Start by marking “Falling Down” as Want to Read:
Falling Down

Falling Down

Josh finds himself homeless at eighteen, but he has a plan. He’ll head north on the bus to New England and spend October there for his mother’s sake. She always talked about going to see the fall leaves someday. And when the leaves are done and the harsh winter comes, Josh plans to find a place to curl up and let go. It will be a relief to finally stop fighting.

Mark spent
Audiobook, 8 pages
Published April 17th 2019 by Pinkerton Road LLC (first published November 9th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Falling Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling Down

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Eli Easton takes us to the woods of New Hampshire where 18-year-old Josh, homeless and adrift, comes to die. Once the snow falls, the fluffy blanket of cold and ice will be more cozy than the stench and fear he lives every day.

Josh and his mom once lived in their car, but he had his mom then, his loving, gentle mother who believed in him and tried so hard to give him a good life. Now Josh is all alone, and he's numb to everything but death.

Mark, a veteran who served in Afghanistan, finds Josh
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
4 Stars!!

Once again, Eli Easton delivered a sweet, sweet tale that warmed my heart. 'Falling Down' is a heartfelt story about finding hope and love and second chances at life, fantastically written and sucked me in from the start. I’m a big fan of this author and after reading the blurb I was more than curious to find out how these two characters’ journey to happiness would unfold.

"That's the way I want you. Like I would crawl over hot coals to get to you. Like nothing would ever stop me from

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Eli Easton is one of my all-time favorite authors, and she does it again with a heartfelt, angsty book that showcases her serious side.

*Trigger warnings: PTSD, suicidal thoughts, depression*

Falling Down is about a 18-year old man at the end of his rope. Josh is heartbroken, homeless, and sees no way out of his depression other than death. But he decides to make one last trip in order to honor his mother and visit a place that they dreamed of seeing together.

Josh was a rough character for me to
☆ Todd
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

For this book to be about a suicidal, homeless 18 year old and a 24 year old ex-Marine recovering from PTSD, while hiding in the closet from his entire family, this was much more upbeat (for the most part) than what I expected.

When Josh's mother died suddenly, he could have stayed with his step-father, but that meant lying about his sexuality, so he left. He'd been homeless for a while and decided to go see the fall leave in New England, then curl up in the snow and end it all.

Mark had always f
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Hearts!

One is not going to get anything less from Easton other than good writing and strong feels.

Josh has had it rough in his short 18 years of life, and he’s basically given up. He doesn’t want to feel or hope or want because that will inevitably bring disappointment, and Josh has definitely had quite enough.

Mark has his own baggage as well, especially from his time served in the military. He’s got a protective and caring side to him but at the same time, he’s scared of letting others down
Ele
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know, I know...Everybody loved this. Well, I liked it. Kinda. Obviously, I'm the minority, so don't mind me and my dissenting opinion.

I just didn't like Josh. There, I said it. I don't know exacly why, I think it was little things here and there. For starters, I side-eyed the vegan thing so hard. You 're vegan, that's awesome. But dude! You 've been homeless for the past three months, you 're skin and bones, you 're starving, your hands are shaking, you 're looking at bread like it's the most
Jewel
Just looking at the cover for Falling Down and reading the blurb, I knew I was in for a good cry. This story made my heart hurt, but by the end it was singing.

Josh Rivers is a young man who thinks he has nothing left to live for. The only person who ever really loved him, his mother, is dead and Josh is just so tired. Tired of fighting, tired of being alone, tired of being. So he makes one last promise to himself and his mother and heads north to see the leaves change. She always wanted to go,
Susan
Nov 10, 2016 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 46%

I'm so sorry, but I’m just not feeling it.

description

Eli Easton is always hit or miss for me. And this just couldn't keep my attention. I felt no connection to either Mark or Josh, so I decided to throw in the towel.

(And I'm still surprised at the fact that Eli Easton decided to make Josh vegan. Seriously dude, you're homeless for god's sake, how on earth do you have the luxury to be picky??)

Sorry to leave my buddy readers Els, Wendy and Karlijn hanging.
description
Elsa Bravante
Le doy cuatro estrellas dudando sí serían mejor tres, pero ya que ha tenido que sobrevivir mi rabia absoluta por las elecciones en USA, vamos con las 4.

