Start by marking “Third Time's the Charm (Boston Seasons #1)” as Want to Read:
Third Time's the Charm (Boston Seasons #1)

Third Time's the Charm

(Boston Seasons #1)

FROM POPULAR GAY ROMANCE AUTHOR K. EVAN COLES

Book one in the Boston Seasons series

Sometimes you have to start over to get love right.

Luke Ryan’s life is too chaotic for romance, what with running his business and being the legal guardian to his ten-year-old niece, but he’s hopeful he’ll find the right man.

Trauma surgeon Finn Thomason recently relocated from Chi

Published May 28th 2019 by Pride Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Third Time's the Charm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Third Time's the Charm

Start your review of Third Time's the Charm (Boston Seasons #1)
Truths Loveislovereview
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, 2019
This was a fabulous story! Unimaginable realistic and with the most engaging personalities.
So many feelings, I loved the way this story was built, the whole plot, absolutely fascinating.

Who could ever think you meet your love under a sidewalk awning. But Luke and Finn did.

Luke has the care of his ten-year-old niece. His love life is on hold because no guy can handle a man with a ten-year-old girl to share your time with.
The start with Finn is somewhat different. Luke is clear about his situation
ReadingAllNite
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-read, m-m, author-site
It was charming!

This is a rare find; a love story of two men who act like adults, having actual conversations about their differences and problems. Who knew?! That’s an oversimplification but this was a highly engaging story about building a relationship amidst the demands of professional careers, family and friends. There are a few instances of non and mis-communication but they aren’t used to contrive drama for the sake of drama. Ordinary human foibles create the tension and anticipation nece
Joyfully Jay
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

This story opens with a cute meeting for the men as Luke is caught in the rain without an umbrella and the men are attracted to each other from the start. The book is character and relationship focused and we see the daily lives of both men and how they try to balance a relationship with work and the demands of family.

Luke is guardian to his niece as his brother is in the military. He is devoted to her, but his schedule is demanding. He hasn’t had a lot of luck w
Karen
3.5 stars rounded down because oh yeah, still no 1/2 stars here on GR, full review to follow soonish!

‘Third Times the Charm’ was my first time reading this author...

...and I’m pretty sure it’s not going to be my last because at the very least be looking for the next book in this series.

Between running his computer programming company with his friends, being the primary caregiver for his 10-year-old niece with everything that raising a 10-year-old entails the last thing that Luke Ryan has tim
Kirstin
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story had me super entranced from the start. I am sporting a big time crush on Finn! And I’m a sucker for a good book cover and I’m in love with this one.

While standing in line for coffee with his friend, Luke turns and notices the hot guy behind him and smiles. Finn smiles back, but they both hesitate and miss an opportunity to speak. Later that night, they run into each other again under Finn's friend's awning and this time when the sparks fly, they take advantage of the situation.

The mee
Jenny Wood
This is my first read by this author, but any time I see a hot dad, or in this case, a hot uncle, I can’t help but get suckered in.

In this one, we have Luke, who is taking care of his niece, Ella while her daddy (Luke’s brother) is deployed, or stationed in a different state. Its been a few years and the routine is working for them, even if it does put a damper on Luke’s social life. I mean, not many single men want a ready-made family. Dating is hard when you’re a single parent… I remember!

An
Pates
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars! K’s first book in the Boston Season series starts off with low angst and sweetness.
I adore Finn and Luke so much.
Finn is amazing and sweet. Their meet cute is perfection. Both times. ;) Luke is just as fabulous. His loyalty to those he holds closest is heartwarming. He sacrifices his personal life over and over until he meets Finn. Even if it takes them a couple times to get there, Third Time’s definitely the Charm.

Ps. I want more Simon!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksp
Sharon Cox
Three and a half stars rounded up to four.
I’ve never read any books by K. Evan Coles before so I was very happy to be given an ARC in return for an honest review.
Luke and his friends run a successful firm in Boston and he has custody of his niece while his brother serves overseas. Ella had been abandoned by her mother when she was young and, with her father serving in the Forces, living with her uncle was the best option.
Finn is a successful trauma surgeon who has recently moved to Boston. His
Mrs.V
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. It's honest, and real, in a way not many romances are. We tend to get fairy-tale-like stories where everything just fits effortlessly into place, and this is not like that!.
Finn and luke struggle, their "real life" seems always to be getting in the way of their blossoming love, Luke is a stand-in parent for his 10 year old niece and Finn's a trauma surgeon with a crazy work schedule. They struggle to find time to be together and to find a balance in their lives and rel
Dara Nelson
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first ready by this author and I really enjoyed it! A thoroughly engaging and uplifting story about the intricacies of dating when you're a single parent (albeit a temporary one) and also the complications of trying to become a 'third-party' to a ready-made family. This had two engaging men who actually act like adults and talk about their problems, differences, wants and desires. So refreshing! I loved both Luke and Finn and adding 10 year old Ella into the mix just made this a wonderful sto ...more
Jayme
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, favorites
This woman loves to torture me with her words, and this was some epic stuff. Between Ella and problematic Chad, I was up to my ears in it, but I soldiered (hey, was that a pun?) on to the very end. Like most of what she writes, K Evan had some surprises for us, some angst, and have I mentioned problematic Chad?

