Start by marking “Pieces of Us (Confessions of the Heart, #3)” as Want to Read:
Pieces of Us (Confessions of the Heart, #3)

Pieces of Us

(Confessions of the Heart #3)

Maxon Chambers has a way of stealing all the attention.
All my affection, and all my dreams.
What I needed to remember was he’d stolen my good judgment and my virginity, too.
When he broke up with me, I ran across the country and swore I’d never return to Broadshire Rim.
But here I am, thirteen years later.

Maxon is all grown up.
Sexier than sin and more tempting than ever.
Published April 20th 2019 by A.L. Jackson Books Inc. (first published April 17th 2019)

Start your review of Pieces of Us (Confessions of the Heart, #3)
A.L. Jackson
Jan 15, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Now Live and FREE in Kindle Unlimited

Audio (coming soon - be notified when it's LIVE!): http://smarturl.it/POUAudio

Huge Pieces of Us Giveaway > http://smarturl.it/POUReleaseGiveaway
Nilufer Ozmekik
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars rounded up 4 emotional; charming, heartbreaking, second chance romantic stars.
This is my first A. L. Jackson book. I wanted to start most of them but then read depressing reviews and changed my mind. But this time I took my chances and here I am, so satisfied with amazing heroine Izzy! Big applause to this strong woman after two men’s betrayal, she stood strong and cared her two children by herself when she was too young, lonely, vulnerable.
Here comes our hero Mack, police officer, su
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WANT THE FULL REVIEW (which will include quotes from book, teasers I've made and so much more)
C L I C K - H E R E

I am a HUGE DIE HARD fan of A.L. Jackson & her books. Believe it or not but she was a NEW TO BE author a little while ago & I read one book & BAM i read them all!! Therefore so happy to be able to read this master-piece before hand!! Now, this book is #3 and I have read the previous two of course. This is the story of Maxon & Isabel!

Even from the beginning I went from smiles and lau
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"That man had always bled pain. It was his biggest pitfall—his refusal to see that he could live outside of it. The belief that maybe my love could have been enough."

Damn, A.L. Jackson, what have you done to me? I'm ruined now. This has been one of my favorite series ever, and now that I've finished this book about these beautifully broken characters my heart is full, but I'm sad it's over. I'm feeling kinda drunk and gooey, not ready to move on. The Confessions of the Heart series has e
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
I left part of my heart with the characters of this book! A.L. Jackson’s writing is so gorgeous, this story is so moving, and the characters are absolutely perfect.

Mack has my heart. I knew early on in the series that I’d fall head over heels in love with him and boy did I. He’s so caring and giving. The love he feels for Izzy and his willingness to sacrifice his happiness for hers is everything. Their love story was truly an epic experience.

Izzy such a great character. A mom trying to do the b
Sabrina
LIVE EARLY!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Holy Feels, Batman. Someone hold me. Mack and Izzy's story just about killed me and my emotions. Their's was a story that had so much sweetness between the heartbreaks and tough times that I almost lost it. They had me captivated, dying to find out how everything would work between them and if they could move past the hurt from so many years ago. There were a lot of obstacles in their way but I knew from the beginning that they belonged together and was rooting fo
Ana Laura
Come on!! Pleeeease !! So much for an honest review!
I knew it was too good to be true!
The name of this book should be "Pieces of sh*t"!!
In fact, the "good boy" has always been a pathetic coward and above all a cheater. Using the same excuse ever "I'm not good for her" to get out and f*ck with the next skirt tail and have it rubbed in the face of the heroine. I've wasted too much time reading this crap, I will not waste any more time with a review. So yes my people, just one more of that kind, th
Susan Staudinger
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“But whose joy is forgotten is lost. And whose heart is free is found.”

Love is simple. It’s life, that’s complicated. So, when you’re on the losing side of love and life offers up a second chance, you grab ahold and hang on tight. You shove aside your fears, bury the hurt, and follow the dictate of your heart. Thus, is the story of Izzy and Mack’s slow-burning romance. In this third and final installment to her Confessions of the Heart series, AL Jackson returns to her earlier roots and deli
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

Anyone who has ever followed my reviews would know I am a huge A.L. Jackson fan and would read absolutely anything she produces. I have been waiting for Mack’s story for what feels like a life-time, so you can imagine my elation when he finally entered my life. Pieces of Us was phenomenal and I would expect nothing less from such an amazingly talented story teller. The plot drew me in instantaneously and kept me captivated throughout, and in true Jackson fashion, the writing was like pure poetry
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
This is 3.5. I liked it for the heart torture. There's some real heart sawing and tearing and shredding in here:

* star-crossed lovers, check.
* Bad boy, good girl, check.
* Baby he didn't know about, check.
* Baby who has a severe illness, check.

