Start by marking “The Cursed Key (The Cursed Key Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Cursed Key (The Cursed Key Trilogy, #1)

The Cursed Key

(The Cursed Key Trilogy #1)

A forgotten past, a dark mage, and an unyielding curse.

Published January 14th 2020 by Evershade Publishing (first published June 1st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Cursed Key, please sign up.
Anita Hunter The main character is adult and there are adult themes, however, book 1 is appropriate for older young adults, and young adults would enjoy. It's clas…moreThe main character is adult and there are adult themes, however, book 1 is appropriate for older young adults, and young adults would enjoy. It's classified as New Adult, which is usually ideal for readers 18-30.(less)

Start your review of The Cursed Key (The Cursed Key Trilogy, #1)
Beth
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
THE CURSED KEY had a great concept with an original plot.  The potential was there for me to love it. It had all the aspects of what I look for in my reading choices and did you check out that amazing cover.

And here comes the BUT... But, in the end, it fell flat.   I was not a fan of either Olivia or Kael, both were not very likeable. The pace was erratic and not engaging.  The relationship lacked any development. And, in the end nothing was resolved or explained. This book was not for me.
Justine
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-tour
Who are you? You do not know anymore, do you?

The Cursed Key is a captivating and seamless collaboration between authors Miranda Brock and Rebecca Hamilton, and is the paranormal tale of an ancient evil awakening. An enthusiastic archaeologist follows whispers on the wind to recover what she believes to be a mundane golden key among crumbled ruins, but what she discovers is that some things are meant to remain hidden. Shortly after, she’s plagued by visions, hunted by enigmatic shadows, and abrup
Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
The author/publisher provided a free copy of the book for review purposes - thank you! Receiving a review copy does not guarantee a positive review and therefore do not affect the opinion or content of the review.

I thought curses in books would be fun, but it turns out I didn't exactly have a grand time with The Cursed Key by Miranda Brock and Rebecca Hamilton.

Or rather, I wish I did, but uh... I turned out to be as disappointed as I get every holiday season when I try to get deals but g
Kayla
I was provided an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

The Cursed Key was a lot of fun. I gave it a solid three-star rating which means the book was pretty middle of the road for me. I truly enjoyed reading about our main character Olivia. She was such a strong female protagonist and to be honest, that’s one of my biggest buzz words. Strong female protagonist? Okay, I don’t care what the rest of the book is about, let me read this.

The plot was a lot of fun too. The journeys Olivia went on with
Elzecatreads
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Hiddengemsbooks.com and the authors for a free e-book in exchange for an honest review.
The Cursed Key is the first book of an upcoming trilogy. Olivia, an archaeologist and university researcher, finds a strange but compelling key while on a site in Brazil. The action builds from there and involves odd keys, shape shifters, witches, fae, a dark mage, and Olivia discovering her own hidden magic. I thought the writing was good, with just the right balance of action and description, altho
❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS
I thought this was an interesting read but I can also see why some reviewers had issues with it. The premise definitely builds the book up to more thrilling and adventurous than it actually is. In fact the whole premise of the book is the heroine looking for a key. A key she knows nothing about and by the end still knows nothing about. Midway through she finds out the key has a twin and so she searched for that one too... a key, a plain old key that has some type of power and has gained her an e ...more
Tammy
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: paranormal fantasy
Shelves: kindle, 4-stars
A fast paced Paranormal Fantasy
I would have given this five stars except I don't like cliffhangers. An archeologist found a relic in the Brazilian amazon rainforest that changes her life. To find help and answers she will travel to New Haven, Kinloch Horn, and Yorkshire Dales National Park while meeting shifters, mages, fae, and witches. A page turner and keeper.
Coco.V
Apr 01, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/1/2020)! 🎁
Debbie Eyre
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG this is just awesome. A fantastic collaboration between these two authors that brings you a well written adventurous story that will have you on the edge of your seat the whole time! I love the kick ass female mc and am totally hooked on this captivating, non stop action packed, exciting read and I cannot wait to read more from this trilogy!
Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤
Disclaimer: I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you to Xpresso Book Tours and Evershade Publishing for this free copy. All quotes in this review are taken from the Advanced Reader Copy and may change in final publication.

Okay I don’t care what you think about the two Tomb Raider movies with Angelina Jolie in them, they are some of my favorite freaking movies in the world and I loved her in both of them. Now while I was readin
Vannessa
I actually received an ARc of the second book in this series, but hadn't read the first one, so had to go back and read it. I'm so glad I did as I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was fast paced and well written. I really like Olivia as a complete newbie to this paranormal world and Kael was a great partner in helping her to understand more about the world she knew nothing about!

