Start by marking “Buckley's Unexpected Adventure” as Want to Read:
Buckley's Unexpected Adventure

Buckley's Unexpected Adventure

Buckley, a young, enthusiastic detector dog, was about to clock off from his regular shift at the Brisbane International Airport when he uncovered a shipment of smuggled exotic animals. Discovering that all but one, a chameleon named Ciara, and two turtle eggs, had perished on the long journey, Buckley makes it his mission to track down who is behind the smuggling ring and ...more
Published April 12th 2019 by Dion Summergreene

To ask other readers questions about Buckley's Unexpected Adventure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buckley's Unexpected Adventure

Start your review of Buckley's Unexpected Adventure
Nildene
Full review to come. Look out on my blog for my tour stop!

heartwarming.
Star
Jul 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm a part of the Aus YA Bloggers book tour for this book.

What initially drew me into this story was the plot – and the fact that the main character was a dog! What kept me hooked was the fun, fast paced plot, and all of the incredible action this story has to offer.

Buckley is an airport sniffer dog – he is highly trained, and unique because he’s a German Shepard and airport sniffer dogs are usually Labrador Retrievers.

The adventure starts when Buckley and his human handler, Adam, inspect a late
LitPick Book Reviews
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Buckley’s Unexpected Adventure by Dion Summergreene is a fantastic story about a German Shepherd named Buckley who is a detector dog for the Australian Border Force at the Brisbane International Airport. He and his handler, Adam, work with their senior partners, Sarge and Bill, to make sure nothing and no one dangerous enters Australia. Buckley’s excited to do the work, but he’s disappointed this Christmas because Sarge and Bill are retiring. His best friend, a mouse named Bo, tries to convince ...more
Evelyn
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: queued-to-read
Buckley’s Unexpected Adventure – a book for middle grade and up.

Buckley is a German Shepherd with unique skills, working for the Australian Border Force (ABF) at the Brisbane International Airport. Being a runt, he wasn’t suitable to work as a Police K9 like his two older brothers, something they give him grief about. Still, he has some special skills and his job is a very important one, protecting our country.

What seems to be another ordinary day, an incredible discovery by Buckley starts off a
Sarah Fairbairn
Aug 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: loveozya-mg
In this new #LoveOzMG title, Buckley the detector dog discovers a crate of smuggled animals. He befriends the only surviving chameleon, this leads to a return smuggling plan of his own. Cue wacky hijinks, plane flights, run ins with other not so friendly animals, police chases, and unintentionally bringing down a major smuggling ring in a Bangkok shipping port.

Buckley’s Unexpected Adventure reads like a Pixar movie and I mean that as a compliment.
It’d make a hilarious movie. Think Zootopia, cros
Sarah Busby
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Busby boys (7yrs & 10yrs) have read Buckleys Unexpected Adventure over several reading sessions together. Both boys were interested in the characters, & learning about the different locations of the animals’ adventures. The chapters were short to read, and the story was very descriptive & expressive.

Yesterday we’ve left our copy of Buckley’s Unexpected Adventure at Perth airport, hoping the next young traveller/reader to pick up the book is also an animal lover, future environmentalist, & of co
Larissa Mcelrath
Oct 09, 2019
Jessie L.
Aug 13, 2019
Amy
Aug 01, 2019
Dion Summergreene
Apr 29, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Emily
Oct 06, 2020

• I Am Change
  • Snow
  • Sky
  • These Witches Don't Burn (These Witches Don't Burn, #1)
  • Forget Me Not
  • The Breakaways
  • Go See the Principal: True Tales from the School Trenches
  • Mooncakes
  • Kids Deserve It: Pushing Boundaries and Challenging Conventional Thinking
  • Among the Betrayed (Shadow Children, #3)
  • Among the Barons (Shadow Children, #4)
  • It Sounded Better in My Head
  • Toffee
Dion Summergreene was born in Sydney, New South Wales in 1980 and was creative from a very young age. He was always drawing and developing his own comic strips (usually based on his pet walking fish). Growing up in the 80s, he was surrounded by endless inspiration and inevitably became engulfed by the waves of pop culture icons that rippled across the globe.

He was very compassionate about animals

News & Interviews