I mean, all the melodramatic things you can ask for in a contemporary book is in here. Including a bitchy slut who dug her claws into the H and helped tear H/h apart (but he let her, so it's all his fault).

Why 1.5 stars off? Cuz I'm not a fan of TOO much p
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pieces Of Us is an emotional, heartwarming second chance romance that will give the saying Endless Love a new meaning. The angst will call to us, the characters will make us feel more than what we could’ve bargained for, but it’s the love that will be never ending and through it all, not only will you feel it, but you will never forget it.

“Loving you was the only truth I knew… the only thing I ever did right. The only that has ever been real.”

Best friends since they were young, Mack and
Syndi
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
It is nearly midnight when I finished this. I have to say from all the books I read by Miss Jackson, Pieces of Us is by far the perfect one. Her signature angst writing style belnds perfectly.

Miss Jackson creates the perfect chatacters in Pieces of Us. Maxton who is truly a broken hero and Izzy that perfect heroine.

What us lacking is the conclusion. Even when I got to the part of their past, I fee I need something more twisted plot. The ending I feel a bit abrupt and forced. What a pity for su
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Daddy-the-Great looks like he might be at his wit’s end. Grams said she is always at her wit’s end, and I don’t think we need to be driving Daddy there, too. It seems like a dangerous place to be. We might need an intervention.

I looked at Ian’s infant who was wearing nothing but a towel duct taped around his waist… “If you can get her into her bed for a nap without waking her up, I’ll give you a thousand dollars. Strike that, I’ll give you my car.”

Pulling me closer, she hiked up
Wendy
Very enjoyable...review to come...someday ;)
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5 / 5 stars

Oh my god guys! I don't even have words so this might be a short review but Mack.. oh my sweet Mack... he owns my heart. His and Izzy story was angst filled and burned me slow to the ground with the love pouring from their souls and the hurt these two carried over their past.
It was a beautiful love story and oh so sweet. My heart was so warm while reading this book. The love between them and the love Izzy had for her kids and then how fast and how hard Mack loved them too. I c
Anna
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm so angry right now!! So so angry!!!
What a piece of sh*t was this hero and what a doormat heroine!!!!
She was the love of his life, he was thinking about her every minute of every far during their 13 years separation!! But he didn't talk about how was her life with her parents who lived near him, he didn't call her, he didn't answer phone when she called him and needed him most!! What a piece of sh#t!!!
She was home alone when she started giving a birth to her first child. She waited at home fo
Ambriehl Khalil
Cell
Veronica WordsAreMyDrinkOfChoice
This review says everything I need to know:

I am beginning to think all the high reviews are bullshit.
Betül
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"The man had always bled pain. It was his biggest pitfall-his refusal to see that he could live outside of it. The belief that maybe my love could have been enough."

Pieces of Us is an emotional and beautiful second-chance contemporary romance. Maxon (Mack) already made an appearance in the previous two books of this series, so I already felt a bond with him. I wanted to meet the woman who would show him that he was worthy of happiness, love and a
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
***Spoiler free review***

A long weekend is the perfect time to get lost in a book written by Amy and I had every intention of reading this over several days. However, my book took control of my good intentions and within 24 hours I had inhaled this fabulous story!

This is the third story in the Confessions of the Heart series and whilst this can be read as a stand alone, I really do recommend that you read the other books as there is a little bit of cross over of characters. Maxon has been involv
Melissa B (bookaddict_fanatic)
Every time I read an A.L. Jackson book I know I'll be gutted, my heart will be shredded and eventually but ever so slowly she will piece it back together again.

Pieces of us was heartbreaking to the point of tears, sweet and witty with so many smiles and laughs but most of all it was a beautiful story about finding love, letting it go and realizing it was ALWAYS meant to be!

"But whose joy is forgotten is lost. And whose heart is free is found."

