Start by marking “Twice in a Blue Moon” as Want to Read:
Twice in a Blue Moon

Twice in a Blue Moon

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  23,409 ratings  ·  3,600 reviews
Sam Brandis was Tate Jones’s first: Her first love. Her first everything. Including her first heartbreak.

During a whirlwind two-week vacation abroad, Sam and Tate fell for each other in only the way that first loves do: sharing all of their hopes, dreams, and deepest secrets along the way. Sam was the first, and only, person that Tate—the long-lost daughter of one of the
Published October 22nd 2019 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Twice in a Blue Moon, please sign up.
Tina I did not like Beautiful Bastard either. I skipped around and stopped reading the series after book 3. I do not understand why it is so popular! Howev…moreI did not like Beautiful Bastard either. I skipped around and stopped reading the series after book 3. I do not understand why it is so popular! However, that said, I LOVED the Wild Boys series. Those were much more developed characters. But it should be noted, since Love and Other Words, they have veered away from traditional romance and went more chick lit, with female driven protagonists. While there is a relationship usually in the book, it is less sex-heavy and more character and relationship driven. If you hated BB, I would definitely give them another shot. There is a lot of love for Love and Other Words. My favorite is Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating.(less)
Coleen If you've read their Beautiful series, I would rate those a 10 ( very sexually explicit). This book has maybe 2 sex scenes, and I would rate them a 3-…moreIf you've read their Beautiful series, I would rate those a 10 ( very sexually explicit). This book has maybe 2 sex scenes, and I would rate them a 3-5 ( mildly sexual), not erotic at all.(less)

·  23,409 ratings  ·  3,600 reviews

Start your review of Twice in a Blue Moon
chai ♡
By now, most of you probably know how much I was excited to read this book. Well, I've read it and it wasn't...great. As you can imagine, this has taken quite a toll on me. Please respect my privacy during this very difficult time. Thank you.

It pains me to say this but this was the pretty forgettable, and remarkably...unremarkable. It actually makes my love life seem more alluring in comparison and I don't even have a love life! I'm usually generous with my ratings when it comes to romance. It's
Melissa
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
“It’s so crazy to think that things that I thought only lived in my imagination can be real.”

The one constant threaded throughout Christina Lauren’s body of work, chemistry-ridden love. From meet-cute to flirty banter and the intoxicating solidification of feelings, this dynamic writing duo delivers on what romance readers crave. Storylines that unfold through the thoughts, feelings, and vulnerabilities of an easy-to-adore cast, ready and willing to steal hearts.

What’s noticeably absent this tim
Nilufer Ozmekik
Another miracle happened! I’m giving two disturbing, annoying, pissed off, boiling, frustrated two stars to one of my favorite romance author duos! Sorry Lauren and sorry Christina! My hands are still shaky after I did this but I’m not sorry for that!

As a summary: I DON’T CARE about those unlikable characters!
I STILL DON’T CARE ABOUT their reunion on a movie set.
I DON’T CARE THEIR TEEN DRAMA PARTS ( nearly this part took half of the book! )
I DON’T CARE all those nonsense, immature, artificial t
jessica
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
the only thing wrong with this book is that its WAY TOO SHORT! oh, what i wouldnt give for another 100 pages of this.

i honestly cant get enough of it - the romance of a second chance at love, the tender connection between tate and sam, the swoon-worthy motivation behind sams writing, the innocence of firsts and the desire to make them lasts, and the adoration for those who raised you - this story has it all.

while i love christina laurens trademark snark and humour, i cant help for fall head ov
Chelsea Humphrey
I'm kicking myself for not loving this as much as CL's previous novels. Perhaps it's just me? It's not a bad book by any means, it simply lacked the particular brand of charm I've come to adore when I pick up one of the duo's novels. The publisher stated ahead of time that Twice in a Blue Moon would have a different feel than their zany humorous vibe as of late, but it seemed still worth taking a chance on, and I'm glad I read this book. My main issues lie within my trouble connecting with the c ...more
Meredith
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
The Magic Comes Late

Twice in a Blue Moon is a second chance romance about first love, heartbreak, and betrayal.

I am a huge CL fan. In no way shape or form is Twice in a Blue Moon Bad, it just lacked the magic of other CL books.

The beginning reads like a YA novel. In the first part of the book, the reader is introduced to 18-year-old Tate and her grandmother who are in London for two weeks, While dining at a restaurant near their hotel, they meet 21-year-old Sam and his grandfather, Luther.
Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Tucker by: Gallery Books

Many thanks to Rachel at Gallery Books for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

This book was one of my least favorites of 2019. See the rest on my video, The WORST Books of 2019! ☕☕

--------------
”I want every wish he ever makes to be for this. A penny in a fountain. The first star. An eyelash. Eleven eleven. Just for one more time.”

Dear god, this book fell flat on its face.

We all know that I LOVED their recent novel, The Unhoneymooners. And so I was obviously disappoin
Larry H
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I wish I could bottle the feelings I experience when I'm reading a book by Christina Lauren. First there's anticipation, as I've now read eight of their books, and I just love the way they tell a story. Then there's excitement, as the main characters encounter one another and begin the awkward dance of attraction and emotion, tinged with the reluctance of acknowledging their feelings.

