Start by marking “Meet Cute” as Want to Read:
Meet Cute

Meet Cute

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  8,606 ratings  ·  1,436 reviews
9 hours, 18 minutes

The New York Times best-selling author of Pucked and The Good Luck Charm delivers a Hollywood happily ever after where a famous heartthrob falls for his ultimate fangirl in this sexy stand-alone romantic comedy.

Goodreads' hottest romances of 2019.

Kailyn Flowers was always calm, rational, and controlled - until she ended up sprawled all over Daxton Hughe
Audible Audio, Unabridged
Published April 9th 2019 by Hachette Audio

To ask other readers questions about Meet Cute, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meet Cute

·  8,606 ratings  ·  1,436 reviews

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“I feel her breath on my chin. It’s fruity, like she was eating something sweet before I arrived. I wonder what that smart mouth tastes like. I wonder if she kisses like she argues.”

description

Oh Houston, we have so many problems.

description
_______________

The Story

This was surprisingly my first Helena Hunting book and I anticipated it so much! Maybe that's why it was such a letdown for me... Anyway, when I saw the cover of this book, I thought it was just the light fluffy rom-com I needed at the moment. I've b
Cristina | CristiinaReads
An emotionally captivating, yet sexy and steamy meet cute that will have you enchanted for more of Daxton and Kailyn's story...

I have to start off by saying that anyone who knows me, knows that my love, adoration and obsession for anything written by Helena Hunting is right there amongst my love for Penelope Douglas and Tessa Bailey as one of my favorite authors due to the fact that she has this magical mind of expressing in words the madness and sweetness that is a true romance novel. She alw
Warda
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 ⭐
That cover is clearly a deception. The cuteness of it all doesn’t reflect the depth and the emotions this story had for me.
But I guess that’s part of the surprise and the whole don’t-judge-a-book-by-its-cover thing.

These two main characters did indeed end up having a ‘Meet Cute’. Kailyn is our lovable fangirl and Dax was the star of a hit TV show. A heart throb. She fawns over him, then realises they have the same class together. They attended law school and once all that is over, their
Larry H
3.5 stars.

"I always imagined that if I met one of my favorite celebrities, I'd act cool, be all casual about it, treat them like a regular person. Obviously I was very wrong about that."

It's the first day of law school, and Kailyn is ready to kick ass and take names. And then on her way to her first class, she—literally—runs into Daxton Hughes, the television actor she was utterly obsessed with as a teenager...and might still be now. (She still watches marathons of the long-canceled show and has
Paromjit
Helena Hunting writes a hugely entertaining and light hearted novel of family and romance set in Los Angeles, that was just what I needed after some dark, disturbing and unsettling reads. Trust lawyer Kailyn Flowers is almost 30 years old, ambitiously chasing a partnership, working all hours to ensure that this dream comes true. On her first day at law school, Kailyn is knocked over by Daxton Hughes, a famous child actor that she harboured a huge crush on, with an obsession for the series he sta ...more
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I look back up at him, and my explanation gets stuck in my throat when I stop to really take him in. I recognize his face as one I’ve had endless fantasies about all through my teen years. And into my adult ones.

MEET CUTE is an ”enemies-to-lovers” romance with just the right dose of schmexy, heart, and a little dash of intrigue all rolled up into one perfect package. I instantly fell in love with the main characters and the plot. This is why
Whitney Atkinson
Thanks to Forever for sending me an advanced copy for review!

DNF at 250 pages.

Nothing was particularly horrible about this book that forced me to stop reading it, I just wasn't invested enough to care whether I finished the last 100 pages or not. I think what I expected from this book and what it turned out to be were two different things, and I'm disappointed that this was far below my expectations. Still, I think this book has its audience and some positives, it just wasn't for me.

My biggest
Sara
Mar 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say that Romance is not a genre i particularly enjoy in general but i did receive an Arc of this from Netgalley and thought i would give it a fair chance.
This was a very sweet story, it has more bite than your usual Rom-Com and tackles some serious topics tactfully.

Bits of it were charming, bits of it were fairly cringe for me but overall the plot wasn't too bad. I did have issues with the villain though, she seemed almost cartoonish and predictable in terms of how "villainous" she w
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS
she seems to have a pretty serious hate-on for me. That rivalry used to amp me up back then, and apparently it still does.

So full disclosure; I'm not sure why, but after reading the blurb and seeing the ADORABLE cover, I was expecting a steamy, laugh out loud rom-com. This book was not quite that. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. While it wasn't quite what I expected, I still fell in love with this story and these characters.

