Start by marking “The Truth about Heartbreak” as Want to Read:
The Truth about Heartbreak

The Truth about Heartbreak

I fell in love with him when I was thirteen years old.He was older, mysterious, and unattainable. The guy I could never touch.Then one night changed everything for us. But there was one huge problem.He belonged to her.
Published April 14th 2019 by Independently Published

Start your review of The Truth about Heartbreak
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
The truth about Heartbreak is that there is no such thing. It's your soul that shatters, along with every fibre of your being that screams for another person.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

THE TRUTH ABOUT HEARTBREAK Is a full length, debut romance novel by B. Celeste. Spoken in 'Dual POV's'

Forbidden Romance - Check.
Cheating - Check.
Brother's Best Friend - Check.
Angst - Check.

The main reason why I chased this book down to the ends of the earth before and after the release was that one word that kept flashing like a
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

River James will always be mine. Even if she doesnt want to be. Even is she cant be.

The Truth about Heartbreak tells the tumultuous love story about two people who had a lot stacked against them. This was about broken characters that gave us heartbreak and during their darkest moments, they found strength within each other and not only learned how to heal, but they found the greatest gift of all: Unconditional Love.

Theres this Universal saying that someone has been through hell and back
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Jun 02, 2019 marked it as i-rather-throw-myself-over-a-cliff  ·  review of another edition
Zeroine here is the OW. Pos has a girlfriend for 10 years, he got her pregnant, she lost their baby. Almost got engaged to her but he fell for the poor OW (zeroine) cheated on his girlfriend with the zeroine. Amazing guy and girl. They deserve each other. Girlfriend should run far away from him.
This book perfect for people who thinks cheating is so romantic. Me? I definitely would need a lobotomy if I ever think this shit is romantic.
Rebecca Shea
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
10+ stars! My favorite read of 2019. This is everything I want in a story!
Rumi
*** FIVE BROKEN-HEARTED STARS ***

The Truth about Heartbreak. Where do I even begin??

I was hooked from the very first page. Its not very often when I get emotionally invested in a book, but this story had me gripped since the beginning. I tried to savour this as much as I could, but I failed when I realised I had read beyond 40% of the story in one sitting. Yet I couldnt bring myself to stop, I had to know what happened next and how everything was going to pan out until the end.

River and
Tianna✸loves books✸
So the blurb says theirs another girl.
Plus cheating.

Wow.

No thanks.
Next please.
Carla Bulian
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5. When the book is really good, the time passes quickly...
This book is amazing, so very writing!
Its worth the reading.
Ali
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There aren't many moments in life when you find yourself broken by a single word. Just one, simple, common, three letter word. Maybe there won't be a single moment in your life like that. I just had one though. One simple word brought me to tears.

"Mom"

That won't make much sense until you read The Truth about Heartbreak, and I sincerely hope you do.

River spent years in foster care, until being adopted. She has issues. Many of them, mostly with trust. But there is an instant connection with her
Ari
4 stars

Well well well, when you put it like that, I can't not love it, now can I?

Something about this book just felt like it was calling to me. Ya know that feeling, 'aight?
Usually, I'm not a huge fan of cheating books, as some of you might understand, but as Thor says it best

Full review to come.
Brandi
DNF @ 48%

Just wasn't working for me.
Book Maniac Forever

4 "Friendship" Stars
Since the moment I saw the gorgeous cover and the blurb of The Truth About Heartbreak, I knew I needed to read this novel. As a fan of forbidden romance, I was really intrigued by this story! B. Celeste did a fantastic job delivering an overflow of feelings through the pages of this poignant love story!

"Stop crossing ocean for people who don't even jump over puddles for you."

When River is adopted by the James family at thirteen she not only gains parents, but a
B. Celeste
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Now available for $3.99 or free through Kindle Unlimited!

US: https://amzn.to/2W8BZbj
UK: https://amzn.to/2WfaBgH
CA: https://amzn.to/30Y4QCG
AU: https://amzn.to/2WcONlA

xoxo

B
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: June 1, 2019
Genre: Contemporary Romance (with cheating)
Actual Rating: 2.5 stars

The Truth about Heartbreak has all the workings for an awesome read. However, it fell really flat in areas that should have been really important. That's not to say that the book is a total bust because it isn't. The beginning of the story is very strong and filled with angst and emotion. Around 40% though it takes a whole new direction and there is a LOT of unnecessary drama that got on my nerves.
nikki
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absorb the memory of his body spread on my mattress, bare to me. Every vulnerability laying in a mess of sheets...Less than twelve hours ago I belonged to the minty eyed boy Ive loved since I was thirteen. But Everett Tucker isnt mine to love.

I have picked up some absolutely incredible books lately, and this one is no exception.
THE TRUTH ABOUT HEARTBREAK is a forbidden romance, told in dual POV, and its a delicious slow burn, which had me hooked from start to finish; I absolutely loved Rhett
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

Nothing but skin.

This is a brother's best friend and his little sister love story but since they meet when the sister is thirteen, it takes a while for things to get flushed out.

Also, River has been through some horrific things so it takes her a while to acclimate to a different life. Everett is a huge help as is her brother, Oliver.

