Start by marking “Perky (Do-Over, #2)” as Want to Read:
Perky (Do-Over, #2)

Perky

(Do-Over #2)

One hundred years ago when I was young and impulsive (okay, it was five, alright? Five years ago...) I let my boyfriend take, let's just say... compromising pictures of me.

(Shut up. It made sense at the time.)

Surprise! The sleazy back-stabbing jerk posted them on a website and, well, you can guess what happened. That's right.

I'm a meme. A really gross one.

You've seen the p
Published July 30th 2019 by Prosaic Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Perky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perky

Start your review of Perky (Do-Over, #2)
Christy

I'm so sad this one wasn't for me... I had such high hopes for it. Not only was it narrated by my favorite female narrator (Erin Mallon) but I really enjoy this authors writing style. I'll definitely read more by her. For me, this heroine was completely and utterly unlikable. I tried so hard to like her, but I had so many issues with her. And though I liked the hero, I never fell in love with him either. It's so hard to enjoy a book when you're not connected with any of the characters.
Elle Kennedy

PERKY

Five years ago, Parker betrayed her in the worst way possible, turning an intimate photo into a viral meme. When a chance encounter leads to a hot make-out session, Perky's all about revenge. Parker, on the other hand, still wants her back.

And what if it turns out she was wrong? What if he didn't do it?

With an electric connection and hot chemistry that makes her desperate for more, Perky's plans for revenge start t
Jacob Proffitt
Jan 13, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished
I picked this up despite the stupid title because the situation seemed interesting. Unfortunately, I can't take any of these people or their situations seriously. What woman chooses to be known as "Perky" after a topless picture of her becomes a popular internet meme? That's just beyond idiocy and is pretty much designed for the author to make boob jokes. And who is still in love with an ex five years after he (supposedly) betrayed her so intimately? She's all drooling over the guy and she still ...more
Penny Reid
Aug 03, 2019 marked it as to-read

Blair Babylon
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yet another amazing book from Julia Kent. Perky is the second book of a new trilogy, with the first one being Fluffy . The basic premise is that Persephone (Nickname: "Perky") was betrayed by her first love five years ago, when Parker took a topless but meme-worthy picture of her that was somehow released into the wild internet and went viral. Perky was, of course, shocked and humiliated, and surviving it was the hardest thing in her life. Parker maintains that he didn't do it, and he sets out i ...more
Sarina Bowen

Lady Heather
Publication Date: July 30, 2019

"5 -Can I Trust You Again?- Stars"

Have you ever finished a book and felt like this?

Yep, that's exactly how I felt when I finished this book.

This book was so smart, funny and entertaining.
I liked Perky in Fluffy, but I absolutely adored Perky's (Persephone) character in this book.

Perky is an honest, smart, loyal, funny and dramatic character to read. If she were real, I would definitely want to be her friend.
Life would never be boring with her in your world.

Cyndi
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
You can't blame our heroine for being angry. She texts an intimate picture to her boyfriend who she is planning on cohabitating with and he blasts it across the internet. Then someone turns it into a meme because of the dogs in the background. (oh for the days when you could tear up a photo you regretted. Granted sometimes this took some light burglary, but I digress)
She dumps him like a hot potato and her parents go through legal means to have the meme removed. But, as we all know, what enter
Stacey is Sassy
I'm loving the Do-Over series...

Still a wee bit silly, but I'm really enjoying this series. I love a good old series binge session.

The narrator does a fabulous job, but this is no surprise. I'm a fan of her style.

Time to get Feisty.
maggieandteddy
I love this author's humor. A mixture of dry humor and silliness.
Perky is the bff of the heroine from Fluffy.
1st person POV - Perky.
Once again our girl gets caught in an embarrassing situation. On film. On the internet.
Mallory (from Fluffy) now seems like the voice of reason. Perky really is OTT kooky.
I really like her. Wow, I need a strong cup (or 7) of coffee just to keep up.
Mallory's Will is great as a supporting character. He and Mallory really do back her up.
There's Perky's nemesis: H
Sawyer Bennett

Rachel Dyken

Meghan March
Aug 07, 2019 marked it as to-read

L.J. Shen
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing

⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH ONE OF A VARIETY OF SOURCES. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

When I first learned of this book, I was very excited to read about such a strong and independent woman. Unfortunately, my excitement waned very quickly once I started the book and I'm afraid that I'm going to be the diss
book bruin
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Audiobook Review

Overall 3 stars
Performance 5 stars
Story 2.5 stars

I laughed a ton in this second chance/enemies to lovers romance. We met Perky in the previous book Fluffy, but this story can still be enjoyed as a standalone. It will be most appreciated though if you read the books in order.

