Start by marking “Monstrosity: Tales Of Transformation” as Want to Read:
Monstrosity: Tales Of Transformation

Monstrosity: Tales Of Transformation

Dear reader,

When we were children, we dreamed of being heroes. We wanted to slay dragons and defeat the monsters that scared us.

As we grew older, we were forced to try and find our monsters. We had been told they would be easy to spot. Monsters had too much teeth, too much fur, too much size.

These were lies. We stopped wanting to be heroes. We started to want to be more, to be too much. We wanted,size.

Theseus.

Asreader,

When

Published April 17th 2019 by Creativia

To ask other readers questions about Monstrosity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monstrosity

David J.  Dittman II
I've always had a weakness for short fiction with its ability to condense a full narrative into a relatively small amount of space. Monstrosity continues this tradition with rage, fury, empathy, humor, and satisfaction. This book is an exploration of the concept of monster and what that entails.

Monstrosity is organized into three sections Hominum, Mutatio, and Monstrum. Hominum focuses on mainly human stories and the monsters we can become. Mutatio involves stories of transformation
Priya Sridhar
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laura's stories tiptoe around sweet and creepy themes like ballerinas. I greatly enjoyed reading them.

"The Swamp King" is my favorite, a take on tales like "Donkeyskin" where women have to escape their dreadful stories. But the rest are also really cool:

Without Him (and Him, and Him) There is No Me - Haunting, and reminding us of the dangers of surrendering our hearts to people we don't know.

Three Beats Per Measure - Sometimes what we inherit can be a tragic, violent legacy.
Margaret Adelle
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**I was sent an ecopy by the author for review**

While the cover makes the book seem mostly horror, the genres of the stories range from the scary to the sci-fi, with some Chilean folklore mixed in. Admittedly, "How Eduardo Found His Heart" was a bit difficult for me to read, as it was in "Spanglish." But the gist was still heartwarming. The last two stories are tied for my favorite. There's the tale of an android prostitute gaining sentience and one with an ancient succubus trying to
Joma Briones
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The stories are relatable, and don't sugarcoat how twisted our world and nature as humans really are. The term human is actually just an understated term for what we all really are.... troubled monsters.

Pitiful, lovable, and mischeavous characters are all here with their own twisted lifestories to share which keeps one from being bored easily. Some can be disregarded as simple fictional fairytales (yeah right.. fairytales) While some are possible real-life events happening right now.
Asseyah Reviews
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great eye-opening book filled with great stories that show the darker, yet more peachy and ironic sides of things. The author sure has balls (pardon the word) , to be honest.

Not everyone would feel confident in writing a story that also raises the topics of what our modern world truly faces right now. Those small perspectives of the people that most would deem.... Irrelevant in society turn out to be filled with deeper stories and scars that they themselves are burdened by.

The title is the w
Katherine Gonzalez
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hooked from the first page.

Laura weaves a story that lulls you in immediately, dropping bread crumbs of the worlds she builds, unsatisfied with simply ensnaring you with her diverse cast of "monsters." I love how she sprinkles in Spanish without giving an immediate translation, trusting the reader to pick up and understand, her prose as fluid as the sexuality of the characters in these stories. Nothing quite as fascinating as relating to something monstrous.
Elizabeth
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A succubus mother, an android prostitute, a carnivorous-curious purple moon, and a vampire coven with praying-mantis-like mandibled jaws are but a few of the weirdly wonderful protagonists who shine in this brilliant collection. I couldn't put it down--it was a total blast. Highly recommended (if you, too, are weird--if not, you probably should not read this book).
Robin  Corbin
Jun 02, 2019
Kimberly Bryant
Jun 10, 2019
Laura Arce
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Cindy
rated it it was ok
Jul 30, 2019
May 30, 2019
Laura Arce
Aug 16, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Naedrax
Felicia
Edwardky
Zlatco
May 27, 2019
Laura Diaz de Arce (1987-Present) was born and raised in South Florida by two immigrants. In 2011 she graduated from the University of Florida and went on to earn her masters in literature. Her words can be found in Clash, Enchanted Conversations, and Book Riot. She lives in South Florida with her husband and two cats in a cabin built on a swamp. In her off time, she dyes her hair new and unnatura ...more
“I was the hunter when the world was dark. When you could smell the men, the food, the unwashed bodies for miles. There was no challenge to finding them, alone in a wood, hunting their own quarry. Their flesh and sweat teasing our nostrils in the dusk. They were easy prey.” 0 likes