Start by marking “The Two Husbands” as Want to Read:
The Two Husbands

The Two Husbands

Their Marriage Is Fake But Their Love Becomes Real

Martin is not the marrying kind – is he? He is happy with his single life and crazy dog Noodle. Or so he thinks until he bumps into old friend Luke.

Luke is in a fix and needs a home to convince the authorities that he is fit to take care of his recently orphaned niece. The thing is, he doesn’t have a place of his own and
Kindle Edition
Published April 19th 2019 (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Two Husbands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Two Husbands

Birte
Apr 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
so you think you get a book of several hundred pages, only to realize it's in fact a short story with lots of other stuff following for the next 7/8 th of said book.

on the plus side: it was free
Meep
May 26, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 2% I'd not normally rate but this was so awful I couldn't read on.

Very different vibe to that set by the cover. Two very gushy men, one too ridiculously klutz to live, did not read to where the niece was introduced because the fact she'd be left with them would annoy me.
It plays to the basest slapstick, poop (literally) in the face and ooh body-parts humour- very much not for me. Really saw no appeal.
Fritz42
Normally I like/love marriages of convenience, but I just could not get into this one. Frankly in my opinion, it seemed like it didn't know if it was supposed to be comedic (enough about the dog poop and the clumsy mishaps) or serious - one contrived mystery is my limit, let alone three. It was difficult for me to get through.

Straight Girl Goes Gay
My Video Review on Vimeo
My written and video reviews contain spoilers!

0 stars - DNF

(view spoiler)
Becky Baldridge
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This extended version of the original is so much better. It's still a bit busy and frenetic, but there are some much needed details that were missing in the shorter version and the story is more developed. The connection between Mason and Luke felt more real and I found myself rooting for this pair even though I already knew how that part of the tale would play out. It's a fun read with some silly thrown in to keep things light.
BookSnuggle
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The Making of a Family: Gay Best Friend Billionaire Romance by Van Cole
This is Martin and Luke’s story.

The idea of this story was good but fell short for me. Martin and Luke’s characters really frustrated me. Neither seemed to make the right decisions and there was a child involved. But in the end everything worked out.

FYI, contains mature content. This is a MM romance.
Coral Mitchell
An edited and extended version from this author. Martin is the same cooky character and Luke often forgets he is responsible for his young niece. Luke continues to believe everything his drug dealing ex says and centers his life around her. I had wished to see him grow up. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Pat
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written storyline that pulled me right into the story from the very beginning and the characters were so well developed that Martin and Luke made me feel like I was sitting right in their livingroom watching as their story unfolded.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Nancy Hall
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet love story!

Wonderful characters in a great discovery of love story. They do encounter a few hiccups along the way but the story keeps you interested and is a good page-turner.
Faye
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
To short. No sex. It is very hard to follow.
Sanna
Jun 03, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, mm, novellas-mm
An odd hot mess.
Virginia Lee
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was about friends who to overcome things to protect family. They will play the role of husband and finally they start to see what they are missing in front of their eyes. you will enjoy the journey of Luke & Martin
Wendy Ballard
Apr 26, 2019 rated it liked it
this book is a lot like most of the books out there about best friends M/M read it could be better
Sandra Walker
Apr 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Couldn't finish

This was so boring I could not and will not finish. Sorry just not the best I've found, but this was not worth my time.
Solveig