Start by marking “Chasing Solace (Lost Solace Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Solace (Lost Solace Book 2)

Chasing Solace

(Lost Solace #2)

The legendary Lost Ships exist, and they harbour nightmarish horrors. Opal knows. She barely survived her first encounter with one.

Despite escaping, she failed to find what she was looking for: her lost sister. Now Opal must board a second derelict Lost Ship to seek answers, and it's even more monstrous, a sickening place of death and decay. To make things worse, the mil

Published April 15th 2019 by Organic Apocalypse

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Solace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Solace

Shaz Goodwin
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Stopping off for supplies before journeying on to find the Lost Ship, not only Opal’s willingness to face adversity but her ethics and morals are once again very clear. In Chasing Solace we also get to see her vulnerabilities and this made me feel very protective of her – something I hadn’t felt in Lost Solace.

As a response to their experiences on the previous Lost Ship, Athene has upgraded and modified and I was looking forward to seeing her in action. I
Brian Clegg
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the first book in this series, Lost Solace, Karl Drinkwater put his main character, Opal, through hell on what appeared to be, but wasn't, a space liner, along with developing her relationship with her ship's AI. Chasing Solace takes the next step, with an evolved AI (now called Athene) and Opal taking on another 'lost ship', more convinced than ever that this is the way to find Opal's missing sister, Clarissa.

As with the previous book there is only one significant human character in Opal. (I
The Behrg
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having already established the dynamic relationship between Opal and Athene in the first book, Drinkwater loses no time diving straight into the action with the sequel. Chasing Solace follows Opal and the AI / ship as they continue their search for Opal’s missing sister, leading them to the second lost ship that Athene must board and brave.

chasing solaceHaving already covered much of this ground in the first book, Drinkwater wisely takes what the reader might expect and shifts it on its head, up
KHB
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent sequel. I found this book was much more a horror and supernatural genre than the first book (Lost Solace). I'd already read the first book when it came out but decided to re-read it again before I started on Chasing Solace. There's a bit of a shift in genre with the second book.

I suppose I'm a glutton for punishment since I don't really enjoy horror and lean toward hard science fiction. It's just that Karl Drinkwater is such a master writer that I basically like everything he produces.
John-Michael Lelievre
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I kind of wanted to be the first one to review this, but missed the boat on that, work eh!

I enjoyed this book even more than the first, It clocks in at 314 pages, whereas Lost Solace was around 273. Lost Solace left me wanting to see more of the world Opal inhabits, and Chasing Solace delivered in spades. Some question were answered, and some more were raised, but despite that the book has a satisfying conclusion.

Opal is on the run from the UFS still, aided by her sidekick A.I., Athene, who you
Ally Rowan
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The sequel to lost solace puts us back with Opal and her AI in the quest to find her sister Clarissa. Another lost ship and another horrifying encounter with the inhabitants and those pursuing Opal.

The interactions between Opal and her AI are the highlight once again. Funny and humanising - humour is used again with great effect to break up the horror.

If you liked Lost Solace then this is a great addition to the series. Whereas the first book reminded me of Alien and Event Horizon, Chasing Solac
Jo
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Chasing Solace is the follow up to Lost Solace and I couldn't wait to get my mitts on it. What a fabulous read. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Opal again and her AI spaceship, Clarissa. I would recommend reading Lost Solace before this book, and if you enjoyed it you are in for a real treat.

Chasing Solace once again revolves around Opal, a young woman who is alone in Space and who is searching for her sister among the Lost Ships. This is at the heart of the story. The close bond that they shared
Mike
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A compelling, suspenseful story of survival and quest.

The author writes horror, and this does have some horror aspects - most of the book is the protagonist making her way through a deserted spaceship that's an abbatoir, with all of the disgusting fluids, sinister tools, and reminders of industrial-scale suffering that implies. Plus monsters trying to eat her face.

I'm not a horror reader at all, but to me, this didn't end up being offputting. It was mitigated by the fact that the protagonist w
Taig
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m not a particularly fast reader and so I tend to be careful in selecting the next read to commit to. I‘m also the sort of reader who reads and rereads and thinks and ponders along the way, generally giving quite a bit of thought to what I’m exploring. So, coming to the end of Chasing Solace is not unlike saying goodbye to a new friend you got to know intensely well, in a very short time, only to then have to see them to the airport, realizing you’ll likely never to see them again.

Sappy drivel
Helen
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been dying to read this book ever since I knew Karl Drinkwater was writing the sequel to Lost Solace, and I'm so glad I finally got the chance!

This book surpassed all my expectations - Opal is back, feistier than ever, the AI has evolved into a sentient being called Athene, and it's non-stop action for two-thirds of the book as Opal continues her search for her sister.

The tension begins on the first page, and carries on all the way through almost to the end. There's a new lost ship, and it
Barbara
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
In this second Lost Solace book, Opal must find and board a second Lost Ship to continue the search for her sister Clarissa. This time the ship is even worse than the last one, reeking of rot and death, and she has an assassin on her tail, who is working with another powerful AI. But with the help of her AI friend Athene, her amazing armored suit, and plenty of grit and determination, she’ll do whatever she has to do to complete the mission to save her little sister. I loved the story very much, ...more
Jen
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
A great follow up to the first book, it dragged on a little for me in the last two chapters as the book is at its best with characters and action but lost me a bit with the alien technobabble.
Tony Hopcroft
A well written sequel to the imaginitave lost solace. Highly reccomend this book.
Shaun Horton
Larry Bonin
May 25, 2019
Daniel C Tustin
May 21, 2019
Karl Drinkwater is originally from Manchester but lived in Wales for twenty years, and now calls Scotland his home. He's a full-time author, and was a professional librarian for over twenty-five years. He has degrees in English, Classics, and Information Science.

He writes in multiple genres: his aim is always just to tell a good story. Among his books you'll find elements of literary and contempor

Lost Solace (2 books)