Start by marking “Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry” as Want to Read:
Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry

Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry

(Pudding Pantry #2)

Cosy up with the new novel in the Pudding Pantry series, full of love, laughter, kisses under the mistletoe, and plenty of delicious pudding!

The first snow is falling over Primrose Farm, the mince pies are warming, and Rachel can’t wait to share a kiss under the mistletoe with her gorgeous new flame, Tom.

If only it was all comfort and joy . . . The
Published October 31st 2019 by One More Chapter

To ask other readers questions about Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry

Start your review of Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry
Ceecee
Oct 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a so so read for me. I liked the start with the recipe for mince pies which evoked some lovely memories of my mums which were melt in the mouth and utterly delicious! I liked the characters of Rachel, Jill and Maisy Swinton and I liked the idea of the Pudding Pantry and wish we had one nearby as it did seem lovely and cosy. There were some nice descriptions in some of the events as we led up to Christmas such as the Christmas Fayre , the Christmas Eve Carol Service and the school nativi ...more
Alayne Emmett
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was another lovely book in the series. Having read the first one recently it was easy to get into as I knew all the characters from the before.
It had all the recipes dotted throughout the book but this time they were Christmas ones.
It was a lovely read and made Christmas feel much nearer.
Lisa M
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Delicious! The perfect tale to snuggle in with leading up to the festive season. This book touches on so many topics, it has something to suit almost everyone.

Baking and farming are front and centre and I'm pleased that Rachel is still farming as it added an excellent eye opener into the way of farming life; the scenes around the snow drift were all too real and an unfortunate reality of some of the harsh winters we can get now. But there is also a lot of love and laughter along the way. I ador
Julia
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Christmas At Rachel’s Pudding Pantry by Caroline Roberts is the most delightful heart-warming contemporary novel that will really get you in the festive mood. It follows on from Rachel’s Pudding Pantry but can be read as a stand-alone. I would recommend reading both of these charming novels.
Christmas is a time for memories – remembering the old and making new. “Memories were catching up… the rawness of losing her Dad still a haunting feeling.” Loss is very acute. Rachel and her Mum, Jill ‘
Ruth
Oct 18, 2019 rated it liked it
When I finally reached The End, I'm sure my teeth hurt after continuously reading about all those puddings, maybe I'm even suffering from a sugar overload. Jill and Rachel spent every moment mixing and baking puddings for the Pudding Pantry, eating them themselves or drinking hot chocolate with cream. I worry for their teeth with all that sugar. I know this is fiction but it sounds a very unhealthy life style.

Serious editing is required to remove the unnecessary padding and correct t
Amanda
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Caroline's work for a little while now. I have read most of her books and those that I have read, I have thoroughly enjoyed. I read the first book in this series and I adored it, even if it did make me crave puddings!! I couldn't wait to grab hold of a copy of 'Christmas At Rachel's Pudding Pantry'. Well ladies and gents, the wait is over because 'Christmas At Rachel's Pudding Pantry' was released on 31st October 2019. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it but more about that in a ...more
Kathy - Books & Munches
The first thing coming to mind is the main character, Rachel. She's 24, mom and owner of a farm. I'm 27, mom and can hardly handle my own household? You bet your asses I looked up to her from the start, haha. In a way, it was weird reading about such a young character. Especially since I expected it to be all about the romance, but looking back.. it didn't really influence my reading experience.

The baking-aspect! Boy! There are several recipes throughout the book. Apart from getting
Alex (Gadget Girl 71)
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a lovely Christmas book to read. It’s easy to read and it has some really funny parts in it that will make you laugh out loud, no matter where your reading it. I haven’t read the first book in the series, but you really don’t need to.

Meet Rachel Swinton of Primrose Farm, single mother, farmer and brains to her new enterprise the “Pudding Pantry”. Which Rachel and her mother Jill opened earlier in the year in hope of getting their family farm back in the black, as it’s w
Karen
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well worth a read with the inclusion of festive recipes providing a nice extra touch too. And, for me the book itself had all the ingredients for a perfect romcom:

· Budding romance
· Countryside village setting
· Close-knit family
· Cosy friendships
· Entrepreneurial spirit
· Cute animals and children
· Christmas cheer

Yes like most chicklit it follows a tried and tested ‘recipe’ but it’s a formula that works and is one I love. However, this h
Rachel Gilbey
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Within a chapter or two I was fully back on board with life at Primrose Farm and it was like I hadn't even been away. I am absolutely loving these four generations of women who are fighting to keep the farm solvent and hoping that their newly set up Pudding Pantry will help do just that.