This was an incredibly sweet, character-driven, heart
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by Forever-Grand Central Publishing)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Kailyn Flowers is excited to attend Law school at UCLA. On her first day she’s so caught up in her schedule she doesn’t see the hot guy coming her way until she collides with him. Then she’s on the ground looking up into the eyes of her teen crush, child TV star Daxton Hughes. She’s been infatuated with him and his show for years, and had a massive crush on the fictional character he portrayed. To make things more awkward, he’s also in h
Hulya Kara Yuksel
This book was so different than I've expected it (also despite the cute book cover, story was so emotional) but still I've enjoyed reading it. <3

Wendy'sThoughts
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Helena Hunting Fans, Romance
3.5 Cute Meet Meets Real Stars
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
For those who love RomComs, the traditional opening scene is a "Cute Meet"... a mistaken identity, bumping into the hottest guy only to have him be your (insert) boss, professor, neighbor, science partner, and or slamming into "The One" with a huge drink or hand full of files go all over the person who was bumped. Chemistry is hidden by the confusion of the event and any other circumstances thrown in. This first meeting will set the tone, the f
Corina

First I need to mention that this did not feel like a typical rom-com. And I think if that’s what you are expecting, you will be disappointed. Instead it’s a touching and heartfelt love-story with some LOL moments, but it’s NOT what I would perceive as a rom-com. The cover is a bit misleading too. Nevertheless this book was a wonderful surprise – and should be read by anyone who loves something a bit more emotional and heartwarming.

This book was one of the biggest surprises of 2019 s
Malene
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meet Cute was definitely cute, funny and swoon worthy. The dynamics between Dax, his thirteen year old sister Emme, Kailyn and her best friend Holly were absolutely fabulous. Every character had so much heart and charisma.
Dax and Kailyn know one another from law school and had a fierce competitive relationship. Both strived to be the best at everything and enjoyed riling each other up. When they meet 5 years later it’s not with fond memories of their past. Not when it comes to Kailyn. She holds
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
So I'm a type of reader who very rarely reads blurbs lol So the cover is pretty much all I have before I dive into the book and I thought this was going to be a romcom. hehe Well, imagine my surprise when this turned out to be a pretty angsty read dealing with tragedy & coping with loss. I know these new cute covers are all the rage but in this case, I don't think it reflects the story inside. But at any rate, I it's about the story and not the cover and the story was great! I really enjoyed ...more
L.J. Shen
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was so much more than I ever expected it to be.
So much more than a romance.
It wasn't just MORE, it was EVERYTHING.

Kaitlyn and Dax are going to own you for the duration of this read. Meet Cute is funny, angsty, deep, entertaining and gut-wrenching. Helena Hunting's writing is flawless, as always, but this is by far her best work to date. It was a real treat and I still sometimes go back to it to read my favorite paragraphs.

Six "Hollywood Heartthrob Meets Awesome Fangirl" Stars!
&#x1d4e2;&#x1d4f1;&#x1d4f2;&#x1d4fb;&#x1d4f5;&#x1d4ee;&#x1d502; ♡
“Sometimes the darkest tragedies bring us the brightest lights.”

I didn’t think I was going to enjoy it as much as I did. I loved the characters since the first chapter and the story was emotional and beautiful.
*TANYA*
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I needed something sweet, angst-free and bubble gum. Well that’s not exactly what I got but I’m not complaining. I really enjoyed this story.
Tracy  C
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kailyn and Dax's meet cute was so adorable!! From her tumbling into him on campus to years later when they meet again, the chemistry is always simmering. When she helps him with his sister and she really gets to know him, the chemistry ignites and feeling come into play. Dax's situation is heartbreaking, but in the end Kailyn is really instrumental in getting him and Emme through it, despite mistakes on both sides.
✨Skye✨
I received a free ebook version of this from Netgalley. Thankyou to both Netgalley and the publisher for allowing me to read this! My review is still honest.

I think this book will be a very popular one this year. I think it will sell well and as a library assistant, I can definitely see this being one I'm asked for frequently. It has the potential to connect with a lot of people. The only issue is, I'm not sure this book was meant for me.
This is a romance following Kailyn and Daxton (I do have t
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
A great “meet cute” is one of my favorite parts of a romance novel. If you’re not familiar with the term, a “meet cute” is the sweet or humorous way in which two main characters first meet. This book has a fun yet awkward meet cute, as well as a really charming story.

Kailyn is smart and singularly focused on making partner at her law firm. I love how professional and level-headed she normally is, but she also has this dorky fangirl side. Former child TV star Dax is Kailyn’s old crush/rival.

Dax
Rachel
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rachel by: NetGalley
⭐⭐⭐

I’ll start with judging a book by its cover and Meet Cute’s cover art is so... well, cute - particularly the U.K. edition with the purple background - I just love it. Having said that, I don’t feel as though the cover art or the book’s title reflect the tone of the story - they give the impression of a lighthearted, rom-com but the theme of the book is far too weighty for it to be categorised as such.