Perky starts off pretty much where the previous book left off, but I don't think new listeners will have much trouble getting up to speed. There are lots of over the top and hilarious moments throughout, but t
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Perky is just too funny but I totally get why she was so agree with Parker but when the truth comes out its like wow didn't I see that coming and to get the truth was fun even though there was some oops moments. lol ...more
Happily Mary After
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-july
Perky is another laugh-out-loud, sexy romantic comedy from Julia Kent, and you do not want to miss this fun, feel-good second-chance romance. Parker and Persephone, aka Perky, were deeply in love when he broke her heart and caused her to become an infamous meme. They haven’t seen or talked to one another in five years when they’re reunited at their friends’ wedding, and the sparks fly and chemistry sizzles as soon as they’re in the same room again. It’s obvious there is still a lot of love — and ...more
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this one. It's a funny read. Persephone (Perky) is a wild card, you never really know what she's going to do. Her friends are just as fun as her. The banter between all of characters is funny. Perky was the unfortunate victim of a meme with her in it having been shared all over. She blames Parker, her ex, for it. It's been five years since she has seen or talked to Parker. They are reunited at Will and Mallory rehearsal rehearsal dinner. If you read Fluffy, Will and Mallory in this one a ...more
Lisa Mandina
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, I keep asking myself why in the world I waited to read a book by Julia Kent. This one is my 2nd, and it might even be better than the first one! The number of times I stopped to post an update on Goodreads as I was reading because I wanted to remember a line or something that happened was silly. Usually I only update my Goodreads status when I've stopped reading the book for a while because I'm having to go do something else. But one night while I was reading in bed, I kept disturbing ...more
Ilsa Madden-Mills

Willow Winters

Jan
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another brilliant rom-com from Julia Kent, these characters are contagious, I laughed so many times, a mood up-lifter for sure.

Quirky characters, three women who each in their own way are oddballs. I read fluffy, loved it and this is the second book in the series featuring Mallory's best friend Perky in a second chance romance with Parker.

Perky is full of laugh out loud moments, hot moments, embarrassing moments, witty characters sisterhood and second chances.

A recommended light uplifting rea
Mandy
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This awesome sequel to the hilarious Fluffy brings all our favourite characters together again. Persephone, or Perky as she prefers to be called, is in a dilemma.  The man she loved but who betrayed her is back after 5 years of being apart and her hormones are in a state of quantum flux and her heart doesn't know whether to reach out or run for cover.

Perky's trust in Parker Campbell, now the esteemed Congressman Parker Campbell, was torn to shreds when she believed that he posted a topless pictu
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Another laugh out loud love story with added swoon, as told from the mind of Julia Kent.

Five years ago Persephone (Perky) and Parker were falling in love. Five years ago one picture fractured that love. Five years later, Perky and Parker once again find themselves in each other's orbit and both must face some truths before they can forgive the past and move forward as a couple. This was a funny quirky couple who are their own worst enemies in the best way possible.

""You're everything to me, P
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Audiobook review. Persephone was hurt deeply five years before. What happened to her is an unfortunate reality for many women today and the plot was certainly relevant. However, there is more to the story that she was too hurt to see or hear. Perhaps the man who’d continued to relentlessly pursue her wasn’t the one to do her wrong.

Persephone, or Perky, as she’s nicknamed herself, was a woman who didn’t hold back. She was honest, loyal, protective and a little quirky. I loved her. She was in den
Alaina
Yay I'm getting closer to finishing this one!

Getting to know this group of people in the do-over series has been a wild ride. Perky was another great book in this series. It is just something about this group of friends that makes me smile and want to dive into the next book ASAP. Of course, this one was a second chance at romance for Parker and Persephone.

At first, they were in love. Then there's so much betrayal and they broke up. Later in life, they reconnected and everything just made sens
Jessica Hawkins

Aaly
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
review-blog

*** ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review ***

Perky was a hilarious, tremendous and so much fun story.  Be ready to come back to this place when the characters had no filters and mostly the most uncensored of all, Persephone, « Perky ».

A woman with a dazzling personality, who doesn’t give a damn about what people think.

Hot tempered, stubborn and passionate. She was so unpredictable at times, wild and also not letting any men too close after Parker’s betrayal.

Perk

• Just the Tip
  • The What If Guy (The Guys Who Got Away, #2)
  • Parental Guidance (Ice Knights, #1)
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words
  • Hate 2 Lovers (2 Lovers, #2)
  • P.S. It's Always Been You: Part 1
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed (Always Satisfied #1)
  • Cupids Anonymous (Cupids, #1)
  • My Sinful Longing (Sinful Men #3)
  • Text 2 Lovers (2 Lovers, #1)
  • My Sinful Desire (Sinful Men #2)
  • The Aussie Next Door (Patterson's Bluff #1)
  • Instant Gratification (Always Satisfied #3)
  • P.S. It's Always Been You (Always Satisfied, #4)
  • My Sinful Love (Sinful Men #4)
  • Delayed Satisfaction (Always Satisfied, #0.5)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Julia Kent writes romantic comedy with an edge. Since 2013, she has sold more than 2 million books, with 5 New York Times bestsellers and more than 21 appearances on the USA Today bestseller list. Her books have been translated into French and German, with more titles releasing in 2020.

From billionaires to BBWs to new adult rock stars, Julia finds a

Do-Over (4 books)