Start by marking “Vivi's Leading Man (Durango Street Theatre Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Vivi's Leading Man (Durango Street Theatre Book 1)

Vivi's Leading Man (Durango Street Theatre Book 1)

A year after their divorce, Vivi and Miguel are forced to work together to save the Durango Street Theatre, and learn they might really love each other after all.

EXES AND OHS

The marriage was one of convenience. She had status and he had money. But... there was something there, and both of them felt it. After three years of him working long hours and her spending too much t

To ask other readers questions about Vivi's Leading Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vivi's Leading Man

Start your review of Vivi's Leading Man (Durango Street Theatre Book 1)
Neil
Oct 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, romance
I received a free copy via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

The characters were entertaining and the story was an easy read.
Unfortunately the plot was fairly predictable but this would certainly make a good holiday read.
Jamie Jack
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2020, contemporary
Didn’t Gel Right

This is the first book I have read by his author. I found the beginning a little off-putting. While the author did not engage in a full-on info dump right away, there certainly were a few slightly deeper into the book. I'm not a fan of these at all. I also thought the way she had the hero explain the backstory was bass-ackwards, which I found confusing. I don't feel like the author ever really clearly said why their first marriage was one of convenience, as is stated in the book'
Suzanne Hare
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It is one year after their divorce. Their marriage had been for convince, Miguel got the societal contacts he needed to grow his construction company and Vivian got money to help her family’s dying steel business. Although there were sparks in the bedroom, they were otherwise incompatible. Now they were being forced to work together during a community theatre production. The question now, is if they can find something more than physical in their relationship?

This is a contemporary second chance
Anonymous 5
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading something by Ms. Mims. It was a very nice read. I liked the characters, they were very well-developed and had likable qualities. Their also had interesting back stories. The storyline was entertaining and held my interest throughout and the story flowed nicely. This was a nice second chance romance that was heartwarming, but also had some unexpected twists which kept me turning the pages to see how things would turn out. An overall enjoyable read and I look forward ...more
Jean
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing

This is book one of The Durango Street Theatre and this is Vivienne and Miguel's story. They had a marriage of convenience that seemed to work for them at the beginning but three years later they decided to separate not knowing that they would be forced to work together to save the theatre. Will this be Vivienne and Miguel's second chance and find a happy ending or is there too much water under the bridge. Wow another great book by Emily Mims and it was so well written and worth reading.

I receiv
Ashleigh
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
(Warning: part of a series, but each have different sets of main characters within their world, each book has its own HEA)

I cannot get enough of this author and this series!

It is wrought with emotion and so well written that I absolutely could not put it down!
Each book has been cohesive and enlightening to the overall theme between these characters.

This review has been voluntarily submitted for your consideration.
Melissa
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksprout
A marriage of convenience and the ensuing divorce is what united Vivi and Miguel for three years but they never really knew one another. Now a project makes them see what had always been in front of them, but are they gonna take it? I loved the development of their characters and growth throughout the book.

Maggie Mooha
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a romance with lots of character development and growth, look no further. Vivi's Leading Man fits the bill. Vivi comes from old money and Miguel is a self-made man of Mexican descent. They are both strong individuals with strong passions. I was thoroughly caught up in their story and found myself rooting for both of them. I highly recommend Vivi's Leading Man.
Vie
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Vivi and Miguel are divorced after 5 years of marriage. It wasn't a marriage of love yet they are both missing each other. I really enjoyed this book as in some cases, books just finish with the end goal of marriage, not the hardships in keeping a marriage alive. Recommended

SEng
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Vivienne and Miguel. It’s been a year since they get a divorce. Now they are forced to work together to save the Durango Street Theatre. As they are working close again the old sparks resurface and they learn new things about each other. Will they give this second chance a whirl? I enjoyed this heartwarming romance.
Heather W
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story that brought two divorced people together again for a project to save her theatre. The characters have grown in the year apart. Will they find that they actually love each other after all?

Sharon Middleton
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was the first of Mims’ books I read. I love the fact that her characters are so human, with the frailties and foibles we all have. I also love that her characters mature during the books, showing that people can and do change for the better.
Melissa  Adams
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book and it’s characters. I enjoyed all the little bits that made up this book. The storyline was amazing and well written and if you are looking for a good romance novel, this series is it.

Moony MeowPoff
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
A quick and easy fun read. It took me a while to actually like any of the characters, but they kind of grew on me. I was glad for their happy ending.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book. It was so well-written that it captured my mind and I was dragged along for the ride. Once I started reading I could not put it down until I read the last page.
Elle Wright
PelicanFreak
May 05, 2019
Edgar
May 06, 2019

• Stripping a Steele (Steele Bros #2)
  • The Prince & The Mommy (The Cinderella Escape, Book 3)
  • The Fireman I Loved to Hate: A Small Town Enemies to Lovers Romance (Everything For Love Series Book 2)
  • Shocking Sapphires (Brunswick Bay Harbor Gems #5)
  • Already Gone (High Sierras, #3)
  • Dead Giveaway (High Sierras, #2)
  • Future Risk (Pelican Bay Security Book 2)
  • Flash Point (High Sierras, #1)
  • Deadly Purpose (The High Sierras Book 5)
  • Clear Intent (High Sierras Book 6)
  • Hidden Judgment
  • The Paternity Pact (Texas Cattleman's Club: Rags to Riches #3)
  • Bodyguard Beast
  • Burning Up: Firefighter Contemporary Romance Series Box Set
  • Absolute Power (Absolute Power Duet, #1)
  • Sweetest Risk (Pelican Bay Security Novella)
  • Accidental Risk (Pelican Bay Security Book 8)
  • Royally Loved: The Royal Romances Books 1-5
Author of over forty romance novels, Emily Mims combined her writing career with a career in public education until leaving the classroom to write full time. In addition to eighteen Candlelight Ecstasy Romances under the pen name 'Emily Elliott', she has written two series under her own name, the Texas Hill Country series and the Smoky Blue series, and has completed four books in the Durango Stree ...more