Start by marking “Asylum” as Want to Read:
Asylum

Asylum

Bianca knows darkness, she knows what it feels like to be broken down and destroyed. She knows death, she has tasted it and it no longer scares her.

After attempting to take her life, Bianca is moved to a mental health facility in order to heal. She believes it's more that her mum just can't be bothered to look after her. At the facility she meets Bodhi, Gideon, Fisher,
Published May 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Asylum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Asylum

Start your review of Asylum
Tiffany
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had put off this book for a little while because the blurb didn't make me super interested. But I am glad that I finally read it in a moment of just really needing a book to read. There were some small issues but really it was a good book for me, a little rushed but not too bad. And it didn't leave me wanting to know what happens next.
Coco.V
Jun 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (6/17/2019)!
Kathleen
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Great story powerful words to learn and love by. Thanks for the journey. I enjoyed the characters greatly. Read it!
Kristin
Heavy

This book deals with a lot of heavy trauma in the beginning. Sexual abuse, physical abuse, and suicide. It's not easy to read at times. However, there is healing and growth which I loved. It actually is the majority of the story at the end and nice to read. I wish there was more actually of these characters. I loved the twins and thought Bodhi was just precious. There are some steamy scenes as well. It mentions some mm, but there really isn't any. There is some talking about things but it's
Ash
Easy going.

TRIGGER WARNING! (Read story blurb and warnings before reading please)

NA. Contemporary Romance. Rh. 3 guys. Medium Burn. Mental Institution setting. HEA. Standalone. I like this story. The rh relationship was easy, which I think was really nice after the heart wrenching drama that occurred.
Marni J Harmon
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this book

I really love this story. I would love to know more of the future for Anka and her family. Lots of emotions.
Sarah Elizabeth
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing

So sweet yet an emotional roller coaster! Wish there was more book but ended very sweet. Can’t get over how great all the characters are
Boo
I enjoyed it

Trigger warning! This sorry broke my heart and slowly put it back. The MC is a strong girl to go through all she did and come out amazing. And the boys she falls for. Amazing! That twist with Silas I didn’t see coming, but loved it.
Erin Williams
May 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
I'm sorry.... But what the heck did I just read?

I usually don't write reviews but I just had to on this one. Besides lack of punctuation, the story line was so far fetched that it was completely unbelievable. It was just not very good.
Tina
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a story that touched delicate subjects but was handled with care and love and was very well written.
Alyrica
May 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Conflicted - Spoilers!!!!!!!!

There were aspects that I really liked and some that frustrated the heck out of me. This author definitely has potential and this was a more positive than negative experience.

What I Liked:
The overall feeling of acceptance, love, choosing your family and hope was great. When I finished reading, I was left with happy feelings.
The good characters. There were a lot of wonderful characters in this book. Though I didn't feel I knew all of them well, they were all distinct
Charlotte
May 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: triggers
Interesting Read

This book has an interesting idea behind it's plot which I haven't seen done too many times and it was this that originally grabbed my attention. points definitely go to Sammy King for taking 'taboo' subjects and handling them in a sensitive manner. The book started off very well and I was thinking wow this book could be amazing and it certainly had the potential to be. Sammy king writes well and although I could often predict where the story was going I still enjoyed it one the
Casey
May 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting story

I really enjoyed this book. The characters were interesting and plot intriguing. There were humorous moments, frightening ones, and passionate times. There were some editing mistakes and sentences that were structured wrong or made no sense but otherwise it was a good story.
Suzanne
May 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Nice story but kind of unbelievable *possible spoilers*

First off, I have a hard time with any book that has poor editing. I dont know if this is self published or not but the poor grammar and use of incorrect words made it hard to get through.

What I had the hardest time with though was I didnt believe the characters. The MC was abused, bullied and sexually assaulted in her past and suddenly she can stand up for herself and tell her story to complete strangers. I don't find that believable. The
BookLover (Brooke)
May 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
What the f*** did I just read? This story is unbelievably ridiculous. It covers some tough topics which when done well can make a story but here it's glorified and sometimes laughable and then shoved into a reverse harem to make it mental illness and being institutionalized seem desirable.
Coupled with the grammatical errors and plot holes - well it appears some people don't mind.
After researching, I found numerous books by this author (with sub-par covers) which has me thinking she's a quantity
Shanene Wayne
May 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
I’m not sure

I thought this would have been different. Bianca trying to commit suicide and ending up in a mental facility. Where she meets her guys who become more than just hers but family. I so wanted to like this but it was annoying to read a third person book! I finished it because I liked the characters I just feel like this was really poor executed!
Jennifer Paulet
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book

I liked the storyline and the open dialogue between the characters. The subject matter was intense but was treated with respect. I look forward to reading more
Gwen
rated it did not like it
May 05, 2019
Andrea
Jun 18, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Lost & Found
  • Silent Omen (The Eighth Transgressor #3)
  • Deadly Omen (The Eighth Transgressor #2)
  • Mysterious Omen (The Eighth Transgressor #4)
  • Ending Omen (The Eighth Transgressor #1)
  • Savage Royals (Boys of Oak Park Prep, #1)
  • Addie (Pack of Misfits #1)
  • Rage (Her Monsters Book 1)
  • Broken Silence
  • Lads & Lattes (High School Clowns & Coffee Grounds #1)
  • Envious Omen (The Eighth Transgressor #5)
  • Smoke and Wishes (Best Wishes #1)
  • Hidden River Academy (Hidden River Academy, #1)
  • Boys Next Door (Boys Next Door, #1)
  • Infected (Releasing the Magic, #1)
  • Try to Ruin Me
  • Void
  • The Tracker Hive Academy: Year One (Jade Storm Tracker #1)
Sammy King born in 1976 in Melbourne Victoria, to a beautiful couple Dot and John.

Raised in Melbourne with her younger sister Karen and her two younger brothers Joel and Jack, she has lived over most of Victoria. Sammy is now married to David with three teenage sons Shannon, Samuel and Peter and her two fur babies Emma and Raven.

Sammy has been writing for most of her life, her very first story to