Excitement gives way to complete emotional immersion, and I find myself rooting for the characters to find their
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I love my Kindle more than anything that I own, and I've even been known to snuggle it (yes, my husband also thinks that's weird), yet this book make me seriously debate throwing my Kindle across the room with rage. I hated this book so much.

It's been a long time since I've felt this way about a (so-called) romance book.

I want to state for the record that I'm a total Christina Lauren stan. I met them recently at a book con, and they couldn't have been lovelier, and but I wish I could go back i
Warda
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I get the conflicting reviews about this book now.
I mean, I will always love Christina Lauren and will dive head first when it comes to any novel they write. I adore them!

I think this story should’ve been longer. There was so much development that could’ve been added to make this second chance love story even more of a whirl wind.

I personally didn’t have a problem with the insta-love aspect of this story. That shit is possible to me. For someone to become that meaningful and close to you in a
Kaceey
3.5*
I’m a newbie to the delightful, rom-com world of Christina Lauren, having only read three of their earlier works.
So from what I've experienced in their past reads, I was hopeful for something heart-felt to keep me smiling throughout. But lets just say, this book had a very different feel to it.

Tate and Sam have known each other since they were young. Traveling through Britain with their families. Tate, with her grandmother, and Sam with his dad. The two instantly hit it off. Sparks were flyi
Susanne  Strong
3.25 Ho Hum Stars.

Do you remember that moment when you met and got to know your first love? Those looks you exchanged, the heart stopping moments, the minute your breath caught and you got that that jittery feeling in your stomach that amounted to butterflies? I do.. it was a very long time ago but I remember it like it was yesterday.

“Twice in a Blue Moon” by Christina Lauren almost made me remember what it felt like to fall in love...almost.

Tate is eighteen years old when she and her grandmo
emma
I have written of Christina Lauren books, on more than one occasion, the kind of review that prompts people who liked the book to yell at me in the comments, as if I held them down and forced them to read a dissenting opinion, rather than their having done so utterly of their own volition.

And yet, from time to time, I continue reading their books.

I don’t really know why.

I mean, in this case, it was an experiment. Purely scientific purposes. My dear friend Tucker almost always likes Christina Lau
Merphy Napier
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: two-stars, romance, adult
What I liked:
- the characters were interesting in the first timeline and I wanted to root for them
- their writing style is addictive.. even when I'm not enjoying what I'm reading all that much

What I didn't like:
- Even though I wanted to root for the characters in the first timeline, it was so abrupt, it didn't feel like love despite them using the word
- second timeline was even worse. They don't communicate, assume everything and talk about nothing, petty jealousy, and when they collide together
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This is another one that really missed the mark for me. I feel like this book had way too much set-up and not enough actual conflict or development. It was just.. really, really basic and honestly? The love interest sucked. I was considering giving this 2.5 but on further reflection this is staying a solid 2. I just.. was not a fan. BLAH!
may ❀
I’m 👏 so 👏 tired 👏 of 👏 being 👏 disappointed 👏 by 👏 my 👏 favs 👏

See the problem I have with this book is that its supposed to be this whirlwind, vacation romance that goes wrong and then the characters reconnect years later in passion and anger and angst which sounds GREAT

but the reality is, ITS SO DAMN FORGETTABLE

So to start, we have our main character tate, who has this big identity secret that she’s hiding from the world (I won’t say bc I’m not a spoiler), going on a vacation with her grandmo
. (not active on this account stop adding me)
🌼review can be found on my blog! 🌼

do christina and lauren ever sleep?
Whitney Atkinson
Thanks to Gallery Books for an advanced review copy!

I'll be honest, whereas I was highly anticipating Christina Lauren's previous releases like The Unhoneymooners and Josh & Hazel, my excitement for this one was pretty low. Turns out, my hesitation had no grounds because I actually thought this was beautiful, soft, and had a lot of heart.

I like that this book was told in a then-and-now format, but those sections are entirely separate rather than frequently jumping back and forth. It was almost
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
So I ............Loved it💕💕

Love at first sight? Well maybe. Tate can't help being swept off her feet when she meets a fellow American while on a trip to London. Tate has barely turned eighteen when she meets Sam who is twenty one. Tate finds herself completely enamored with him and he with her. Or so she thinks....until he screws her over!

Fast forward fourteen years and alot and I mean alot has changed. Tate is no longer the naive little girl hanging out with Nana Jude. Tate is assertive, succe
Olivia (Stories For Coffee)
*I was given a physical ARC of this novel from Book Expo in exchange for an honest review*
Twice in a Blue Moon‘s Insta-Love wasn’t Compelling or Endearing

First of all, Tate and Sam fall in love with each other within a week or so. I’m sorry, but I cannot take characters seriously when they say that they are meant for each other and love one another when they haven’t even exchanged phone numbers, yet. That alone made me question what I was getting into because I’m not a fan of insta-love and neve
Hollis
It's happened. I've finally rated a CLo book two stars (we won't count BEAUTIFUL BASTARD in this tally because reasons).

