Start by marking “Wicked As You Wish (A Hundred Names for Magic, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wicked As You Wish (A Hundred Names for Magic, #1)

Wicked As You Wish

(A Hundred Names for Magic #1)

Tala Warnock has little use for magic – as a descendant of Maria Makiling, the legendary Filipina heroine, she negates spells, often by accident. But her family’s old ties to the country of Avalon (frozen, bespelled, and unreachable for almost 12 years) soon finds them guarding its last prince from those who would use his kingdom’s magic for insidious ends.

And with the ri
Expected publication: March 3rd 2020 by Sourcebooks Fire

To ask other readers questions about Wicked As You Wish, please sign up.
Rin Chupeco A tentative date is 2020. Some very new and happy announcements this month, hopefully!
Rin Chupeco Eep. I actually didn't know that this planned book had already found its way to Goodreads until you asked this question! As of today (10/13/2014) -

…more

1.) no publisher has seen this manuscript;
2.) not even my agent has read this;
3.) because I am working on revisions, there is no final version

I am very grateful that people seem to like this book, and are adding it to their to-read pile, and I thank whoever it was that added it to GR. But there are no plans for this book just yet, given the points mentioned above!

I'll be announcing any new updates on my blog or on my Twitter account. It's an odd, whimsical manuscript that needs a lot of mind wrestling to get right (hence the constant revisions), and very different from my horror books. It's one I am hoping to share with you guys soon!(less)

Melanie
After reading this synopsis, 12 years were added to my life.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch
Rin Chupeco
May 23, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
EDIT: for everything you might like to know about WICKED AS YOU WISH, a thread: https://twitter.com/RinChupeco/status...

Join the street team: https://t.co/BdYEVFWpwL

---------------------------

This was the first book I'd ever written, shelved way back in 2010 because it wasn't "marketable", according to the feedback that I'd believed then.

Except every book I'd published since wasn't really marketable either. THE GIRL FROM THE WELL wasn't marketable because "horror didn't sell". THE BONE WITCH was
Divine Anas
THANKS TO THIS I NOW HAVE A 2020 MUST HAVE SHELF THIS EARLY. AHHHHHHHH FINALLY THE FILIPINO FANTASY REP I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR.
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
RIN CHUPECO REALLY ISNT COMING TO PLAY WITH ALL THESE UPCOMING RELEASES
turniip
Not the book for me and that’s okay!
Isa Lavinia
Jun 14, 2014 marked it as wishlist
I NEED THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW!
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Ooo some promising releases coming it seems
Breanna Boyer
Feb 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
Yeeeaaaaaa I need this book like now!!
Claire (bookscoffeeandrepeat)
"Maria Makiling"
"Filipina"

description

This Filipina can't wait to read this one!
Raquel Flockhart
ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.
♠️ TABI ♠️
May 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: pre-ordered
amanda ✧
Jun 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
GOT THIS BEAUTIFUL ARC IN BOOKCON AND I’M HELLA EXCITED TO READ THIS SO MUCH ❤❤ rin chupeco i am ready for that filo rep and mythology!! ...more
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
May 12, 2019 marked it as tbr-unreleased
Shelves: 2020-releases, arcs
Booklover925
Mar 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
IM SO EXCITED OMG. FINALLY A FILIPINA IN A FANTASY BOOK.

Update 5.30.19
That cover is beautiful!
Meghan
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
I received this book as an ARC from Sourcebooks Fire in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I could not put this book down. I am a huge lover of modernized fairy tales and Rin Chupeco does a brilliant job marrying the worlds and with Wicked as You Wish she does that beautifully with the Snow Queen. I also love books that focus on the drama and conflict such as the mystery of the Avalon family and the secrets of Prince Alexei and his
Laura Mauro
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
* I got this book for review for my honest thoughts*
This book was such a welcome surprise. I loved both the set up of this book and also how this book was structured. I really was impressed and captured by the world building throughout the whole novel. I thought the main characters were super easy to become invested in and also really loved the "rag tag bunch of heroes". I also really enjoyed the various fairy tale characters that used to that filled this world . I really loved the pace of this
Kelly Erickson
This is absolutely one of my new all time favorites. I cannot wait for the sequel
Brianna Peterson
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was incredible! It's filled with funny characters, has a light/fast pace that I appreciated, and I loved how old fairy tales were reworked into this story. I've been a big fan of Rin Chupeco's work since the beginning, and I look forward to the next books in this series.
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Jan 12, 2017
Jun 17, 2019
Joelene Weeks
May 13, 2019

• Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)
  • Harley in the Sky
  • Guardians of Dawn (Guardians of Dawn, #1)
  • Incendiary
  • Woven in Moonlight
  • The Magnolia Sword: A Ballad of Mulan
  • The Gilded Ones (Deathless, #1)
  • Nocturna (A Forgery of Magic, #1)
  • Sick Kids in Love
  • A River of Royal Blood (A River of Royal Blood, #1)
  • No Judgments (Little Bridge Island, #1)
  • Suggested Reading
  • Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)
  • I Love You So Mochi
  • It's a Whole Spiel
  • A Book Dragon
  • Full Disclosure
  • Ink in the Blood (Ink in The Blood, #1)
For updates, events, and new releases, sign up for her newsletter at http://www.rinchupeco.com/newsletter Unfortunately, I cannot accept friend requests at this time - Amazon detects these friends' lists on Goodreads and prevents the people on them from leaving book reviews!

------------------------

Despite an unsettling resemblance to Japanese revenants, Rin always maintains her sense of hummus. Bo

A Hundred Names for Magic (2 books)
  • Untitled (A Hundred Names for Magic, #2)