Start by marking “Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry” as Want to Read:
Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry

Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry

(Pudding Pantry #2)

Cosy up with the new novel in the Pudding Pantry series, full of love, laughter, kisses under the mistletoe, and plenty of delicious pudding!

The first snow is falling over Primrose Farm, the mince pies are warming, and Rachel can’t wait to share a kiss under the mistletoe with her gorgeous new flame, Tom.

If only it was all comfort and joy . . . The arrival of Tom’s ex brin
Published October 31st 2019 by One More Chapter

To ask other readers questions about Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry

Start your review of Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry
Ceecee
Oct 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a so so read for me. I liked the start with the recipe for mince pies which evoked some lovely memories of my mums which were melt in the mouth and utterly delicious! I liked the characters of Rachel, Jill and Maisy Swinton and I liked the idea of the Pudding Pantry and wish we had one nearby as it did seem lovely and cosy. There were some nice descriptions in some of the events as we led up to Christmas such as the Christmas Fayre , the Christmas Eve Carol Service and the school nativi ...more
Alayne Emmett
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was another lovely book in the series. Having read the first one recently it was easy to get into as I knew all the characters from the before.
It had all the recipes dotted throughout the book but this time they were Christmas ones.
It was a lovely read and made Christmas feel much nearer.
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry is an enchanting book that is heartwarming and full of festive cheer.

At Primrose Farm Rachel and her mother Gill are running the farm and striving to make their new business The Pudding Pantry succeed. Now that the tourist season has dried up they need to come up with some new ideas to keep the cafe afloat.

The perfect book to get yourself into the festive mood. Snuggle down with a mince pie and a glass of wine. I loved the recipes that had been passed on thr
Frenchorchidea
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Second book in the Pudding Pantry series by Caroline Roberts and I loved it as much as the first book! It's such a cozy read with very nice and caring people in it living in a very picturesque place but with lots of hard work. It's also full of puddings and other yumminess . This book also is full of nostalgia that feels the main character and it made my heart squeaze at multiple times during my read. I found this book very beautiful and I really command it! 4 stars out of 5 for me!
Julia
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
More of a 2.5. It wasn’t for me, far too twee and nothing really eventful happens. I skimmed through most of it!
Lisa M
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Delicious! The perfect tale to snuggle in with leading up to the festive season. This book touches on so many topics, it has something to suit almost everyone.

Baking and farming are front and centre and I'm pleased that Rachel is still farming as it added an excellent eye opener into the way of farming life; the scenes around the snow drift were all too real and an unfortunate reality of some of the harsh winters we can get now. But there is also a lot of love and laughter along the way. I ador
Julia
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Christmas At Rachel’s Pudding Pantry by Caroline Roberts is the most delightful heart-warming contemporary novel that will really get you in the festive mood. It follows on from Rachel’s Pudding Pantry but can be read as a stand-alone. I would recommend reading both of these charming novels.
Christmas is a time for memories – remembering the old and making new. “Memories were catching up… the rawness of losing her Dad still a haunting feeling.” Loss is very acute. Rachel and her Mum, Jill ‘feel’
Stacey
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a delightfully festive and mouthwatering read by the talented Caroline Roberts. I had been looking forward to reading this since I had seen the cover revealed on Twitter quite some weeks ago. I really loved the first in the series, it was so deliciously heart warming (as well as mouthwatering!) that I had hoped there would be another one. The cover is so Christmassy and pretty I was so excited to be back at Rachel's Pudding Pantry.

I adore Caroline Roberts' style of writing, the way she desc
Karen Barber
Dec 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
The second in the series, this creates a cosy Christmas mood - and the recipes/focus on food is definitely a wonderful seasonal mood-enhancer.
This time around, we have Rachel finding the initial glut of customers drying up and trying to work out how to survive Christmas. Things are progressing nicely with farming neighbour Tom, although there is a somewhat inevitable potential spanner in the works.
From the opening recipe for mince pies, the real delight here is the puddings. I am determined to t
Kathy - Books & Munches
The first thing coming to mind is the main character, Rachel. She's 24, mom and owner of a farm. I'm 27, mom and can hardly handle my own household? You bet your asses I looked up to her from the start, haha. In a way, it was weird reading about such a young character. Especially since I expected it to be all about the romance, but looking back.. it didn't really influence my reading experience.

