Start by marking “She's a Spitfire (Tough Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
She's a Spitfire (Tough Love, #2)

She's a Spitfire

(Tough Love #2)

One fiery-haired, sexy scientist finds her perfect complement in a dark and handsome soccer star. Opposites attract, and they’ve got chemistry that’s explosive—literally.

Physics calls it entropy. Philosophy calls it Murphy’s Law: If something can go wrong, eventually it will. Professionally and personally speaking, Zed’s familiar with the principle. After a decade

Published June 24th 2019

To ask other readers questions about She's a Spitfire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She's a Spitfire

Start your review of She's a Spitfire (Tough Love, #2)
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
After all this drama, I need a stiff drink. Not whiskey! Going into this, I understood that Zed and Nairne were clear that what should have been casual and temporary between them was so much more. They had acknowledged that they loved each other and wanted a future together. But how could they make that possible? Nairne was destined for a fellowship in London and Zed was stuck running the Boston mafia (into the ground). Well, where there's will there's a way. And love really can conquer all!

As m
Corina
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: trilogy, sexy
In She's a Spitfire, the second book in the Tough Love  series by Chloe Liese, the attraction between Nairne and Zed is still as strong as ever.

I'm still as in love with this couple as I was in the beginning. There is just something about Nairne and Zed that speaks to me. And I can't wait to read the conclusion to their dramatic and engrossing journey.

Nevertheless this book didn't captivate me as much as He's a Brute did and I can't really put my finger on it.

One thing is for sure, I was missing
Laura • lauralovestoread
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, arcs
*Thank you to the author for this free copy in exchange for an honest review! All opinions are my own.

I really loved He’s A Brute, so I was elated to read this sequel, She’s A Spitfire, and follow more of the story between Zed and Nairne.

I may even love this one more because we get to see how fierce and brave Naine is. This really is a great series and I’m excited to see where things head next.

All the stars for this fun, steamy series!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sophie's Reading Corner
The story continues and we see the couple getting adapted to their new life in London. There are some problems they have to deal with and these problems will affect them, especially his new reality and her past.

Honestly, I was stuck around the middle of the book for so many days and I really wanted to DNF it. I don't want to blame the book, since probably I wasn't in the right mind, but still I didn't care much about the story and I thought it was kind of predictable at times.

However, I think
Becky
I read this book within one single sitting and absolutely devoured it. It was intense, interesting, intriguing, sharp, unique and a lot of fun. This author crafts an incredibly powerful story, and tells it in a really captivating way. The story is impossible to put down once I start reading, is incredibly captivating, the plot has depth and is thoroughly intriguing to read.

— Loved the disability aspect. There was a particular scene wherein Zed helped Nairne with a catheter and it was just amazi
Paula  Phillips
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
At the end of Book #1, we read as Zed and Nairne's relationship had turned from a fling into something more serious. Now though, Nairne's time in the States is coming to an end and she will be flying to France for a science fellowship she has been awarded. Her dream though is to help Zed get out of the Mob and things lately have been a bit stressful for him as he loves Nairne but he is loyal to his family and is trying to get out and lately both sides of the Mob - his Irish ( Mother's side) and ...more
Joee (booksandacupofjoee)
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading He's a Brute which I loved, I was incredibly excited to read more about this feisty, sexy couple! She's a Spitfire was a wild, exciting ride that I couldn't put down.

So many things happen in this book that had me on the edge of my seat. It was fantastic, not to mention I fell even more in love with Zed and Nairne! Those two are both so stubborn and fierce. I admire them both for how they're willing to fight for what they love.

I absolutely loved every minute of this. It still had l
Kelly
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of Action

She's a Spitfire is the second book in the Tough Love series, and the series should be read in order. Zed and Nairne are back, hot as ever, and dealing with all sorts of drama between them. Zed wants out of the Mafia, while Nairn has a danger from her past show up to threaten her happiness and relationship. Lots of suspense and action to the storyline, which I loved.

Zed is an interesting character. A professional soccer player and in the Mafia, although neither soccer or the Mafi
Tahsin
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5+ stars

Lots and lots and lots of drama - that could have been avoided, or at least mitigated but it was a fun read, once I got into it. Getting into the story took a while; I put it down once I started it immediately after finishing the first story, but it was just too much at once. Took a break, skimmed through until it got exciting and smooth sailing from there onwards.

One thing I can’t understand though, is why do strong women think they’re better off doing dumb shit on their own, without
Aurialis
Jul 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
Note - I was given ARC copy of this book by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I will be honest here, I would not have read this book if I had not be given a free copy by Netgalley. The first book in this series was not my cup of tea, and neither is this one.

I am afraid my opinion is against the popular opinion, and I didn't find this as hot and steamy as others. The s*x scenes were very similar to the first book, and the main problem I had was that their relationship did not evolve.

