Start by marking “Season of the Witch” as Want to Read:
Season of the Witch

Season of the Witch

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  51 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
6 sinister tales plus BONUS AUDIO CD.

'MISSED APPOINTMENT', a man has an unusual visitor as death suddenly appears on his doorstep . . .

'SPINSTER' is the story of a miserly old woman who receives a visit from a very special . . . and terrifying . . . little girl . . .

'SEASON OF THE WITCH': Curtis and Lauren Stanton move to an old farm home on Michigan's Old Mission Peninsu
Trade Paperback, 396 pages
Published August 15th 2002 by AudioCraft Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Season of the Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Season of the Witch

Oct 13, 2010 rated it liked it
Re-reading because it's close to Halloween. Neat to read a book that takes place in Northern Michigan - the main story is on the Old Mission peninsula. The other stories reference areas I'm familiar with. Fairly standard horror, but a pretty good read.
Nina Soden
Dec 31, 2014 rated it liked it
This review is overdue! I finished this book in November 2014

I was given a copy of this book by my mother who picked it up at a small book store in Michigan. I found it interesting to read a book that takes place in Northern Michigan where I spent so many of my childhood summers. This book is a series of short stories, Missed Appointment, Spinster, Season of the Witch, Call for Help, The House at 2629 Woodland Street, and The Execution of Steven Minard. All of the stories are interesting in thei
Robb Bridson
Mar 03, 2015 rated it liked it
This collection of short stories, all taking place in northern Michigan, reads a lot like a marathon of Tales from the Darkside, complete with twisted, sometimes darkly humorous endings.
I tend to like these kinds of horror stories, but, as with most short story collections, some of the stories are good, some okay, and one of them not so good (the story about the haunted house is hard to get through, mostly dye to style; this story was originally written for audio performance, and that could be w
Linda Levy
Jan 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
A history of San Francisco from the 1920s through the beginning of the AIDS epidemic in the early 80s. It was very interesting and gave many events that I remember context with the benefit of hindsight. I wish he had continued to present day; the ending was a bit abrupt but it was a great read.
Scott
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable collection of connected stories that take place around the Halloween season. The title novella is the highlight; some of the others are a little hokey but overall this is a worthwhile read.
Bryan Wisdom
Sean Eddy
Sep 27, 2015
Janet
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have read lots and lots of "scary" books, thrillers, etc. This was a great one. Really good.
Shahiro
Oct 31, 2008
Sheriesha Henderson
Dec 05, 2014
Christopher Wright is the author of dozens of horror fiction books for children and young adults. He writes under the pseudonyms Johnathan Rand and Christopher Knight. Almost all of Wright's books (save American Chillers) take place in his home state of Michigan.

More about Christopher Knight