The baking-aspect! Boy! There are several recipes throughout the book. Apart from getting me motivated
Coco
Oct 18, 2019 rated it liked it
When I finally reached The End, I'm sure my teeth hurt after continuously reading about all those puddings, maybe I'm even suffering from a sugar overload. Jill and Rachel spent every moment mixing and baking puddings for the Pudding Pantry, eating them themselves or drinking hot chocolate with cream. I worry for their teeth with all that sugar. I know this is fiction but it sounds a very unhealthy life style.

Serious editing is required to remove the unnecessary padding and correct the mistakes
Sharon Williams
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love the second book in this series. We return to primrose farm to see how jill Rachel and maisey are getting on after the opening of the pudding pantry and how Rachel's Relationship with next door neighbour Tom is going.
Rachel and jill have found buisness a little quite now with not too many holiday makers around so come up with a pudding club as an idea to make more money. Every week follows a theme. After granny ruth produces a award winning Xmas pudding things go crazy.
Jake turns up with n
Alex (Gadget Girl 71)
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-favourites
This is a lovely Christmas book to read. It’s easy to read and it has some really funny parts in it that will make you laugh out loud, no matter where your reading it. I haven’t read the first book in the series, but you really don’t need to.

Meet Rachel Swinton of Primrose Farm, single mother, farmer and brains to her new enterprise the “Pudding Pantry”. Which Rachel and her mother Jill opened earlier in the year in hope of getting their family farm back in the black, as it’s was running very mu
Melanie Mole
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Another glorious Christmas read by Caroline Roberts. All sorts of emotions ran through this book. Each one left me feeling distinctly different in every chapter. But it was evident that all of them arose because of love, and genuine family commitment. Sprinkled with wonderful friendships throughout, the pages bring gifts galore for the reader. A thoroughly heart-warming read to help keep the winter blues away. Wonderful!
Kelly
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: uno-2020
Overall I enjoyed this book, it’s full of yummy recipes and mouthwatering descriptions of pudding so who wouldn’t?! At times I found the main character quite hysterical and selfish which started to border on irritating but I’m pleased to
Say she pulled it back in the last few chapters of the book. A perfect Christmas tale, heartwarming and endearing with lots of puddings!

Lyndsay
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
loved this book cant wait for next one in series
Shirley
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We are back at Primrose farm,catching up with Rachel and her mother Jill at the pudding pantry.With summer season over and business at the cafe dwindling, the ladies need to come up with ideas to put the cafe back on the map. Rachel is juggling being a lone parent, running the farm and pantry whilst also trying to establish her new found relationship with Tom, the farmer next door. A delightful story, plus lots of delicious sounding recipes to try out.
Stephanie
Jan 16, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ok...so, I knew this was likely to be bubblegum for the brain but, man, this book is bad!

The "plot" is extremely weak and, oddly, the most interesting parts are when the plot has been abandoned for what feels like a 12 year old's diary.

The protagonist, Rachel, is thoroughly annoying and utterly self absorbed. She whines on and on about how life is out to get her and how she has no time to spend with her boyfriend, her daughter, her boyfriend, her granny, her boyfriend...

She does manage to fit in
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gorgeous and Christmassy but could be calorific if you made all 12 recipes!
Clare Moore
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to netgalley for a chance to read this book.

Good Christmas read with recipes included. Rachel is trying to keep the farm and her family going following the suicide of her father. Made me fall in love with the pudding pantry and it’s characters.
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Caroline's work for a little while now. I have read most of her books and those that I have read, I have thoroughly enjoyed. I read the first book in this series and I adored it, even if it did make me crave puddings!! I couldn't wait to grab hold of a copy of 'Christmas At Rachel's Pudding Pantry'. Well ladies and gents, the wait is over because 'Christmas At Rachel's Pudding Pantry' was released on 31st October 2019. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it but more about that in a ...more
Gaele
Obsessed with all writers British and their women’s fiction and romance titles, I’d heard wonderful things about Caroline Roberts, and this was my first chance to give her books a whirl – and I’ll admit – I’m hooked! Rachel, her mother Jill and her five year old daughter Maisy have had a rough couple of years after her father’s death. Running the farm and coping with all of that, an absentee father for Maisy and the ever-increasing bills. Trying to make ends meet and find money everywhere they c ...more
Karen
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well worth a read with the inclusion of festive recipes providing a nice extra touch too. And, for me the book itself had all the ingredients for a perfect romcom:

· Budding romance
· Countryside village setting
· Close-knit family
· Cosy friendships
· Entrepreneurial spirit
· Cute animals and children
· Christmas cheer

Yes like most chicklit it follows a tried and tested ‘recipe’ but it’s a formula that works and is one I love. However, this had more breadth than your typical sugar-coated romance. It w
Rachel Gilbey
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Within a chapter or two I was fully back on board with life at Primrose Farm and it was like I hadn't even been away. I am absolutely loving these four generations of women who are fighting to keep the farm solvent and hoping that their newly set up Pudding Pantry will help do just that.

