Start by marking “10-Code (Rock Point, #4)” as Want to Read:
10-Code (Rock Point, #4)

10-Code

(Rock Point #4)

As a forty-one-year-old mother of three boys, working two jobs, Marya Berger doesn’t have the time or energy to consider a relationship. Especially after a lifetime of poor choices in the romance department. But when the disappearance of a young boy strikes a little too close to home, and a younger man she’s tried to ignore offers his help, she doesn’t stand in the way.

S
Published June 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about 10-Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 10-Code

Start your review of 10-Code (Rock Point, #4)
DJ Sakata
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

I don’t have a thing for older women… I have a thing for you. You happen to be older, that’s all.

Okay, you need to stop being perfect. My heart can’t handle it.

My Review:

I have stated this numerous times but it is worth repeating, I adore Freya Baker. I’m sad to see this series come to an end as I enjoyed these admirable, hard-working, and uniquely compelling men and women of La Plata County. The intriguing books of this series were all standalone yet seamlessly interconnected.
"Avonna
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

10-Code Rock Point/La Plata County FBI Book 4 by Freya Barker is a new FBI romantic suspense which returns to Rock Point and is the fourth book in this series. While there is character crossover from the previous books in this series, it can be easily read as a standalone without confusion.

Marya Berger had her dead-beat husband walk out on her and their three boys five years ago. With the help of her mother and working two jobs, s
Mindy Lou's Book Review
10-Code is Dylan and Marya's story. Dylan is 38, single dad to his 11 year old boy, Max. Marya is 41, single mom to her 3 boys, Theo-13, Liam-11 and Harry-8.

Dylan is an FBI agent who has always noticed pretty Marya at the local book store/coffee shop. The perfect opportunity to get to know her better shows up when his son Max and her son Liam start soccer together. His first wife left him and Max and never looked back.

Marya's husband bailed on her and the boys 5 years ago when he gets his girlf
Carvanz
Wow! This book was simply amazing! Filled with everything you could want in a romantic suspense with the perfect balance between the two. It’s been way too long since I’ve found one that checked all my boxes as this one did!

Marya and Dylan are both single parents. They know each other from common friends but have never really interacted. When one of Marya’s sons joins the same soccer team as Dylan’s, the opportunity finally presents itself and Dylan eagerly takes it. When a young boy is found de
Freya Barker
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-book
***IT'S LIVE!!!***

books2read.com/10Code

Single father, Dylan Barnes, the junior member of the La Plata County FBI team at thirty-
Island Girl Romance Reads
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My new favorite by Freya Barker! Love this book so much. The storyline was amazing, So suspenseful and love Dylan and Marya so much. I confess, I’m not a fan of younger Hero, older heroine, but loved this one so much. They were perfect for each other.
I couldn’t put the book down. Read it in one sitting.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ STARS!!
Alison
Maya Berger is a 41 year old divorced mother of three boys, bringing them up single-handed after her loser husband left her five years ago and hasn't been in contact since. Taking her middle son Liam to football (soccer) on a Saturday morning she runs into FBI agent Dylan Barnes, a single father, also chaperoning his son to football. Maya feels a strong attraction to the young FBI agent but at eight years her junior and gorgeous to boot he is way out of her league.

Dylan may be eight years younge
Jacquie
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have said it before, and I'll say it again....Freya Barker is one HECK of a writer!!!! Every single book she writes just confirms, once again, that she's the "bee's knees" when it comes to the kind of romantic suspense that wraps around your heart and soul! 10-Code is another prime example of WHY she's one of my top, go-to unicorn authors!

In 10-Code, the last book in the Rock Point Series, Dylan and Marya discover they have something else in common (besides the chemistry that burns brighter th
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Another hit in this series. Another page turner. Another one that will be remember long with the others in this series.

Dylan and Marya brings me back to the Rock Point series with 10-Code. There was not doubt that I would get a story that would have me tapping the screen for the new page. Barker writes such gripping stories of love, romance, suspense, drama all intense and with more than you see on the surface at the beginning.

Marya brings to the table herself and three boys. Both her and Dyla
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Gah!! Where do I start!!!! I’m still processing all the feelings from 10-Code.

Okay, first......If you have not read this series......rectify that now!!!! This is Book 4, it can be read as a stand-alone but I highly encouraged you to start at book 1, Keeping 6.

Freya Barker is one of those authors that always brings her “A” game to her books. 10-Code is no exception, she nailed it!!! I was curious about how the title came about and she answered that question.....right in the book!

