Start by marking “Throttle (Savage Disciples MC #6.5)” as Want to Read:
Throttle (Savage Disciples MC #6.5)

Throttle

(Savage Disciples MC #6.5)

Once a Disciple, forever a Disciple.

Candy didn’t build a life for herself by being stupid,
regardless what people might think of her being a stripper.
And no matter what her body wants, what her heart wants,
she knows that falling for a fighter is as stupid as it gets.

A Disciple will fight like a savage, but that isn’t always the way.

If Hook’s life has taught him one thing: t
Published May 9th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Throttle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Throttle

Start your review of Throttle (Savage Disciples MC #6.5)
Tpagirl Loves Romance
Throttle was a novella within the Savage Disciples MC series by Drew Elyse. The time line aligned from start to finish with the previous book, Cruise; however, it was told from Hook and Candy’s perspectives.

Hook was a newly patched member of the MC. He was a fighter and learned the importance of fighting from an early age. Candy worked at one of the Savage Disciple companies, The Candy Store. She was wildly attracted to Hook but vowed never to get involved with a fighter.

Elyse took us through th
Kahea
***4 Stars***

Confession: I haven’t read any of the books in the Savage Disciples series (Yet) but I have read the Sailor’s Grave books, which is a spin off of the SD series. So I figured that since I read those and have some knowledge of the MC and the fact that it was stated that Throttle could be read as a standalone, I figured I’d give it a go and it was a great read. Quick, fun, smexy and had just the right amount of drama to keep things interesting, it kept me turning the pages and want
Rosa Sharon (iScream Book Blog)
"Can't say I always fight fair."

Throttle was exactly what I needed to remind me why I love the Savage Disciples MC so much. This little morsel of goodness reacquainted me with the characters that I adore and made me sigh with contentment at being back in their clubhouse. Once a Disciple, forever a Disciple, right?

I felt the sparks between Hook and Candy immediately and it drove him (and me) crazy that she was determined to resist the attraction. What made it even more high octane
LaToya (Readingbythebayou)
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Okay, first let me say, Novellas and MC books are normally not my go to reading choices....but, I have read a couple of Ms. Elyse’s other books and enjoyed them. Also, there was a statement that Cruise should be read first, even though Throttle is a stand-alone, wellllllllll......I just skipped and dived right into Hook and Candy’s story and I didn’t feel lost (which is a fine example of an author setting the stage for a new reader).

Now for why you are reading this.....as this was a novella, it
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
Drew Elyse just keeps delivering wonderful reads that keeps reminding me why I love this MC so much. I can't help but to keep coming back for more and looking forward to each and every word delivered.

The chemistry between Hook and Candy is one that everyone can see. Hook wants Candy with everything in him but Candy is fighting it and he is determined to find out why. Will she be willing to share? Will he be ready to hear her reasons? What happens when they both open up to each other? What happe
Busy Bumble Bee Book Reviews
Oh my goodness how I have missed this series and these characters. The Savage Disciples has been one of my go-to re-read MC series since I started reading this series. So when this series was seemingly coming to come to an end, I was sadden by the fact we would no long have any more Savage Disciples. But as soon as I saw this novella was coming out I knew I had to jump on that and read it.

I'm going to be honest here and say that I honestly forgot who Hook was. And that makes me sad since I love
Brittany
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as an ARC in return for an honest review

I stumbled across Drew Elyse and her Savage Disciples MC almost two years ago. She instantly hooked me into the drama and emotion she brings to her writing. Her characters are so well balanced, and I’ve always loved that her MC, while it can be dirty, dangerous and lawless, isn’t over the top. When I caught wind that she had decided to do a Novella that featured Hook I was ready to jump on the chance to read it.
Hook and Candy are both
Rebecca Austin
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-companies
Hook is a member of the Savage Disciples MC and when a party is thrown in his honor he is more than happy to have Candy dance for him. Besides being a member of the Savages MC he is also a successful fighter who grew up trying to protect his mom.

Candy grew up in an abusive home and hates violence and fighting and no matter how much she is attracted to Hook, his fighting is in the back of her mind.

Can Candy get over her aversion to fighting to give Hook a chance? When the Savage Disciples are hav
Dana
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Now for why you are reading this.....as this was a novella, it
Bex_Book_Revieux
Candy and Hook are smouldering in Throttle!

Drew Elyse slayed it with this short gem bringing the men from The Savage Disciples MC back with their newest patched in brother - Hook!

This book has all the action, steamy, sexy fun times you've come to expect. While novellas are sometimes harder for me to get into than full length novels, Ms. Elyse does an outstanding job with plot lines and character development.

Definitely worth all 5 stars, I can't wait to see what she brings with the next Sailor's
Reviews By J Gray
Full Friggin Throttle

I love all the boys but I can honestly say that Hook is in my top three.

I dig how beautifully consent and respect are protrayed here... And honestly it just makes it all that much hotter.

I will say that you really need to read stone's book first.

It's time to reread the series. So damn good.
Janet Parson
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well just finished this series.. and I am sad that it’s over. Surely there are other members to find love... YES! What about Doc? and Roadrunner? Come on, let’s get their stories.. please? This is an awesome MC series. Lots of love, steam and smirks. HEA and no cliffs.
Off to read about Kate now, that book, made me cry so hard. Hated that bit but I know she will get a HEA! ❤️
Keewatin
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mc-romances
Love for the new brother!!