We have Grandma Ruby, who's Christmas pudding is legendary and is generally a wonderful baker. Mum Jill, who loves baking and is still feeling the loss of her husband this festive season. Rachel who the book foc
Claire
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Warning!! You have to make sure you have lots of lovely festive treats and puddings ready to hand to eat while reading!

I absolutely loved the first book in the Pudding Pantry series and was so excited when I got the opportunity to read Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry. How wonderful to be back at Primrose Farm with Rachel, her mum Jill, daughter Daisy, Tom and friends at such a special festive time of year.

In this book each chapter starts with a mouth-watering delicious recipe - They form
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Thank you to One More Chapter for letting me take part in this tour and for my copy of this book via Netgalley. I enjoyed Rachel's story in the summer and I have been waiting ever since to get my Christmas fix at Primrose Farm.

Before you start this book I recommend doing some baking (or shopping
Tracy Wood
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, netgalley
Christmas is that perfect period of time when family comes together, presents, memories and good food are shared as the snow lazily falls to earth outside the window and real life is suspended,  for just a little while at least.

That is the fiction of Christmas and this book delivers all of that and more whilst also reminding us how winters in the farming community are anything but an idyllic or easy way of life. Rachel runs her family farm with mother Jill, daughter Maisy and the exp
Kate Mclaughlin
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A delicious ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ treat that will leave you craving for more.

Back on Primrose Farm for a festive feast of puddings and all is not calm. Since our first visit to the Pudding Pantry, things have gotten a wee bit hectic for Rachel, single mother, farmer, girlfriend and café owner. As the holiday season drawers closer Rachel is being pulled in all directions, the tourist season is over and the Pantry’s customers are dwindling, Masie’s father is back on the scene, Tom, her boyfriend wants to s
Emma
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Pudding Pantry series. I loved the first book, so I was excited to receive an early preview copy of this book from Netgalley and the Publisher. This book can easily be read as a standalone novel but the first book is fabulous, so I would definitely be reading it as well.
This is a lovely seasonal and festive read, very cosy. Each chapter starts with a festive pudding recipe, and then the same pudding appears later in the book, with its own little story. It's t
Joanne D'Arcy
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a lovely festive follow up to Rachel's Pudding Pantry which was released earlier in the year.

Rachel is still at Primrose Farm and her Pudding Pantry has survived the busy summer period but as autumn sets in and Christmas looms, she is starting to worry that the money from the diversification is not going to see them through the winter months.

With some very quiet days to add to her worry there is also the fact that her ex seems to be more involved with someone new
Ritu Bhathal
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
You've got to love a good Christmas based festive story, and I enjoyed the light read that Christmas at Rachel's Pudding Pantry provided.
I haven't read the first book, but this wasn't an issue, as the story works as a stand-alone as well.
Rachel and her mother Jill are rallying around, keeping the family farm going, as well as setting up a new business, the Pudding Pantry, in an old barn, trying to plug the hole of the loss of Rachel's father a couple of years before.
The lead up
Jane Hunt
The Northumberland setting is perfect for a festive edition of the pudding pantry. It is idyllic in many ways, but this story serves up a healthy portion of real life, with its picture-postcard Christmassy setting, and lovely comforting puddings.

After finding friendship can turn to romance Rachel and Tom are hoping for some festive romance, but farming is hard particularly in the winter months, and the pudding pantry is not making enough money now the tourists have gone home. Long ho
Cecilia
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Christmas at Rachel's Pudding Pantry is a lovely, warm Christmas story with recipes, romance, and a rural setting. Now that it's sweater weather (I wait for it all year!), it's time to find cozy, magical Christmas stories and this quick read started me off just right. I'm in the mood now, and am starting to plan my own festive baking, trying a recipe or two from the book.

Rachel, her mother, and her daughter are working hard to keep Primrose Farm going after the death of her father. T
Roberta
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable follow on from Rachel’s Pudding Pantry, which I read a few days ago. Once again, I enjoyed the lovely farm setting, and all the characters. It was good to see that the Pudding Pantry was finally starting to bring in a bit more of a profit towards the end of the book - it’s probably realistic having quite times and the business taking time to get going, but it was nice to see progress.

One thing I did find a little irritating about Rachel, was that for at least a
Eve beinguniquebooks
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rachel, mum Jill, granny Ruth and daughter Maisie are back in a Christmas adventure in their pudding pantry.

As they begin a pudding club which builds in success, Rachel finds herself too busy to see Tom while she discovers her ex has a new girlfriend in tow when he decides to make a rare visit to see Maisie while she discovers Tom's ex is also back, but why?