Marya and her
Cathy Geha
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
10-Code by Freya Barker
La Plata County FBI – Rock Point Series #4

I eagerly await books by this author because she has never let me down. I love the stories and the characters in them. The books are deep and meaningful with a realness that I like. The characters and their experiences and relationships are believable and draw me in. In this book single parents Marya Berger and Dylan Barnes end up on the same bleacher watching their sons play soccer. Marya has always just been the person Dylan buys
Pamela
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We Met Dylan way back in Upper Hand in Beth & Clint's book. Dylan has grown up and become an FBI agent working with Damian, Luna & Jasper.
Marya, we met in Kerry & Damian's book, and she has had such a tough run at life and raising her 3 boys on her own.
these two together? AM-AH-ZING!
I have to say I have so many favorites with Freya, but this I think is way up there, what a fabulous mix of suspense, romance and had me sitting on the edge of my seat.
MASTERPIECE
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

Also Posted on For The Love of Fictional Worlds

Disclaimer: An eARC was provided via Buoni Amici Press and the Author as part of the Blog Tour. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are therefore, my own.

I absolutely adore Freya Barker’s books – like with every review of her book; I will reiterate that her books are always about a couple who have weathered a few storms in their life; and know, or better yet appreciate the preciousness of love, companion and a solid fo
Karen Hrdlicka
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much, I'm not even sure where to start. For me 10-CODE is a bit of a homecoming. Dylan was first introduced in one of my favorite Freya Barker books, Upper Hand. He was a struggling young, single father of a toddler whose mother decided family life wasn't for her. He got tangled up with the wrong crowd but through love of his mother and her new man, Clint, found his way into being recruited by the FBI.
Ten years later, he is working in the Durango FBI field office, laser foc
Renee Entress
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has secrets, pain, suspense, heartbreak, and love.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Keeping 6 (Rock Point #1)
Cabin 12 (Rock Point, #2)
HWY 550 (Rock Point #3)

This is Marya and Dylan’s story. Marya does not have time for a relationship she also had been so disappointed in the past that she is not even interested. But all that changes when a young boy goes missing and a man tries to help. She will take a
Joanne T
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m a sucker for single parents, and this novel has easily reached my top spot! We first met Dylan Barnes and his son Max in Upper Hand from the Cedar Trees series. Now thirty-three and an FBI agent, it’s finally time for him to find his happy.

Dylan and Marya have crossed paths before, both in the coffee shop and through mutual friends. They have noticed one another before, however it isn’t until one of Marya’s three sons joins the same soccer team as Max, that they find themselves exchanging mo
Ewa
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by Freya Barker. My favourite genre,too,
Very well written story with terrific characters .
We have a single dad and single mom both trying to protect their boys.
Marya is a very strong woman she is also not afraid to lean on and work with Dylan when she needs to.
A like that H/h are mature, reverse age gap,too.
Very interesting and enjoyable read.

Britt The Hatters
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-favorites, faves
I feel like I’m always saying this, but I can’t help it. Freya Barker is a masterful story teller. Her books never fail is completely captivating me and with every new release I’m reminded just how incredibly talented she is. 10-Code is yet another book that hooks you practically from page one. Every page you turn there’s more and more pulling you deeper and deeper into Mayra and Dylan’s story until you’re completely oblivious to the world around you. Thrilling suspense, heart melting romance an ...more
Sandy Nikolas
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
So good!

This is a great love story. That’s almost second to the issues addressed in this book. Be warned, there are some big issues and may be triggers for some. It is all so well written and dealt with.
Kim Otis
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Knocked it out of the park

Great Barker is fast becoming one of my favorite authors. I love a book that makes me laugh, cry and swoon!!!!
Tiffany
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In true Freya fashion she pulled me in and put me on a roller coaster of emotions. I laughed, smiled, got scared, got mad and then my heart got so warm.

I absolutely loved Dylan and Marya so much. Ok so this is younger man and older woman and *clears throat* she is 41 ..yeah I am 41 lol. Dylan is only 8 years her junior so no biggie but swoon! He was perfect in so many ways. Marya had a loser ex that left her with 3 boys, so she is a struggling single mom. The chemistry between these two was ama
Dana
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gah!! Where do I start!!!! I’m still processing all the feelings from 10-Code.

Marya and her
Lisa Cullinan
Shelves: 2019
Another amazing read

10-Code knocked the wind out of me. This story was chaotic, frightening, heart wrenching, and quite important.

Marya Berger is a single mom who is raising three boys ages 8-13. She does the best she can and is lucky to have her mom nearby to give her a much-needed hand. Marya works two jobs and doesn’t have an easy life but truly loves her boys.

