Start by marking “The ​Crow Rider (The Storm Crow, #2)” as Want to Read:
The ​Crow Rider (The Storm Crow, #2)

The ​Crow Rider

(The ​Storm Crow #2)

Princess Thia, her allies, and her crow, Res, are planning a rebellion to defeat Queen Razel and Illucia once and for all. Thia must convince the neighboring kingdoms to come to her aid, and Res’s show of strength is the only thing that can help her.

But so many obstacles stand in her way. Res excels at his training, until he loses control of his magic, harming Thia in the
Published July 7th 2020 by Sourcebooks Fire

To ask other readers questions about The ​Crow Rider, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kalyn Josephson The answer to this is in THE CROW RIDER! :)

Start your review of The ​Crow Rider (The Storm Crow, #2)
Mary S. R.
(3.5 ★’s)

“You only fail if you stop trying.”

Last year with The Storm Crow, I felt its theme of depression due to my own past. This year, reading the sequel, I feel it because I’m experiencing it this very moment.

Depression is a funny thing (pardon my insensitivity) because in every single person it haunts, it brings a different battle; an ocean of self-doubt, a blanket of exhaustion, a mist of loneliness, a well of pointlessness, suffocating, suffocating, always suffocating you. And it never
jessica
Jun 01, 2020 rated it liked it
i was beyond ecstatic to receive an ARC of this. i remember ‘the storm crow’ being a wildly imaginative and entertaining story, so i was excited to jump right back into the world and this sequel hits the ground running.

it literally picks up where the last book left off and i immediately found myself not remembering little details, such as how several characters were connected, what was going on with the different kingdoms, and how the magic system worked. i wanted to blame it on my memory, but
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
What a friggin ride.

Also Ericen. Hello, my boy.

I was lucky enough to read an early version and yeahhhh you all are in for it. It's SO GOOD.

I'll write a full review soon, my loves!
Kalyn Josephson
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I'm really, really proud of all the work that went into this book, and I can't wait to share it with you all. Thia's journey has meant a lot to me, and hearing what it's meant to others has been incredible. I hope you're all ready for a lot more magic, action, and cute little crows (or rather big crows, I suppose). ...more
Sol ~ TheBookishKing
Not this book making me HELLA emotional during the epilogue !!

AGH this was seriously so so so so SO good. I'm Big Sad having to leave this world and characters behind but this had the Perfect ** ending.

ReviewToComeSoon <3

Véronique
Ohmygod how am I going to manage waiting for this one after just finishing The Storm Crow 😭
Vivianne
The Storm Crow: 4.5 stars
The Crow Rider: 4.5 stars

I really REALLY enjoyed this. I did not expect this duology to be this great!

Contains spoilers from down here!

________________________________

Things I liked!
- I loved the world. So interesting, refreshing and well explained. It had also the right size for this short duology and expanded well in this final installment. Reallt enjoyed reading about this

- I loved the mental illness rep and how that wove into the mc daily life.

- I loved the LGB
Beth
3 Stars!

To start with I just want to say that this was probably one of my most anticipated reads of the year. When I read The Storm Crow last year, I just connected with it on another level, I loved the idea of magical crows, the characters were so endearing, so much representation, I was here for it. So why did this get 3 stars you may ask? I'm going to start with the positives and then work my way to the things I didn't enjoy.

The representation in this book, is probably one of my favourites. T
Frankie Lovely
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Storm Crown

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

The Story
Thia and her crow Res battle to return her world to the one she lost.

What I like

Just like I wrote in my review of The Storm Crow, This world continues to be very interesting and captivating. This duology is very well written and crafted and enjoyable across the board. I loved the characters and Thia’s character growth from beginning to end. As well as the political aspects of this stor
Atlas
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
* *
2 / 5

I enjoyed The Storm Crow, the first book in this duology, rating it a solid 4/5 stars. The main selling point for me was, obviously, the huge crows with magic powers that people ride. I really rooted for Thia too, who was battling her depression and found it hard to get out of bed in the morning. Unfortunately, The Crow Rider just didn't grip me at all, and I paged through it listlessly, waiting for it to end.