Easton tiene libros que son absolutamente meh para mi, y otros que se ganaron un trocito de mi corazón lector como Superhero o Mating Michael, este se acerca más a lo segundo que a lo primero. Una historia de amor en un entorno muy melancólico, como es el otoño, en la que se tocan temas duros, pensamientos y sentimientos con mucho peso, y que nos
BWT (Belen)
Josh is eighteen and homeless, apathetic about life, and still missing his mother who died the year before. He decides pretty spontaneously to head north to New England so he can see the changing of the leaves and wait for the snow to come and let himself finally let go.
The apathy Josh wore like a shroud crept back in, numbing his heart.

cry

Mark is twenty-four and struggling a bit after leaving the active Marines. He's very closeted and, with the exception of a hook-up friends-with-benefits, he's
Jason Bradley
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, edb, m-m
This touched me on so many levels. Amazing!
Karen
I'm just not sure how this happened...

I have to admit even I think this one's a case of it's me. I was all set to love this story. It had the makings of one that would take me apart and then put me back together again and I'm truthfully not sure why it didn't happen that way.

Josh tugged at my heartstrings and I felt for him. Losing his mom so suddenly and unexpectedly. Not really having anyone who seemed to care enough to see how much this affected him. Seriously I have to admit I was at a los
.Lili.

Falling Down by Eli Easton is a gorgeous melancholy story of hope and love. The story starts with 18 years old Josh who has decided to end his life. He travels toNew England where he and his mom spoke of visiting one day. He figures that letting go in the snow will be a peaceful way to go. It's by chance that he ends up at the bridge near 24 years old, Mark. Something about Josh calls to Mark, and the two begin a tenuous friendship that blossoms into more.

What I loved:

-Josh. Like, Mark, I was
Karla
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars!
Eli Easton
Nov 09, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Here's my desktop post for "Falling Down":

I hope you enjoy the book!
Eli
Sandra
Pre-read thoughts: Holy crap, that blurb. This is gonna hurt, innit?

Review: Holy crap, that hurt. My poor heart!

Trigger warnings: PTSD, suicidal thoughts, depression

Homeless and orphaned at barely 18, Josh has only one goal - get to New England for the Fall to watch the leaves change color, in honor of his mom, whom he lost, a trip that was something he and his mother had hoped to do, and then curl up and let the harsh climate take him. He spends much of his last funds on a bus ticket to get to
Denise H.
*** Never give up. Always keep hoping. Life is worth living. Follow their journey.
* Josh, 18, and his Mom had been homeless for awhile,

and he just had his mother die. He's in a bad mental state, while he plans to go north to see the fall leaves in her honor, and then lay down when the snow starts to fall, he's had enough, and no one cares.

As luck would have it, he's broke, tired, cold, and depressed, when he finds a bridge he can use for shelter. In the morning he wakes up with a warm sleepin
Kaje Harper
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comfort-reread, m-m
Eli Easton has a writing style that just fits my mood, when I want emotion without painful angst, and sweetness without cloying. This is the story of a young man who ran away at 17, after his mother's death, and now at 18 is losing hope. Josh is lost, and sinking. He heads to New England to see the fall colors his mom always wanted to see with him. Her ashes are in his backpack, and he doesn't have real plans, beyond somehow finding an end to the emptiness inside him.

Mark was in the Marine Corps
Manfred
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading Eli Easton is a safe bet for me. I can't remember any of her books I didn't like. And with "Falling down" in my eyes, she did it again!
The story is about Josh who is homeless and heading to New England to see the leaves turning red as he always wanted to do with his mother when she was still alive. Now he only has her ashes with him and he is determined to just lie down and die, once winter has arrived.
Mark is an ex-Marine who hated his deployment in Afghanistan and is not ready to tel
Chris
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
4.5 stars for this beautiful story. It's funny how's lives intersect and the way the universe provides opportunities to change destinies. This story really was about just that. A chance bridge for Josh to sleep under, a nightmare that wakes Mark and has him wandering to a small fire only to find a sleeping beauty. Mark befriends Josh and offers him a place to stay, work and food - all the luxuries taken for granted. Josh begins to trust Mark and a beautiful friendship develops. Slowly this grows ...more
BR11
The cover called my attention because is the same guy from the cover of Overexposed. It seems to be the same photo session as well.
This story is a touch sad. You feel for Josh... he's just tired and still hurting so much from his mom passing away... He's giving up on a life that has been tough and sometimes cruel. Even if someone else would be jaded under the same circumstances, he is not. He is such a gentle and old soul and he finds another one in Mark.
Mark is a young vet who enlisted to pro
Bev

