Start by marking “I Saw Him Standing There (Oceanic Dreams #1)” as Want to Read:
I Saw Him Standing There (Oceanic Dreams #1)

I Saw Him Standing There

(Oceanic Dreams #1)

This stowaway sets sail for love!

Small-time con artist Siggy needs to get out of town fast. When she’s offered tickets on the legendary Oceanic Aphrodite, Siggy jumps at the chance to get away.  A week on a luxury cruise ship, with a suitcase full of clothes and all expenses paid? Yes, please! The only catch is that she has to pretend to be someone else.
No problem. Sigg

Published May 20th 2019 by Three Birds Press

To ask other readers questions about I Saw Him Standing There, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Saw Him Standing There

Start your review of I Saw Him Standing There (Oceanic Dreams #1)
✨ Gramy ✨
I chose this series because it is listed under the Romantic Comedy category on Amazon. However, after the first fourteen chapters, I have yet to discover any humor in the plot or the characters.

I had a lot of difficulties identifying with the heroine, I feel no curiosity to bother finding out what is going to happen and I'm bored with the vacillating emotions being bandied about by the heroine.

I used to attempt to complete each book that I began. However, I've come to the conclusion that is
Elle's Book Blog
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-2019, chicklit
Release Date: May 20, 2019
Genre: Chick Lit
Series: Oceanic Dreams #1 (can stand alone)

I Saw Him Standing There by Holly Kerr is such a fun read! It's light, quick, and is truly funny! I enjoyed being lost in Siggy's story for a few hours (I breezed right through this one) and found it to be quite a cozy little read. This book (and series) is a must read for everyone's beach bag this summer. I read this one sitting by the pool and couldn't think of anything better.

In this one, Siggy gets an
Andrea Guy
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Siggy has gotten herself into quite a mess. She's a small time con artist that was a former rich girl fleeing from her boss. A borrowed car and another rich girl who thinks she's an Uber driver, land her on a "Love Boat" style cruise ship. So with someone else's identity, she gets to go "cruisin"

Siggy reminded me a little bit of Stephanie Plum at the beginning of the story. She had a little bit of that zaniness that I loved in the early books from that series.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I
Kathleen Kelly
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I Saw Him Standing There by Holly Kerr, is a story of a young woman who finds herself aboard a cruise ship. Siggy ends up getting a passenger in her car, the woman entering thinks that Siggy's car is an Uber. The woman gets a phone call from a man and she gets all giddy, gives her tickets, luggage to Siggy and tells her to have fun on the cruise. Siggy is running away from some bad dudes so she uses her passport and gets on board. The man who welcomes her on board is a hunky young man and she is ...more
Grass monster
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Blurb :
Small-time con artist Siggy needs to get out of town fast. When she’s offered tickets on the legendary Oceanic Aphrodite, Siggy jumps at the chance to get away. A week on a luxury cruise ship, with a suitcase full of clothes and all expenses paid? Yes, please! The only catch is that she has to pretend to be someone else.
No problem. Siggy has no intention of getting close enough anyone to discover her secrets.
But this is the Oceanic Aphrodite and love is in the air. When Siggy sees as
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book. It was so much fun watching Siggy try to reconcile the past she wanted to hide with the future she desired with Will. A great read!
Heidi Lynn’s BookReviews
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
First, I want to thank Holly Kerr for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

I will admit when I first read the title of the book Tiffany’s version of the Beatles song popped into my head! I Saw Him Standing There by Holly Kerr is the first book in the Oceanic Dreams Series.

At the very beginning of the book I had my doubts I was going to like it as the whole con-man storyline is not really my thing. However, quickly with a snap of a finger changed directions. This book is a
Yvonne
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What better way to start my summer beach reading season then with a series taking place on a cruise ship? Fun and romance scream out right from the start when Siggy finds herself a passenger on a “Love Boat” type of cruise with someone else’s identity.

Siggy’s antics keep you laughing and shaking your head at the same time. You can’t help wonder how she will get herself out of this one and not land in jail.