Dylan Barnes is an FBI agent who we’ve met in a few of Freya’s other books. He a single dad; his son Max is almost eleven years old a
Laundry
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I swore to y'all this wasn't possible. I swore FB would not be able to top HWY 550 or Cabin 12. But she did it. 10-code took my heart out of my chest, squeezed it several times and then finally after teasing me for hour upon hours of reading, put it back in my chest full of so much dang love, it's unreal. So, is 10-code any good, you ask? PUT THIS BOOK ON YOUR KINDLE RIGHT THIS SECOND. Ya, it's that good.
Story Line: Dylan is a junior FBI agent. He's a 30 something single dad and hot as Hades. Ma
Lynn Reynolds
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marya Berger shows the tough job a single mom has when dealing with three boys. She is also good at juggling her life so that she has time for them. Dylan Barnes is a gentleman when it comes to how he treats a woman. It’s also easy to see how caring he is.

I loved this story from beginning to end – especially since I read it all in one day. I can’t tell you the exact point when I became hooked. Our author created a story where we have an older woman and a younger man. There’s not a big age differ
Pam
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dylan has been one of Ms. Barker's secondary characters that I have been wishing for a book of his own for a long time. We have seen him hit rock bottom and slowly find his place and work towards being a great father and fine FBI Agent. As much as he knows he has succeeded in bettering himself and loves his son, he recognizes that something is missing in their life. The relationship that he has with his son Max is wonderful to watch, it give us an idea of the softer, gentle side of Dylan we don' ...more
Sassy Southern
Jun 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Dylan and Marya both thought they had their lives on the right track, until the people they'd respectively chosen to live it with bailed, leaving them leery of risk and single parents.

Dylan, an FBI agent and dad to his eleven-year-old son, Max, is divorced after his now ex-wife abandoned both him and their son. It is what it is and he got Max out of it, so it was worth it in his opinion.

Marya is working two jobs to provide for herself and her three sons, Theo, age thirteen, Liam, eleven, and Har
Badass Lioness
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars! Marya, 41, first introduced in book 1, Keeping 6, gets her own story. She fell for the wrong man in book 1, but in book 4, she gets it right with Dylan, 33. They are both single parents: she has three sons, and he has one. Their sons are on the same soccer team and play Fortnite. Innocent enough, but someone is using both as a cover to abduct young boys. One turned up dead, and soon another is missing. Who will be next?

Marya is disheveled, works two jobs, and is trying to make ends me
TheHauteBookworm
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! This is such a great story! Talk about suspenseful!! Not only is the plot gripping, but the swoon worthiness of Dylan whew- fanning myself! When he pulled Marya aside in the mine shaft, wowza!! WEAK in the knees!

This book is about Marya a single mother of three boys doing what she can to survive. She lives one day at a time providing the best life she can for her boys.

Dylan is a hot FBI agent and single father working to make each day count.

Their relationship gains its momentum in the ble
Mary
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is gripping story that is full of suspense, intrigue, drama, betrayal, trauma and romance. Dylan is an FBI Agent and a single dad. He's determined, caring, protective, sweet and fierce. His son Max plays soccer, which is where he met Marya. Marya is strong, independent and vulnerable. She has three kids, Theo, Liam and Harry. Liam and Max play soccer together. Dylan has been interested in Marya for a long while, but she resists because he's 8 years younger than her. One morning at a soccer ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Justice for Hildie (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha / San Antonio First Responders Book 4)
  • Shelter for Viviana (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; San Antonio First Responders #3)
  • Justice for Miranda (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; San Antonio First Responders #2)
  • Justice for Sloane (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha; San Antonio First Responders #1)
  • Fighting for Elena (Tarpley VFD #1; Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Fighting For Carly (Tarpley VFD #2; Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Damaged (Triple Canopy #1)
  • Saving Imogene (SEAL Team Tango #1)
  • Then There Was You
  • Storm (Linear Tactical #10)
  • Fighting for Brittney (Tarpley VFD #5; Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Baby (Linear Tactical #9)
  • A SEAL for Deb (Fighting for Home, #2; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Justice For Angie: Police and Fire: Operation Alpha (Counterstrike, #2)
  • Fighting For Nadia (Tarpley VFD #6; Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • Scott (Zeta Security #1)
  • Fighting For Jemma (Tarpley VFD #4; Police and Fire: Operation Alpha)
  • A SEAL for Candace (Fighting for Home #1; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
USA Today bestselling author Freya Barker loves writing about ordinary people with extraordinary stories.
Driven to make her books about 'real' people; she creates characters who are perhaps less than perfect, each struggling to find their own slice of happy, but just as deserving of romance, thrills and chills in their lives.

Recipient of the ReadFREE.ly 2019 Best Book We've Read All Year Award fo

Rock Point (4 books)
  • Keeping 6 (Rock Point, #1)
  • Cabin 12 (Rock Point, #2)
  • HWY 550 (Rock Point Book 3)