Finn and Luke’s story was a joy to read and I’m looking forward to more from this bunch of friends.
PaperMoon
Jun 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Generally pleasant M-M romance between an IT programmer and a ID physician. Their dance of attraction is quite protracted, with myriad internalized and external roadblocks, misunderstandings and assumptions - so much so that I was beginning to get a little frustrated / annoyed towards the end.
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, 2019-reads

4 Stars

This story started out sweet, in fact, it was a bit too sweet and perfect and maybe just a a tad boring at first, but I’m glad I stuck with it, because the second half was much better. The first half was, I guess what you’d call the honeymoon stage of the relationship and in the second half, real life rears it’s ugly head.

I liked both Finn and Luke and I loved Luke’s devotion to his niece, Ella, but I often steer clear of books with kids and while Ella was a mostly sweet little girl, wh
Jules Lovestoread
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Completely charming and adorable. I enjoyed this so much! <3 <3 <3

Coles’ style feels so easygoing and effortless. The pace and general flow of the story are excellent. There were a couple of points where things could have dragged or gone off track—not gonna lie, I hate “the big misunderstanding” as a plot device, and I was worried the story might lag there—but, Coles smoothly worked through the storyline and kept the guys heading where they needed to be. There were some bumps in their road, sur
Heather
Third Time's the Charm is the third(coincidence if I ever heard one 😉😉) solo story by K Evan Coles that I've read. I love her co-written books with Brigham Vaughn and her solo holiday novellas have been keepers so I went in with probably higher hopes than one really should because that route often leads to disappointment. WELL! No worries there because Luke and Finn's journey is absolutely brilliant!!

My knowledge of Boston geography is strictly from what I've read in books and see on the screen
Natosha Wilson
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book. I enjoyed the whole make shift family scenario. Them adding in a boyfriend to the mix, that is always a recipe for disaster or for a happily ever after. Both the two main characters have so much going on in their lives that they have to figure out how to shift everything around to leave time for the two of them as well without letting everything else fall in the wayside.

Luke is a make shift father to his his ten year old niece. His brother is in the military and has been ov
Tanja
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a lovely story this was. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The writing is flawless. It flows so easily, seemingly without any effort at all. And that had me reading it in one sitting.
Then there are the characters. Both the MCs and the side characters are deeply developed. Finn and Luke are just to die for. Both men have successful careers, content with their life. Finn is a trauma surgeon. Luke has his own business and is caretaker of his ten-year-old niece, Ella. Then suddenly the pouring rain com
Bo
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Smooth Road of Angst

Well, at least it isn't a gay-4-you or a bi guy waking up to the fact that he might be gay. In this beautifully written and deceptively plotted book we have two exceedingly likable gay men who meet cute and continue to meet cute midst bumps in the road that have something to do with their life situations--and a lot to do with their inner turmoil over previous relationships gone wrong.

Emergency trauma surgeon Finn, new to Boston from his home in Chicago, meets up with tech wiz
Amy Dufera
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
K Evan Cole's Third Time's the Charm's a wonderful romance of two men trying to make a relationship work despite their busy schedules and many commitments.

Set in Boston, Luke and Finn have a memorable meet-que, as they meet under an awning in the rain. Seriously, it's just damn sweet. And the Boston setting is well written, allowing the reader to feel the charm of the city.

I love Luke and Finn. Instantly attracted to one another, what follows is a great story of two men living their lives while
Stephanie Carvalho
Another great book by one of the best authors I've read this year. To me, Third Time's The Charm has it all: the charming MCs, very funny second characters (who I HOPE will get their own story, btw) and all those Star Wars and Marvel references <3 <3

What I really like about her books is the everyday life aspect of the stories. Finn and Luke first met on a Starbucks line and start to flirt without actually talking to each other, just stolen glances and smiles. They start to build a friendship, th
E.
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, contemporary, m-m

“Third Time’s the Charm” by K. Evan Coles is the first story in the ‘Boston Seasons’ series. This gay romance features a pair of men who take their responsibilities seriously to the exclusion of pursuing a personal relationship. Each of them has past history that makes them wary of believing in the possibility of a relationship. Finding a way past the wall each has built around his heart may be almost impossible, but neither man is a stranger to working for what he believes in…they jus
Born Onhalloween
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of m/m romance
Shelves: m-m-romance
As a long-time fan of K Evan Coles' writing, I was thrilled when I heard she would be writing a series based in Boston. A native, she knows her way around the city. Her appreciation of the nuances of Boston’s diverse neighborhoods steep the story in a rich sense of place that make the reader feel dropped right into the city. As a transplanted Midwesterner who adopted Boston as home, I deeply appreciated Finn’s teasing Luke about the general crabbiness of New Englanders.

