Start by marking “Magic Man (The Good Guys)” as Want to Read:
Magic Man (The Good Guys)

Magic Man

(The Good Guys)

CASEY
I’ve been putting my son first for so long that I’ve forgotten how to be me. Each monotonous day bleeds into the next, and I feel like I’m struggling to keep my head above water.
But a kiss at the top of a Ferris wheel with a man I barely know changes that.
Jay reminds me that I used to be bold. Vivacious. Funny.
Strong.
Now if only I could convince him his past mistakes
Published September 21st 2019 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Magic Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magic Man

Start your review of Magic Man (The Good Guys)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Magic Man is the newest addition to The Good Guys series by Jamie Schlosser. Of course, this is the first book I’ve read of this series but I loved it so much that I already have purchased the previous books in the series and plan to start at the beginning. Each book can be read as a stand alone.

magic man jamie schlosser - Google Search

Casey Maxwell didn’t plan to follow in her mother’s footsteps and end up pregnant at sixteen years old. But she fell for a smooth talking bad boy who was now in prison. Now at age eighteen, she has a tod
Book-Bosomed  blog
4.75 Stars

Jay Langston, 22, is a reformed drug dealer trying to make amends for his mistakes. Single mom Casey Maxwell, 18, is just trying to get by and raise her young son on her own. (Dad is Mackenna’s psycho ex from Dropout.) Though it seems like a shaky foundation to build a solid relationship on, if anyone can pull it off, it’s the magic man.

Actually if anyone can pull that off, it’s Jamie Schlosser. Full disclose, I typically pass on by romance books where either the hero or heroine has a
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Jamie Schlosser Fans, Romance
5 Real-Life Challenges & Answers Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free-It's Live!!!
Real Life is not always pretty...It can have you in situations which will test your strength and courage. The chances of us experiencing relationships with secret billionaires, surprise inheritance or some glamorous outcome could be classified as slim to none. We read many books with all of those premises. They are fun. They can take you away from the stress of the day...and I happen to thoroughly enjoy them.

But sometimes
Book Snob Sue
Wooooooooooow. All the stars. There is a reason that I am dubbed a Jamie Schlosser Super Fan and this book shows exactly why I am. I floved this book so much, it pulled my heart in the best possible ways. I felt every single emotion that these two felt. When they laughed, I laughed, when they cried, I cried, I mean every single emotion. I was on the same journey as they were, and it felt amazing. Honestly, I can’t even put into words how this book made me feel, but since I am already a Jamie Sch ...more
Lori R.
LOVED, LOVED, LOVED!!
I could not wait for this book!!
It had everything I needed and more.

These good guys keep getting better and better.

We first met Jay in Dropout (book 3). He wasn’t making the best decisions and needed some serious redeeming. The author did not disappoint!

I’m amazed at how quickly I fell for these characters. By the end of the prologue , I already loved Jay.
By the end of chapter one, I already cared for Casey and wanted to be her best friend.

This story, so beautifully wri
Cali Gals
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a read! This story is full of heart and demonstrates a fierce protectiveness that makes me melt.

Casey is an AMAZING young mom that has a resiliency that is so impressive. Her love for her baby boy is so beautiful. She is living a life of poverty and hard work.

Jay is an amazing shining star to this already emotional story. His feelings of unworthiness break my heart. He has done his time and owns the choices of his youth. When he returns, how he quietly watches over Casey and her son is wo
Heather Hansard
Shelves: 2019arcs
Best I have read to date by Jamie Schlosser! Seriously didn't think anything would top Dropout,but I was wrong! Casey was so strong and independent,Jay was so caring and protective, and little "dewey" (jewelry) obsessed Gus stole my heart! All the Good Guys series are great,hope there will be many more to come!
Katerina
Nov 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I don’t know with this book.

I understand that he’s a better man now. Clean. Has done his stint in jail. He deserves a life for himself. But the facts remain...

“Says the dozens of dealers I sold drugs to. Says the thousands who are now addicted, passed out in a gutter somewhere because of me. Addiction ruins futures. Ends marriages. It even kills people.“

He was both an abuser of drugs and a seller, so it was a double edged sword. The trade being passed down by his dad and money being made due t
Keri Loves Books
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dreaming Of A Family

An incredible romance that brings you through the harsh reality of life. This story will break your heart and then make you believe in good guys and second chances.

He’s a former felon working to move forward and not be defined by his past. She’s a young, single mother trying to make ends meet and break the cycle of poverty to give for her son more than she had.

