Start by marking “An August Harvest” as Want to Read:
An August Harvest

An August Harvest

At 32 years old, acclaimed architect, Grant Nash had it all. He was living the American dream: a beautiful wife and child, a gorgeous home, a booming business and great friends.

And then...in 2.8 seconds...his entire life shattered into small pieces before his eyes.

All that remained of his once fairytale life was his fading faith, fractured heart, his dog, Charley and t
Published April 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about An August Harvest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An August Harvest

Start your review of An August Harvest
Anne OK
Nov 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
A new-to-me-author whose book brought tears and laughter. It's a multi-layered love story with an array of diversity in the cast of characters, including a very determined and charming dog named Charley who steals the show.

An architect who faces a turning point in his life after unimaginable trials and tribulations confronts the possibilities of happiness. Along the way there's plenty of mystery, danger, resilience and love. Emotionally well-rounded -- and also chock-full of heartwarming "Godwi
Sandra
Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Love

This book was amazing! I read every day and this is the best book I have read in the last year. It made me cry and laugh and just was full of love. I am an animal lover and Charley was the best. I was sad when the book ended. I wanted it to go on and on.
Ncaress
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Much More Than I Expected

I am a romance reader who likes a guaranteed HEA...because I know in real life that isn't always the case. I had never read a novel by this author, didn't know his style and I don't usually read books written in first person POV. I couldn't put it down. It's not perfect. I found a few errors that should have been caught in editing...but what a good story. I laughed, I cried, (and I'm not inclined to cry) and by the very end was smiling again. A hero, a damsel in distress
Katie Alley
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow !

When I first saw the short summary of this book I thought it sounded interesting. It took me a couple of months to get to read it but I was not disappointed when I opened the book. This book grabs you at the first paragraph and does not let go until the last word. It was a terrific read and I am so glad I took the chance on an author that I did not know. Now I can't wait to get to his next book and I'm prepared to spend all night reading that one to the end. Thank you Mr Marney for a wonde
Ginny Nickles
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Against all odds!

So many incredibly sad events, with so many amazing outcomes. I loved the characters, with only a couple of exceptions! I especially loved Charley; I love books with animals in them. It reminded me of Richard Paul Evan's "The Walk" series, and W. Bruce Cameron's "A Dog's Purpose" series. I love those books and this book has joined them on my "favorites" list. As with the afore-mentioned books, you need a box of tissues for much of the book!
Beth Shoemaker
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this in one setting

Mr Marney is a new author for me. An August Harvest is not my typical read. I fell in love almost immediately with everyone, especially Charlie. I laughed out loud. I cried. I yelled. I could not stop reading. It gave me the "feel goods." Do not pass August Harvest up. You will not put it down. I've already started another one of Ben's stories. My new favorite author.
Debbie Jett whitehead
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! That’s about all I can say. This book sat in my Kindle for 3 months where I had downloaded it but never read it. That was a mistake. This is one of the best books I have read in a long time. It’s is a clean romance that has turns you won’t see coming. I laughed and I cried. This will be one I read again and again.
Peggy
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Moving and emotional read

I could not stop reading. All the characters were interesting and well developed as was the plot. We all go through hard times and find it difficult to reconcile why God allows bad things. But in the end as with this story we know that God is most important and to him goes all the glory.
Barbara Shea
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I really enjoyed this book. It was very emotional but educational also. The drs told medical facts about liver disease. Also about mental illness. It made me laugh & cry a lot. Love dog stories. I will definitely recommend this book to everyone. You won’t be disappointed.
Joan mooney
May 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

This is one of the sappiest love story/want-to-be thrillers I’ve ever read. It’s a great book and a dog is the biggest character in the story. This is the story of a man who has had far too much heartbreak in his life. He’s lost. He’s devastated and his best friend is one amazing dog. I loved this book.
Karen Detillion
Jun 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down

I would actually give this a 4.8 rating because of some of the language (I just tried to skip over those). But I couldn't stop reading this book. Loved the characters (especially Charley the dog). There was mystery, suspense, heartbreak, and love. One of the best books I have read in a while.
johanna kolb
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spine tingling

Another great yarn from a master of suspense. Not as intricate as his other creations and easy to read.
Grant and Charlie are a great combo with a wonderful cast of characters in the mix.
Fantastic work
Sandra G. Ashworth
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent....great read!