Th
Saskia
Feb 04, 2020 rated it did not like it
1.5 Stars | tbh this book is not for me and not really special. Everyone looks perfect, has money and is somehow famous. In the second half everyone forgets that Zed is supposed to be a famous football player and former member of the mafia, not a big deal 🙄 The special thing, that made the first book so "good" is a disabled, STEM researcher girl. But I'm not sure if she is that smart es she thinks she is.
Lindsay (nerdybooknurse)
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
She’s a Spitfire is book two in the Tough Love Series and continues Nairne and Zed’s love story. It picks up right where the last one ended with Zed trying to find a way out of his mafia life while Nairne is set to move to London in a few short weeks. Nairne can’t bear the thought of their relationship splintering apart so quickly so she takes measures into her own hands in an attempt to get him out…

Zed’s past isn’t the only one that Nairne should be worrying about. A vile character from her his
Mollie's Bookshelf
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
She's A Spitfire - Chloe Liese, Book 2 in the Tough Love Series⁣

OK, typically my favorite book in a series is the first one, especially in romance. I love anticipation and build up, the will they/won't they bits of a new relationship. She's A Spitfire has turned that upside down, I loved this one even more than the first. Chloe did an amazing job writing in suspense and thrill that really kept me captivated through the whole book. I was cheering for Zed and Nairne completely, you can just feel
Escape_in_a_Book
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
The second book in the series, I am all in on Zed and Nairne’s relationship. As in book one, I love that our heroines disability is as much as a side note to her makeup as freckles or a dimple. It’s just who she is and not production.

This series is (and I absolutely mean this in the most flattering of ways) like if your took a mafioso classic film and interwove a steamy contemporary romance =💥!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading the progression of their relationship. I am a fan of Nairne’s brain. I am
Cherry London
Aug 06, 2019 rated it liked it
An engaging and entertaining read, be warned, it has a lotta foul language of which I’m not sold on. But that is only expected when dealing with the mob I guess. The storyline is quite an interesting one, riddled with deceit, jealousy, and greed, ample fuel for an in house war. Nairne and Zed had to lose each other before finding the right sequence that works for them, so they can be together.
Heather andrews
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Zed has his priorities straight, "he begrudgingly brought this eyes back to mine. “After ***, we’re having a conversation about this.” The man is always trying to sweeten the pot with his lady, “but you see why you need to live here, so we can have morning *** every day. Then you’ve got my smell all over you. Keeps the other alphas away. And because we both like morning *** a lot.” I liked seeing Zed again the man was still possessive as ever.
Emily (Emily.Reads_)
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
*Review to Come!*
Jen | mamajustwantstoread
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Chloe has such a gift with words and creating complex characters. In less than 300 pages she makes you fall in love with Zed and Nairne. This is not your typical romance. It's steamy, sweet and suspenseful all at once.
Amy (booksofmyshka)
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Carola | adreamofpages
Rating and review to come.
Stephanie R.
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5

This was book 2 in The Tough Love Series. In the first book we meet Nairne and Zed and this one picks up where it left off. I think it had a good combination of suspense and romance. I absolutely LOVE the characters.
Nairne is a strong, smart and independent woman and doesn’t let her disability stop her. One of my absolutely favorite things about this book is the fact that the author introduced a character that has a disability but is still in touch with her sexuality and doesn’t stop her fro
Malkhai
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Original review: https://myshelfbooks.wordpress.com/20...

This is going to be a hard one. It is only human to have expectations and I am not going to apologize for having them. As I said when I reviewed the first book, I think the author had gold between her hands. Interesting situation, complex characters… It just needed a nudge toward the good direction, but, sadly, it has been pushed to the othe
Jess
May 18, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As I stated in my review of the first book in this series, it took me a long time to finally read this book.

It is not a standalone book and continues on where it left off in book one.
Zed is in Boston trying to get the mafia thing sorted out, while Nairne is about to go back to London. Zed’s character was still demanding and pushy and Nairne got stung by the “I’ll fix it all” bug.

I received this ebook copy from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Ess
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
I have to say, there was too much going on in this second installment to the Tough Love series for me to enjoy it as well as I did the first book. After one problem in Zed and Nairne’s world resolves, another issue pops up and really takes away from character development. I would have liked to see more conversations with Zed and Nairne that were not focused on Zed being overly possessive and machismo and violent regarding his overprotection of Nairne. And I would also have liked to see Nairne us ...more
RavenclawLibraryBooks
This is book two in a series and they are not stand alones. The story continues where the other book left it: Nairne is about to go back to London and Zed is little by little trying to erase the undercover crime of Boston. Too bad the current timetable for that doesn’t work for Nairne any longer, so she tries to take the matters into her own hands.
Similar to the first book in the series, I enjoyed the writing style.
Unfortunately I found the posssessive behaviour that Zed had towards Nairne ver
Jody
Not having read the previous book in this series I was worried that I’d be missing out on something when picking up this book, but in Ms. Liese’s talented hands I quickly became captivated by the sizzling romance between this unforgettable couple. I became wholeheartedly immersed in Zed’s desperate plan to get away from his mafia family ties and was on constant edge as danger came slowly creeping back to put Nairne’s life in jeopardy. As their romance continues to crackle their connection is put ...more
Benedicte
Apr 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Actual rating is 2.5 stars
Karla Urrutia Fernández
Not for me. The characters were not great. The story was boring. The chemistry was forced and fake.
I didnt get interesed in this Book. At all. I actually struggle with it.
whimandwitty
She’s a Spitfire is the second book in the Tough Love series. She’s a Spitfire continues the story of Zed and Nairne. Zed and Nairne’s love for one another is strong, and they are both ready and willing to fight for their future – together. But their future together is getting more distant by the day with a present life Zed can’t escape from and a past life Nairne keeps running from.