Jay never really had a choice when it came to Casey, because once he saw her, his life was forever changed. She was h
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
5 Cranky Stars

I just want to sprinkle powder sugar on Jay and lick it off him then slap his scruffy handsome face for breaking my heart. Ok breaking Casey’s heart but that’s neither here nor there. I thought surely you can’t love someone as much as you love Travis and boy was I wrong. He’s a magic man mama!

Jay has made some bad decisions in his life and done the time for it. His one act before he went to the slammer was gifting money to Casey because he knew her life was about to get hard. Now t
Jennifer Scarn
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Long list of what I love about this book. First off - it’s a stand-alone but I absolutely recommend reading the others because they’re great. Total re-reads. Our Hero starts off making some pretty bad mistakes in his young life and he’s off to prison, but before he goes he begins his path to redemption. Over the course of the book we see his determination to right his wrongs and that’s refreshing. Jay is the embodiment of light, hope and determination and at the same time so is our heroine, just ...more
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
I’m 100% sure that I wouldn’t like my daughters dating a ex drug user and a drug dealer. If he was a good man in the first place he wouldn’t have sold drugs and where does he sell these drugs and to whom? Schools and children?
Hard pass! Don’t care how much safe this book is or how “amazing” reviews said this man is.
Peggy M
‘The good guys’ series is one of my favourite new adult series, so I’m always excited and happy when a new book comes out. And I was especially intrigued about this story because we already met Jay in the third book ‘Dropout’. In that story we met Jay as a friend of Jimmy (the main man character in that story). Sadly, in that story Jay is involved with drugs and he got even Jimmy in trouble with it. But in the end he did the right thing and took the blame for what happened. So I was really curio ...more
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
This was outstanding!!!! I never thought that the perfection of Trucker could be topped but this one is up there with it. Longer review to come.
EpicRomanceReviews
❤~🌟~❤ 5 MAJESTIC STARS! ❤~🌟~❤

“Sometimes we don’t get to choose who we love.”

MAGIC MAN left me completely and utterly transfixed!

Fact: I simply cannot get enough of Jamie Schlosser’s Good Guys series! And I am a SUCKER for a heart wrenching redemption tale. So, when I discovered that MAGIC MAN revolves around an ex-felon turner carnival magician who is looking for atonement—and becomes an unlikely white knight to a sweet and sassy single mom, I was already riding that cotton candy induced hig
Megan Lowe
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. It’s not too big on drama, heavy on the love, but I like that. Its sweet while still being hot.
Casey is a strong single mother trying to do her best.
Gus is adorable and I liked that he wasn’t bound by gender norms here.
Jay was great. I’m a sucker for characters with flaws and bad pasts. I loved seeing him with Gus especially.
As I said, this book isn’t heavy on drama, but isn’t all hearts and flowers either. It’s real and I like that. If you want something real, this is the boo
Paula Genereau
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my. Casey and Jay's story will have you sucked in and begging for more. I loved it so much.
Melanie Moreland
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This magic man had one huge ace up his sleeve and he stole my heart. Jay's wish for a family and the one he created with Casey touched my heart. His love and caring, her strength and sweetness, and little Gus-Gus's jewelry fascination (the kid is right up my alley) made this heart-warming story sing.
Barbara
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I simply adored this book! One thing you can always count on with Jamie’s books is feeling the events and characters emotions all the way to your soul and trust me Magic Man is no different. I laughed, cried, smiled and so much more right along with Casey, Jay and little Gus. The storyline will warm your heart, break it a time or two and piece it back together. I have no doubt that the various events of the storyline have touched us all in one way or another in our own lives and the authors hand ...more
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
5 wonderful stars!!

This is another “Good Guy” novel and I think it may be my favorite!! This can be read as a stand alone.

Casey~ I’m just a young soon to be mom trying to make a change. But I will never forget the mysterious “Magic Man”...

Jay~ I knew the minute I saw her that I will never forget her. Too bad I’m a junkie about to go to the slammer...

Omg I love this book. First of all, junkie or not Jay is my absolute favorite!! Casey is one kick ass mom. And these two together?!?! Brilliant!!

T
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

Its been a while since I wanted to REALLY savor a book, but Magic Man is...was LIFE CHANGING! Sincerely sweet, hot as hell and completely and irrevocably heart AND soul melting, Magic Man was EVERY-EFFING-THING!