Olivia is an archaeologist and whilst on a dig in the Amazon rainforest, she follows whispers in the air to an undisc
Mere
Feb 17, 2020 marked it as did-not-finish
DNF. The ideas were cool, but the writing style I didn't love/didn't work for me. ...more
Darcy Smith
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Story! This was full of action with drama and suspense throughout it. It was a unique story. Olivia was a kick butt of a woman who at times shows a softer side. Kael is this grouchy but protective. It is gripping and beautifully developed with beautifully developed characters. Even the support characters are amazing. It is definitely worth reading and doesn’t disappoint.

Mary Brannian
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sacrifice to surrender. Blood to bind.
“A dark mage had stolen a cursed key from me, a key that had awoken some kind of ancient magic deep inside myself. Now I was stuck with a grumpy man who could change into a jaguar and he was driving my car to find a shady witch.” - Olivia Perez

Olivia Perez is an archeologist, and wildly excited about investigating newly discovered the ancient ruins of Vale do Jabari in Brazil. Drawn to the site, a knowing tugged Olivia away from her team and deeper into th
Haley Renee The Caffeinated Reader

This was a fun read! It’s one of those books while it didn’t have anything that ‘blew me away’ it definitely was enjoyable and filled with things I like. Adventure, a hint of romance, paranormal beings, magic, and a very Indiana Jones/Tomb Raider vibe going on.

Olivia is an archaeologist, she has wandered into the jungle, hoping to find something the other excavating teams haven’t yet, and that’s when her world gets turned upside down.

She finds a key, and s
Billie
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A forgotten past, a dark mage, and an unyielding curse.
Another team beat free-spirited archaeologist Olivia Perez to the dig of a lifetime, and now she’s left with the choice to wait for scraps or brave a dangerous, dusty tomb in hopes of finding other priceless artifacts. Her reward? A mysterious key she has no idea is cursed. Soon, Olivia realizes she’s brought home more than just an ancient rarity.
Malevolent visions begin to plague her. Unnerved by what they reveal, she casts away the key…unk
Suzanne Hare
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Much to her ,disappointment, archaeologists Olivia Perez and team trek to the dangerous Amazon only to find they are third on the scene of a new find. While she surveys the ruins her instincts pull her west. After a harrowing climb she finds more ruins and this time she is first. Only suddenly a giant panther appears and she finds herself falling. Her reward is a mysterious key. It is not until she has brought it home that she realizes it may be cursed. Dark dreams plague her so she gets rid of ...more
Linda Frigault
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Olivia Perez is an archeologist with a thirst for adventure and a knack of getting herself in tricky situations. It is thanks to her intuition that she manage to solve the riddles and pitfalls she encounters. Throughout this first book Olivia doesn't know what she's becoming and what she's capable of doing with the power that she awakenned when she found a key in the ruins of the Vale do Javari nestled in the Amazon Rainforest. From there she will discover a supernatural world with fae, witches, ...more
Laure
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Her impulsive decision to keep an ancient artifact she finds at a dig site in the Amazon rainforest means that archaeologist, Olivia Perez, will be drawn into a community she had no idea existed. Kael Rivera is a jaguar shifter, and he is looking for the key that Olivia had in her possession, but quickly finds out that she buried it, hoping that getting rid of it would stop in disturbing visions that she has had since she took the artifact. Unfortunately, a powerful and evil mage had taken it, a ...more
Kasha  Graham
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adventurous

We get to follow Olivia Perez, and Archaeologist that finds herself being pooled deep into the Amazon Jungle, where she finds an ancient ruin, deep inside she takes the relic, a key, only to notice changes within herself and visions, that followed her home and has her questioning reality. A journey that has her stumble into an unknown world of paranormal, shape shifters, witches, fae, mages and magic. Will she unlock the mystery of the relic?

The Cursed Key, is packed with adventure
Kaye
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ONE EARTH SHAKING RIDE!!!
Ka-boom baby! This dynamic duo just dropped da bomb. This baby hooks you from the start and reels you in for the duration. Hook, line and sinker. This bad boy comes with one hard hitting punch that keeps your total focus on every word. Nah, you won't be able to put this baby down. Grab a seat, get comfy cause your in for the long haul. One non-stop action packed, fast paced, page flipping bombshell that keeps you riveted on a razors edge. Wrangling through all the trials
Carole
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faeries
What a great beginning to a new series. It has everything that I enjoy in a story, from a great plot with a lot of adventure to unresolved sexual tension to plenty of action.
It also has a variety of supernatural creatures from Fae, Shifters , Witches and evil Mages.
Olivia the heroine is written in a way that is appealing to me. She is adventurous, take no nonsense kind of girl. She stands up for herself and doesn't take crap from anyone.
Olivia's past is a bit of a mystery and I was really glued
Alice Farmer
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*****SPOILERS****The Cursed Key will keep you guessing. This is the first book of a new trilogy. Olivia,a second generation archeologist, is a female Indiana Jones. She takes risks and when everyone is going right she is following her gut to go up. In the South American jungles she is about to find out that the world of logic she lives in, is not what it seems. Olivia is introduced to shifters, witches, Fae, and Mages. She also finds out she was a Mage in a previous life.
The story is well writt
Fleur
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This book grabbed me right from the start, there is mystery, intrigue, magic, adventure and anticipation of what will happen next. Olivia is strong and motivated and is able to take things in her stride from secret rooms in a tomb to shifters, witches and learning magic, a power hungry mage oh and dealing with Kael. 😉 I am glad to know there are 2 more books to come however I am not sure how well I will go with waiting for them to come out as I really want to read them now so I think this will b ...more
Jennifer Zamboni
This awesome new paranormal/urban fantasy sank its hooks right into me! It’s a little bit Laura Croft and a lot of a fantastically built world.

