Start by marking “Timekeeper (Realm of Elestra Prequels Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Timekeeper (Realm of Elestra Prequels Book 1)

Timekeeper (Realm of Elestra Prequels Book 1)

Saved from the streets by the mysterious George Whipple, Parker and Lydia grew up in the Whipplehouse Orphanage. After being fitted with a magical monocle, Parker finds he has the ability to stop time. With his new power, he spends his days tinkering and inventing intricate do-dads. Life was grand until the night Elias came to town.

Parker's life is turned upside down whe
Published April 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Timekeeper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Timekeeper

Start your review of Timekeeper (Realm of Elestra Prequels Book 1)
Jen/The Tolkien Gal/ジェニファー
What a fantastic premise with a solid execution. I'll post my full review tomorrow after my final exam for the year (Yay! Six months without university) but all I can say is, this is a great read and and just as great a listen - Irish narrators are the best!

This book sets up a lot of intriguing steampunk-inspired ideas and is a wonderful foundation for the books to come! I'd also recommend this book to anyone who loved the anime/manga, Promised Neverland.

Image result for promised neverland

Thanks to Rebekah Dodson for the free ARC
Sara Lawson
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Charles Dickens, meet Steampunk!

As an introduction to Rebekah Dodson, a found this story to be quite fascinating. It was initially slow starting, but picked up. The orphanage was interesting and I'd love to hear more of that backstory. Parker is the only character I really got to know in the story. He was a bit complicated, but singleminded in his love of Lydia. I found myself wondering what he would have chosen to do with his life, had he been given a true choice. Lydia was a bit more of a myst
Natalie
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful time travel novella full of mystery.

Saved from the streets Parker and Lydia grow up in the Whipplehouse Orphanage, are raised by the mysterious Whipple brothers. After being fitted with a magical monocle, Parker finds he has the ability to stop time. But, will his newfound power be able to find his beloved Lydia?

What will happen in the new realm he has happened upon?

Very well written and detailed allowing the reader to drop into each scene. An array of unique characters keep the myst
Marjorie
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
A story that leans more gaslamp fantasy than steampunk sci-fi, this story of Victorian-esque era orphans begins as a mystery full of hope and potential, but tendrils of horror creep in hinting that the promise and potential might have a more sinister side as well. Primarily Parker's story, he is largely driven by his need to protect and provide for Lydia. This is short and billed as a prequel - It felt like it ended just as the story was really getting started and interesting.
Roger
Jun 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Timekeeper (Realm of Elestra Book 1), my first read from author Rebekah Dodson. Well written & enjoyable. Narrator Andrew McDermott’s accent was perfect for this book and added greatly to the listening enjoyment. I was given an Audible copy of this book & am voluntarily reviewing it. (RIP Marley January 20, 2014 - July 24, 2018). ...more
Michelle
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Timekeeper is a time travel mystery and a great start to the Realm of Elestra series. Great writing, an amazing storyline and interesting characters left me wanting to know more about Parker, Lydia, and the new realm. This book takes us on quite a journey full of twists, turns, drama, mystery, suspense and so much more. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Qat Wanders
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really well written and fast read. This book was over before I knew it. I read it in a couple hours and now I’m ready to pick up the next book.

I love the steam punk elements that make this a cross between a fantasy and a historical novel.

Time travel and mechanical eyeglasses on pretty young men? Yes please!
Joy Whiteside
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW!

This was an enjoyable quick read that is enjoyable from the very first page. It moves along at a great pace which makes it a very nice read. The characters are great and you cannot help but fall for them and you want to know more about them.

This has to be read and this book is a nice introduction into the world of steampunk, which is a unique genre and very enjoyable.
Pat Eroh
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this time travel Sci-Fi/Fantasy and I love the writing style of this author. Incredible story, action to keep you reading through to the end and wonderful characters to become attached to. I'm looking forward to the next adventure.

Jeanne Richardson
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book I've read written by Rebekah Dodson; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the characters.

Riley
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was full of amazing inventions and creative ideas, and I can’t wait to read more by this wonderful author.

P.S. Winn
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short but intriguing. This book is a prequel to what I think will be an amazing story. Parker and Lydia grew up in an orphanage. The secrets they are given will take the two into a magical mystery. The author writes reader friendly books that are hard to put down.
NanaShauna Joesten
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This has a fantastic cover. I love the storyline. Parker really gets his life turned upside down can he change that. The Author really did a great job at bringing the Characters out. This is definitely a must read.
Shauna Joesten
Deedra
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
A very good story of how Parker became the Timekeeper. Andrew McDermott was a fine narrator.I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.
Siyka
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was a promising start of a new series.
I really liked the time travel, time stops, and time abilities.
It was a good adventure.

Teri Ruscak
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Timekeeper
Rebekah Dodson
A great book to read, very enjoyable! Loved the storyline and the characters.

Kerry
is currently reading it
Sep 26, 2019
Felicia
Sep 27, 2019

• Court of Bitter Thorn (The Fae of Bitter Thorn, #1)
  • The Vine Eater (The Magic Eaters Trilogy, #2)
  • A Princess of Last Resort
  • Alice the Dagger: An Alice in Wonderland Retelling
  • Vicky vs Blackthorn
  • Throne of Cards (Kingdom of Fairytales: Alice in Wonderland #3)
  • Station Theta (Miles & Breaker, #2)
  • Innocence Lost (Ghostspeaker Chronicles)
  • Heiress of Delusion (Kingdom of Fairytales: Alice in Wonderland #2)
  • Hunter's Quest: A Mayhem of Magic World Story (Rebel, Supernatural Bounty Hunter Book 1)
  • Goddess of Hearts (Kingdom of Fairytales: Alice in Wonderland #4)
  • Heart of the Raven (Tales of the Enchanted Wildwood, #4)
  • Water Storm (The Elements of Kamdaria 9)
  • Dropship (Forsaken Mercenary #1)
  • Fortress of Blood (Mina Murray #2)
  • Hunted Guardian: An Everlight Academy Story
  • The Third Seal (The Apocalypse Prophecies Book 3)
  • Mirrors And Magic (Grimm Academy, #4)
Rebekah Dodson is a prolific word weaver of romance, fantasy, and science fiction novels. Her works include the series Postcards from Paris, The Surrogate, The Curse of Lanval series, several stand alone novels, and her upcoming YA novel, Clock City. She has been writing her whole life, with her first published work of historical fiction with 4H Clubs of America at the age of 12, and poetry at the ...more

News & Interviews