Start by marking “13-Minute Murder” as Want to Read:

13-Minute Murder

Michael Ryan has a talent to sell. He can kill anybody in just minutes from the first approach to the clean escape. His skills have served him well, and he has a grand plan: to get out alive and spend his earnings with his beloved wife, Maria.

An anonymous client offers Ryan a rich payout to assassinate a target in Harvard Yard. One last big job is just what Ryan nee
Audiobook, Unabridged 9HR 47M
Published April 16th 2019 by Blackstone Publishing

To ask other readers questions about 13-Minute Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 13-Minute Murder

Matt
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Note: This is a review solely of this short story, not the collection of three BookShots found in the published work bearing the same name. Please see the link for each of the other two stories individually, as they were read and reviewed previously, also independently.

Dead Man Running

113 Minutes

13-Minute Murder

It is always nice to curl up with a BookShot to pass an hour or so, watching James Patt/>/>/>
Kay
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beware this is three bookshots and not a standalone book.
DEAD MAN RUNNING ⭐ ⭐⭐⭐ First story was very good. Could've been a full length book. Main character and suspense were good.

113 MINUTES ⭐⭐⭐⭐ I was going to give the second story 3 stars. The story didn't make sense, but the twist was good and explained it all.

13-MINUTE MURDER ⭐⭐⭐ Didn't like the story as much as the first two, but I liked the character, some humor...and I'm a sucker for dogs. A darker story.
Laura Rash
First off, I’m going to start everyone with a warning for this book. It’s actually 3 bookshots in one. Unfortunately I didn’t know this when I pre-ordered it. And unfortunately I had already read 2 of these as bookshots. So I overpaid immensely for one bookshot that wasn’t even a good one. There should be a disclaimer on the front of these books that clearly states that it includes formally published BOOKSHOTS. *rant over
Donna Hines
This is a hodge podge of three in one bookshots and so for those who may have read Dead Man Running and 113 Minutes you may be slightly pissed.
With this said, I'm a fan but not a pure bred die hard whose read every book of James Patterson or his co authors so for me I was good.
It begins with Dead Man Running a 2017 novella that had many hearts pounding from reviews I've read.
So I thought to self why not try it out for size and comfort right?
It wasn't bad if you believe th
Wonda
Aug 22, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1...I couldn't get passed the awful attempt at a knockoff version of Gregory House!!! Sorry folks...there is only one...A psychiatrist...Sorry, Next!!
Paula Soloman
This books provided me with a valuable lesson that I need to read the reviews and not just to grab a James Patterson book off the shelf and purchase it because I love his books. Had I read the reviews I would have know NOT to purchase it because I would have known that this is actually 3 bookshots in one. Unfortunately I had already read 2 of the book shots and was not thrilled at the last which is the name of the book. Very sneaky , Mr. James Patterson!
Joan
Apr 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A trilogy of murderous mayhem . . . .

“Dead Man Running” pits psychiatrist Randall Beck against a clandestine group plotting murder at a political debate. They’re determined to eliminate their candidate’s opposition, a woman who just happens to be the President of the United States.
“113 Minutes” follows a grieving mother who takes the law into her own hands as she sets out to expose her teenaged son’s murderer.
“The 13-Minute Murder” finds Michael Ryan, reputed to be the world’s
Bill Buckley
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 stories. James Patterson is the world's best selling Paperback Writer. I like how he Comes Together with other writers to spin a good yarn.
Rohit
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the second story the most.
Richard
These are contrived stories but you snack them up like a bag of M & M's.
I still don't understand the title.
Linda
Jun 28, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Once again, I see that I am in the minority on my review. Most folks seem to have liked this book. I gave this 1 star because 0 just isn't an option. I had high expectations. James Patterson is the best selling author of all time, right? I just don't get it. First, I didn't realize that this book was actually 3 short stories that were co-written with James Patterson. The first one was okay, but I felt that it stopped pretty short of a satisfactory ending or even a satisfactory read. My opinion-- ...more
Cheryl Napoli
May 11, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Literally the dumbest thing I’ve ever read. Didn’t know this was a book of Bookshots.
Kiki
May 01, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Dead Man Running was the best of the lot. The other 2 were meh.
Bookreporter.com Mystery & Thriller
THE 13-MINUTE MURDER is an interesting concept. The book contains three separate short thrillers (including the title story), each written by James Patterson and a different author. It’s an entertaining presentation, and a convenient one, giving readers a compact volume with varied selections to enjoy either while waiting for whatever appointment one might encounter or during scheduled reading time. Anything that encourages and facilitates the act of reading is to be praised, and Patterson is a ...more
Walt Jacob
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Since this turned out to be not just one novel, but 3 novelettes (James Patterson calls them "Bookspots"), the first of which (entitled Dead Man Running) I kind of liked, the 2nd (entitled 113 Minutes) I found something less than "ok", and the 3rd by the title that appears on the front cover, an OMG-I-Can't-Believe-James Patterson-Admits-He-Co-authored-A-Book-This-Bad, a composite 2-Star rating is probably more than the book deserves. James Patterson, who has been referred to as "the gold standard by which all others are judged", i ...more
Lorrie
This book is a collection of 3 Bookshots. I'll rate each story separately, and my final, overall rating is the average.