Well, I'm sticking with 4 stars for this one. Michael Stellman's narration was good as per usual but the production of the audio left quite a lot to be desired. Long pauses in chapters, and the sound quality was pretty meh...lots of hissing and also on my copy, some of the words repeated, as in 'heebie jeebies'...we got 'bies' repeated, as well as other stuff. All of which I think should have been taken care of in post production.

photo falling autumn leaves_zps37eodpwf.gif

***Book Review***

4.25 stars from me. Beautifully written as per
Sandra
This was just lovely. Sweet and smooth and sad, but also uplifting. I enjoyed watching Josh and Mark slowly build a friendship, and I thought the pace was perfect. If their relationship had developed too early it would have either felt forced, or like Mark was taking advantage of Josh. But by the time anything happened, they had pretty much both fallen in lurve.

This is one of those stories where you look back and think, "nothing really happened", but I still enjoyed every minute. They live thei
books_and_brew

Man oh man this book was heartbreaking

I can always count on Eli Easton to give me a happy go-lucky story with an even happier ending. While we did get a HEA in Falling Down, it was quite a road for Mark and Josh to get there.

Josh is homeless and determined to die. He has made peace with his decision and almost looks forward to that day so he can reunite with his mother. The bridge he chooses to die under just so happens to be next to the cabin where Mark is staying. On one fateful night, they f
Debra

This book bookended putting me through the wringer, with a nice slow-build love story in the middle. Josh goes from desperation to almost immediate salvation, even though he can't trust it at first or give up on his plan to end it all. Mark also has his share of troubles, trying to be himself while hiding away from the family that expects him to be something else.

I loved that Eli Easton took the time needed so we could see Josh and Mark build their relationship from wary strangers to t
Amanda
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If I were to judge solely on the cover, I don't think I will pick it up. Thank goodness I only got the blurb in my email and decided to give it a try. Falling Down is quite a heartfelt romance between two lost individuals, pretty low in drama except for some sensitive thoughts.

Josh is a homeless young guy. Just turned 18 with no one and nowhere to go. He had a very close relationship with his mum and thus decided to head to Hampshire, the place she long to go, but didn't manage to. Josh is a ver
Teri
I'm not sure. Part of me was so upset and ...well almost angry at times while reading this that I I thought maybe I didn't like it as much as I did...but I can't give it less than 5 stars because of all the emotions I felt while reading it. It is sad. It is heavy. It is utterly heartbreaking and lonely and scary in a way, too. But I find that when I read books that feel like this, the weight on my chest and all, that when those moments of hope come through, they are just ...perfection. Josh has ...more
Vallie
I can’t believe I held on to this for so long before putting on my big girl panties to read it! It’s definitely my favourite book of the year and right up there with my favourites by this author. The story was so poignant and gut-wrenching, I read it in one seating, and I haven’t done that in a long time. The long deserved HEA was absolutely glorious. I have no words really. Fans of hurt/healing/comfort should definitely pick this up.
Tjarde
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was just ... I'm still smiling through tears...
BWT (Belen)

Falling Down is a lovely audio, a nice listen, and it's a great story. Probably not one I should have listened to during a week where a woman who was like a mother to me died, but something about Michael Stellman's steady pace coupled with his beautiful, emotion-filled performance soothed me. Listening to this, I was comforted. I am just so thankful because this helped me get through a truly awful week.

Michael Stellman is one of the few voice actors I listen to who doesn't do character voices, b

• The Tin Box
  • Saugatuck Summer (Saugatuck, #1)
  • Racing for the Sun
  • Seven Summer Nights
  • If I Should Stumble (Tork and Adam, #3)
  • The Dreams You Made in the Dirt
  • Defenseless
  • Be My Best Man
  • Arrows Through Archer
  • Block and Strike
  • The Firebird and Other Stories (Beings in Love, #5)
  • Louder Than Sirens, Louder Than Bells
  • Only Love (Only Love, #1)
  • Edge of Forever
  • Stories Beneath Our Skin
  • True Colors (True Love, #2)
  • The Next Competitor
  • Chasing the Dragon
Having been, at various times and under different names, a minister’s daughter, a computer programmer, the author of paranormal mysteries, a game designer, an organic farmer, an avid hiker, and a profound sleeper, Eli is happily embarking on yet another incarnation as a m/m romance author.

As an addicted reader of such, she is tinkled pink when an author manages to combine literary merit, vast sto