Sparks fly when she finds herself attracted to the assistant cruise director, Will. Not on
Sophie-Leigh Robbins
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Such a fun and entertaining read.
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Can Siggy convince Will to give her a chance?
I Saw Him Standing There by Holly Kerr is a fabulous story of romance on a cruise ship. This book is a marvelous start to the Oceanic Dreams series.
Seraphina “Siggy” Park-Smith a.k.a. Petra Van Brereton
Siggy, wow! Siggy has got a lot going on. Let’s say that she has multiple names and what seems like personalities
Mandie
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I Saw Him Standing There is the first book in a series of eight in the Oceanic Dreams Series. Each one of these books is being written by a different author so I am both excited and intrigued to see how the different writing styles will fit together.
In this instalment we meet Siggy who is trying to escape both her past and the current situation she has found herself in. Mistaken for an Uber driver, help comes in the form of Petra Van Brereton who decides at the last minute she no longer wants t
B.R. Maycock
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
As you can see this is part of a box set about the Oceanic Aphrodite. I have to admit I bought it totally due to the cover, being in the mood for pure chick lit escapism and this didn't disappoint and also started reading so I could begin to make a dent into the mess that is my Kindle, which is brimming with books I HAVE to get started on. It is the story of Siggy, who, on the opening of our book, is on the run from some unsavoury characters who are her work colleagues (Siggy is a con artist). S ...more
Els
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I remember watching ‘The love boat’ on tv some years ago and I did not want to miss one single episode. It goes without a doubt that this series would be straight up my alley.

First of all I want to say that I love the cover. It’s fun, it’s bright and summery. It’s also book #1 in a series of 8 stories and I really think it’s a very clever idea to make them so recognisable. The cover is always more or less the same, but with a different color in the upper part. The cute little ship plays a big pa
Allie Bock
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I Saw Him Standing There is the first book in the Oceanic Dream Series. They are a bunch of fun romantic stories written by a collaboration of authors. All the stories (at least the ones I’ve read) are set on the Aphrodite. This is can be read as a standalone.

From the start, this story just drew me in. In the first scene, Siggy is crawling out of a window to get away from someone. Why was she on the run? Why the window? Siiggy was an absolute delight to read about. I think we could have been fri
Jill
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Let me start by saying that there were some things I liked and some things that I didn't like. At the time I read this, I needed a quick light read and this certainly fit the bill but I still expected a little more. I realize that character development can be difficult in a short book but I was hoping for a little more especially with Will (a prominent secondary character). The story line was okay but there was a lot of repetition in the story and this space could have been used to add something ...more
Linda
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
🌊🐬Cute and brief: will the real Petra please stand up?😎

A nice 🏖beach read and a bit of an escape. Like Siggy, the heroine who takes on a cruise passenger's identity to escape her problematic life, this 🛳 cruise romance took me away to a party-party atmosphere where drinks flow freely and 💘romance lurks around every corner. Her backstory was highly unrealistic but interesting. Ultimately, a sunny, optimistic story about second chances and the positive power of truth. The author gave me the right
Cynthia Isaacs
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was first introduced to Holly Kerr through The Missing Files of Charlotte Dodd which is a spy/action book. I Saw Him Standing There is a very different novel - a perfect read while lazing by the beach or pool. The central character Siggy has had a rough few years until she is offered an opportunity to go on a luxurious "love" cruise on the Oceanic Aphrodite as someone else. Sparks fly for her and other passengers and she meets up with someone from her past. During the course of the novel Siggy ...more
Judy
Jun 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I love the Love Boat premise of this series. This first book is sweet. Siggy has some character development and the story is entirely from her POV. I really didn't feel like I got to know much of anything about Will except as related to his job. Many side characters are introduced, which I assume we will see again in other stories.
Overall, I felt like this story could have been a little "more" of everything but just fell short. I will continue to the next book in the series to see if this story
Kathy
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jump on board the Oceanic Aphrodite for loads of light-hearted rom-coms. In book one, author Holly Kerr starts off this series with a bang! Running away from a loathsome, conniving husband, Siggy has been trying to survive her problematic life and by a twist of fate has now become Petra. She illegally boarded the cruise ship in which everyone is trying to find love. Enter Will, the assistant cruise director, who is so much fun to be around. Amidst the on-going party atmosphere, will Siggy tell W ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the Oceanic Dreams series by Holly Kerr. Siggy is on the run from a guy who she owes money to. She is a con artist but not very good at it. A friend lends her his car that happens to have the Uber sticker and she ends up with a passenger who needs her to take her to the cruise ship Oceanic Aphrodite. But then the passenger changes her mind and offers her cruise ticket to Siggy. Siggy decides to go.