Mack was tortured by decisions and actions he made
Cc
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it
*******SPOILERS*******

Eh. It had the cheating trope I was looking for........but, eh. Didn't care for the writing, an example: "I blinked open my eyes, mind slowed with the drugs I could feel slogging through my veins.
But my sight was clear.
My heart right.
Soul no longer bent.” Kinda that KA, choppy, incomplete thought, Yoda poop style. It had a LOT going on, too. From secret baby, that baby having a serious disability, h having a second child, failed marriage, H past child abuse, death of a
Kathy Coopmans
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been shaken, ripped apart and shattered. A thousand tiny pieces of hope just scattered on the ground.
That’s how I feel every time I read an AL Jackson book.
But... you know she’s going to pick those pieces of hope up chunks at a time.
I’m certain this book is one of her most emotional reads. She had me blubbering for so long and then
I felt it, that lift to my heart, those pieces gluing together and nothing was going to break them
apart again.
Get ready babes for a journey that will tangle yo
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

No one does single parent, second chance romance like AL Jackson and Pieces of Us is exactly that! You don't need to have read Ian and Jace's story to enjoy Maxon and Izzy either, so feel free to pick this one up now!

Izzy's childhood dream was to be Maxon's wife. Then he crushed her, she left town and tried to move on with her life. She has two amazing sons, one who just got accepted into an experimental trial forcing Izzy to return home. Maxon is now a local cop and lives next to Izzy's p
MJ
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This last book in the Confessions of the Heart series, could very well be the most powerful one of all. All along I've been very curious about Maxon Chambers. The man who seemed to have the weight of the world on his shoulders as he made sure that his brothers, his best friends in Jace and Ian Jacobs, rose above their tortured pasts and had the lives they deserved. His protective ways seemed to help everyone else he cared for, but who was going to save him? His loner ways broke my heart and yet ...more
Amy
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5, Little Bird, Stars!!

“She was the kind of beauty that you couldn’t look away from. The kind that you got stuck on, wondering if you stared long enough, you could figure out if it was real.”

“My entire life had been nothing but a string of hurdles. No finish line in sight. Except for Izzy. She’d been my beginning. The girl had breathed her beauty and grace and goodness into my being. Made me think I could be something better. Saw me in a way I’d never seen myself.”

“He took a step forward, and
Tia Louise
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, my heart! I couldn't click fast enough reading this beautiful book.

It's passionate, it's emotional... it's perfect. I fell in love with Izzy right away--with her funny, sweet self, and Mack... omg. Hold me back! He is SO FINE. I just love a broken man with a gun... lol!

These two are survivors. They're so strong, and watching them find their way back to each other is intense and thrilling and SEXY... ahh!!!

Get ready, because this story will pull you in and hold you well past the final words
Natasha is a Book Junkie
I could kick myself for not reading this book sooner, but in a way, I am glad I got to experience it for the first time through an audiobook, especially when it's narrated by two of the best in the business (Andi Arndt and Jacob Morgan). We meet Maxon and Izzy thirteen years after they last saw one another, and we slowly discover why they broke up so many years before. But Izzy has not had an easy life since Maxon last saw her, and it is not only her forgiveness he will have to earn in order to ...more
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS BOOK

The reason i gave it 4 cause i need the other 2 books. So once i get them, i am sure i will change my star rate. I also listened to this on audio books and the voices were brilliant. And i am very picky with my audio books. If i don't like their voices and most importantly i can't visually see the story i stop listening.

I love Ben <3 he such a brave and strong boy. He that kid of kid that kids and adults should look up to

A MUST READ & LISTEN TOO. Look I said it capital letters i

• Undeniable (Cloverleigh Farms, #2)
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • For Lila, Forever
  • Boyfriend Bargain (Hawthorne University, #1)
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • Eleanor & Grey
  • Imperfect Match
  • My Life in Shambles
  • Stay
  • Choosing You (Pierced Hearts Duet, #2)
  • Method
  • Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1)
  • Tell Me To Stay
  • On the Rocks (Becker Brothers, #1)
  • Stay with Me
  • Infinite (Salvation, #7)
  • The Trouble With Love
A.L. Jackson is the New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary romance. She writes emotional, sexy, heart-filled stories about boys who usually like to be a little bit bad.

Her bestselling series include THE REGRET SERIES, CLOSER TO YOU, BLEEDING STARS, FIGHT FOR ME, CONFESSIONS OF THE HEART, and FALLING STARS novels. Grab her latest stand-alone, CATCH ME WHEN I FALL, free with

Confessions of the Heart (3 books)
  • More of You (Confessions of the Heart, #1)
  • All of Me (Confessions of the Heart, #2)