Start by marking “Rich and Gone (Red Farlow Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rich and Gone (Red Farlow Mysteries, #1)

Rich and Gone

(Red Farlow Mysteries #1)

PI Red Farlow is on the hunt to find $300 million a Florida insurance executive has bilked out of family and friends.

Woody Cunningham stashed the money in safe havens around the world before disappearing. Has he been done in by one of his enemies? Or did he skip town with his girlfriend to live off the ill-gotten wealth? If that’s the case, where is he?

Farlow must quickly
Published May 29th 2019 by TirgearrPublishing

To ask other readers questions about Rich and Gone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rich and Gone

Start your review of Rich and Gone (Red Farlow Mysteries, #1)
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

Red is a man of integrity and it shows through in his actions toward both men and women in this story. The side romance is a nice touch.

Read full review in the 2019 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Cathy Geha
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rich and Gone by W.F. Ranew

Red Farlow has retired from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and has set up as a Private Investigator. The case we meet him on is one that has him searching for 300 million dollars that has been misappropriated and hidden. Then, shortly after the money disappeared, so did Woody Cunningham. Follow the money they say...and so Red does but in so doing he also tried to locate Woody – dead or alive.

I really enjoyed looking over Red’s shoulder as he begins to follow lead
Sherrie Cronin
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rich and Gone starts off with a great title and it goes to on tell an interesting and complex who-dun-it story spiced with lots of genuine southern flavor and the occasional bit of big money intrigue.

Things I especially liked:

All the financial sleuthing, and the impressive research behind it.
An older protagonist who trusts his hunches, is tech savvy, and who is finally having a love affair with the woman he’s yearned for, for forty years.
Great descriptions of Florida and Georgia, and even bet
Kathy
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought this story started out a little slow, but I kept reading because I liked Red Farlowe, P.I. A great character that W. F. Ranew created in this first book of a series. Red’s retired from the Georgia FBI and I enjoyed the southern thinking and styles of many of the characters and found myself being caught up in some of those beautiful southern drawls as well as the sights and scenes in the countries Red travels to. Rich and gone has to do with a wealthy, powerful man being as you can imag ...more
Suzanne Hare
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Is Woody Cunningham alive and rich or is he dead? This is what Red Farlow P.I. is hired to find out. Before his dissapearance, Cunningham, an insurance executive stole $300 million From friends and family. Is he living the good life with his girlfriend or has he been killed? QIt is up to Farlow to find answers.

This book is the first in the Red Farlow P.I. series and it is a hard boiled mystery that takes place in Georgia Floria, Europe and South America. The characters are great, complex and int
Mark Schultz
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was very pleased by how much I enjoyed this story. I had to look up the genre to be sure I understood the style of a hard-boiled mystery. I learned the protagonist is usually a cynic, having seen the worst of humanity in the course of a career in law enforcement or as a private investigator. The client usually forgets to mention important details and the investigation reveals secrets that certain parties have vested interests in keeping them secret.
I found this story to be very entertaining a
Jessica Belmont
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rich and Gone is a really great ‘whodunit’ type of mystery, and one I particularly enjoyed reading. This story had an interesting flair of financial sleuthing.

There were quite a few characters in this and I think it was a little bogged down with minor character back stories. I’m all for a character driven novel, I think I just wanted to focus on the important characters more.

There are a few graphic scenes in this novel but they didn’t bother me. I think they were part of the plot and useful to d
Texas
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rich and Gone – This is my first read by this author and after five tries to read this PDF, I finally made it past page 41; the font was too small and I did not have control over font or page size.

I found the book well written, the storylines intriguing and the characters interesting. There is a lot happening, expected and unexpected, but the story never drags and keeps a good pace to the end. Once started, this is a difficult book to put down since the author weaves a good tapestry with his des
Heather W
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an intriguing look into a missing executive and offshore banking. Private investigator Red Farlow has to try to find both the money and the man. This book has great descriptions as Red travels the globe in his search for knowledge. It is a very interesting process he goes through and the author keeps you engaged throughout the story.

I am looking forward to more from this author.

Mary
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked the characters, the main character, Red, especially. This was a fun mystery trying to find a lot of money and the man who took it. There were plenty of twists and turns and the ending was unique. I look forward to spending more time reading this author’s work. I received a copy from BookSprout and this is my honest opinion.

Kristi
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author will take you on a ride full of suspense, mystery, hidden money and offshore accounts. PI Red Farlow is on the hunt for missing money totaling millions that Florida insurance executive, Woody Cunningham, has taken from people. He will travel across the globe searching for him and the money but can Woody be found or has he disappeared for good, along with all the money?