I loved the two main chara
Anna Torres
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Two men with too busy lives, each occupied with jobs and family situations that sometimes get out of control. Two busy men, just like you and me, looking for that elusive someone to share a life with!

This story shows us real life situations. Men looking for someone to share life with. Men looking for that balance that would make life worthwhile. Men trying to cope with responsibilities at the same time looking for someone to share it with. It also shows us the doubts, insecurities, frailties tha
Edga
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really liked this. Finn is charming and funny, Luke loves his friends and family, is kind hearted and also totally unaware of how gorgeous and desirable he is.

He and Finn fall in love and are perfect for each other. However, for them to be together they both need to overcome a number of obstacles life keeps throwing their way, pesky things like work and family demands. In fact, the latter was one thing that did annoy me, I did feel that Luke's family took advantage of his good nature somewhat.
AL
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc_reads
A story of two guys meeting in a coffee shop. Well, we've seen it before, right?
Two guys trying to fit their new relationship into their busy lifes? Yup, been there.
What we don't see often, and this book has it in spades, is two MCs struggling to build a lasting connection among a host of secondary characters, witty remarks, life's curve balls and complicated emotions, all described in a way that just pulls you in with every page with humor and heartfelt emotions you feel deep down :).
I love the
Sarita Chapdelaine
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This is an excellent start to a new series and I love everything about this book. It is sweet, fun, sexy, emotional, entertaining, the storyline is great, there is a lovely family dynamic, a cute but opinionated kid, supportive friends and the characters are amazing. I love Finn and Luke together and their first and second meetings are as adorable as they are awkward. They have an instant attraction, a strong connection and their chemistry is off the charts. Trying to balance their extremely bus ...more
BookSnuggle
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Third Time’s the Charm by K. Evan Coles. This is Finn Thomason and Luke Ryan’s story.

Luke is providing day to day care for his brother’s daughter while he is fulfilling his military duty which doesn’t leave much time for a personal life.

Finn is new to Boston and works as a trauma surgeon so with being the new guy his schedule is crazy. He is getting over a bad relationship.

I loved Finn and Luke’s story and how they met. The chemistry was hot between them when they could finally work it out bet
Emilee
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! Luke and Finn were great. I loved how sweet their first meeting was. Finn sharing his umbrella with Luke after they both thought they had missed their chance at the coffee house. It wasn't easy for Luke and Finn to build their relationship. Both of them had crazy schedules, Finn was a doctor with a hectic schedule. Luke juggled work and helping to raise his 10 year old niece, Ella. Not only did they have to schedule their time together around work, but also how to help Ella u ...more
Terri
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the story of two sexy single men meeting and trying to carve out a relationship around their busy, complicated lives. I'll admit, it took me a while to warm up to Finn. He let his friends' doubts drive his actions in his relationship with Luke too many times. That was very frustrating for me. Meanwhile, Luke was being the best brother and uncle on the planet and still bending over backward to try to keep Finn happy with him. (Luke also let his niece run over him at times, which didn't do ...more
Belinda Zamora
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. Luke is computer programmer who helps care for his niece Ella while her father is stationed elsewhere because her mother had left them. He meets Finn who's an ER doctor. They've both been hurt by previous partners. Luke especially has a difficult time maintaining a relationship because most of the men he's tried to date have a problem understanding that his niece Ella is so important to him. Both men have strange, conflicting schedules. Ella also has some difficulty with Finn ...more

• Single (Single Dads #1)
  • If We Could Go Back (Camassia Cove, #6)
  • Made for You (Love and Family, #2)
  • I've Got You (True-Blue, #2)
  • Prince of Killers (Fog City, #1)
  • Adam Only (Those Other Books #2)
  • Tough Guy (Game Changers, #3)
  • The Color of Summer
  • Broken Silence (Rock Bottom, #1)
  • Pieces of You (Missing Pieces, #1)
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • Close to Home (Sawyer's Ferry, #4)
  • Dancing with Daddy
  • Gideon (Finding Home, #3)
  • A Breath Apart
  • Kiss Me Again
  • Him Improvement
  • Save the Date (Harrisburg Railers #9)
K. Evan Coles is a mother and tech pirate by day and a writer by night. She is a dreamer who, with a little hard work and a lot of good coffee, coaxes words out of her head and onto paper.

K. lives in the northeast United States, where she complains bitterly about the winters, but truly loves the region and its diverse, tenacious and deceptively compassionate people. You’ll usually find K. nerding