Start by marking “Awkward in Print” as Want to Read:
Awkward in Print

Awkward in Print

Hollywood megastar, Jojo Hudson, has a secret. One that, if ever revealed, could destroy her reputation, her career, and her engagement to billionaire, Alex Masters.
Fortunately, the only other person who knows the truth has been absent for over six years.
Unfortunately, now he’s back.

When Ace walks back into her life, threatening to reveal her scandalous secret to the
Kindle Edition, 1, 128 pages
Published April 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Awkward in Print, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awkward in Print

Start your review of Awkward in Print
Brianna Belbin
Jojo Hudson has made her way up to become a big actress, is recently engaged to Alex, a billionaire, and her life seems perfect- at least until a ghost from her past, Ace, blackmails her and threatens to ruin her whole career and reputation with the secret she’s been keeping. I really enjoyed Jojo’s personality- she’s likeable, fun, and pretty down to Earth for someone who has made it in Hollywood. Rachel did a great job with the character development, especially the side characters, and the ...more
Lindsay
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, 2019
I really enjoyed this audio book. The story was interesting and the narrator suited it perfectly. The story centres around an actress and writer who’s at her latest book signing meets up with someone from her past who knows all her secrets. I just loved it that’s all I can say.
Andrea
This book was such a surprise! Such a pleasant surprise! This was full of angst, mystery, and twists. This was my first book by this author and I fell in love. I can’t wait to read more from this author.

This book is full of lovable characters and friendships. It’s full of angst, love, wit, and great writing. I enjoyed the banter, the emotion, and the relationships. There is just so much to love about this book!
Tallulahlucy
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finished at 1am because couldn’t sleep without knowing what happened!

Lovely light read. Reminds me of Janet Evanovich’s romances.
Mariclair Smit
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Jojo Hudson's life seems perfect. She is Hollywood's sweetheart and engaged to the handsomebillionaire, Alex Masters.

However, she is hiding a scandalous secret that could destroy her entire life.

Enter Ace, the only other person who knows her secret. You will love to hate him as blackmails her, and her life begins to plunge into a downward spiral...

But Ace has a secret of his own...

Rachel Rhodes's Awkward in Print is definitely entertaining.

You will fall in love with the characters and their
DubaiReader
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, novella, audible, tbc
Short, but not so sweet.
I thought this was going to be a predictable tale and I was shouting obscenities at the main character for being so stupid! But then the author turned me on my head, as Melissa Delport (alias Rachel Rhodes/Liss Del) is wont to do and I had to smile at my automatic assumptions.

It's only a novella, just 3 hrs and 47 mins in audio, but it was the perfect length. There aren't too many characters, so it doesn't need to be a full novel, but it packs a punch.
Josie (JoJo) has
Frieda
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tsbc-authors
I really enjoyed this quirky romance which is well written and more realistic than most.
Karson Lee
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Awkward In Print! What a fun story. I will begin immediately reading the next Awkward novel right away, pushing back obligations I've made because I enjoyed it so much. I won't leave spoilers, but suffice to say there are enough twists to keep you interested.

The audio production was wonderfully done. I loved listening to the narrator's voice and she did a wonderful job with the audio. I'm hoping she's also narrated the second and third in the series because she is extremely easy to
Ashley Hedden
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awkward in Print: Awkward Book One was a great read by Rachel Rhodes. Jojo is a Hollywood star who has a huge secret that could destroy not only her career but her engagement. She feels okay knowing that the only other person that knows about the secret has been long gone for six years. Ace comes barging back into her life, threatening to reveal her secret if she doesn't leave her fiance. Jojo is not only fighting the things Ace is forcing on her, but also fighting their attraction for one ...more
Patricia carlisle
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you want a light romantic story this would be it! Jojo Hudson, an actress, is America's sweetheart. She's engaged to the handsome Billionaire Alex Masters. Jojo wrote an autobiography, but with one thing written in it was a lie. Then comes Ace,a flame from her college years at Juilliard.
He threatens to expose her secret to the newspaper, if she didnt go along with his scheme. Jojo was worried about her reputation in Holywood. What was Ace up to? Everything is not as it seems. Mystery and
Sophie Koufes
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Audiobook Review:
Awkward in Print (Awkward Series, Book 1) is a fabulous romantic comedy with a astonishing tangle. I absolutely love everything about this series. An eye popping cover, on the qui vive from chapter one, campy inner voice, cool ambience, sweet-natured characters, and entertaining narrative. Endangerment and mystery intricately weaved into the narrative creating a euphoria effect. A hitting the spot ending to polish off this in fine fettle listen.

I absolutely love the naration.
Shanice Singh
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: print-books
Hollywood starlet, Jojo Hudson releases a tell-all book about her life. Except that the one thing her "tell-all" focuses on is a complete lie.
Jojo has built her life around this lie so if it gets out, her career and her engagement both go down the drain.
But the only person who knows that Jojo is lying hasn't been seen for years. Until the day of her book launch when he appears out of thin air.
Ace threatens to reveal everything about him and Jojo unless she breaks up with her billionaire
Juliana Veale
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I rarely read contemporary romances, but this one was fun. Whilst its premise is the successful Hollywood actress is not exactly gritty and realistic, it's fun. The protagonist is quite likeable, which I think is rare considering that the glamorous actresses tend to be the villains of romances such as these. Her friends were absolutely fun, including her risk averse sister and I do wish they had more screen time as well as the dog.

The villain of the piece was a bit too vague for my taste and
Cindi Page
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A romance that ticks all the boxes

Jojo is a Hollywood star- and a virgin. And she’s written a best selling book about it.

She is also engaged to a wealthy and drop dead gorgeous Alex. Life is just about perfect until her book launch when her college crush asks to have his book signed...