Very exciting! Loved the pace of this book..every page was full of so much... joy, sadness, love, suspense...everything you could want in a book! Don't miss it!!
Kathi
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!!

I laughed, I cried, swore, got enraged, and all around emotional. I have never read a book like this!
I read a sample and was hooked. I thought I knew what was happening,, not!!
Thank you for writing this wonderful book. It's beyond compare!
winfred c nason
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down

Boy, did this book have my emotions in a turmoil. I laughed and cried at different times. Literally could not put it down. On the few occassions that I did, I couldn't forget about it.
Well done.
Jackie
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, I cried bucket loads. I definitely recommend you read it, so much loss to eventually find his happy ever after, hopefully?? Well written and you could actually visualise the characters stood in front of you.
Kathy Manning
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book with unexpected twists & turns.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book!! Lots of unexpected twists & turns in the story. A very good read that will leave you with a smile on your face. I will definitely be reading more books by this author.
John E. Donovan
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
... and an august book!

A wonderful book, with wonderful characters, interesting plot twists, and dialogue that will likely bring you, both, laughs and tears, as you follow the tumultuous life of the main character, and those who are most significant in his journey of, both, loss and of hope. AND, if you happen to be a dog lover, you will find the canine in the story to be especially loveable and, well, unique .. in an otherworldly sort of way. A fun, and emotional book, both , and definitely a b
Pamela Smithsted
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
It was sappy. I read half of it, only because I liked the dog, but even the dog was far fetched. Neurological buzzes, rapid heartbeats, and unlikely coincidences abound, So do errors in spelling and grammar and missing words. "God's will" was well represented. ...more
Gerri Johnson
Feb 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
This story turned out to be nothing like I thought it would! It's a deeply moving book that will take you to major highs and lows! Charley is a dog who is psychic and foresees everything that's going to his master. This author definitely has a twist to his writing. ...more
Cathy Stanton
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book

I could not put this down. All of the ups and downs, laughter and drama was beautifully written. One of my most favorite books.
Alice LaJuett
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good

This book is so good! Other than the language, it was a read that keeps you glued to it! A must read
Shirley Brown
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Book

This book is just incredible. It has love, laughter, sadness, a great dog 🐕named Charley and you don't want to put it down once you start reading it.
janet danowski
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very moving story. I really enjoyed this.
Cornelia Watson
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, heartfelt

Five stars because that's all they give you to use. I laughed, I cried, got angry and then I finished the book.
Kristin Turman
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Loved this book! Hard to put down yet easy to get back into when I had to! Strong characters and lots of twists!
Carole Beasley
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lovely Book

First you will need a large towel. This is beautifully written book well worth the read. The interactions of the characters is great.
Elsie
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
Holding review pending completion of Maxy Award reading.
ELIZABETH
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good book

Good book. Quick read and a few great twists not expected. If you need a quick read this is a good one to pick.
Sharon Buckley
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
New author for me. Loved this book. Good thing I’m retired because once I started reading it I couldn’t put it down.

• Hell is Empty (Detective Tony Pantera, #1)
  • Floating Twigs
  • While You Walked By
  • We Were Brave
  • The Purger (Detective Tony Pantera, #2)
  • Canaries' Song
  • One Wrong Turn
  • Dovetail
  • Turn Back Time
  • Maggie's Turn
  • Savage: Two lives linked across time by blood and destiny...
  • I Am Gypsy: Proceeds Go To Hurricane Michael Relief
  • An Unfinished Story

News & Interviews

Jordan Morris is a comedy writer and podcaster whose credits include @Midnight, Unikitty! and Earth to Ned.  The sci-fi comedy Bubble is his...