Start by marking “Ashes of Pride (Scandalous Scions, #10)” as Want to Read:
Ashes of Pride (Scandalous Scions, #10)

Ashes of Pride

(Scandalous Scions #10)

Married in haste, to the wrong man…

Blanche wed Lieutenant Colonel Seymour in search of a hero to replace the French military father she never knew, only to find herself stranded in Northumberland, in a penniless marriage, with no recourse.

Blanche’s cousin, Neil Williams, now a decorated Major, returns from the colonies to rejoin the Fifth Northumberland Fusiliers. He

Published June 27th 2019 by Stories Rule Press (first published June 10th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Ashes of Pride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ashes of Pride

Start your review of Ashes of Pride (Scandalous Scions, #10)
Alda  Delicado
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always approach a new installment of the Scandalous Scions series with heightened expectations and I am happy to say that Ashes of Pride did not disappoint. A wonderful love story very well researched set in a realistic military environment of the XIX century. As always the author kept me on edge wondering how can she entangle such a thick thread of events that seems totally desperate. But in the end, she did and quite brilliantly.
This time we follow Neil, a character that we had already met
Pamela Wissenbach
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pride can get you into a lot of trouble.

I really liked this book. I have to admit, this is the first of the series I’ve read and there are a few places that would have made more sense if I’d read the others but it worked well as a stand alone and I encourage anyone to try it even if you haven’t followed the entire series. It is a well-crafted and enjoyable summer read.

Blanche is stuck in an unconsummated, loveless, and abusive marriage to Seymour, that she thinks is normal. After all, he’s an ho
Katherine
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great addition from Tracy Cooper-Posey to the Scandalous Scions series. I've read nearly all of the series and it's interesting to see the move away from the older generation in the early books, through to the younger members of the next generation now.
I don't think you miss out if you haven't read the rest of the series first, but it might give you additional background if you do.
These characters are just as intriguing as any that Tracy writes: she writes people you can't help but be interest
Chandera
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The tenth book in the Scandalous Scions series is “Ashes of Pride” was such an amazing read. Once I started reading I could not stop till I was finished. In the very beginning we meet Neil Williams when he was coming back from the colonies to inform Colonel Hill that he would like to leave, to retire. But he was informed it will take awhile to receive his severance but to come by the next day for a possible assignment. The detail of the barracks and what was occurring, like the new punishments, ...more
Cyndi
WHAT A BOOK!!!
This is my first actual sit down and read by this author! Plus the fact that this is a new author for me , I will stress that I am impressed.
Tracy Cooper Posey's attention to detail in settings , characters , plots is rewarding in itself. But to make the reader feel the heat of the sun while in a uniform or anticipating the arrival of a storm as it unfolds in the story...that takes talent. And in my humble opinion, this author has a talent by far superior to most others.
EXCELLENT
Dina Bushrod
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another magnificent addition to this series. I loved learning in depth the background of the two main characters. The steadfast wife trying all she can to do what is expected, and learning to late that her husband is not what she believed him to be. The family member who realized he made a monumental error by staying away and now is paying for it. The details we get from the author, about life in the service during this time, is illuminating. The harshness of the rules, the purchasing of rank, i ...more
Linda
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Set within the confines of a British Military background; Blanche is married to Lieutenant Colonel Seymour in an unfulfilled and abusive marriage. Her distant cousin Major Neil Williams returns to England to rejoin his old regiment of which Blanches husband is his superior. The emotional journey that the main characters Blanche and Neil take to find not only happiness but true love was a tale that had me wiping a tear from my cheek. Tracy Cooper-Posey never fails to connect with her characters a ...more
Audrey Cienki
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So realistic that I felt like I was there. Such a great story and setting. And historical accuracy! I don’t know how Tracy Cooper-Posey does it.
The relationships between the characters, their actions and attitudes reminds me of people who I have met though out my life. Some were like Seymour, and others like Neil. Ashes of Pride is an engaging story that you will not be able to put down.
Cathy Crane
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book!

This series has been one of the most enjoyable i have read in a long time. Tracy Cooper-Posey you are a brilliant author. I'm sad that I'm about to read the final book. Keep up the wonderful work you are doing and on to the next book.
Lisa
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5

Enjoyable but hard to believe the lady could be so stupid. Really enjoyed the first six books but finding these later stories not as engulfing.
Tracy Cooper-Posey
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Bandt
Lyn Ybarzabal
Jun 29, 2019
Linda Weber
Apr 28, 2020

• Wagered in Winter (The Wicked Winters, #5)
  • Scandalous Duke (League of Dukes Book 5)
  • Duke of Debauchery (Sins and Scoundrels #5)
  • Wild in Winter (The Wicked Winters #6)
  • Her Missing Marquess (Wicked Husbands Book 5)
  • A Kiss in Spring (Kiss the Wallflower, #3)
  • The Trouble with Hating You
  • Lord Dashwood Missed Out (Spindle Cove, #4.5)
  • Beauty and the Blacksmith  (Spindle Cove, #3.5)
  • What Would a Duke Do? (Seductive Scoundrels #4)
  • At Last the Rogue Returns (Avenging Lords, #1)
  • To Hell and Back (Devilish Debutantes #6)
  • A Midsummer Kiss (Kiss the Wallflower #1)
  • To Winter at Wildsyde (Girls Who Dare #7)
  • The Captivating Debutantes Boxed Set, #1-3 (The Captivating Debutantes, #1-3)
  • A Matchmaker for a Marquess (The Heart of a Scandal #3)
  • Rocky Mountain Devil (Six Pack Ranch #10; Rocky Mountain House #15)
Tracy Cooper-Posey is an Amazon #1 Best Selling Author. She writes romantic suspense, paranormal, urban fantasy, futuristic and science fiction romances. She has published over 100 novels since 1999, been nominated for five CAPAs including Favourite Author, and won the Emma Darcy Award.

She turned to indie publishing in 2011. Her indie titles have been nominated four times for Book Of The Year and

Scandalous Scions (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Rose of Ebony (Scandalous Scions, #0.5)
  • Soul of Sin (Scandalous Scions, #1)
  • Valor of Love (Scandalous Scions, #2)
  • Marriage of Lies (Scandalous Scions, #3)
  • Mask of Nobility (Scandalous Scions, #4)
  • Law of Attraction (Scandalous Scions, #5)
  • Veil of Honor (Scandalous Scions, #6)
  • Season of Denial (Scandalous Scions, #7)
  • Rules of Engagement (Scandalous Scions, #8)
  • Degree of Solitude (Scandalous Scions, #9)