The premise of Meet Cute sounded perfect for me - I’m a big fan of second chance romances - u
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Meet Cute was the rom com book that I was desperately looking forward to. Who doesn’t love a funny romantic story that has a sprinkling of friendly rivalry? The cover draws you in like you wouldn’t believe and the only thing on your mind is finding a quiet place where you can let your hair down and immerse yourself in to the feel good romance that you know you’re only pages away from.

From their very first encounter, Kailyn Flowers knew that meeting her teen crush idol Daxton Hughes was going t
Jessica
When I go into a Helena Hunting book, I typically expect a fun romance that will put a smile on my face. Based on this cover, that's what I thought I was going to get with Meet Cute. Unfortunately, the story inside was much more serious and not as lovable as I thought.

When Kaitlyn literally ran into Daxton on the first day of law school, they sparked a friendly rivalry their entire time in school. Until Dax betrays Kaitlyn and they never speak again. Eight years later, Dax falls back into Kaitl
Karima chermiti

I fall in love with this book in ways I didn’t see coming. I expected to enjoy it but I didn’t expect it to be this great story about family dynamics, fighting for those we love and sacrifice. The book is so much more than a cute love story, it’s a story of two siblings who lose everything and learn how to make their love for each other enough for them, it’s the story of a woman who sees the beauty in that relationship and becomes a part of it as well.

I really wish they didn’t go for that title
Gretchen  (About That Story)
What a fantastic story! This is one of those books that I picked up and literally couldn't put back down. I fell in love with Dax, Kailyn, and Emme. It was filled with the perfect mix of humor and emotion and I loved every second!

This story had so many amazing moments and so much humor, I pretty much smiled my way through. I loved learning Dax and Kailyn's history and having them reconnect. It was the most adorable meet cute and an awesome way to introduce a story, I was immediately excited abou
Jemima
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

PSX_20190328_174537

Title: Meet Cute
Author: Helena Hunting
Publication Date: April 9, 2019

Meet Cute.... One of the most highly anticipated romance book of the year. And it is worth the hype.
I'm still fairly new to Helena Hunting.. I've read a total of just five books including Meet Cute. And I am going to be honest here and say that the cover was one of the reasons why I wanted this book ASAP!

As cliche as it sounds, I feel like Meet Cute was the perfect contemporary romance! Helena Hunting just hit the nail with
mahana
ARC kindly provided by Forever Publishing via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I'm going to be honest: I initially attempted to read this in January, but I hated the beginning. It doesn't go in the direction you want at all, and you're not enticed to continue in the slightest. There was one specific scene that made me want to continue during my re-read, but I had to skip to the ending because the rest almost put me to sleep.

Kailyn's teenage crush on a fictional character comes back t
Jacob Proffitt
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steamy, romance
This is one of those books that you have to give its premise. Dax as a child actor turned lawyer. Kailyn the fangirl who can still interact with him rationally. Kailyn acting as conservator of Dax's sister's trust. If you can't roll with all that, this might be a rough read because those elements are pervasive.

This had a really strong start. Meeting Dax and his parents when they come to setup the trust for Emme (Dax's sister) is a bold move in a book that has the parents die shortly thereafter.
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
My rating: 3/5 stars

I received an ARC from Forever Romance in exchange for a honest review.

This is my first Helena Hunting novel and while I tried to really get myself into the novel, I found myself pulling back. A lot. I think a lot of other reviewers have an issue with this one because the cover is very misleading. It appears to be a light book with fluffy emotions but instead, tragedy happens (a bit dramatic for shock factor), and it deals with an emotional preteen and an older brother who h
Unapologetic Roma...: Hunting, Helena // Meet Cute 1 7 Jul 14, 2019 02:43PM

• How to Hack a Heartbreak
  • The Unhoneymooners
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered #1)
  • The Austen Playbook (London Celebrities, #4)
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
  • Pride and Dad Jokes (Ideal Man, #1)
  • The Wedding Party
  • The Risk (Briar U, #2)
  • Junk Mail
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • Waiting for Tom Hanks (Waiting for Tom Hanks, #1)
  • Fumbled (Playbook, #2)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • Passion on Park Avenue (Central Park Pact, #1)
Helena Hunting is the author of The USA Today and NYT bestselling PUCKED Series. She lives on the outskirts of Toronto with her incredibly tolerant family and two moderately intolerant cats. She writes everything from romantic sports comedy to new adult angst.
“I think it’s interesting that you have a thing for the teenage version of me but you’re not all that fond of the real, adult version.” 2 likes
“No one ever mentions how much harder everything is once the funeral is over, when everyone else goes back to living their lives and we’re stuck here, wading through years of memories and trapped in the relentless grip of grief.” 0 likes