Dead Man Running - James Patterson & Chris Farnsworth
4 stars

My favorite of the three bookshots. Could have easily been a full novel (in fact, I wish it had been). I think the ending was a LITTLE too contrived (not the ending of the standoff, but where Beck found himself... you know what I mean if you've read it).

113 Minutes - James Patterson & M
Linda
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The 13-Minute Murder by Patterson and Shan Serafin is about a contract killer named Michael Ryan who had a contract to kill the son of a Croatian mobster but his partner killed him instead. Ryan then finds his wife killed and goes to his partner's house and takes him out after he got information from him. The story was confusing here. Did Ryan kill his wife when he found out she was having an affair with his partner or did someone else kill her? After Ryan killed people, he placed them in his fr ...more
Michelle
Dead Man Running and 113 Minutes are also included in this book of 3 short Book Shots stories. I had not read any of these. I would say each story rates three stars, as nothing too amazing occurred to make any of them stand out. In fact, writing this review is hard because thinking back, I can’t really recall one single strong point in each that really stands out to me. I enjoyed the Book Shot stories for what they are, which is usually a quick and an entertaining read. So if you don’t go in exp ...more
Shelley
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Probably a 2.5.

There are three (not two as the book description says) shorter stories by three separate co-authors in this book, something I didn't realize when I grabbed it off the new books library shelf. I think this may have been a vehicle to test the waters as to whether Mr. Patterson will begin a few new series. I do enjoy a few of his co-authored series, not so much others.

I read the book quickly and found them quite ridiculous in some aspects, and honestly forgettable.
Sharon Pecci
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This James Patterson book was a bit of a letdown. The Thirteen Minute Murder was a collection of short novels. The first, Dead Man Running, was about a dying psychiatrist who is trying to stop the murder of a presidential candidate. Grade: B. The second, 113 Minutes, I had actually read before. I reread it because it had such a great storyline, a a wonderful plot twist. Grade: A. 13 Minute Murder was the really disappointment. The it was a pretty unlikely tale of a contract killer, who also has ...more
Jonathan
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
James Patterson's work is a constant on my bookshelf,and I came across this book by chance.What makes this novel unique is that it's 3 stories all rolled into one book. One story involves an assassin out for revenge, the second story involves a mother out to save her son,and the final story involves a hit man out for a huge payday,with nothing quite being what it seems. This novel has a lot of action and suspense,and the pacing is quick. The only drawback is that the 3 stories don't really conne ...more
Christine D
Apr 25, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bookshots are totally hit or miss.
This was a miss.
It is a compilation of three bookshots and even though they are short I found myself struggling to care and rolling my eyes a lot.
Dead Man Running- not a good plot, also, is there an unexpected outcome? Nope.
113 Minutes- Depressing plot
13 Minute Murder- the main character Mike was psycho and I groaned in aggravation a lot.

So, even though they are short, I'm sure there is something else out there for me to
Katherine Clark
James Patterson is apparently the most prolific mystery writer ever. What I like is his partnerships with other writers. I find his books to be surfacy, but who cares. I enjoy reading them. In this case, this book was actually 3 novellas, and I preferred 2 of them and meh to the third. I still don't quite understand the title, but again, it was fun.

For tonight's reviews, I actually read the 5 books I am going to mention in the past few weeks.
Monica Willyard Moen
You can’t really tell this from the title, so I should probably mention that this book consists of three novellas, each with a freestanding mystery plot. I enjoyed the first two more than the third, though the writing for the third is quite good. I just happen to prefer heroes who are unwilling to cross certain lines. All three stories share a very active voice, twisty plots, and occur in tiny spaces, each in their own way.
Winnie Quach
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I personally loved the plot of the three stories, in which I each found exciting and a real page-turner. Although I liked the idea of multiple stores in one book, I would just rather have each thriller set into its own book. That way, the stories would have been longer and have added detail on certain parts of each story. Again, loved the book and would definitely read more of Patterson's books.
John
May 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a collection of three of James Patterson's bookshots, two of which you can purchase separately (which I already did). But the third is only available in this book, so of course....well you know the rest. Anyways, the third story was pretty entertaining, but not as good as the first two. So, averaging out the stars I would give for overall.
Claudia Keller
Three short stories included in this JP book. Dead Man Running reads like a B grade movie...predictable and unimpressive. 113 Minutes was good but like a Reader's Digest condensed novel...leaves you feeling like much of the story was left out. And I kept nodding off during the 13-Minute Murder...boring read. This was not J.P.'s typical book.
Lisa Adams
I listened to this book on audio from my library. I was disappointed that the middle story was a repeat from a previous bookshot book. The stories before and after that were not very memorable. James Patterson is one of my favorite authors and we all can't be 100% all of the time. I out this book of short stories in the "meh" pile.
Lee
This is a review of the single Bookshot book name 13 minute murder not the 3 bookshot compilation. This was an okay story about a hitman and his partner who are doing a hit when something goes wrong and they find themselves fighting for their lives.
Donna
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has three books in one. The common factor - murder. Each of them, is a quick read and thrilling. Time is equally a common thread between all three stories. How long does it take to commit murder?
« previous 1 3 4 next »
3 short stories 1 2 Apr 18, 2019 05:37PM
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cro