We have Grandma Ruby, who's Christmas pudding is legendary and is generally a wonderful baker. Mum Jill, who loves baking and is still feeling the loss of her husband this festive season. Rachel who the book foc
Claire
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Warning!! You have to make sure you have lots of lovely festive treats and puddings ready to hand to eat while reading!

I absolutely loved the first book in the Pudding Pantry series and was so excited when I got the opportunity to read Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry. How wonderful to be back at Primrose Farm with Rachel, her mum Jill, daughter Daisy, Tom and friends at such a special festive time of year.

In this book each chapter starts with a mouth-watering delicious recipe - They form
Tracy Wood
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2019
Christmas is that perfect period of time when family comes together, presents, memories and good food are shared as the snow lazily falls to earth outside the window and real life is suspended,  for just a little while at least.

That is the fiction of Christmas and this book delivers all of that and more whilst also reminding us how winters in the farming community are anything but an idyllic or easy way of life. Rachel runs her family farm with mother Jill, daughter Maisy and the expertise learn
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Thank you to One More Chapter for letting me take part in this tour and for my copy of this book via Netgalley. I enjoyed Rachel's story in the summer and I have been waiting ever since to get my Christmas fix at Primrose Farm.

Before you start this book I recommend doing some baking (or sh
Nicola Clough
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic from the first page I loved the first one and couldn't wait for this one to come out. Lovely to hear more about Rachel and full of romance with struggles with daily life as well and learning to move forward it's a charming Christmas read and full of Christmas baking and perfect to curl up and read. A heartwarming read and highly recommend it.
Rachel is worried about her pudding pantry he's mums always busy baking amazing puddings but they need to come up with some ideas t
Gingercat
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry, being book 2 in the series, re-introduces the reader to the residents of Primrose Farm. Rachel Swinton and her mother Jill have been running Primrose Farm since the death of Rachel’s father some 2 years earlier. Money is tight. Turning one of the barns into a tea shop, named the Pudding Pantry, seemed an ideal solution, but as winter draws in the number of customers dwindles. Looking for a new plan to keep the farm afloat, Rachel and Jill decide to have a go ...more
Kate Mclaughlin
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A delicious ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ treat that will leave you craving for more.

Back on Primrose Farm for a festive feast of puddings and all is not calm. Since our first visit to the Pudding Pantry, things have gotten a wee bit hectic for Rachel, single mother, farmer, girlfriend and café owner. As the holiday season drawers closer Rachel is being pulled in all directions, the tourist season is over and the Pantry’s customers are dwindling, Masie’s father is back on the scene, Tom, her boyfriend wants to see mor
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Christmas Wish List
  • The Secret Seaside Escape
  • The Cornish Cream Tea Summer
  • A Perfect Cornish Christmas
  • A Cosy Christmas in Cornwall
  • A Christmas Wish and a Cranberry Kiss at the Cosy Kettle (Cosy Kettle, #3)
  • The Winter Garden
  • The Cornish Cream Tea Bus (The Cornish Cream Tea Bus)
  • The Telephone Box Library
  • The Christmas Invitation
  • Kate and Clara's Curious Cornish Craft Shop
  • Rescue Me
  • A Patchwork Family
  • Snowdrops on Rosemary Lane
  • Snowfall in Lantern Square (Lantern Square #4)
  • A Winter Wedding at the Little Duck Pond Cafe (The Little Duck Pond Cafe, #8)
  • Broken Hearts at Brightwater Bay
  • Coming Home (A Patchwork Family, #4)
Family, friends, food, a glass of bubbly and, of course, a good book make me smile. I love writing emotional stories about love, loss, betrayal, and family, that explore how complex and yet beautiful love can be. I also like to write romantic comedy, letting the characters have a bit of flirty fun too! I believe in following your dreams and working hard towards them, which led me to Harper Impulse ...more

Pudding Pantry (2 books)
  • Rachel’s Pudding Pantry
  • Summer at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry (Pudding Pantry, Book 3)