The main character, Olivia, is as tenacious in her pursuit for answers as she is at a dig site. I enjoyed following her around the world and learning about the magic existing right under her nose.

And Kael the leopard shifter? Yes! I loved their dynamic together and look forward to exploring their relationship more in future books!

I’ve read quite a few of
S.K. Gregory
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: exciting-reads
Olivia is a tomb raider who while on a visit to South America, finds a mysterious key hidden in a tomb. She takes the treasure home with her, but strange things start to happen to her. Is the key Cursed? This was an exciting and entertaining read. I love Lara Croft and the character reminded me of her. She is strong, stubborn and determined. If you love kick ass heroines and mysteries then you will love this book.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a rev
Tera Comer
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This is the first book that I have read by one of the authors, but the other author I have read everything she has ever written, so I knew I would enjoy this book. First of all this was an excellent story that was full of action, suspense and drama as well as being filled with magic and shifters. I must say that I want the second book in this series like right now because I want to know what happens to Olivia and Kael and her "date". To find out about the date you need to read the book, believe ...more
Michalle
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story was quite the wild ride. It was full of mystery, magic and mayhem. Olivia was an archeologist that found a relic that changed her life and now she was part of the supernatural world. Along with Kael, a growly and grouchy shifter, they go after an evil mage. There was lots of kick butt action and great characters. This was definitely a book you can’t put down. I can’t wait to read the next book.

I received an ARC of this book and voluntarily reviewed it.
Frances Satterfield
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a captivating and exciting read. I soaked it up from the first page till the end.I am a big fan of Urban Fantasy and I loved it. The two authors work well together in this wonderful read. I must say that having to wait for the next book is a bummer but I am sure it will be worth it. I don't do spoilers so if you want anything more than the blurb you will have to read it.

Sandy
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
First let me state that I received an Advance Reader Copy, (ARC), but this in no way influences my review. I always leave an honest review. This is my first time reading this author, and I hope it won't be my last.

Holy shiznet!!! This story is a wild magical adventure. It's like "Tomb Raider" but with magic. The author takes you on a magical journey. I can't wait to read the next story. I recommend this read. 5 Thumbs up.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Add cover / Correct format 6 29 May 09, 2019 02:51PM

• Prodigy (13 Covens, #1)
  • Once Blessed, Thrice Cursed: A Sister Witches Urban Fantasy #1
  • Fear University Series: Books 1-3 + Novella
  • Damnation Code (Occult Assassin, #1)
  • Induction (Sid & Sin #1)
  • Black Annis: Demon Hunter (Revenge of the Witch, #1)
  • Netherworld (The Chronicles of Koa #1)
  • Bessie Bell and the Goblin King (Tales of Aylfenhame, #3)
  • Acts of Mercy (Mercy Temple Chronicles #1)
  • Crown Of Blood (Academy Of The Damned, #3)
  • A Murder in Hope's Crossing: Witch's Kitchen Book 1
  • Graveyard Guardians Box Set: Books 1-3 Plus Prequel Novella
  • Curse of Stone (Academy of the Damned, #1)
  • A Date With Death (Conjuring a Coroner #0)
  • Dead at Twilight (Shaded Falls, #1)
  • The Great Witchy Cake-Off (Wonky Inn #7)
  • Whiskey Witches (Whiskey Witches #1)
  • Spellbound (Immortal Love, #3)
From an early age Miranda Brock has always loved fantasy and adventure everything. Since she doesn't live in a world of enchanting powers, mythical beasts, and things unbelievable she has decided to write about them. (Although, if you happen to see a dragon flying around, do tell her.) Born in southern Illinois, where she still resides with her husband and two children, she grew up running through ...more

The Cursed Key Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Hunted Soul (The Cursed Key Trilogy, #2)
  • The Marked Earth (The Cursed Key Trilogy, #3)