Start by marking “Lady Mechanika, Vol. 5: La Belle Dame Sans Merci” as Want to Read:
Lady Mechanika, Vol. 5: La Belle Dame Sans Merci

Lady Mechanika, Vol. 5: La Belle Dame Sans Merci

Lady Mechanika's investigation into her forgotten past is overshadowed by concern for her associate Mr. Lewis when he becomes enamored of a beautiful and enigmatic young widow, whose own past seems disturbingly linked to the untimely deaths of several creative geniuses. Will Mr. Lewis be next?
Published May 14th 2019 by Benitez Productions

To ask other readers questions about Lady Mechanika, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Mechanika, Vol. 5

Steve
I received this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Okay, so here's the thing that bugs me most about this series. This is the fifth volume, and we are no closer to Lady Mechanika's origins than when we started. It seems like every volume starts out with a plot about who she is and who mechanized her when it is suddenly derailed by some other lesser storyline. Talk about leading the readers on! Come on and give us the origin story already, and then build some plots around her streng
Annemieke / A Dance with Books
Thank you to Netgalley and Diamond Book Distributors for the review copy in exchange for an honest review. This does not change my opinion in any way.

This volume starts us of with us heading into a bit of Lady Mechanika’s past. Or at least there are some hints there. It got me quite excited to maybe see a bit more of it discovered in this volume.

Unfortunately that did not happen. Those little hints were all we got and the story shifted.
I could have really liked the shift of story as it goes i
Devann
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC copy of this book from Edelweiss

actual rating: 3.5

I have such a love-hate relationship with this series. The earlier volumes technically have 'better' stories just by virtue of being long enough to tell an actual story, but the art was beyond ridiculous a lot of the time. The later volumes draw Mechanika and other women more like actual people, but they're so short that there's never really any progress made with the overall plot. I still enjoy this series overall and I thought
Jessica Strider
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pros: gorgeous artwork, interesting story, great costumes

Cons: depressing ending

Lady Mechanika’s quest to discover her past is sidetracked when Mr Lewis’s depression suddenly dissipates and he announces his engagement to a mysterious woman.

This volume collects the three comics that make up this storyline. It references some of the earlier volumes, but as situations and people are given enough reference, you can follow along even if you haven’t read those.

As with the other volumes, the artwor
Amanda
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lady Mechanika continues to be beautifully drawn, but I'm beginning to weary of how drawn out her search for her origins is.

Received via NetGalley.
Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog
Comings soon...
Florin Pitea
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must-have item for steampunk fans, chock-full with literary and artistic references, action, adventure, breath-taking graphics and exquisite dialogues. Six stars out of five. Highly recommended.
Aleen ~Lampshade Reader
Originally posted on lampshadereader.com

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy, via NetGalley of this book.

Lady Mechanika is back and is investigating a mystery that hits close to home. Her friend Mr. Lewis is exhibiting strange behavior and Lady Mechanika must be a friend first and put her search for her master on the back burner. Steam punk, and mystery still abound in this volume.

I always giggle like a rabid fan girl when it comes to Lady Mechanika. Is it her kick assness? Her wit (
Liz (Quirky Cat)
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of Lady Mechanika Vol. 5 through NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I was so unbelievably excited when I saw that the fifth volume of Lady Mechanika was available on NetGalley. I've been hooked on this series for a while now, and had been truly looking forward to the next volume.
Lady Mechanika follows a woman who has been partially turned into, well, mechanics. She doesn't know who did it to her, or why. But she's determined to find out. The whole series has
Albert
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lady Mechanika Vol #5: La Belle Dame Sans Merci by M.M. Chen and Joe Benitez continues the tales of one of the most intriguing and well conceived characters in comics today. Lady Mechanika, a Victorian era lady whose half human, half machine body makes her an anomaly in this Steampunk setting of London.