Awesome short novella that includes a quick love connection for the newest Disciple! Great story, would have liked a full book, the ending seemed almost incomplete.
Safety Lady
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hooked

Pretty tame for a MC book but very well written. Hook sounds like a dream man who has fallen hard for Candy. Both of their upbringings have a lot to be desired, but they both get their HEA in the end. Happy reading.
Jo Adams
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

One of my favourite series! Love this mc and although this is a novella I loved candy & hook,would have loved them to be full length but their story fits in along side stones book.
Book
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't pull any punches

Hook and Candy.
Great couple both with past that is so similar it is spooky.
The author pulls you in and holds onto you until the end of the story.
You won't be disappointed in reading this book.
I just wish they would have a book for Doc and Roadrunner.
Bonnie McCutcheon
Awesome!

I absolutely love this series. Another incredibly story. It feels like I got to spend some time with old and new friends. Hook and Candy are so sweet together.
Meagan Brown
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the Savage Disciples!

Loved seeing this crew again! Savage disciples are one of my favorite MC series and Hook’s story was another hit!
Amber Parke-Fultz
Loved!

I am not a fan of novellas, but of course being a Disciples book, I was hooked from the start....pun intended! Great book. I highly recommend it.
Anne Sherman
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hook

Not much too it. Basically a recap of what went on in Stones book. I did like Hook and Candy
Sallie Page
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mc
Great

Short but awesome read, loved Hook and so glad he got the girl. Candy is pretty awesome as well a good fit.
Catherine Anderson
too short but good
Gina Marie
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hook & Candy

I soooo enjoyed this little novella with Hook and Candy’s story. Hook is a fighter for all the right reasons and Candy is perfect for him.
Heather Emery
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable read. The characters were well done and I felt the connection right away.
TheHauteBookworm
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A yummy, steamy romance!
To Hook, Candy lived up to her name in every way.
“Glancing back her way, I saw Candy had her eyes on me. And f@*k me if that bit of resolve I’d just drummed up didn’t fracture. I hadn’t even had a taste yet, and still she made my mouth water.”
To Candy, Hook was,
“Unapologetic, brash, hot. He was my living breathing Achille’s heel.”
They circled each other at every gathering. The chemistry is so strong it created a pull making them aware of the other’s every move. Unfortunat
I've read (and absolutely adored) the Sailor's Grave Series by this author, but totally missed the Savage Disciples MC books. (I will be correcting that ASAP!) This book was an emotional roller coaster! I couldn't help but catch feelings for Candy and Hook!

Candy has a past that would leave anyone with hangups galore. And she has plenty to share. She has worked hard to make a life for herself, and has made a place for herself among the Savage Disciples MC, loving the feeling of safety and family
Brittany
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book as an ARC in return for an honest review

Hook and Candy are both
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review by: Melanie
(4.5 stars)

After thinking the previous book was the last in the series, I was so happy when this book was announced and I am so glad I wasn't disappointed. Hook is a newly patched member of the Savage Disciples MC, he waited a long time for his patch as the club wanted to wait for their Pres. to be released from prison before patching him in. Throughout his prospect time he has lusted after Candy; one of the girls from the strip club the Disciples own, and although he could tel
Maetime Reads
Drew Elyse is one of my auto buy authors. I was soooooo excited when I found out she was releasing a novella of the Savage Disciples, so we'd get another taste of it.
I loved it, but I was bouncing back and forth on my feelings.
On one hand I wished that this was it's own longer story added to the series. I enjoyed the H and h so much and there could have easily been more drama added to the story.
On the other hand, Cruise is one of my all time favorite books. In my opinion, it's the perfect MC boo

• Rocket (Hell's Handlers MC, #5)
  • Connected in Code (Ravage MC Rebellion MC #4)
  • Prospect (The Kings of Retribution MC #6)
  • Saint (Knights of Fury, #1)
  • Riggs (The Kings of Retribution, Louisiana Chapter, #1)
  • Outcast (Southern Rebels MC Book 2)
  • Sax (Savage Kings MC #9)
  • Never Let Me Go (Bayou Devils MC Book 6)
  • Blade (Soulless Bastards MC Daytona Chapter, #1)
  • Atone (The Disciples Book 2)
  • Sheltering Macy: Stone Knights MC Book 8
  • Liam (Brothers Ink, #3)
  • Draven (Soulless Bastards MC So Cal Chapter, #2)
  • Animal's Reformation (Insurgents MC, #13)
  • Thorn's Revenge (Devil's Riot MC, #2)
  • The Middle Man (Professionals, #6)
  • Exquisite Sin (Iron Horse MC,# 6)
  • Guts & Glory: Walker (In the Shadows Security, #4)
Drew Elyse spends her days trying to convince the world that she is, in fact, a princess and writing tear-jerking and sexy romance novels. Her titles include the Savage Disciples MC and Sailor’s Grave series.

When she isn't writing, she can usually be found pouring over books with a pot of tea beside her, obsessively building her Disney collections, binge watching her favorite shows, or baking all

Savage Disciples MC (7 books)
  • Clutch (The Disciples' Daughters, #1)
  • Shift (The Disciples' Daughters, #2)
  • Engage (Disciples' Daughters #3)
  • Ignite (Savage Disciples MC Book 4)
  • Combust (Savage Disciples MC Book 5)
  • Cruise (Savage Disciples MC Book 6)