Pat Eroh
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed every word in this book. I loved the characters and became quite attached to them. Plus, an awesome bunch of twists and turns that kept me guessing to the very surprising and awesome end. I have never read this author before but I am certainly going to keep an eye out for his work! I highly recommend this book.

R.K. Emery
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
This is a mystery at its best. It will make you want to cuddle up for a while and get lost in the story and mystery that W.F. Ranew has created. With not just a great main character I am able to feel like I connected right off the bat, but great secondary characters as well. That is something that really helped me get invested in the story. The cover is wonderfully ominous. Such a unique premise and it was very well executed. Don't miss this one!
LYNN
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rich and Gone by W. F. Ranew is a great book. Ranew creates the charismatic and nefarious mystery man and keeps you turning pages to find out what happens to him. The regions of South Georgia and North Florida come alive as you follow detectives and journalists seeking the truth. Who wouldn't like Red Farlow?
Truly Trendy PR
Rich and Gone is the first book in the Red Farlow Mysteries series by W.F. Ranew. An intriguing mystery that is sure to keep you on the edge of your seat. A spin chilling story that will keep you guessing until the end. *I received a complimentary copy from RABT Book Tours and the author in exchange for an honest and unbiased review*
Ever Leigh
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
What I liked the most that I could not put down my tablet while reading this book . The man has outdone himself. So much of this book really appealed to me. The mystery and the characters that were entertaining were both highlights.

This is an exciting adventure with lots of mystery and action, while incorporating real life issues and making the characters have layers to their lives.
Tanya
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He has taken millions from others and now he has disappeared along with the money. It is now up to them to find the money and him. Is he still alive? Will he be found? Can the recover the money? See if they will
Loretta
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
WELl paced

The ssstory moves along well with new information and ideas to consider in every chapter. didn't like that the character kept information to himself making it more difficult to connect the dotes before the big reveal.
Would read more. By the same author
C. Gonzales
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
This is a skillfully fashioned mystery with a unique storyline and truly authentic characters. It draws the reader grippingly along as the clues mount up and the story unfolds. I loved the unexpected and delightful finish. This book is really good and I heartily recommend it.
HOLLY CLAGHORN
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
Sorry,I just didn't like the Mysterie. I felt it was too drawn out. Fell asleep a few times getting thru the story.
William A Franks
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read

A fun read. Following the mysterious shanagans of Woody Cunningham, Red eventually finds his man, with a surprise ending! Try it!
Bonnye Reed
Jun 19, 2019 marked it as to-read
Ebook discovery
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Retired GBI officer PI Red Farlow was hired to find a missing man, Woody Cunningham. After starting his investigation Red learns that Woody is not the only one missing. A young woman Wanda Ramirez is also missing along with $300 million.

Reds investigation takes him from city to city and from state to state as well as across the country in to Europe. His investigation starts out in Atlanta but soon he is lead to Florida, North Carolina and even to other places.

Rich and Gone has action and suspe
M L S
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ranew takes readers on a suspenseful romp through the world of hidden money and offshore banking, as PI Red Farlow crosses the globe in search of missing millions and the fate of financier Woody Cunningham. A cast of well developed characters and plot twists are revealed in just the right doses to keep readers guessing until the very end. Rich and Gone is a pleasurable read.
Lisa
Ally Swanson
Jun 24, 2019
Val
Jul 06, 2019

• Prose and Poison: A Cafe Prose Mystery (Cafe Prose Mystery Series Book 1)
  • A Witch Too Hot (Crystal Springs #2)
  • Finishing the Game (Sweetfern Harbor #15)
  • Right Witch Wrong Time (A Witch in Time #5)
  • The Corpse Wore Stilettos
  • A Séance in Franklin Gothic (Thistlewood Star Mysteries, #3)
  • The Phantom of the Opal
  • Arsenic and Olé (Coastal Playhouse Mysteries, #2)
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men Duet, #1)
  • Palatino for the Painter (Thistlewood Star Mysteries, #2)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Where the Blame Lies (Where, #1)
  • Who Shot the Serif? (Hand Lettering Mystery #1)
  • Asking For A Friend
  • Asylum Road (Jake Caldwell #4)
  • A Murder in Helvetica Bold (Thistlewood Star Mysteries #1)
  • Baskerville for the Bear (Thistlewood Star Mysteries #0.5)
  • What Washes Up (The Forgotten Coast, #3)

Red Farlow Mysteries (3 books)
  • Blue Magnolia (Red Farlow Mysteries, #2)
  • East Beach (Red Farlow Mysteries: #3)