Start by marking “Redeemed (The Matawapit Family #2)” as Want to Read:
Redeemed (The Matawapit Family #2)

Redeemed

(The Matawapit Family #2)

Bridget Matawapit is an Indigenous activist, daughter of a Catholic deacon, and foster mother to Kyle, the son of an Ojibway father—the ex-fiancé she kicked to the curb after he chose alcohol over her love. With Adam out on parole and back in Thunder Bay, she is determined to stop him from obtaining custody of Kyle.

Adam Guimond is a recovering alcoholic and ex-gangbanger n
ebook, First Edition, 362 pages
Published April 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Redeemed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redeemed

Start your review of Redeemed (The Matawapit Family #2)
Addison Carmichael
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this second Matawapit Family book REDEEMED even more than the first! Maggie Blackbird really draws you into this world and these characters that are completely believable and relatable. As in the first book, this story touches on subjects we tend to shy away from (gang violence, foster system, etc.). Yet, it also draws us into the story in such a way that it forces us to look beyond our own limited viewpoints on them. Mostly, this is a story each and every one of us can relate to ...more
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
They have a push and pull relationship that just makes them grow closer as Adam recovers. I enjoyed their story. Some scenes are a bit slow moving. The sex is good but this more of an emotional book rather than a romance. Redeemed is an intricate, heavy story that I enjoyed reading.

Full Review - http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/reviews/...
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book pulled me in and kept me entranced till the end. The feelings of love, hate, and pain coming out in waves making you want to cry while you read. This was such a beautiful book! I loved the characters wholesomeness!

Barbara James
Sep 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Heather Wamboldt
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Redeemed is the second book in the Matawapit Family series.

This story has great characters that have a past together but are not supposed to have a future. The storyline is well written and brings to light some hard subjects to deal with such as foster care and gangs. There are also family issues and the history of the indigenous community in Canada.

Is there any way that Adam can redeem himself and he and Bridget can be a family together with Kyle or has too much damage been done?

I read and rev
Jeanne Richardson
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd book I've read written by Maggie Blackbird; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Mary
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is intense, emotional and interesting. Adam and Bridget are not meant to be together, but when tragedy strikes, Adam begs Bridget for help. The longer they work together, the harder it is for them to ignore their feelings for each other. There's just enough drama to keep it interesting without going overboard.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author. This is my honest and voluntary review of it.
Barbara
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
The second book in Matawapit Family series and Deacon Matawapit is just getting worse. This story centers around Bridget Matawapit, Adam Guimond an ex con, and his son Kyle. I enjoyed reading how this story comes together.I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Tayra Sanders
Robin
May 25, 2019
Bridgett
May 28, 2019

• Sometimes Rogues Return (WCPC Paranormal Consultants #3)
  • Do What You Are : Discover the Perfect Career for You Through the Secrets of Personality Type
  • Tallchief
  • The Dearly Beloved
  • Stealing the Biker's Heart (Dogs of Fire MC: Savannah Chapter, #2)
  • Saving the Preacher's Daughter (Dogs of Fire MC: Savannah Chapter, #1)
  • Clever As The Devil: Kimber Cassidy Mysteries #1
  • Heather (Hart Land Book 1)
  • Testing the Crown (Crimson Realm Chronicles, #5)
  • Finding Love (Maple Run #2)
  • Grit
  • Beautifully Undone (The Beaumont Brothers, #3)
  • Lord of Scoundrels (Scoundrels, #3)
  • Forget Me Not (Catalina Cove #2)
  • Heart of the West
  • Fortune is a Woman
  • Daring Daniella (The Unsettling of Golden River Book 2)
  • The Case of the Dead Frat Boy (Mai-Fly Mysteries, #1)
An Ojibway from Northwestern Ontario, Maggie resides in the country with her husband and their fur babies, two beautiful Alaskan Malamutes. When she’s not writing, she can be found pulling weeds in the flower beds, mowing the huge lawn, walking the Mals deep in the bush, teeing up a ball at the golf course, fishing in the boat for walleye, or sitting on the deck at her sister’s house, making more ...more

The Matawapit Family (4 books)
  • Blessed (The Matawapit Family #1)
  • Sanctified (The Matawapit Family #3)
  • Renewed (The Matawapit Family #4)