Both Everett and Oliver are four years older than River so their lives are heading in different directions. And even though Everett and River still have that
Beatrix

It was angsty.
It was forbidden.
It was everything I love.
1-Click Addict Support Group
This was such an emotionally heart pounding read, so beware because it will make you yell and want you to smack some sense onto certain people ➡ Rhett! River's calm demeanor made her a target to get walked all over but there came a time when enough was enough. Rhett has always felt something for River but never acted on it yet his constant hot/cold attitude towards River had me wanting to smack some kind of sense to him. I never doubted his feelings for River yet I hated what he put her through. ...more
Ellie
Jun 12, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
BookSmacked
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
#FangGirlAlert !!!!!

OMG !! Where do I start, so first and foremost as a blogger we always wish that we could read every book that comes our way. Sadly, there are just not enough hours in the day and so I'll be honest when I say that I've become very selective about what I have picked up to read lately.

It's also been so hit and miss for me, nothing seems to keep my attention for very long. I'm not sure if it's blogger burn out, the fact that I have a new job either way it's been a struggle.
Melissa H
This book was suggested to me by a subscriber in the comments of my latest video & I immediately downloaded it with my Kindle Unlimited subscription.

This is a forbidden romance, with themes of abuse, cheating, miscarriage, and online bullying.

River is a 13-year-old girl who grew up in the foster care system and she was not one of the lucky ones until the James family adopts her and places her in their care. She is scarred physically and mentally due to her past and she is working at being
Meital
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The book started great, and then at 39% the book went all wrong. It had potential but it became incoherent, flat and something was missing. The big problem was the writing style: Show us, dont tell!! The excuse for Everett's behavior wasnt justified enough for me. Too many thoughts and a few dialogues and Interactions Between River and Everett, and even then they were shallow. ...more
Kari Davis
If I could give this more than 5 Stars I would!! I am still trying to figure out what to say here and its been over a week. I am just blown away by this beautiful and stunning read. It had everything I could want in a story...EVERYTHING!

B. Celeste or Barbara C. Doyle is a new author to me, so I went into this story completely blind as to her writing style. This is why I love checking out new authors because some times you find a diamond in the rough. I will she is a bit wordy with detail, but
C.L. Matthews
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forbidden. ✔
Angsty. ✔
Cheating. ✔

This book was exceptional. The characters were created with flaws that they weren't afraid to show throughout the entire story. That in itself was a feat I gladly watched her achieve.

"I just hope theyll let me stay when they realize how deep my scars really go."

Each one was vastly different, their voices were uniquely heard and so gritty! I loved this book, it was very hard to adult as I watched Rhett and River fight for their unique and heartbreaking love.

"The
Chelsea
4 stars!

"Everett Tucker doesnt have to break my heart, because I broke it myself by loving him."

What draws me into reading this is the blurb! Because it says it's angsty 😁. Yes, it does include cheating, which is not an issue to me as long as it's fictional because I am not at par with it in real life.

This book was sort of a coming of age, especially the first part as it talks about the past. I was rooting for them on the first few chapters. Sadly, Everett didn't live up to being my book
Carrie Aarons
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS BOOK. MY LORD. Gosh, I read this in between almost everything in my daily life, sneaking in pages between cooking dinner, running after a toddler, and everything in between. It was THAT GOOD.

River and Rhett's story is, just as the title indicates, heartbreaking. It's an epic saga of finding and keeping your one true soulmate ... and all of the hardships one has to endure to get there.

I was so engrossed in this book. It's addicting and so well written, with twists and turns at every point
Autumn Grey
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an angsty ride! Loved every second of it
RTC
Ing
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
That prologuewowzer, it really pulled me in. I loved that beginning. It caught my attention and I was eager to flip to the next part to see what happens and how the hero and heroine got to the place in the prologue. The Truth about Heartbreak is broken into 2 parts. The before when our heroine, River and the hero, Everett Tucker are younger around high school time. River is a foster kid and has been adopted by the James. The James are the pillar of their community and a moneyed family.

River has
Micalea Smeltzer
Such an unforgettable love story. I'm obsessed.
Lisa
Jun 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
lazybookconqueror
The truth is that not enjoying this book broke my heart.

I wanted to like this so much. the story starts off great. It's angsty, sexy, there's mystery, cheating, dual timelines, forbidden romance, all the tropes that can make an amazing romance novel.

However, about 40% in the book loses its momentum and really just becomes a mess. The plot gets so confusing you feel like a few chapters were cut accidentally. The hero works in an investment firm, but is also a firefighter? They mention a very
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Serenading Heartbreak
  • Hush, Hush
  • Dreams of 18
  • Inhale, Exhale (Hollow Ridge, #1)
  • Forever and Never (Magnolia Cove, #2)
  • Twist (Off Balance, #4)
  • Hearts and Thorns (Magnolia Cove, #3)
  • Burnout
  • Release (Off Balance, #3)
  • Credence
  • Stay with Me (Stay with Me, #1)
  • The Man I Can't Have (Ward Duet, #1)
  • If You Were Mine (Just Friends Duet,  #1)
  • The Man I Need (Ward Duet, #2)
  • Down Fall (Brody & Lola: Easton Family Saga) (Fallen Duet #2)
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • Even When I'm Gone (Stay with Me, #2)
  • Becoming His Mistress
B. Celestes obsession with all things forbidden and taboo enabled her to pave a path into a new world of raw, real, emotional romance.

Her debut novel is The Truth about Heartbreak.

News & Interviews

“The truth about heartbreak is that there is no such thing. It's your soul that shatters along with every fiber of your being that screams for another person.” 0 likes