I actually found this book to be delightful. Entertaining and humorous! I will r
Gladys Mills
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I Saw Him Standing There. This book was interesting. I wasn't expecting this story. But it was a very good read! Siggy or Seraphina had turned away from her family and friends because of her past relationship. So she bumps into a girl that changes Siggy's life giving her a chance to get away from it all. Life was changing, she met someone and then Seraphina did something stupid. *** I voluntarily read a Review Copy of this book. All opinions stated are solely my own and no one else’s. ***
Pamela Devereux
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun summer read! First in a series where people are falling in love on the cruise. Siggy has been on her own for years. By accident she ends up on the cruise under cover. Will is the assistant cruise director. He is a lot of fun to be around. Karma has a way to balance everything out. You can go home and you can find love again. You have to want it badly enough to fight for it. I love the cast of characters!
Meaghan Royce- Love Infinity Book Blog
I Saw Him Standing There was a great, short book by Holly Kerr. It starts with Siggy climbing out of a window to escape and by some weird turn of events she ends up on a cruise ship. I like how her past and present kind of meet and all at once she has to figure out who she is and who she wants to be. The ending was cute, but it felt like it ended abruptly. I like this series so far and will definitely be reading more.
Ashleigh
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A quick enjoyable read.
I felt that the author had the ability to convey some depth to the personalities of the characters bringing a greater sense of reality to her story.
The writing draws you in and keeps you interested until the end.
The chemistry between the H and h is great plus their attitudes and events going on make the story even richer.

I received a free copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily.
D Marie
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a good book. It's light and quick read. Siggy and Will made a cute couple. She had issues, but she made the best out of a bad situation. Will was a sweetheart from the start. I absolutely love that the story took place on a cruise ship. It didn't take away from the story. I can't wait to read the rest of the series and I recommend this book.

Ash Lovesbooks
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just A Sail Away!

This is the first book in a fun series about an ocean love cruise with each book written by a different author. The characters are simple but interesting. The cruise is only one week so the amount of details are restricted slightly by the timeline. It’s a great fun read for a little vacation fun.
K Huskić
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Siggy was running from some bad people and was randomly handed tickets to a week long singles cruise. It was just the escape she needed, somewhere she couldn't be found, and a place she could get her head together. She was sceptical of the whole 'Love boat/Cupid's arrow' aspect of the ship, but then she meets Will...

This was a short read, but so much fun! Read it in one sitting!
reader 1085
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, fun lovely story with great characters. Got pulled into the story of Siggy.. cannot wait to read more of this series

Tiffany Levin
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun start to a series!

Loved this book! Great way to introduce a series that is bound to have a ton of fun and sweet moments! Will and Siggy make such a cute couple and I loved watching them and their relationship grow. Can’t wait to continue on in the series!
Danielle Williams
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Omg I was s shocked on how the book first started and then poor siggy getting on that ship, which by the way I would love to do. And how love is in the air and im shocked so many people found love but shocked how at first Will got upset over a name. Glad how it ended.

• Sooo Not Looking For a Man
  • 1997 (90s Flashback, #2)
  • Whisked Away (Paradise Bay, #2)
  • No More Bad Dates (High Tea, #1)
  • Mind Reader
  • The Honeymooner (Paradise Bay, #1)
  • My Great Ex-Scape
  • MultiDate
  • The Suite Life (Paradise Bay #3)
  • Love to Prove You Wrong (Old Pine Cove, #2)
  • Zen Queen
  • Perfume Therapy
  • Fate and Blind Dates: a Romantic Comedy (Twist of Fate Series Book 2)
  • No More Horrible Dates (High Tea, #3)
  • Saved by the Celebutante
  • 1996 (90s Flashback Series, # 1)
  • Royally Crushed (Crazy Royal Love, #1)
Holly Kerr writes chick-lit with the sole purpose of showing the world there is more to the genre than pretty shoes and brooding heroes.
Except for J.B in Unexpecting. He can be kind of broody.
When she's not writing, Holly spends time with her kids, watching Star Wars and super hero movies and training for this marathon she signed up for.
Find out more at www.hollykerr.ca

Oceanic Dreams (8 books)
  • Time of My Life (Oceanic Dreams, #2)
  • Circle in the Sand (Oceanic Dreams #3)
  • I Thought It Was You (Oceanic Dreams #4)
  • I Will Follow Him (Oceanic Dreams #5)
  • Take a Chance on Me (Oceanic Dreams #6)
  • Shut Up and Dance With Me (Oceanic Dreams #7)
  • The Best of You (Oceanic Dreams, #8)