As the joy of Christmas arrives, hard work and heavy snowfall threaten to make this Christma
Misfits farm
Rachel runs the pudding pantry with her mother Jill. They have the family farm and branched out after Rachel’s father died a short while ago. After the flurry of the summer tourists and visitors have gone and the Pudding Pantry needs to do more business to stay afloat. The Pudding club is born- a twice monthly evening of puds, recipes and discussion of all things pudding. What’s not to like. Rachel has a five year old daughter Maisy, whose father she has split from. Jake is not even good at his ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Now, this is a sweet Christmas story and I did enjoy snuggling up to read it. It is a nice family-based story with good characters and an interesting storyline but for me, there was a little too much emphasis on the puddings. As much as I liked the recipes interspersed with the story, I wanted a bit more story and a little less baking.

There are some really likeable characters in the story, the family is kind and caring. With good friends and a romantic interest or two, there was a go
Kerry Henderson
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rachel is running a farm and her pudding pantry with her mum and daughter. The business is not making much money so she starts coming up with ideas on how to keep afloat. Soon she comes up with an idea of a pudding club. Will it be a success and what about the rest of her life and christmas.

This was such a perfect Christmas read. Theres not a lot of drama in this but the story itself kept me reading. The plot is steady and at times quite comical especially the nativity, The story is filled with
Alison Cairns
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another lovely read. Great characters and I love the idyllic setting they live in. It’s a hard life though, and I enjoyed finding out what had happened since we last met them. It was realistic- no sailing off into the sunset for Rachel and Tom, just hard work and life getting in the way. The writing annoyed me at times, I guess in that part of the country they do say “petal” all the time, but how annoying. A lot of repetitive writing, repeating what we already knew, but it didn’t spoil the lovel ...more
Jewels
Oct 21, 2019 rated it liked it
WARNING - DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU ARE HUNGRY!

I read this on a train journey - I had no refreshments with me and the descriptions of all the gorgeous-sounding puddings made me feel ravenous! I did have to wonder how the characters managed to apparently eat so much and stay slim, but I guess some of them worked on a farm so no doubt needed the fuel!

I read the previous book in this series a while ago so knew most of the characters already. It's not the best writing in the wo
Rachel
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A really cosy winter read. The book has a bit of everything, family, friendship, romance and food. What more could you ask for.
I liked the idea of including the recipes in the book and will definitely be trying to make the Christmas pudding.
A good story about Rachel and her mother trying to keep the pudding pantry afloat whilst running a farm and Rachel being a single mum. Throw in a handsome guy from the next door farm and you add live to the mix.
The only thing I didn’t like about this
Sally Tyrer
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Katie Rushworth
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this feel good book. It made my mouthwater and I'm so jealous of everything they had. This book is part of a series of books that come in pairs eg Rachel's Pudding Pantry and then this one,
The Cosy Christmas Chocolate Shop and then The Cosy Seaside Chocolate Shop
The Cosy Tea Shop In The Castle and The Cosy Christmas Tea Shop.
It doesn't matter what order you read the pairs in but they do have some recurring characters. It was nice to read this and see Emma pop up fr
Kim
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I loved this return to Primrose Farm and the pudding pantry. The family of strong women are trying to keep the café attached to the farm bringing in the customers and friends.
Rachel comes up with the lovely idea of starting a pudding club, where friends can meet fortnightly to sample delicious puddings and share their ideas and generally just chat. I loved this idea and would love to find a similar club.
Ruby, the grandma, has a recipe for a Christmas pudding that proves very popular
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Wedding in December
  • A Cosy Christmas in Cornwall
  • Rewrite the Stars
  • The Gift of Happiness
  • Coming Home to Glendale Hall
  • A Perfect Cornish Christmas
  • A Patchwork Family - Part Four: Coming Home
  • Starlight Over Bluebell Castle (Bluebell Castle #3)
  • Christmas at Silver Falls
  • The Christmas Countdown
  • The Garden on Sparrow Street
  • The Day We Meet Again
  • Christmas with the Shipyard Girls (Shipyard Girls #7)
  • How to Play Dead
  • A Christmas Wish and a Cranberry Kiss at the Cosy Kettle (Cosy Kettle, #3)
  • A Patchwork Family - Part Three: Taking Chances
  • The Christmas Invitation
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas
Family, friends, food, a glass of bubbly and, of course, a good book make me smile. I love writing emotional stories about love, loss, betrayal, and family, that explore how complex and yet beautiful love can be. I also like to write romantic comedy, letting the characters have a bit of flirty fun too! I believe in following your dreams and working hard towards them, which led me to Harper Impulse ...more

Pudding Pantry (1 books)