Start by marking “A Rake's Revenge” as Want to Read:
A Rake's Revenge

A Rake's Revenge

(Rake Trilogy #2)

After being abandoned by her almost-betrothed, Caroline Nash vows to never again get involved with a man. Especially not the middle-aged earl her father has chosen for her. The man is a pompous ass and one of Prinny’s set who only wants her for her dowry. To complicate matters, a kiss from the Midnight Marauder unleashes an unbelievable passion that Caroline can’t seem to ...more
Published May 27th 2019 by Entangled Publishing LLC (Amara)

To ask other readers questions about A Rake's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Rake's Revenge

Start your review of A Rake's Revenge
Maggie Whitworth
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it

An adventure that’s addictive and one that you’ll find difficult to stop reading , no matter the time .

This has been a great series and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it.
The characters are wonderful and you feel that you really get to know them and feel their emotions and trepidation’s.

I look forward to reading more from this author x

I received an Arc copy of this book and chose to post this review
Janet
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Caroline Nash vows to never again get involved with a man after being jilted by her fiancé George. Especially not the Earl of Tisdale whom her father has chosen for her. The man is a pompous ass and one of Prinny’s set who only wants her for her dowry. To complicate matters, a kiss from the Midnight Marauder unleashes an unbelievable passion that Caroline can’t seem to forget.
Stephan Stoddard, the Marquis of Kendrick, poses as the robbing marauder to avenge his low-born mother, to thumb his
Brenda
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Stephan, the Marquis of Kendrick, poses as the robbing marauder to avenge his low-born mother. But he starts questioning his plans when one of his “missions” crosses paths with Caroline and leads to
Sissy's Romance Book Review
A Rake's Revenge by Cynthia Breeding is book Two in the Rake Trilogy Series. This is the story of Stephan, the Marquis of Kendrick and Caroline Nash. I have read (and Loved) the previous book, but feel you can make this a standalone book if you wish to do so.
Stephan is out to avenge his mother's death and has taken to pretending to be the bandit Midnight Marauder. On one of his escapades he meets the fiery Ms. Nash. Caroline had a narrow miss on getting married but her father is working to set
Monique
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved Caroline and Stephan's story. Hated the spelling and possible pronunciation of Stephan's name. What Englishman of the Regency period, short of having a French mother, has the name Stephan? The author should have just spelled the name Stephen. Every time I saw his name - which was a lot, as he was a main character - over-perfumed 1990's Eurotrash dudes came to mind.
Okay, now that I got that off of my chest...'A Rakes's Revenge' was a great story, with a few tangents that came together in a
Amy Vida
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of A Rake's Revenge in exchange for an honest review.

This was an intriguing plot. I found the book well. written. I would recommend this book to others.
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

Rating: (3/5 Stars)
Content Rating: R
POV: Third Person
Smexy Level: Hot
Favorite Quote(s):
― “If I were to take you, you would be mine. I would let no other man have you.”
Overall Opinion:
What's hard not to like about a historical romance? There were a lot of positive things to say
Carole Burant
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Now I want to go sailing...with Stephan:) This was a wonderful book to read and I loved all the characters....except for the detestable earl that Caroline's father betrothed her to!

Stephan, the Marquis of Kendrick, is the Midnight Marauder, as well as a pirate, but it's all for a good reason! Caroline Nash is being forced by her father to marry an abhorrent earl, no matter how many times she says NO. Invited to the Prince Regent's 3 week house party, it's a good thing Stephan comes to her
Pelusa Rivera
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I dont think that I have ever read from this author and I am glad that I did, I enjoyed this book and I intend on the reading the first book. We have Caroline who was jilted by an ex and she swore should would not get involved with another man, especially not the old man that her father has picked for her, he was horrid. She ends up getting kissed by the Midnight Maurader who has woken up a passion she didn't know she had. This maurader is Stephan the Marquis of Kendrick and after that kiss he ...more
Lori D
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Caroline Nash was determined to stay away from men, but if her father had his wish she will marry the dispicable older earl he has chosen for her. As often the case he only wants her dowry. Desperate she begins to beg a friend to pretend to be interested in her. But as Stephan, the Marquess of Kendrick overhears, he steps in to take the role which will hopefully turn real!
A wonderful story of hidden secrets that could come to life and ruin Stephen's chance and of love when least expected. Truly
BRITTANY
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was everything a historical romance should be! The banter between Caroline and Stephen was extremely well written and funny at times, but the whole book together? Definitely a must read. It was accurate and flowed perfectly for the time period. Well worth the time to read.
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Rake' Revenge was my first book by Cynthia Breeding and I really liked it. I loved Caroline and Stephan, although I would have loved more interaction between the two in the beginning. But overall a great story I really liked.
Holly Flom
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m liking this author

This is the 2nd book that I have read from this author. This book follows the story of Carolyn and Stephen. It is a companion novel to A Rakes Redemption but both books are stand alone novels.

