Start by marking “Outcomes Over Output: Why customer behavior is the key metric for business success” as Want to Read:

In the old days, when we made physical products, setting project goals wasn’t that hard. But in today’s service- and software-driven world, “done” is less obvious. When is Amazon done? When is Google done? Or Facebook? In reality, services powered by digital systems are never done. So then how do we give teams a goal that they can work on?Mostly, we simply ask teams to bui ...more
Published April 8th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Outcomes Over Output, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Outcomes Over Output

Start your review of Outcomes Over Output: Why customer behavior is the key metric for business success
Iman Shabani
Outstanding book, so much so that before I was even finished with the book, I recommended it to a few of my friends and colleagues.

There's a good chance that this short book will cause a paradigm shift for you, it certainly did for me. This book may be small, but its impact is huge, give it a good read.
Suyeon
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Engaging and highly relevant

Even the slowest and laziest of readers in the Product space would find this book not only engaging but highly relevant to their field of work. It is a must read for all people who are either already in product development management or aspire to be part of the ecosystem.
azarakhsh
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Changed my life for sure
A must read for anyone who feels under-achieved (probably in any contexts).
Outcomes-based Thinking? That's my new belief.
Kamil Rudnicki
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I changed a way I think about setting goals from output to outcomes. And change organization accordingly. And it is important change of thinking. Thank you.
Matthew Kern
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, business
This little book packs a punch. If you are a product owner/manager this is a deep dive into one of the important facets of how you orient your work around a northstar. The title gives it away, don't focus on building a thing, but instead find the outcome that works for your business and build and act accordingly.

Seiden's definition of outcome brings clarity to the discussion - "an outcome is a change in human behavior that drives business results." It is not good enough that we build
Andrew
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All content, no fluff, good stuff.

I absolutely love that the book focuses on delivering meaningful information without all the fluff and page fillers I see in other books. So many books come jam-packed with frivolous stories, words, and pages, it can be hard to extract the meaningful bits. Not this one! Big thanks to the author for getting to the point and delivering value early and continuously.
Adrian Howard
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super short, sharp book that explains why working with outcomes is so important at all levels of an organisation. Josh has collected some great examples and references around using outcomes to better plan, build roadmaps, track progress, and drive organisational change. Wish I had a bunch of copies to give to people a few months back when I was explaining this stuff to a client's management team.
Beto
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very short book that can be read to ground yourself when you are about to start a new quarter at your company.
The author's style is to the point but they still manage to illustrate everything with examples.
Andrius Zygmanta
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A book that shifted my perspective on product management. Highly recommended to read by anyone who makes decisions what to build.
Carl Rannaberg
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great little book about how to practice agile in a useful way, concentrating on outcomes (key results) instead of output (features) or impact (result of many different outcomes).
Daniil Lanovyi
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
The core idea of the book is cool. For the implementation details, you'll need to reach for other sources.
Michael Strong
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Only one hour. All meat. Great book.
Setu
Sep 13, 2019
Fiona Anne Warner
Jul 07, 2019
Alexandra Chubatiuk
rated it did not like it
Aug 11, 2019
Patrick Dewhurst
Aug 28, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Escaping the Build Trap: How Effective Product Management Creates Real Value
  • Lean vs Agile vs Design Thinking: What you really need to know to build high-performing digital product teams
  • Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life