAZING JOURNEY!!!
Wow! Man, oh man! You are not going to believe how this installment plays out. A churning eddy of startling circumstances and a bevy of perplexing mishaps launch all those entangled emotions into play smoothly. So much perilous drama, danger and electrifying suspense really take you on one wild rollercoaster ride. No, I'm not complaining. With all the confusion, uncertainty, desperation along with a few revelations blow this baby wide open. You have all the action, heart po
Shanice Singh
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Vampire Trap follows Dex and Ella as they try to lure in the vampires with Elle as bait. Elle is desperate to know how the vampires know her mother while Dex wants more knowledge on the "Allegiant" vampires.
Meanwhile, Elle's step-mother just becomes more and more awful.
This chapter is far more action-packed than I expected. There are several plot twists and I loved seeing more of this world.
These characters are witty and well-written. It is such a delight watching Elle go out with Dex and hi
Stephanie - Books Less Travelled
*I received a copy from the author. This does not affect my review.*

Another smashing addition to this series! I was excited to see more of Dax and Elle's story! This one adds more danger and twists to the story. This one focuses more of plot and characters since the first laid some of the groundwork and world-building for the series. This one was even better, and that ending! Ah, I need the next one!

I loved the complexity and mystery this one adds to Dex and Elle's stories, and while I've always
Sabrina
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The second instalment of City of Wishes is even better than the first. Now the story has really got going. Elle's stepmother really is a horrible piece of work, the way she so casually hurts her own daughter as punishment to Elle and also the other way round. I'm very interested in finding out what Dex's true motives are, and I think Alissa is going to be a cool character. I also can't wait to read more about the dragon shifters.
I'm really enjoying the serialisation aspect of the book, it's alm
Blaire Hammond
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Vampire Trap By Rachel Morgan Spoiler Free Review.

*I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for a free and honest review.*

I'm really loving this story! I read the first installment in this series and adored it, so was super excited for the second one. And it absolutely didn't let me down! We've continued to learn more about these fantastic characters and their stories, along with the world.

I really enjoyed the story of this installment. It was full of twists and excitement and had me hooke
Lori
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book and volunteered to review it.

I love these types of books with faeries, vampires, humans and other creatures mixed together.

As typically a binge reader serial episodes are the death of me and my curiosity. However, as you get embroiled in the mystery of what Elle might be, the desperation behind her actions, the cruelty of the world around her, and the mystery behind Dex, it’s so worth it.

Set in a world where humans are slaves to other supernatural sp
Brittany Smith
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second episode in the City of Wishes series. I love how the author eeks out the story and focuses on one thing each book.

We join Elle and Dex right where we left off from the last book. They have a deal to work together to catch the vampires that are abducting humans. Whilst trying to save the humans Elle is still trying to figure out where she fits in.

The world that we have been thrown into is full and rich. The characters are real and well developed. You get a real sense of who to
Laetitia
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this episode from the author.

I thought I loved the first episode but this one takes the trophy. There is even more action and romance. This retelling is filled with crazy twists that make me itch for the next episode. I can't believe I have to wait a few weeks to continue reading.

Rachel Morgan has a way to tell compelling stories that convey so many emotions. So much imagination was poured into this tale making it so much more than a simple retelling.

This story is perfect
Arin Barry
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The next installment is still so far away, I don’t know how I’m going to wait...

I thought the first City of Wishes was good, boy was I wrong. The Vampire Trap makes The Memory Thief pale in comparison.

In this second segment the plot begins to thicken as Elle and Dex learn more of the mysterious Allegiant. Mystery and intrigue is definitely dialed to 100 in the installment.

I’m so excitedly for The Moonlight Masquerade, I just need to get through the next 18 days so that I can see what Elle and De
Louise Bilby
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been itching to see how this story continues and this episode did not disappoint.

The usual great writing from Rachel gets you straight into the story where it left off in the first book. It continued seamlessly and hooked me even more onto this retelling. As I've said in another review, I didn't think I'd enjoy this as for some reason the idea of a retelling just never sat right with me, but this isn't just a retelling, it's more imaginative and comes from a different angle. I love it and c
Ronel Janse van Vuuren
More intrigue with the vampires with lots of unanswered questions.

Elle and Dex grow closer, but they both hide secrets. I’m seriously wondering about Dex’s curse.

I love the way dragon shifters are described!

Elle’s stepmother and especially Meredith are grating on my nerves. Why couldn’t the vampires just eat Meredith?

The party with all the races invited was an interesting look at their society as a whole. And the cliffhanger…! Can Elle even be pushed further?

A fun read. Highly recommended.
Jennifer Lil'n  Dunski
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay, first off.... this is not a stand alone and you need to read book 1 first to understand anything in this book. Because it picks up from where book 1 left off.
Oh My Stars! This story is just as fantastic as the first book, if not better! Why do we have to wait for the next book, why??? This series is so addicting! I'm loving Elle and Dex, they make a great team! The ups and downs are incredible but what else could you expect from the glorious Rachel Morgan!
CrazyCat (Alex)
How much do I despise this so-called stepmother Salvia and Meredith? I think I might even hate them. How can you treat people this way, I mean, Sienna och Elle are family. That has to mean something, right. I really hope there is a punishment in the stars for them.
Things are definitely picking up and I can't wait to see where the story goes. Five stars for writing this highly recommended, amazing story
« previous 1 3 next »

• Ignite (Skyborn, #1)
  • Turned (The Vampire Journals, #1)
  • The Trouble with Falling (The Trouble Series, #4)
  • The Trouble with Flying (The Trouble Series, #1)
  • Awakening (Goddess Kissed, #1)
  • Midnight Secrets (The Vampire Legacy #1)
  • Dangerous (Element Preservers, #1)
  • The Trouble with Flirting
  • Chosen by Grace (Divine Fate, #1)
  • Bitter Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #3)
  • Wicked Witch (The Royals: Witch Court #1)
  • Magic Unleashed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #3)
  • Frost (Midnight Ice, #1)
  • Isle of Bones (We Witches Three #1)
  • The Elemental Trial (The Faerie Race #2)
  • Soul (Chaos #1)
  • The Prince's Bargain (The Elves of Lessa Book 3)
  • Deep Waters
Rachel Morgan spent a good deal of her childhood living in a fantasy land of her own making, crafting endless stories of make-believe and occasionally writing some of them down. After completing a degree in genetics and discovering she still wasn’t grown-up enough for a ‘real’ job, she decided to return to those story worlds still spinning around her imagination. These days she spends much of her ...more

City of Wishes (7 books)
  • The Memory Thief (City of Wishes #1)
  • The Moonlight Masquerade (City of Wishes #3)
  • The Eternal Night (City of Wishes #4)
  • The Starlight Quest (City of Wishes #5)
  • City of Wishes 6: The Everafter Wish