Old sparks fly in this hate to love romantic comedy that also has a few mysteries to solve.

The audiobook made for great listening.
Sara
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tsbc-2019, august
I typically do not read or listen to romance books. I dont know why....but they aren't my thing.
I honestly really liked this one! There were parts I laughed out loud and parts that made me mad. I love chapters 17 and 18 so very much!
And if you like a bit of a twist, you won't be disappointed in this one.
I will be grabbing the next one as well.

I was given a free copy in exchange for my honest review.
Becky Rendon
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
I almost didn't finish listening. I want to laugh at that sentiment now but i was so annoyed with a certain blast from the past I wanted to throw my phone. I mean how dare he!?!?!?! And what the ever loving ....!?!?!?

As awkward as it maybe, this review proves print or not that this is worth the irritation, the anger, and the excitement. Because even if it is Awkward in Print, its swoony in audio!

#audiobookobsessionreviewer
Jan Miller
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awkward in Print by Rachel Rhodes is a surprising listen which I totally enjoyed. The storyline is original and full of some very unexpected twists. I could envision so many details with the words the author wrote. The narration by Kaitlynn Millions was so fitting. She captured the essence of the characters and brought them to life. I will definitely listen to more books by this author and narrator. I loved the ending!
Laurel
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rom-com
This book is excellent. First I was heading off in what I thought was one direction, and then the story does a complete turnabout and you find yourself chasing tail. Brilliant!

Even as this story isn't the longest out there by any means, the characters are all real and I found myself invested in them, rooting for Jojo. But be careful. Who is villain and who is good guy? Hmmm now, that would be telling.

Ideal light read with a happy-ever-after ending, but beware. You may want to throw that hot
K.  Ramjohn
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awkward in Print was a short novella that had me hooked from start to finish. Filled with suspense, mystery and some angst, this novel with its fun characters, interesting story line and its twists and turns was so much more than I expected and I absolutely loved it.
The audiobook was narrated by Katlynn Millions who did a great job with the characters. I enjoyed her narration of the story. I would absolutely recommend this audiobook to all lovers of Second Change romance.
Lynn Z
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this audiobook free for an honest review. I loved this story. Actually, I love stories I have listened to so far written by Rachel Rhodes. The author gives you a bit of suspense, laughter, thrill with a few tears on the side. The characters were very lifelike and the story very cute. The narrator did a great job with the characters and enhancing the story.
Kirby
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I listened to this book on Audible. There were some parts toward the beginning where the narrator was really breathy, it sounded like she was rubbing her lips on the microphone almost.

However, this story was a delight. I enjoyed the romance angles and the attempts to show the difficulties in life for a big star. plot twist at the end, great story!
CJ Villacote (CJ.wholovestolisten)
*Audible*
This made me emotional a bit, laugh and giggle.

My first time with this author and I'm not all dissapointed with how the story goes. Though I kinda predicted who Ace truly is but still I find this amazing and beautifully written. I'm hooked from start to finish and looking forward for more of this series.

The narrator has a super nice voice that I admire.
Mel @thevocalromancer
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first Rachel Rhodes' book and first listen by narrator Katlynn Millions. I really enjoyed it! The characters were great and the story is sweet, fun, original, and captivating. I was a bit frustrated in the middle of the story, but the ending really turned it around for me! What a nice suprise, and swoon!!! Ace! A quick and light-hearted read, I enjoyed it!
Jocelyne
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Rachel Rhodes's book, and won't be my last. This is the first book in the Awkward Series. I love Jojo's story. The characters are great, and the story is sweet, fun, original, and captivating, filled with unpredictable twists, and a little suspense. I love the ending. Katlynn Millions did an amazing job with the narration. I enjoyed my listening, and I highly recommend it.
Kayla Milliner
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a cute light hearted read. I didn’t figure out the ending before the book was over, so that was a plus! It’s a short book s everything moves along rather quickly, but all in all it was a cute read.

Also— I listened to the audiobook and the narrator was excellent.
Chantel Comins
Jul 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Lovely light read

This felt like watching an episode of my favourite series, but in the much more appealing book format.
Lovely light hearted read, with a few twists and turns thrown in for good measure. Also a lovely cast of interesting characters.

Bravo
Charlie
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Meli *cough* I mean Rachel, you have finally filled the "silly and fun books you know are going to make you cringe but you'll love it anyway" market. It's like sweet pie when you've been on a diet of curry for a while. Good for the soul in small bites.

YAS!
JOAN
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I listened to this book at 1.25 X

This book was a true rom com. Lotsa fun twist and turns.

The author Rachel Rhodes wrote a good story.

The vocal artist katlynnt Millions was very good at portraying the story. Only pet pev was spoke American and kept saying ars instead of ass.
Cheryl
Dec 23, 2019 rated it liked it
An okay quick read. Could have been longer to develop the characters and their story more.
Brooke
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great book with a few twists that you may not see coming with some comic relief while you listen. I enjoyed this book and look forward to the rest in this series.

• A Life Made of Lava
  • Jigsaw: A Susman & Devil Crime Detective Thriller
  • Room 119: The Whitby Trader
  • Riven
  • Willow (The Pepper Lane Club #1)
  • A Child Is Torn: Innocence Lost
  • The Void
  • Tonight You're Mine
  • City of Wishes 6: The Everafter Wish
  • The Evolution of Man (The Trust Fund Duet, #2)
  • The Starlight Quest (City of Wishes #5)
  • Finding Perfect
  • The Memory Thief (City of Wishes #1)
  • Not Waving: A Short Story
  • The Traveler
  • Burn The Evidence (Detective Solomon Gray #2)
  • Back For More
  • The Eternal Night (City of Wishes #4)