Jay is the BEST hero yet! His undeniable protective nature and thoughtfulness mixed with his jaw dropping good looks make him the most SWOON worthy hero I have ever met. He captured my heart from the VERY beginning to the VERY end. And Casey...she is inc
Britt The Hatters
Shelves: faves, 2019-favorites
Magic Man quickly became one of my favorite books of the year. Both heartbreaking and unbelievably sweet all at the same time Casey and Jay’s story not only grabs you immediately it continues to pull you deeper and deeper into the story until the world around you ceases to exist. Jamie Schlosser once again manages to deliver a story that is not only unique but full of deep emotion and some of the best romance out there with Magic Man!
Jay stole my heart immediately. Even as a self proclaimed “bad
Brandy Roberts
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OkI loved loved loved Magic man it would be the first book that I've read by Jamie Schlosser and I can't wait to go make and be introduced to characters that make an appearance in this one . Was hooked from the very first page loved everything that happened . The characters were really likeable liked the fact that we got both point of views just to see were every ones head was at . I can't wait to read more by the author .
Queen B
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Magic Man was kind of magical.

Jay and Casey’s story felt real, complete with hardships, heart breaking moments and decisions, and difficult pasts. Jay originally meets Casey at a difficult point in both their lives. Jay’s about to go to prison and Casey is a pregnant teenager, discovering the truth of her boyfriend. Jay gives her some cash to help her out, and spends the next two years in prison thinking of her and worrying about her.

Upon release he does his best to check on her, from afar. A li
Jamie
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a cute, refreshing read!! I love single parent romances and this was a perfect one for me!
Marika Ray
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely LOVED this book by Jamie Schlosser!!! I've read lots of good books, but this one stayed with me throughout the day when I couldn't be reading. That to me is a sign of a GREAT book. The characters came alive and I could feel their love for one another, their growing trust in each other, and even their painful losses. I love it when a heroine is real and believable and yet still kick ass, and that's exactly what Jamie delivered. The book was full of Jay's magic tricks, but most of all ...more
Emma Johnston
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant book story from Jamie Schlosser. Magic Man was beautiful and sweet rolled into one, and it quickly became one of my favourite books of 2019.

Stories like this one are the reason single parent novels are my favourite.
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Jamie Schlosser has created pure magic packed with heart and heat in this brand new standalone release and oh my gosh y'all! THIS. BOOK. Seriously, be still my fast beating heart because this romance was just... everything I needed it to be and Jay and Casey were so beautifully written.

The Good Guys series has been really, really good to date... a series about wholesome actual good guys who are sexy, sweet, safe, swoony, and so easy to fall for with journeys filled with hope, redemption,
Carrie
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jay & Casey's story is EXCELLENT!!! All the heart eye emojis!! I was SOOOO thrilled to learn Jay was getting a story. He intrigued me the first time I read Droupout. I'm always on the lookout for seemingly only supporting characters to break out & get their own books. :D

I love the way these two are with each other. Their sweetness, vulnerability & love leap off the page. And GUS! Oh my goodness, he is such a sweet & shiny addition to this story. His interactions w/ his Day... *hearts*

We get ba
Jen Zingaro
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with these characters by Chapter 3. BY CHAPTER 3, I couldn't put this down.

A reformed criminal, a young single mom and just the most adorable toddler named Gus.
The magic tricks, the jewels and Casey.
The Whole Good Guys series by Jamie Schlosser has been some of my favorite books.
There is just so much heart and feelings to the writing, characters and story line that I will continue to read all of these books.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Romance Retreat: New MAGIC MAN teaser! 1 9 Sep 24, 2019 07:11AM
Romance Retreat: MAGIC MAN cover reveal!! 4 8 Sep 06, 2019 11:57AM

• Hooking Up With My Dad's Best Friend
  • His Virgin Queen
  • Faking It For Mr. Right
  • The Royal Rogue (Nordic Royals, #4)
  • Room 143
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Vampire Bait
  • Wicked Brat
  • Sweet Treat
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • Gage (Love Under the Lights, #1)
  • Rush: The Beginning (Black Hearts Still Beat, #1)
  • Hard Place (Hard to Love, #1)
  • The Plus Ones (The Brooklyn Book Boyfriends, #4)
  • Obsessed
  • Cherry Bomb
  • Her First Noel (Curves for Christmas, #4)
  • The BEARy Possessive Grizzly (Bear Clan, 5)
Jamie Schlosser writes new adult romance, romantic comedy, and fantasy/paranormal romance. When she isn't creating perfect book boyfriends, she's a stay-at-home mom to her two wonderful kids. She believes reading is a great escape, otters are the best animal, and nothing is more satisfying than a happily-ever-after ending.

The Fae King's Curse is LIVE: https://amzn.to/2XJKD4f

Stay up to date with al

The Good Guys (6 books)
  • Trucker (The Good Guys)
  • Dancer (The Good Guys)
  • Dropout (The Good Guys)
  • Outcast (The Good Guys)
  • Loner