In the basement of an old home, a mechanical arm is found that bares a striking resemblance to the one that Lady Mechanika possesses. Could this be a clue to her origin? Mechanika investigates the
Star Bookworm
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An entire review can be found at In Pursuit of My Own Library.

What another wonderful segment in the world of Lady Mechanika. I have absolutely loved this series. The steampunk ascetic, the myths, the atmosphere, the great characters. I could absolutely go on to list a hundred things I enjoy about this series. It makes me understand why people buy serial comics when the subject is something they enjoy so thoroughly.

Volume 4 was becoming a little gruesome and dark as Mr. Lewis confronted his past.
Diane Hernandez
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Absolutely beautiful artwork and an intriguing plot enliven Lady Mechanika Vol 5.

Lady Mechanika is again trying to discover who mechanized her when she is interrupted by a new issue. Mr. Lewis, her sidekick, is pulled out of his depression by a new lady love. But is her love for him true? In the meantime, Lady Mechanika runs into a professional hit woman, Mistress Grimm.

I love the new villainess. Her metal mask is truly scary. It will be nice if Mr. Lewis pulls out of his funk and man’s up as Ro
Theediscerning
May 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Once again the artwork and design is top notch on this book (except for a couple of images where, dare I say it, the Lady looks unattractive), but still this isn't as good as it should be. It really feels like a padding episode – we get a brand new character in the prologue here, which was a Free Comic Book Day issue, only to divert into forgettable monster-of-the-month territory. The only thing is that the Day of the Dead Special was supposed to be the non-canonical aside, but here, after final ...more
Amy Braun
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always look forward to the new LADY MECHANIKA book, and this one was worth the wait! The action was intense and introduced more villains who I would like to see more of. The Reapers especially. The story revolving around Lewis was tragic and makes me interested in seeing more of him. I will also never complain about seeing more of Inspector Singh, and am hoping that he and Mechanika start a romance soon.

Speaking of Mechanika, the story teases but doesn't really delve into Mechanika's history,
Andi
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing installment of Lady Mechanika! I've been in love with M.M. Chen and Joe Benítez' steampunk world since I picked up the first volume. And it keeps getting better and better!

Lady Mechanika gets a clue about her mysterious past, but concern for Mr. Lewis takes her way of course in the 3 issue La Belle Dame Sans Merci series.

Chen and Benítez' world building is superb. 5 volumes in, and the characters keep getting richer and more complex. And the artwork is off the charts! Some of the
Ron
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lady Mechanika hears and seeks a mechanical arm similar to her own only to loose it and barely avoid kidnapping by The Reapers because Mr. Lewis did not show up. Confronting him, she finds that he has acquired a fiance that enthralls which worries Fred terribly especially when they disappear to France. Will Lady Mechanika and Fred come up with a plan that works or will they loose Mr. Lewis?

Thanks Netgalley for the opportunity to read this title.
Sara Garcia
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mr. Lewis has me STRESSED OUT.
As always, Lady Mechanika does not fail to impress at all. It is a phenonimal blend of gorgeous, jaw-dropping art, fantastic world-building, and unique plots that have me itching for more.
But, as always, I wish there was more to each story line. I'm not so sure that this segment can really get away with just 3 issues, but I loved it all the same and I will have to see how the story unfolds in the next issue.
Jo Besser
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what direction Benetiz and Chen were going to go in with this comic. I honestly was not disappointed. They introduced a fantasy element that I didn't expect, and it made a lot of sense.

I fell in love with a new Villain group, Grim and her Reapers.

I feel like Chen and Benetiz have ruined me for the Steampunk category, because this is what I hold all Steampunk stories, novels, and comics to.
Graham Bradley
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great as always, but after six books with few answers to the larger questions, I do feel a bit of anxiety to actually have her progress a little. But the particular story in this installment was as good as ever.
Luly Ceballos
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic as usual! Amazing story and beautiful art.
Connie (hoot reads books)
I didnt expect a fantasy element in this volume but it ties with the plot and continues after the events of vol 4.
Shannon