Start by marking “Angel #0” as Want to Read:

(Angel #0)

Super Secret storyline
Paperback
Published April 17th 2019 by Boom! Studios

To ask other readers questions about Angel #0, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel #0

Start your review of Angel #0
Nathan Haines
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ooo I am thoroughly intrigued.

Quite a lot happened for the first issue of a comic, which is a nice change from other first issues. I also really love the artwork.

A very strong start for the new Angel series.
Kendra Chanocua corona
Spicy and sweet

Angel was a favorite character of mine and seeing this issue made me so happy. I can't wait to see what roads we go down with angel in the next issue.
Keifer Duncan
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This seems promising. I love the artwork and the storyline so far.
Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)
Eh... it's just not as fresh as the Buffy series. Because Angel lives outside high school his stories and lack of interaction with modern times means his stories are a little timeless so... it feels less new, more repetitive... also Angel only worked because of Cordelia and Wesley and Fred and Gunn... without any of them, what's the point?
Kim
BOOM! announced that they were publishing Prologue about a week before it was released, which meant that there was a bit of furore online about it. I will say that Hill does a great job of establishing who Angel is for the uninitiated (if I had to sum him up in one word? Broody), but I feel like this issue didn't really hit the mark the way I wanted it to.

Given that this issue opens with three pages of artwork from the fourth issue of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I feel like it's fair to compare ar
jesaiah
Jan 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Lola
It was a nice surprise to see Angel #0 included amongst the comic books I picked up last week. The good folks at Green Brain Comics thought I might like it since I read Buffy the Vampire Slayer so they included with my regular purchases. They were right.

I am currently (slowly) making my way through both Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel the Series. I like Buffy much more than I like Angel, but Angel does have a distinctive flavor that I do enjoy. It will be interesting to see how they incorpo
Rita
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Looks like the new Buffy reVamp series is getting its companion reVamp Angel series as well. I wonder how much overlap they will have, if it'll be like the shows, running in parallel with some occasional crossovers. This first issue was enough for me to add the series to my monthly subscription at my local comic book store, but I'm still waiting to see where things will go before I fully commit to it. There were entirely new characters in this issue which threw me a bit but that might have been ...more
James Rodrigues
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Considering how intertwined the original Angel TV series could be with Buffy The Vampire Slayer, it makes complete and utter sense the comic series would also be intertwined. Spinning off from Buffy issue #4, Bryan Hill gives a great reimagining of the Vampire with a soul. It opens with a stunning rendition of Angelus committing atrocities and regaining his soul, depicted by Gleb Melnikov's haunting illustrations. After that, it allows us to understand what he has been doing, who he engages with ...more
Shakira
The artwork goes with the story(though I do prefer the artwork in Buffy (2019)). I know that Angel's show start a little while later from Buffy. I haven't watched Angel yet,so I can't really say, but I wish the comic didn't come out the same time Buffy did. I could have been a little more immersed in this new Buffy verse and then I could have gotten excited for more with Angel. At least they show that Magick has consequences and it's not something that's fun or to be trusted.
Nom Chompsky
Sep 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic
Kori ☾
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it
They are changing his soul origin story. Not cool. Eh I have the 1st issue to read as well. Don't care much for it though after reading this.
Wendy Bocock
Apr 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Read Angel #0 Second (2nd) Printing Variant, with blue cover.
Deniz
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comix, single-issues
I liked the opening. Continuing with the series.
melissa
Jul 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buffy, comics
Dare I say a long time non-fan of angel say that I actually like this one comic more than the ‘school is hell’ issues. Well this is confusing.... happy to read on though!
Jess
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Why do I always forget how much I love Angel?
I loooved the art style! Loved this little prequel
H
Jul 15, 2019 added it
Interesting. I don't know much about Angel outside of the Buffy cannon, but the prologue worked enough to spark my interest in perhaps trying out his story line.
Zuza
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Angel was always my favorite character from The Buffy tv show.
Sahara Heffernan
May 05, 2020 rated it liked it
It's pretty short and this story gets reimagined in the vol 1 being human Angel re-boot
Reggie Virus
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved!!! So much happened and the art ugh love it all.
Jenette
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not entirely sure why I’m reading this, I’m not a fan of Angel at all.
Damian

• Buffy the Vampire Slayer #2
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer #3
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer #7
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer #8
  • Welcome Back to the Hellmouth (Hellmouth #1)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer #9
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Chosen Ones #1
  • Welcome Back to the Hellmouth Part 2 (Hellmouth #2)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer #10
  • Hellmouth #3
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer #11
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel: Hellmouth #4
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel: Hellmouth #5
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer #12
Bryan Hill is a screenwriter, photographer, tv writer, and director. He is known for his work on the DC show TITANS and for his work in comics, most notably his outings on DETECTIVE COMICS, POSTAL, AMERICAN CARNAGE, KILLMONGER and ANGEL.
His writing is infused with esoteric principles, which can also be found in his photography and music.
He lives and works in Los Angeles.

Angel (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Angel #1