The first problem was that I had read the previous book well over a year ago,
rachel ☾
#1) The Storm Crow ★★★★★

Trigger warnings for (view spoiler).

BlogTrigger Warning DatabaseTwitterInstagram
Jackie ϟ Bookseller
I received a beautiful physical ARC of this title from Sourcebooks Fire in exchange for an honest review.

An emotional and exciting conclusion. RTC
Tilly
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars

I am a huge fan of The Storm Crow and told everyone I know to read it and kept on talking about how brilliant it is. I was over the moon to receive an arc copy of The Crow Rider and so excited to read it and see how this story ends.

I was not let down. Kalyn Josephson is an incredible writer. She made me feel so many emotions and had me clinging to the edge of my seat. I rarely knew what was going to happen next and completely enjoyed the ride (pun intended!).

I love ALL the characters in t
Chelsies Reading Escape
I loved the main character Thias determination to keep fighting even when the odds were against her. With the support of her friends and family she manages to push through the heavy despair of depression and put together a plan to stop Razel. I felt like Thia had more agency in this sequel and that's probably why I preferred it over the first book. I did get frustrated with everyone deciding what they should do with Prince Ericen. I just wanted them to respect her judgment since she knows him be ...more
Mary Seaman
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
ARC provided by Edelweiss

I am happy this is just a duology, I don't think my heart can take anymore.

I was always on the edge of my seat with this one. There was betrayals, battles, political espionage, the list goes on. I don't think there was ever a slow moment.

I really loved the unity of the characters. They may disagree and banter but they always found ways to help one another. I think with Thia's depression that will be really helpful. All the characters were complex too, not always-make-th
Diana
Jul 19, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3'5★

I loved the first book, and I jumped at the chance of finally! reading the second one. Immediately I remembered why I loved the first one so much: we have a MC who isn't perfect, but most of all, for me she was relatable because she struggles with her mental health. She has had an overpowering mother who always asked too much, and she keeps trying to remember she is more, she deserves more, she can do this, And along the lecture, her struggles are real, they are present, and she has coping m
Mel (Epic Reading)
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-netgalley
This series feels like it should have been a trilogy. I feel there is a lot more that could have been said and done with our characters. The plot easily had room to elaborate on the complexity and not wrap things up so quick.
While it’s a good duology and I really enjoyed it; I can’t help but wonder if it could have been more. That said the author is young and new so there are hopefully many more stories to come.
Full RTC.
karli
Jun 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: covers
4/5 stars!

Thank you Sourcebooks for sending me an ARC of this book! All opinions are my own.

Wow, what a ride this duology was!

If you follow me you may have heard me speak about how much I loved The Storm Crow last year. It was an engaging new fantasy world with fascinating lore and a fun love triangle that also took the discussion of mental health into a genre that extremely lacks it. I loved the beginning of Thia's story and I loved the end. I do have to admit I was a bit more engaged with t
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
Thank you Sourcebooks Fire for the ARC.

I swear I’m so in love with these covers *heart eyes*

The Storm Crow: ★ ★ ★ ★

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin’
Darce
buddy read with the wonderful mina!

hmm. hmm hmm hmm.
this wasn't as good as the first one. i'm not sure why, maybe because the charm from the unique aspects of book 1 had worn off? maybe because i had pretty much forgotten everything from the previous book? either way, i didn't love this. i didn't hate it, but i didn't love it.

completely average.
The Nerd Daily
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Nathalie DeFelice

I’ve been eagerly anticipating the release of this book! After reading The Storm Crow last year, I just knew I needed to get my hands on the sequel as soon as I could. Now that I’ve finished reading it, I’m eager to see it get into the hands of other readers. The Crow Rider continues where we left off in The Storm Crow and continues to stoke the fires of rebellion. There’s growth and change between characters, and I couldn’t put
Jessica
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to read an early copy of this and HOLY CROW. I couldn’t put it down. I was so desperate to see what happens to Thia and Co, and I wasn’t disappointed! This book dives deepen into the world Josephson created, with thrilling action, intriguing magic, and the perfect amount of romance. THE CROW RIDER is gorgeously written, and it’s a very satisfying conclusion to the tale begun in THE STORM CROW.
Rosario
Mar 14, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I can't wait for this! I don't know how im going to last till next year its like im waiting for the next marvel movie to come out. ...more
Leah
Jun 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Don't you just love it when a series you loved at the start end just the same? It's like everything is right with the world when you hit that final page. The Crow Rider is exactly that. It starts off with a bang, and ends on just the right satisfying note.