Carolyn is a knights daughter. Her father wants her to marry for a title and he has set her up with one of his friends. Carolyn is disgusted and does not want to marry the old Earl.

Stephen has decided that he likes Carolyn and he also doesn’t like the old Earl.

Thru twists and turns,
Malissa
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this couple, boy did they have to jump through some hoops to get to their HEA. I liked that a past couple seems to be a thread through all the stories and are getting some resumption I didn’t expect, not want them to have in the last book. I will say K don’t quite understand their turn around though. Maybe we will learn the answer to that in the third book.

One thing that keeps these books from being 5 star reads for me is that I always feel as though they finish suddenly with a
JackEllena
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excelent romantic book.

I really enjoyed this story. The characters were meant for each other and were matched. The rival Earl was despicable, and earned his just rewards. Daughter Ann I hope does well with the Duke and his wife. I am happy to see the couple have some good qualities after all. I must say I was very happy, and recommend this book highly. Thank you, Jack.
Derenda
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A captivating romance

This was a wonderful storyline. Easy to read and easy to get lost in the story. I read this in two evenings and hated when I finished it. It would have been awesome to have lasted three or four more evenings.
Brittany
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: historicals
I received this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This is book 2 in the Rake’s series. We have Stephen who is asked to help Caroline avoid an unwanted fiancé. I enjoyed the story a great deal but I did not like the ending to was awful. It was way to rushed.
Sonya Denny
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review

I could not stop reading! I wanted to escape and read once I started the trilogy. Can’t wait for the third book to come out on kindle.
Angel Hatfield
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
After being abandoned by her almost-betrothed, Caroline Nash vows to never again get involved with a man. Especially not the middle-aged earl her father has chosen for her. The man is a pompous ass and one of Prinny’s set who only wants her for her dowry. To complicate matters, a kiss from the Midnight Marauder unleashes an unbelievable passion that Caroline can’t seem to forget.
This was a great story with great characters. I really liked the plot and loved the characters as they move through
Niki
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Since her almost-betrothed threw her over for another, Miss Caroline Nash has sworn off men and marriage. But her father has other ideas and wants to have a titled grandson, so he promises Caroline to the aging and pompous Earl of Tisdale who only wants her for her dowry, but has the Prince Regent's support due to his position within the prince's inner circle. To make matters worse, an encounter with the mysterious highwayman, the Midnight Marauder, awakens an unexpected passion in Caroline that ...more
Shelby
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
***ARC was provided to me by Net Galley and the Publisher for a fair and honest review***

Overall rating: 3.5/5 Either accept you don’t know boating terminology or google it

Heroine (Caroline Nash): 3/5 The daughter of a knight who has been jilted in the past. She believes she would be happy not marrying at all.

Hero (Stephan, Marquis of Kendrick): 3.5/5 By trade he is a Marquis with a serious interest in sailing. By night he is the Midnight Marauder, a highway man who steals coins from rich men
Bookbesties
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another new author to me and I am excited to see what/ who else she has in store for us! This book has everything fun; an independent leading lady, pirates, a masked bandit who steals as many kisses as riches, an estranged Marquis, an unwanted betrothal, and a crazy scheme to get out of it. This book was a total run read and I loved every minute of it from page 1 to the last period. I really hope to read many more stories from this author in the near future.
Caroline Nash is completely
Krystal
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it
To be honest, I am a bit confused about the title of this one. While yes, Stephan does challenge another man for Caroline's hand, and yes, he does things to thumb his nose at society and traitors, we never really get a clear idea of who he is supposedly seeking revenge against.