I don't really know where this trend of having a chunk, or even half, of a contemporary set in the past (aka making it YA) started but.. I don't want it, or like it. Is this because these books now qualify as women's fiction? Unsure. That said, if you want to write a YA romance, go for it. Flashbacks, fine. But not full, long, chapters of it. It's just not for me. Likewise, and
Holly  B
Nov 08, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

A second chance romance that was bittersweet with some unexpected curves.

My third by the authors and while it had a very different vibe, I was still invested in the characters and their "life" choices. The beginning felt a bit like YA to me with the coming of age "love" connection of Sam and Tate. They meet while vacationing with family in London. We get to know them and their backgrounds.

Will Sam break her heart?  Did she share too much with him?

Fourteen years later, Sam and Tate m
Gabby
This was one of my most anticipated books of the year and I am so grateful to Gallery Books for sending me an ARC, but this book was not my jam.

This should’ve been right up my alley because I love books that follow actors working on sets and the behind the scenes of Hollywood vibes - but this book was such a snooze fest. I couldn’t connect with these characters at all, and this book reminded me a lot of the only other Christina Lauren book I didn’t enjoy: Love And Other Words.

This book starts wi
preoccupiedbybooks
A sweet but forgettable second chance romance, which just felt that it had something missing.
description
Tate Jones was just 18 when she met and fell in love with 21 year old Sam Brandis on a trip to London. They had a whirlwind romance for around two weeks, before Sam broke Tate's heart by revealing her identity of the daughter of a big film star to the media. Fourteen years later, Tate is an up-and-coming film star herself. When she gets to the set of her latest film, which she hopes will be her big break
Debra
A whirlwind vacation, a chance meeting, a first love, a first time trusting a stranger, a first heartbreak....

During a trip to London with her grandmother, Tate meets Sam, a farm boy from Vermont who she falls for, he is the first person she confides her true identity - she is the long-lost daughter of a famous Hollywood actor. As their love/romance blooms, their vacations come to an end, but little did Tate know it would end with heartbreak.

Fourteen years later, Tate is a Hollywood actor hersel
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{Netgalley ARC}

He’s shaking, shaking under my palm at the back of his neck and my other hand pressed to his chest, feeling his heart under there. It’s like a treasure in a fortress, this heart. I wonder what it’s felt, how many times it's beat painfully enough to make him wonder whether he’s dying. He did that to me.

Christina Lauren are one of my most beloved writing duos. I actually started reading them when their fan fiction version of ”Beautiful Bastard” was out in circulat
Jayme
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Almost a 4...(but not quite...3.5-3.75?)

Believe it or not, I have not read a book by this duo before.

I STARTED one, earlier this summer at the urging of friends, but found the dialogue of the characters to be crude and immature, and it was a DNF for me! 🤷🏻‍♀️ I know!! The “humor” is what most readers like about these romances! Which is why, several devoted fans have been disappointed by this book.

Since the publisher said that this book would have a “different feel” from the others...I decided
Corina
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a sign of my devotion to all things Christina Lauren that I'm nowadays going blind into their books. I don't need to read the blurb or know anything else except that it is a CL book. That's all I need to be excited and incredibly happy to start a new Christian Lauren book.

Over the last two years I've become a huge fan of all things Christina Lauren. And even though I enjoy all of their novels, I have a weakness for their more serious, thoughtful and moving novels, like Love and Other Words.
Kendall
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I wanted to possess him and be possessed by him in a way that made me feel nearly wild"

Isn't that the truth? When you fall in love nothing else matters and it's just you and that person that consumes you forever.

There is just something that I crave about Christina Lauren novels and I always always love their novels. I don't think I've been disappointed once in the 4 books that I've read by them. From flirting to crazy love is what romance fans will crave in this one!

I have been seeing a lot o
Wendy'sThoughts
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christina Lauren Fans, Romance
5 Stay Up All Night Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free
There are certain authors you change your day to day existence for...Every devoted reader knows from where I speak. When one of those precious authors drops a book, you will put everything aside, clear all the commitments, and figure out a way to be one with the book. Christina Lauren, this infamous writing duo under one name, is one of those authors for me.

The timing was perfect, I was recovering from a nasty cold and had no real obligations. I s

• The Happy Ever After Playlist
  • The Friend Zone
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Beach Read
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • Meet Cute
  • Love Lettering
  • Party of Two (The Wedding Date, #5)
  • The Two Lives of Lydia Bird
  • You Deserve Each Other
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
Christina Lauren is the combined pen name of long-time writing partners/besties/soulmates/brain-twins Christina Hobbs and Lauren Billings. The coauthor duo writes both Young Adult and Adult Fiction, and together has produced fourteen New York Times bestselling novels. Their books have been translated into 30+ languages. (Some of these books have kissing. Some of these books have A LOT of kissing.) ...more

Articles featuring this book

Ah, second-chance romances: the beloved trope where lovers meet, fall in love, fall apart, and then fall in love again. At the heart of...
“Can you believe me, though?” he asks quietly. “That the worst thing I ever did was for the best reason I ever had?” 8 likes
“For the first time in my life I get it: home isn’t always a space; it can be a person.” 6 likes