Full review at Write, Read, Repeat

This book picks up almost immediately after the end of The Storm Crow. Thia, her storm crow and her friends are on the run after nearly being captured by Illucia's tyrant queen, Razel. They are sailing to the
Victoria BookLover
I won’t call this my final review of the book because I’ve been in such a reading slump. We can say that this is a composition of my initial thoughts. Not only do I need to do a reread, but I need to do that reread when I’m not in a slump because it definitely affected my feelings.

So prepare for SPOILERS because they’re coming.

After reading the storm crow, I will say I was thoroughly interested in getting my hands on the sequel due to a couple of things that the author left me wanting more of;
Caylynn
May 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-release
"You walked into one of the most dangerous kingdoms in the world and faced one of the cruelest, most conniving people I have ever met, and you survived."

Hmmmm. hmmmmmmmm

I wasn't feeling this sequel guys. It was so mediocre. I feel like, in the last year alone, I have read so many dueologies/trilogies that rushed their climax like this CROW RIDER did, and it either feels like the battle never happened or it drags on for 1/3 of the book.

Seeing how the CROW RIDER starts of instantly where the
Melissasfandomworld
The Storm Crow | ⭐⭐⭐⭐ | REVIEW
The Crow Rider | ⭐⭐⭐

You only fail if you stop trying.
Never stop fighting.

description

Oh, it’s so hard to review this book. On the one hand, I’m really sad I’m done with this duology and I just want more more more because this world is truly interesting. On the other hand, this 2nd installment wasn’t exactly what I was hoping to get either and disappointed on some points as well.

Let me start with pointing out some things that I wasn’t overly excited about;

- I think
Meaghan
Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
I really enjoyed this finale!! (Honestly, I really enjoyed this duology overall.) It's definitely not a favorite series ever, but I genuinely would recommend this, and felt it stuck out (in a good way) from other YA fantasy series out there!

My review of The Storm Crow really went into detail on what this book/series does differently from other YA fantasy books, and after finishing its sequel, I can safely say that most of those features continued well into this book!

First, I absolutely love how
Brooke Witherow
Nov 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was great seeing Res and Thia in action! An enjoyable sequel. I also like how things turned out with Ericen.
Sydni
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
this was just a bit....underwhelming? I really enjoyed the first one and loved the characters and the story but this sequel was just alright. Didn’t find myself to care too much about any of the characters so I took that as a sign that this book just isn’t for me. There were of course parts I enjoyed so if you like big birds with magic, romance and, lots of fighting well, this is the book for you!!

ARC provided by publisher via Netgalley<3 Thank you!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • The Henna Wars
  • You Deserve Each Other
  • Unravel the Dusk  (The Blood of Stars, #2)
  • The Grace Year
  • Winterwood
  • The Fascinators
  • A Song Below Water (A Song Below Water, #1)
  • Jo & Laurie
  • The Crown's Fate (The Crown's Game, #2)
  • My Dark Vanessa
  • Chosen Ones (The Chosen Ones, #1)
  • Sword in the Stars (Once & Future #2)
  • Date Me, Bryson Keller
  • Meet Me at Midnight
  • Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of Orïsha, #2)
  • The Faithless Hawk (The Merciful Crow, #2)
  • The Girl and the Stars (Book of the Ice, #1)
Kalyn Josephson is the author of THE STORM CROW duology and the upcoming RAVENFALL (2022) and THIS DARK DESCENT (2023). By day, she's a Technical Writer in Silicon Valley, which leaves room for too many bad puns about technically being a writer. She grew up in San Luis Obispo, CA, but now lives in the Bay Area with two black cats (who are more like a tiny dragon and an even tinier owl).

The ​Storm Crow (2 books)
  • The Storm Crow (The Storm Crow, #1)