Aside from that, it was a decent read. It didn't keep me glued to the pages by any means (aka I was able to put it down and come back to it later), and I found the characters either lacking or entirely too over the top.
MrsMascara
Jun 10, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an ok read, a regency romance with a maritime setting, with a independent heroine, Caroline Nash who has been unlucky in love, and has been gossiped about since she was jilted by a Duke. She is held up by a highwayman called the Masked Maurader, who steals a kiss in lieu of valuables. Unknown to her this is Stephan Marquis of Kendrick, Who becomes fascinated with Caroline and the chemistry between them. Caroline is promised in marriage to a pompous older man by her father, against her ...more
Fizza
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great historical romance and I really enjoyed this story. Caroline Nash has no plans of ever getting married. Let's just say that after having her heart broken and subsequent scandal, she is over men. They are not to be trusted. She is finally getting accustomed to her new situation as an independent spinster when her father announces that she is engaged, to be married to someone she despises. Now she must find a way out of this impending disaster because there is no way in hell she'd ...more
Pamela
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Caroline Nash has no interest in marrying the man her father has chosen for her. He is nearly twice her age and disgusting. Unfortunately, she has no choice but to court him due to the fact that Prinny gave his permission for the match. Caroline soon finds an alternative to her problem, she must find another suitor and quickly.

Stephan, the Marquis of Kendrick, is happy to pose as Caroline's suitor. He has been intrigued with Caroline ever since he met her under his guise of the "Midnight
Connie
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first book, I was excited to read Caroline's story. I absolutely adored this. Caroline was such a strong woman in the first one and continued as such here. For her, she needed the perfect foil and she got one in Stephen. Stephen wears many hats. First he is the Marquess of Kendrick, a pirate and also the Midnight Marauder. The journey to their HEA is really filled with conflict in the name of the Earl of Tisdale.

I was glued to my e-reader to see how the author was going to
Nicole
Apr 23, 2019 rated it liked it
This novel brings together a woman who has no desire to marry and a man hiding secrets. Caroline Nash has hurt by a man who claimed he would propose and never did. Instead he married someone else. Caroline desires passion and when the Midnight Marauder does that, Caroline desires him. However, her father, with Prinny's approval, has selected a husband for her, though she has reached her majority. Stephan, the Marquis of Kendrick, is a pirate, among other things. He does not conform to society ...more
SH
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Caroline Nash has decided that after her soon-to-be betrothed rejected her for another, that she will avoid marriage. However, her father has other plans for her, forcing an engagement upon her to Lord Tisdale. In amongst all this, she is kissed by the Midnight Marauder and begins to wonder more about romance. Little does she know that Stephan, the Marquis of Kendrick, is the marauder, who steals from the rich to give to others.
This romance happened slowly and burst into flames at the end. Both
Debra Dowling
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. I was pleasantly surprised. The book, while predictable, was completely enjoyable and captivated me immediately.
Caroline has found herself being forced into an engagement to the Earl of Trisdale, a man only interested in her for her dowry. Desperate for a way out she makes a deal with the Marquis of Kendrick to pretend to court her and challenge Trisdale for her hand. Kendrick, who is secretly playing at being a Robin Hood type

• How to Best a Marquess
  • Heart's Desire (Lords of Chance, #2)
  • Attracted to the Earl (Imperfect Lords, #3)
  • To Resist a Scandalous Rogue (Once Upon a Scandal, #2)
  • More Than a Rogue (The Crawfords, #2)
  • One Night to Remember (Wicked Dukes Club #5)
  • The Wicked Viscount
  • One Night of Temptation (Wicked Dukes Club #6)
  • Project Duchess (Duke Dynasty, #1)
  • The Duke Is But a Dream (Debutante Diaries, #2)
  • Rogue Most Wanted (The Cavensham Heiresses #5)
  • The Reluctant Duchess (The Brides of St. Ives #4)
  • One Night of Scandal (Wicked Dukes Club #4)
  • One Night of Surrender (Wicked Dukes Club #2)
  • Never Deny a Duke (Decadent Dukes Society, #3)
  • At Last the Rogue Returns (Avenging Lords, #1)
  • One Night of Passion (Wicked Dukes Club #3)
  • Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
An avid reader of anything medieval, Cynthia Breeding has taught the traditional Arthurian legends to high school sophomores for fifteen years. She owns more than three hundred books, fictional and non-fictional, on the subject. More information on Arthur, Gwenhwyfar and Lancelot can be found on the Historical Account link.

In addition, she has won numerous awards including the Holt Medallion,

Rake Trilogy (3 books)
  • A Rake's Redemption
  • A Rake's Rebellion (Rake Trilogy, #3)